Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-18-17, 05:05 AM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 5 - Cleveland St. Ignatius (4-0) at Elder (3-1)

The Panthers host the Wildcats Saturday at The Pit. Iggy has beaten Hoban (17-3), Mentor (41-31), Euclid (34-14), and Detroit Catholic Central (38-7). Well see how the Panthers respond after the loss at LSE. For what its worth, some polls have Iggy ranked above LSE. Kickoff will be at 2:00.
Old 09-18-17, 07:04 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Being embarrassed last week, I would expect Elder to play their best game of the year. But I still don't think they have the horses to beat Ignatius. They will be ready to play though.

Iggy - 28
Elder - 17
Old 09-18-17, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Big fan of afternoon games at the Pit. Elder and St Ignatius have had more than a handful of memorable games through the years. Looking forward to see how the team responds after the disappointing showing up north.
Old 09-18-17, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Big fan of afternoon games at the Pit. Elder and St Ignatius have had more than a handful of memorable games through the years. Looking forward to see how the team responds after the disappointing showing up north.
I expect they'll keep it close up to halftime. After that, IDK. I can't in good conscience pick them to win, but sure as hell hope they do.
Old 09-18-17, 11:27 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
I's 42 E 14.
Old 09-18-17, 11:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
I's 42 E 14.
If they get blown out in back to back weeks, they need to pack up and call it a season.
Old 09-18-17, 11:44 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
If they get blown out in back to back weeks, they need to pack up and call it a season.
What will be different on the field that will prevent another blowout?
Old 09-18-17, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
What will be different on the field that will prevent another blowout?
I imagine they'll be more ready to play Sat. Elder is not as awful as they played Sat.
Old 09-18-17, 11:47 AM
All American

I guess it's the hope that some pride prevents a complete meltdown again. I'd be surprised if they got blown out again. I won't be surprised if they lose however.
Old 09-18-17, 11:52 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I guess it's the hope that some pride prevents a complete meltdown again. I'd be surprised if they got blown out again. I won't be surprised if they lose however.
Predictable play calling and sub par D Secondary play is a recipe for another blowout! I said I thought they would compete last week to no avail. Elder known for not making very many changes (if any) so I see sadly see same result this week!
Old 09-18-17, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Predictable play calling and sub par D Secondary play is a recipe for another blowout! I said I thought they would compete last week to no avail. Elder known for not making very many changes (if any) so I see sadly see same result this week!
If it happens again, I'm going scorched earth on here. The staff shouldn't have jobs if they don't make any changes from last week.
Old 09-18-17, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If it happens again, I'm going scorched earth on here. The staff shouldn't have jobs if they don't make any changes from last week.
At what point do you make good on your word that they don't deserve support and finally leave?
Old 09-18-17, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

St Ignatius lost a lot from the team that made the State Finals last season. Not sure if they've had a 4-hour bus trip yet this year, (I know they played DCC last week) so it'll be important for Elder to play well in the first quarter. An early score and an early stop can do wonders for the confidence of the team.
Old 09-18-17, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
At what point do you make good on your word that they don't deserve support and finally leave?
I'll do my best to convince others to leave if necessary. It might be the only way to send a message that enough is enough with this mediocre bull and that all the bogus excuses of other schools recruiting will no longer be allowed to fly.

I really don't want things to get this messy. I'm not a nasty person, those who know me IRL can attest to that. I get no pleasure from going on these tirades, but sometimes, these things need to be said. And again, I do believe the staff works hard, in fact I know they do, but their stubbornness is collapsing the program. And there's no check and balance to keep things from imploding. That's the big issue when you hire an AD internally, no matter what anyone says, you can never be impartial when evaluating your friends.

Last edited by Descartes; 09-18-17 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-18-17, 01:48 PM
All American

Cool

Quote:
Just please don't hug any strangers should they win! Those folks lives will probably never be the same!
Old 09-18-17, 01:56 PM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
Is it just me, or does anyone else have the Monty Python "Bruce's Philosopher Song" going through their head when you read this board? Might be showing my age here, so apologies in advance...........
Old 09-18-17, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else have the Monty Python "Bruce's Philosopher Song" going through their head when you read this board? Might be showing my age here, so apologies in advance...........
I agree, it's highly negative. I'm not helping, but there just wasn't any positives from Saturday. Add that to the last 5 yrs of mediocrity and people aren't happy, nor should they be.

There's nothing I want more than for them to win and build some confidence going into GCL play. IDGAF about anything else, so I hope in a week we can look back and view a lot of this sentiment as an overreaction.
Old 09-18-17, 03:42 PM
Varsity

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
Bono vs Kinnard should be a fun matchup to watch.
Old 09-18-17, 04:23 PM
All Ohio

epanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll do my best to convince others to leave if necessary. It might be the only way to send a message that enough is enough with this mediocre bull and that all the bogus excuses of other schools recruiting will no longer be allowed to fly.

I really don't want things to get this messy. I'm not a nasty person, those who know me IRL can attest to that. I get no pleasure from going on these tirades, but sometimes, these things need to be said.
How many voices do hear up there? Seriously.....
Old 09-18-17, 04:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by epanther View Post
How many voices do hear up there? Seriously.....
Fans need to be more vocal. You can't go around with your head up your azz thinking Elder is special when they barely go .500 every year. The only thing that makes a program special is if they win. Who the hell cares about the Pit if the team playing in it is average?

I don't understand how Elder is perceived to be a stressful job when it's nearly impossible to get fired. Maybe it's not as cushy as some GMC gigs, but it's far and away the least demanding in the GCL.
Old 09-18-17, 05:58 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Are they still playing this game? I thought Trey and P-Boy have already declared a winner.
Old 09-18-17, 06:01 PM
All American

Yeah, we're so in the minority on this one. SMH

And I'm the one that starts the problems.
Old 09-18-17, 06:57 PM
Varsity

?????? is on a distinguished road
No doubt they are up against a tough team and may get whipped. They also might have one of those days and pull of the upset. Maybe get Mazza back and get him some touches, you never know. The Db's were not the biggest problem against Eds, they need to get better, but 281 on the ground, 7 yrds a pop?
Old 09-18-17, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Are they still playing this game? I thought Trey and P-Boy have already declared a winner.
They're certainly better than they showed Sat, but just being better isn't enough to beat Ignatius. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.
Old 09-18-17, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
No doubt they are up against a tough team and may get whipped. They also might have one of those days and pull of the upset. Maybe get Mazza back and get him some touches, you never know. The Db's were not the biggest problem against Eds, they need to get better, but 281 on the ground, 7 yrds a pop?
He suited up on Sat. I think he needs to start at RB and Massminster moves to Defense where he started the year.

And tackling was atrocious, but the Secondary gave up the back breaking plays. I'd still say the Offense was nearly as bad. I just don't see Nieman being capable of winning any big games. They're better off taking a risk and starting Bittner. At the very least, it gets him more reps for next year.
Old 09-18-17, 07:22 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Running clock
Old 09-18-17, 07:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Running clock
Big talk from a glorified mall cop. Don't you have noise violation complaints to handle?
Old 09-18-17, 07:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Big talk from a glorified mall cop. Don't you have noise violation complaints to handle?
Yeah, I'll have to take a report of an assault. The assault St Iggy will put on Elder
Old 09-18-17, 07:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Yeah, I'll have to take a report of an assault. The assault St Iggy will put on Elder
That'll be the first assault Athens PD has ever solved. (You guys aren't real cops).
Old 09-18-17, 07:56 PM
All American

Quote:
That'll be the first assault Athens PD has ever solved. (You guys aren't real cops).
Deputy.