Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-17, 11:07 AM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone, stop wasting your time with Trey. No matter how often he's proven wrong, he'll stick with his agenda.

Eds does have more talent than Elder, but to say it's "obvious" is an overstatement. In order to win, Elder will have to move the ball on the ground. And they're going to have to do it b/w the Tackles since speed seems to be Eds strength on D.
Old 09-14-17, 11:08 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Well then they better run 58 times.

Their 3 DI recruits in the secondary against our receivers who will never play a down of football after high school doesn't concern you?
Yet somehow Nieman threw for 232 yards, completing 61.3% of his passes, and throwing 1 TD against 0 INT against that same secondary plus Melvin Jackson, who held a Toledo offer last year. Shocking.
Old 09-14-17, 11:08 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Me saying they have more talent isn't an excuse...it's an undisputed fact.

So I'll ask you then what you asked me. Prove to me, with examples, how Elder has similar talent:

Go...you can't do it with anything but your opinion. Zero data to support except for what's in your biased brain. Just be logical.

And the thing is...I'M THE ONE WHO's BEING ACCUSED OF MAKING ACCUSATIONS WITH NO PROOF!!!!! I gave the proof and I'm wrong, and you have no proof to show, but you'right? Is this the friggin twilight zone or what?

You all are bonkers backwards. Completely.

I'll take a whirl at it:
-Bono has a couple D1 offers (both Iowa's if I'm not mistaken)
-Martin has an offer from UT-Martin? (D1-FCS)
-Nieman from what I was told is being looked at by a few lower D1 schools (has the frame to be at least MAC level, his play will likely dictate the offers because the size and arm strength are there)
-James will get at least one D1 offer before all is said and done
-Faillace, Trischler, Masminster, Mazza, Slocum, Tepe, Marsh and O'Brien can all play at least D3 (TMC or MSJ) if they choose to do so.
Old 09-14-17, 11:09 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
So I've provide the proof to explain my argument, which is pretty strong, and Elder will lose on Saturday...and I will still be the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Good call simpletons.
Old 09-14-17, 11:10 AM
All American

This will all be very easy come Saturday. The proof will be in the pudding.

If I'm wrong...I'll be a stand up guy on here and admit that perhaps I undervalued Elder's talent.

If I'm right, none of you will do the same. That's a testament to you.
Old 09-14-17, 11:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post

I'll take a whirl at it:
-Bono has a couple D1 offers (both Iowa's if I'm not mistaken)
-Martin has an offer from UT-Martin? (D1-FCS)
-Nieman from what I was told is being looked at by a few lower D1 schools (has the frame to be at least MAC level, his play will likely dictate the offers because the size and arm strength are there)
-James will get at least one D1 offer before all is said and done
-Faillace, Trischler, Masminster, Mazza, Slocum, Tepe, Marsh and O'Brien can all play at least D3 (TMC or MSJ) if they choose to do so.
Bittner should end up with some D1 offers. I think James is going to end up pretty highly recruited.
Old 09-14-17, 11:14 AM
All American

What has Bittner done to get a D1 offer?

James I completely agree with.
Old 09-14-17, 11:14 AM
All American

trey deflecting so hard on page 4
Old 09-14-17, 11:15 AM
All American

I have no problem admitting when I;m wrong...but it doesn't happen often.

We're trending to 5-5, possibly 4-6...I think you all should start preparing yourself for that.
Old 09-14-17, 11:18 AM
All American

Deflect harder
Old 09-14-17, 11:20 AM
All American

Initially, I said 6-4...how is 5-5 a deflection?

Guess that's another backwards brain issue for you.

You act like I want them to lose. They're the underdog. My brain says they'll lose. My hearts says they pull it off. My brain usually wins.
Old 09-14-17, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
That's your opinion...and one that 99% of people wouldn't share knowing the facts and data at hand.

You don't think this worries Ramsey?
Ramsey and Currin coached circles around St Eds last year so no I don't think it worries him. He will set a game plan that he thinks will be successful against those guys.
Old 09-14-17, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
It does concern me. Nieman tends to rush his throws when playing against faster secondaries.
That's fair. In that game Faillace was getting passes from #12. Offense will hinge on Nieman. He's proven a couple times that he can be the guy (Moeller last year, GL on the final drive this year).
Old 09-14-17, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
This will all be very easy come Saturday. The proof will be in the pudding.

If I'm wrong...I'll be a stand up guy on here and admit that perhaps I undervalued Elder's talent.

If I'm right, none of you will do the same. That's a testament to you.
How so? Let's set definitive terms here. Are you talking an Elder loss? A big loss (21 or more)? The way you're pounding your chest about being right I'm thinking St Edward by 17 is a good line but what say you?
Old 09-14-17, 11:36 AM
All American

This will just turn into an argument about how much is enough to satisfy my chest pounding. I can already see it now.

Once again...it doesn't matter. Lose by 1 or lose by 40 will result in the same responses. I already know that. The same way it did when I backed up my claims with numbers. So what's the point?

You think they're close...I don't. They play on Saturday...seems pretty simple.
Old 09-14-17, 11:58 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Mason Lawlor - BGSU (he's a punter, so that kind of doesn't count)
Sure it counts. They have a D1 punter and Elder has an RB/LB with what is simply the strongest foot on the team. Field position is pretty important and Elder hasn't had a good punter in awhile from what I can recall.
Old 09-14-17, 12:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post
Sure it counts. They have a D1 punter and Elder has an RB/LB with what is simply the strongest foot on the team. Field position is pretty important and Elder hasn't had a good punter in awhile from what I can recall.
Mike Cooke ('07) is the last one I can remember.
Old 09-14-17, 12:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Initially, I said 6-4...how is 5-5 a deflection?

Guess that's another backwards brain issue for you.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Keep deflecting!
Old 09-14-17, 12:21 PM
All World

Ehs 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
everyone, stop wasting your time with trey. No matter how often he's proven wrong, he'll stick with his agenda.
+1
Old 09-14-17, 12:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
This will just turn into an argument about how much is enough to satisfy my chest pounding. I can already see it now.

Once again...it doesn't matter. Lose by 1 or lose by 40 will result in the same responses. I already know that. The same way it did when I backed up my claims with numbers. So what's the point?

You think they're close...I don't. They play on Saturday...seems pretty simple.
Of course the margin matters. If someone thinks they're close in talent it should be no more than a 1-score game either way. You don't think they're close in talent so it should be a 2-3+ score game. Could you contradict yourself anymore.
Old 09-14-17, 01:13 PM
All American

Quote:
Of course the margin matters. If someone thinks they're close in talent it should be no more than a 1-score game either way. You don't think they're close in talent so it should be a 2-3+ score game. Could you contradict yourself anymore.
OK...you think they're close, so let's go with one score.

My guess is you will reply with...but, but, but...why can't we go with 2-3 scores because you don't think they're close.

Because your mind is telling you it will likely be 14+ points. I find it hilarious people that silently agree with me are publicly disagreeing. Again, says much more about you than me.

More than one score, I'm right. Less than one score, you're right. Done.
Old 09-14-17, 01:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post
Sold...just strengthens my argument however.
Old 09-14-17, 01:17 PM
All American

Quote:

For real? Great kid, good player...nowhere close to a D1 QB. That's not a knock on the kid either.

But if a school wants to give him a scholarship, more power to him.
Old 09-14-17, 01:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
OK...you think they're close, so let's go with one score.

My guess is you will reply with...but, but, but...why can't we go with 2-3 scores because you don't think they're close.

Because your mind is telling you it will likely be 14+ points. I find it hilarious people that silently agree with me are publicly disagreeing. Again, says much more about you than me.

More than one score, I'm right. Less than one score, you're right. Done.
Too afraid to put it more than one score. I'll bite, one score game. Really hope I get to come here Sunday morning and say I told you so.
Old 09-14-17, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
For real? Great kid, good player...nowhere close to a D1 QB. That's not a knock on the kid either.

But if a school wants to give him a scholarship, more power to him.
See this is what I'm talking about, you don't have a clue. Mark Miller was the best QB in the state of Ohio for two years and he ended up at Ohio Dominican. Nieman is a legit 6'4, possibly taller. Good frame, nice arm strength, if he were a bit more mobile I'm sure he would already have a D1 offer. You can't teach size and you can't teach speed. That's what gets you recruited more than actual play anymore.
Old 09-14-17, 01:59 PM
All American

Quote:
See this is what I'm talking about, you don't have a clue. Mark Miller was the best QB in the state of Ohio for two years and he ended up at Ohio Dominican. Nieman is a legit 6'4, possibly taller. Good frame, nice arm strength, if he were a bit more mobile I'm sure he would already have a D1 offer. You can't teach size and you can't teach speed. That's what gets you recruited more than actual play anymore.
Stop.

And this is what I'm talking about. Letting your Elder brain bias make you think things that aren't there for some Elder kids and teams.

"if" he were a bit more mobile means "if he was better". There are also many more "ifs" in there besides mobility.

He's a decent high school QB...and that's fine.

We both would take Mark Miller any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

You live in the world of "ifs"
Old 09-14-17, 02:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Stop.

And this is what I'm talking about. Letting your Elder brain bias make you think things that aren't there for some Elder kids and teams.

"if" he were a bit more mobile means "if he was better". There are also many more "ifs" in there besides mobility.

He's a decent high school QB...and that's fine.

We both would take Mark Miller any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

You live in the world of "ifs"
What was it you said to Taco on another thread? You won't be a QB coach any time soon? Clearly you won't be a college recruiter either. He has interest just doesn't have that magical offer yet. The reason I say if he were more mobile is because everyone in college loves to run with their QBs right now. Everything else is there already.
Old 09-14-17, 02:34 PM
All American

And WHEN Nieman doesn't get any DI playing time, you will still say I was wrong.

THAT'S the point.

Throw out a poll and ask how many people think Nieman will play a down as a DI quarterback. We both know what you'll find.

I don't know why you push these things.
Old 09-14-17, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What was it you said to Taco on another thread? You won't be a QB coach any time soon? Clearly you won't be a college recruiter either. He has interest just doesn't have that magical offer yet. The reason I say if he were more mobile is because everyone in college loves to run with their QBs right now. Everything else is there already.
Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up as a PFD Walk on or an Ivy League... From what I've heard, he's a really smart kid.
Old 09-14-17, 02:45 PM
All American

The school has produced, what, 1 D1 college QB (Ramsey) in the last 30 years (I think), and you think one that's not even in the top 20 will get there.

Do you listen to yourself?
Closed Thread