Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-17, 07:37 AM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Elder is also a "perennial power" and is also undefeated.

Elder 24
Eds 21
Not really a "power." If Elder does win, it won't be from kicking FGs
Old 09-14-17, 07:37 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
So to sum up this page of the thread: there is a large and obvious talent disparity between Eds and Elder, in Eds favor, yet trey cannot come up with one example of this being true, despite being able to name "10 obvious names," so he attacked everyone who addresses this?
Bingo.
Old 09-14-17, 08:38 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So to sum up this page of the thread: there is a large and obvious talent disparity between Eds and Elder, in Eds favor, yet trey cannot come up with one example of this being true, despite being able to name "10 obvious names," so he attacked everyone who addresses this?
First of all, I haven't attacked anyone. Quite the opposite.

Second, everyone is just being argumentative to be argumentative. They demand an answer about the players, yet refuse to answer my question:

If Eds doesn't have superior talent, then why is everyone saying that we are the underdog and this will be a very tough game? Is it because of the water in Cleveland? Is it the bus ride? Is it the distracting cheerleaders? Is it being too annoyed by pboy yelling at Ramsey from the stands?

Um...no. We know why - every single one of us...it's the players. They have more talented, game-breaking playmakers. We have none. Doesn't mean we can't win with tough, hard-nosed, disciplined football. Why is this so hard to admit?

The same will be true against Ignatius, X, LaSalle, Moeller and probably WW, so get used to the theme.

This isn't complaining, sour grapes, or an "agenda" - this is Elder's new reality. Wake up.

Last edited by trey2k; 09-14-17 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-14-17, 08:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Not really a "power." If Elder does win, it won't be from kicking FGs
They used to be...in the current landscape, they've dropped a notch. They can still play however.
Old 09-14-17, 08:48 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
First of all, I haven't attacked anyone. Quite the opposite.

Second, everyone is just being argumentative to be argumentative. They demand an answer about the players, yet refuse to answer my question:

If Eds doesn't have superior talent, then why is everyone saying that we are the underdog and this will be a very tough game? Is it because of the water in Cleveland? Is it the bus ride? Is it the distracting cheerleaders? Is it being too annoyed by pboy yelling at Ramsey from the stands?

Um...no. We know why - every single one of us...it's the players. They have more talented, game-breaking playmakers. We have none. Doesn't mean we can't win with tough, hard-nosed, disciplined football. Why is this so hard to admit?

The same will be true against Ignatius, X, LaSalle, Moeller and probably WW, so get used to the theme.

This isn't complaining, sour grapes, or an "agenda" - this is Elder's new reality. Wake up.
Old 09-14-17, 08:49 AM
All American

Quote:
If you think this is laughable, you have the wool covering your eyes...ask anyone with a clue.

You all need to stop saying that I think Elder sucks. I don't think Elder sucks. But it's obvious that since they haven't shifted with the changing landscape of high school sports, they fallen down a notch with their athletic competitiveness.

They have zero chance of going 9-1 / 10-0 every year if they have to play the schedule they are playing this year. They can win some of those games, but do not have the horses to consistently compete at the state level with those schools in football and basketball.

This isn't rocket science. Again, I have no clue why this is so controversial to people on here. It's obvious.
Old 09-14-17, 08:55 AM
All American

Quote:
If you think this is laughable, you have the wool covering your eyes...ask anyone with a clue.
So I shouldn't ask anyone in this thread?
Old 09-14-17, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Trey using "We" when referring to Elder
Old 09-14-17, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So I shouldn't ask anyone in this thread?
It's funny bc he has no Idea what kind of players Eds has. Reading the post from their own fans, they don't have the playmakers like they have had in the past.
Old 09-14-17, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

I also like the fact he keeps blatantly ignoring how Elder beat Eds last year. Everyone who was at that game knows there wasn't an "obvious" talent disparity.
Old 09-14-17, 10:09 AM
All American

Most of their secondary has D1 offers (Dowell - Michigan State; Shields - UC; Jackson - MAC school). LB has an offer from Air Force.

Kordell Hoover - Grand Valley St (I believe they are D2)
Mason Lawlor - BGSU (he's a punter, so that kind of doesn't count)

And numerous other kids going DII and DIII.

Compare that to Elder....One DI offer, one potential D1 offer (James) and a few that may play at MSJ and TM.

Elder has ZERO kids in the Top 150 players in Ohio for the 2017 or 2018 classes. I'll repeat that....ZERO.

LaSalle, X, Ignatius, Eds, Moeller and WW all have multiple. Moeller has 7. LaSalle 3. St X 4. Ignatius 3. Edwards 3. WW 2. C'mon man.

Every single piece of evidence backs up my claims...it's not that hard to state the obvious, even if it's Elder, but I know you will all either ignore this, say I'm wrong, or try to convince me how some of these kids "could" be recruited some day.

I guess I still didn't back my claims up.

Crickets.

Last edited by trey2k; 09-14-17 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-14-17, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Most of their secondary has D1 offers (Dowell - Michigan State; Shields - UC; Jackson - MAC school). LB has an offer from Air Force.

Compare that to Elder....One DI offer, one potential D1 offer (James) and a few that may play at MSJ and TM.

Elder has ZERO kids in the Top 150 players in Ohio for the 2017 or 2018 classes. LaSalle, X, Ignatius, Eds, Moeller and WW have multiple. C'mon man.

Every single piece of evidence points backs up my claims...it's not that hard to state the obvious, even if it's Elder, but I know you will all either ignore this, say I'm wrong, or try to convince me how some of these kids "could" be recruited some day.
You made the point for us. One kid has an offer to MSU, everyone else is 2nd tier D1 (AAC/MAC) or lower. This is one of the least recruited St Edward temas they've had in the past 10 years. Elder has at least 3-5 kids who could walk-on at UC or MAC schools (or even earn a scholarship down the line). The talent disparity favors St Edward, i've never said anything to refute that, but it's a lot closer than any of the recent times they've visited Lakewood. The one thing that will hurt Elder is the speed of the WRs against the secondary. If they can keep things bottled up and not give up explosive plays they will have their best chance to win up there for the first time since 2009. I think the OL can open up holes and Masminster will be able to run. But the key to the game lies on defense.
Old 09-14-17, 10:23 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Elder has ZERO kids in the Top 150 players in Ohio for the 2017 or 2018 classes. LaSalle, X, Ignatius, Eds, Moeller and WW all have at least one and I believe 5 schools have multiple. C'mon man.

Every single piece of evidence backs up my claims...it's not that hard to state the obvious, even if it's Elder, but I know you will all either ignore this, say I'm wrong, or try to convince me how some of these kids "could" be recruited some day.
Cancel the whole regular season and put 2 teams with most Top 150 players(Talent) in State Finals next Saturday then! Please, so it's not so damn cold that day! Trey are you related to B!tch boy somehow? Are you his sister?
Old 09-14-17, 10:26 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Cancel the whole regular season and put 2 teams with most Top 150 players(Talent) in State Finals next Saturday then! Please, so it's not so damn cold that day! Trey are you related to B!tch boy somehow? Are you his sister?
Once again moron...when did I say they couldn't win? Please explain to me how anything I wrote was b*tching? It was nothing but FACTS!

This is what you all do...I prove my point, and then you all go back to saying "cancel the game" as sarcasm. My entire point the entire time was that we will, BY FAR, have the least amount of talent in 6 of the remaining 7 kids...and I got blasted for it.

But it's 100% true. You react exactly how I said you would...so what's the point of me even providing the data? Just as I said would happen.

You are all a bunch of fools.
Old 09-14-17, 10:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
You made the point for us. One kid has an offer to MSU, everyone else is 2nd tier D1 (AAC/MAC) or lower. This is one of the least recruited St Edward temas they've had in the past 10 years. Elder has at least 3-5 kids who could walk-on at UC or MAC schools (or even earn a scholarship down the line). The talent disparity favors St Edward, i've never said anything to refute that, but it's a lot closer than any of the recent times they've visited Lakewood. The one thing that will hurt Elder is the speed of the WRs against the secondary. If they can keep things bottled up and not give up explosive plays they will have their best chance to win up there for the first time since 2009. I think the OL can open up holes and Masminster will be able to run. But the key to the game lies on defense.
LOL.

So the kid from Elder that will never play football again after high school isn't at a disadvantage against the kid going D1 because it's just a second tier MAC school.

I give up.
Old 09-14-17, 10:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Well then they better run 58 times.

Their 3 DI recruits in the secondary against our receivers who will never play a down of football after high school doesn't concern you?
Old 09-14-17, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

Because it's not "BY FAR." You act like Elder is the weak little brother of these teams, that's just not true. That's the big problem people have with you saying these things. You're just dismissing Elder before the game has even been played. You're building excuses by saying they have more talent and we shouldn't expect a win. And you wonder why people get upset.
Old 09-14-17, 10:35 AM
All American

Me saying they have more talent isn't an excuse...it's an undisputed fact.

So I'll ask you then what you asked me. Prove to me, with examples, how Elder has similar talent:

Go...you can't do it with anything but your opinion. Zero data to support except for what's in your biased brain. Just be logical.

And the thing is...I'M THE ONE WHO's BEING ACCUSED OF MAKING ACCUSATIONS WITH NO PROOF!!!!! I gave the proof and I'm wrong, and you have no proof to show, but you'right? Is this the friggin twilight zone or what?

You all are bonkers backwards. Completely.
Old 09-14-17, 10:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
LOL.

So the kid from Elder that will never play football again after high school isn't at a disadvantage against the kid going D1 because it's just a second tier MAC school.

I give up.
If there is one position where Elder can make up for talent by their route tree/offensive scheme it's WR. I guess you forgot when Louis Faillace had 8-10 catches against the McDowell twins (both Michigan State) and Crawford (Notre Dame) in 2014. Oh and that was after their best WR on the team Hall went down.
Old 09-14-17, 10:36 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=trey2k;6836016]Once again moron...when did I say they couldn't win.

This is what you all do...I prove my point, and then you all go back to saying "cancel the game" as sarcasm. My entire point the entire time was that we will, BY FAR, have the least amount of talent in 6 of the remaining 7 kids...and I got blasted for it.

But it's 100% true. You react exactly how I said you would...so what's the point of me even providing the data? Just as I said would happen.

You are all a bunch of fools.[/

Does it upset you that morons and fools are so Talented?
Old 09-14-17, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Kordel Hoover graduated last year.
Old 09-14-17, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well then they better run 58 times.

Their 3 DI recruits in the secondary against our receivers who will never play a down of football after high school doesn't concern you?
No it doesn't, see my previous post.
Old 09-14-17, 10:41 AM
All American

Quote:
That's your opinion...and one that 99% of people wouldn't share knowing the facts and data at hand.

You don't think this worries Ramsey?
Old 09-14-17, 10:44 AM
All American

I'll just keep posting this until someone answers it with logic, and not Elder brain bias:

Me saying they have more talent isn't an excuse...it's an undisputed fact.

So I'll ask you then what you asked me. Prove to me, with examples, how Elder has similar talent:

Go...you can't do it with anything but your opinion. Zero data to support except for what's in your biased brain. Just be logical.

And the thing is...I'M THE ONE WHO's BEING ACCUSED OF MAKING ACCUSATIONS WITH NO PROOF!!!!! I gave the proof and I'm wrong, and you have no proof to show, but you'right? Is this the friggin twilight zone or what?

You all are bonkers backwards. Completely.
Old 09-14-17, 10:45 AM
All American

Quote:

Elder has ZERO kids in the Top 150 players in Ohio for the 2017 or 2018 classes. I'll repeat that....ZERO.

LaSalle, X, Ignatius, Eds, Moeller and WW all have multiple. Moeller has 7. LaSalle 3. St X 4. Ignatius 3. Edwards 3. WW 2. C'mon man.

I guess I still didn't back my claims up.

Crickets.
LaSalle has always had highly talented players, dating back since Grippa was there. That hasn't really helped them until the last 3 years.

Claiming crickets before you even hit "post"
Old 09-14-17, 10:49 AM
All American

Keep throwing up laughing emojis...or provide the proof? Exactly as I said would happen.
Old 09-14-17, 11:00 AM
All American

Trey said there was an obvious and "BY FAR" talent disparity yet couldn't provide a single example without looking it up. Then when he does, he gives incorrect information. Hello, FACTS!!!!
Old 09-14-17, 11:03 AM
All American

Quote:
or provide the proof? Exactly as I said would happen.
Still waiting for you to accurately prove, without looking it up since it is so obvious, the talent disparity. So far I haven't seen anything other than incorrect information and a subjective opinion that guys who end their career in high school cannot out perform guys who will possibly play in college (and shout out to ads for already putting that to bed).
Old 09-14-17, 11:04 AM
All American

There is a significant talent disparity.

There's a reason zero Elder kids are on lists, and multiple kids from the schools we play are. I guess those raters didn't go to Elder...that must be the reason. If that's not evidence to my argument, then that's your problem for not being to understand really simple things.

Moeller 7 (or any other number greater than zero) Elder 0...I guess in your world, the zero is better. It's pointless arguing with someone like that.

Instead of using your Elder bias brain, just use your brain.
Old 09-14-17, 11:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
It does concern me. Nieman tends to rush his throws when playing against faster secondaries.
Closed Thread