Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-01-17, 06:18 AM
superduper superduper is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-15-17
Location: your mom's basement
Posts: 158
superduper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
What source do you have for this?
Jeff Brandt.....OH Superintendent
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-01-17, 08:49 AM
ELDERfbfan ELDERfbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-22-13
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 357
ELDERfbfan is on a distinguished road
Doesn't Elder have some kind of private security detail at night? If so those guys should probably be fired for not being on top of this esp. for this week.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-01-17, 10:53 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,072
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe CPD stops by when they're on patrol, but I can't imagine they have guys sitting outside the school all night.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-01-17, 11:10 AM
ELDERfbfan ELDERfbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-22-13
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 357
ELDERfbfan is on a distinguished road
I remember when I was in school (graduated 2005) there was alway one guy in a suv type car with a yellow siren light that would always sit in his car at the gates...don't know how long he stayed there at night but seemed like he was there every night. You would think that for this week alone, if not just because of the neighborhood, you would have some kind of security making sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-01-17, 12:34 PM
Don Flamenco Don Flamenco is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-25-01
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 18,567
Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDERfbfan View Post
I remember when I was in school (graduated 2005) there was alway one guy in a suv type car with a yellow siren light that would always sit in his car at the gates...don't know how long he stayed there at night but seemed like he was there every night. You would think that for this week alone, if not just because of the neighborhood, you would have some kind of security making sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen.
I remember him when I went there too. I always thought they had at least one security guard on the premises 24/7.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-01-17, 03:33 PM
Fair&Balanced Fair&Balanced is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-06-12
Posts: 379
Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
Jeff Brandt.....OH Superintendent
I saw a text from him today denying that rumor.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-02-17, 06:15 PM
oskar oskar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-03-05
Location: Barrett Cohen owns peeboy
Posts: 2,805
oskar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Like Elder didn't know this might happen?
This is what I was thinking. If this panther is so 'effen valuable, why is fastened down outside where anyone passing by can mess with it?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-02-17, 07:23 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,781
HTFF is on a distinguished road
Are they any better at painting the panther? When it comes to football they are really pretty bad pretty embarrassing to pull these stunts every year and then fail to compete
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-02-17, 07:37 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,072
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Are they any better at painting the panther? When it comes to football they are really pretty bad pretty embarrassing to pull these stunts every year and then fail to compete
Who cares? F*** 'em.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-02-17, 07:48 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,781
HTFF is on a distinguished road
Thought maybe they could show some competence as vandals
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-03-17, 08:35 AM
FinalWord FinalWord is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 4,217
FinalWord is on a distinguished road
I see that Fair & Balanced, also known as "Prejudice & Unsteady", has his panties all bunched up on this painting issue again this year. So some kids painted the Panther....who cares? It's kids playing some pranks as part of a rivalry. Just have some of the kids in Elder's award winning Art program just repaint the Panther and move on.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-03-17, 09:55 AM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,349
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalWord View Post
I see that Fair & Balanced, also known as "Prejudice & Unsteady", has his panties all bunched up on this painting issue again this year. So some kids painted the Panther....who cares? It's kids playing some pranks as part of a rivalry. Just have some of the kids in Elder's award winning Art program just repaint the Panther and move on.
This isn't a discussion of a panther that is/was painted purple.

This is a discussion of a panther statue located near the entrance to the Schaeper Center which was donated by an alum who found it on a trip to Africa. The material from which this statue was carved is porous and the paint caused noticeable damage even after being cleaned the first time this statue was vandalized a few years ago.

Here's what it looked like after the cleaning:





Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-03-17, 07:13 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,398
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
If this is the case, and it's so valuable, why is it outside where it can be vandalized and/or stolen?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-03-17, 08:05 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,349
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
If this is the case, and it's so valuable, why is it outside where it can be vandalized and/or stolen?
A better question to ask is why do Oak Hills students feel the need to repeatedly vandalize Elder's property?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-03-17, 08:19 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,398
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Probably the same reason Elder students feel the need to vandalize the signs leading up to Oak Hills.

Good God, you are the ultimate homer.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-03-17, 09:04 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,781
HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
A better question to ask is why do Oak Hills students feel the need to repeatedly vandalize Elder's property?
They are completely inept at football translation they are horrible so they are trying to make a statement?????
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-04-17, 08:27 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,163
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Check the Elder coach's office. You may find Oak Hills colored spray paint there. Old school tactic.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-04-17, 09:27 AM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,781
HTFF is on a distinguished road
They are too incompetent to pull off something like that they once painted the pit and misspelled their graffiti
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-04-17, 10:09 AM
epanther epanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-03-03
Location: Cincy
Posts: 818
epanther is on a distinguished road
If I'm not mistaken the delasalle statue is around the back of lasalle now because it was painted purple by elder kids. Kids do stupid stuff. It really should have been put inside after it was painted the first time. Asking why oh kids did it is kinda asking why people steal. It's wrong but people do it so you lock your doors.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-04-17, 05:05 PM
jtk jtk is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: BC>NVA>SLIDE
Posts: 6,538
jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Elder kids were painting on oak hills campus this week also.

jtk
()
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-04-17, 06:00 PM
Vincent and Regina Vincent and Regina is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-13-08
Posts: 2,008
Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
Elder kids were painting on oak hills campus this week also.

jtk
()
Proof?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-04-17, 08:17 PM
PantherVOR's Avatar
PantherVOR PantherVOR is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-03
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,149
PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
Elder kids were painting on oak hills campus this week also.

jtk
()
Oh yeah I heard about that. It was part of their mission outreach program to help less fortunate schools in the Greater Cincinnati area. I hope you like your freshly painted classrooms.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-05-17, 07:25 AM
jtk jtk is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: BC>NVA>SLIDE
Posts: 6,538
jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
Proof?
the person who watched them, got out of his truck to chase them, and the kid who was painting the bell lost his sperry's running away.

why do i need proof anyways? both schools do it......i personally wish they would paint something else, other than the panther that they keep painting.

same swan song from some of you.........piss and moan about OH, but both schools do the same thing, and all schools in the area do the same thing.

jtk
()
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-05-17, 07:44 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,072
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
the person who watched them, got out of his truck to chase them, and the kid who was painting the bell lost his sperry's running away.

why do i need proof anyways? both schools do it......i personally wish they would paint something else, other than the panther that they keep painting.

same swan song from some of you.........piss and moan about OH, but both schools do the same thing, and all schools in the area do the same thing.

jtk
()
That's why they can't keep playing each other, the students can't control themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-05-17, 07:46 AM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,349
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
the person who watched them, got out of his truck to chase them, and the kid who was painting the bell lost his sperry's running away.
I've always wondered this, but what's the point of that bell anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-05-17, 09:16 AM
jtk jtk is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: BC>NVA>SLIDE
Posts: 6,538
jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
not sure the point of the bell. it wasn't there when i was in high school.

jtk
()
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-05-17, 09:50 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,072
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, how about teaching the Student Section the fundamentals of football? Like, not cheering when the other team picks up 8 yards on 1st and goal or making a 3 yard catch isn't a big deal. Seemed like 1/2 the OH students had never seen a game of football in their life.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-05-17, 11:00 AM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,398
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Also, how about teaching the Student Section the fundamentals of football? Like, not cheering when the other team picks up 8 yards on 1st and goal or making a 3 yard catch isn't a big deal. Seemed like 1/2 the OH students had never seen a game of football in their life.
Funny you say that...it was very bizarre.

They'd pick up a first down, down 35-0, and cheer like they just won the Super Bowl. I attributed it to a bunch of teenage girls who likely had no clue what was going on...but it was very strange.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division I Schedules EagleFan Archives 66 10-25-17 11:29 AM
Oak Hills Coach keepitpositive Girls Basketball 23 07-04-17 10:22 PM
Reds Prospect Oak Hills Grad With New Role Junior Swingman Baseball 0 05-03-17 06:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz