Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-15-17, 09:16 PM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 4
Lakota West (1-3) def. Oak Hills (0-4), 31-24
Oak Hills (0-4) lost to Lakota West (1-3), 31-24
Gahanna Lincoln (3-1) def. New Albany (1-3), 40-20
Lakewood St. Edward (3-0) hosts Elder (3-0) at Bedford H.S. Sat
Cleveland St. Ignatius (4-0) def. Detroit Catholic Central (2-2), 38-7
St. Xavier (4-0) def. Indianapolis Cathedral (1-4), 31-7
Moeller (3-1) def. Lafayette (KY) (1-4), 55-6
Winton Woods (3-0) hosts Royal Imperial Collegiate (ON) (0-3) Sat
International School of Broward (1-1) visits Brentwood (TN) (4-0) Canceled 9/13
LaSalle (4-0) def. Scott County (KY) (3-2), 28-14
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-16-17, 02:15 AM
ElderHSfan02 ElderHSfan02 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-31-02
Posts: 1,605
ElderHSfan02
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
Another canceled game for Broward? I assume this was because of Hurricane Irma. I hope our game with Broward is not in jeopardy.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-16-17, 07:44 AM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
Another canceled game for Broward? I assume this was because of Hurricane Irma. I hope our game with Broward is not in jeopardy.
I think you're right about the cause being Irma, as neither ISB's website nor its football twitter account contains anything about the balance of its season being in jeopardy. So as of right now I guess they'll be coming in week 9.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-16-17, 08:35 PM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 4 - Sat
Lakewood St. Edward (4-0) def. Elder (3-1), 40-7
Winton Woods (4-0) def. Royal Imperial Collegiate (ON) (0-4), 45-0
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-17-17, 03:16 PM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 5
Lakota West (1-3) visits Mason (3-1)
Oak Hills (0-4) visits Lakota East (3-1)
Gahanna Lincoln (3-1) visits Dublin Coffman (3-1)
Lakewood St. Edward (4-0) hosts Buchtel (2-2) Sat
Cleveland St. Ignatius (4-0) visits Elder (3-1) Sat
St. Xavier (4-0) visits Moeller (3-1)
Moeller (3-1) hosts St. Xavier (4-0)
Winton Woods (4-0) visits LaSalle (4-0)
International School of Broward (1-1) visits Grayson (GA) (3-0)
LaSalle (4-0) hosts Winton Woods (4-0)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-20-17, 02:04 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
Week 5
Lakota West (1-3) visits Mason (3-1)
Oak Hills (0-4) visits Lakota East (3-1)
Gahanna Lincoln (3-1) visits Dublin Coffman (3-1)
Lakewood St. Edward (4-0) hosts Buchtel (2-2) Sat
Cleveland St. Ignatius (4-0) visits Elder (3-1) Sat
St. Xavier (4-0) visits Moeller (3-1)
Moeller (3-1) hosts St. Xavier (4-0)
Winton Woods (4-0) visits LaSalle (4-0)
International School of Broward (1-1) visits Grayson (GA) (3-0)
LaSalle (4-0) hosts Winton Woods (4-0)
Really interested in:

1) X v Moe-
2) LS v WW
3) Lincoln v Coffman

Really hope Lincoln can get a win and make that road win look better. Indifferent on the outcome of the other 2.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-20-17, 02:22 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,767
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
For Harbins sake, I hope Moe and WW win. Elder gets Moe at home so that would be one more L2 game should they be the Crusaders. And I think Elder fairs better against WW than they do LS at LS in week 10.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-20-17, 02:52 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
For Harbins sake, I hope Moe and WW win. Elder gets Moe at home so that would be one more L2 game should they be the Crusaders. And I think Elder fairs better against WW than they do LS at LS in week 10.
Not even thinking that far ahead. Just interested to see how each fair v quality opponents. LS and X have a big win over Colerain, but the rest of the schedule hasn't been much of a challenge, outside Scott County for LS. Moe is in the same boat, though they should've beaten a Nationally ranked Trinity. WW has the more impressive overall body of work, with 2 wins over Northmont and Springboro- both playoff teams.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-20-17, 03:35 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,767
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Springboro just lost to Fairmont and is sitting 2-2 a week into conference play, not so sure they're a playoff team this season. Northmont on the other hand looks to be solid. Really the big 3 in the GWOC all look solid Centerville, Wayne and Northmont. Will be interesting to see which 8 can get in the R3 bracket. Definitely think R3 will have a deeper 8 this year than R4 for the first time maybe ever?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-20-17, 06:24 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Springboro just lost to Fairmont and is sitting 2-2 a week into conference play, not so sure they're a playoff team this season. Northmont on the other hand looks to be solid. Really the big 3 in the GWOC all look solid Centerville, Wayne and Northmont. Will be interesting to see which 8 can get in the R3 bracket. Definitely think R3 will have a deeper 8 this year than R4 for the first time maybe ever?
For some reason I thought they were 3-1, with a win over Mason. I got that backwards. Pick Central was supposed to be the top dog, and they still might be, but they lost to Trotwood Madison.

I can't help but wonder if Pace lines up at RB full time, if Colerain beats X and LS. He shredded a very good Sycamore Defense.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-20-17, 06:28 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,067
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
For some reason I thought they were 3-1, with a win over Mason. I got that backwards. Pick Central was supposed to be the top dog, and they still might be, but they lost to Trotwood Madison.

I can't help but wonder if Pace lines up at RB full time, if Colerain beats X and LS. He shredded a very good Sycamore Defense.
LS had little trouble stopping Pace Week 1. He got his fair share of carries.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-20-17, 06:36 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
LS had little trouble stopping Pace Week 1. He got his fair share of carries.
GCL sports has him at 8 carries for 41 yards, that's a pretty good avg.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-20-17, 06:42 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,067
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
GCL sports has him at 8 carries for 41 yards, that's a pretty good avg.
It is. He had one pretty good run as I recall, but was pretty much contained the rest of the time. I don't think giving him more carries that night would have done much.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-20-17, 06:50 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
It is. He had one pretty good run as I recall, but was pretty much contained the rest of the time. I don't think giving him more carries that night would have done much.
That's fair, you were there, I wasn't. Either way, the transition easily makes Colerain the best team in the GMC.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-22-17, 07:32 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
X dominating Moe, 23-7 at half. LS up 7-5 over WW in 3Q.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-22-17, 08:04 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,767
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
X dominating Moe, 23-7 at half. LS up 7-5 over WW in 3Q.
McBride injured his ankle late 2nd Qtr and Dyer from WCPO just tweeted he's on crutches, regardless I didn't see Moe coming back from that anyways. Should have been worse as X turned it over inside the 15 mid 2nd Qtr.

The LS-WW game has been as entertaining a 7-5 game can be. WW should be up 10-7 or 14-7 though. Fumble inside the 5 yard line which did result in a block punt for a safety (but safety should have been a TD, two Warrior players fought over the ball 8 yards deep and they both dropped it as it rolled out the back of the endzone). Also had a FG blocked from the 5-yard line on 4th and 1, which would ave given them an 8-7 lead. Very impressed with both defenses, but LaSalle's offense is pretty vanilla. Run right, run left, Fade to #81 off play-action are half their plays.

As I typed that, WW scores to go up 11-7, timeout WW deciding whether to go for the xp or 2.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-22-17, 08:30 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
McBride injured his ankle late 2nd Qtr and Dyer from WCPO just tweeted he's on crutches, regardless I didn't see Moe coming back from that anyways. Should have been worse as X turned it over inside the 15 mid 2nd Qtr.

The LS-WW game has been as entertaining a 7-5 game can be. WW should be up 10-7 or 14-7 though. Fumble inside the 5 yard line which did result in a block punt for a safety (but safety should have been a TD, two Warrior players fought over the ball 8 yards deep and they both dropped it as it rolled out the back of the endzone). Also had a FG blocked from the 5-yard line on 4th and 1, which would ave given them an 8-7 lead. Very impressed with both defenses, but LaSalle's offense is pretty vanilla. Run right, run left, Fade to #81 off play-action are half their plays.

As I typed that, WW scores to go up 11-7, timeout WW deciding whether to go for the xp or 2.
These athletic Defenses are all the more reason to switch to Bittner.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-22-17, 08:49 PM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 5
Lakota West (1-4) lost to Mason (4-1), 31-0
Oak Hills (0-5) lost to Lakota East (4-1), 42-28
Gahanna Lincoln (4-1) def. Dublin Coffman (3-2), 34-32
Lakewood St. Edward (4-0) hosts Buchtel (2-2) Sat 1:00 p.m.
Cleveland St. Ignatius (4-0) visits Elder (3-1) Sat 2:00 p.m.
St. Xavier (5-0) def. Moeller (3-2), 30-7
Moeller (3-2) lost to St. Xavier (5-0), 30-7
Winton Woods (5-0) def. LaSalle (4-1), 18-15
International School of Broward (1-2) lost to Grayson (GA) (4-0), 74-0
LaSalle (4-1) lost to Winton Woods (5-0), 18-15

Last edited by Pantherontheporch; 09-22-17 at 09:26 PM. Reason: ISB final
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-22-17, 08:51 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
Week 5
Lakota West (1-4) lost to Mason (4-1), 31-0
Oak Hills (0-5) lost to Lakota East (4-1), 42-28
Gahanna Lincoln (4-1) def. Dublin Coffman (3-2), 34-32
Lakewood St. Edward (4-0) hosts Buchtel (2-2) Sat
Cleveland St. Ignatius (4-0) visits Elder (3-1) Sat
St. Xavier (5-0) def. Moeller (3-2), 30-7
Moeller (3-2) lost to St. Xavier (5-0), 30-7
Winton Woods (5-0) def. LaSalle (4-1), 18-15
International School of Broward (1-1) visits Grayson (GA) (3-0)
LaSalle (4-1) lost to Winton Woods (5-0), 18-15
Lincoln with a big win, good news for Elder.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-22-17, 08:53 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,767
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
These athletic Defenses are all the more reason to switch to Bittner.
LS-WW game reminded me a lot of the Elder-WW game last season. Can't help but think LaSalle would have had more success if they opened it up with Merrit at Qb. Very predictable playcalling and sort of played as though WW would lose the game so they didn't need to win it.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-22-17, 10:12 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,415
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
What are the chances Elder gets in at 5-5? They have to beat a team they're not supposed to have a shot, I'm guessing. Have to beat Iggy, X, or WW, or maybe 2 of those, which will be tough.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-23-17, 03:05 AM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,114
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Got put on probation for my BC comments, all I can say, not sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-23-17, 08:11 PM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 5 - Sat
Lakewood St. Edward (5-0) def. Buchtel (2-3), 36-0
Cleveland St. Ignatius (5-0) def. Elder (3-2), 30-28
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-24-17, 02:15 PM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 6
Lakota West (1-4) hosts Lakota East (4-1)
Oak Hills (0-5) hosts Princeton (1-4)
Gahanna Lincoln (4-1) hosts Pickerington Central (4-1)
Lakewood St. Edward (5-0) visits Naperville Central (IL) (5-0) Sat 1:00 p.m. CDT
Cleveland St. Ignatius (5-0) hosts Football North (via Clarkson Secondary School) (2-3) Sat 7:00 p.m.
St. Xavier (5-0) hosts Elder (3-2)
Moeller (3-2) hosts LaSalle (4-1)
Winton Woods (5-0) visits Indy Bishop Chatard (3-3)
International School of Broward (1-2) visits Cocoa (3-0)
LaSalle (4-1) visits Moeller (3-2)

Joe Eitel has the Elder in seventh place in R4 (7.0500), behind Mason (4-1, 7.6000) and ahead of Colerain (3-2, 7.000). Hopefully the Panthers can get help again this week from GL and start getting some help from OH.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-25-17, 12:40 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,767
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
-West always plays East tough, so maybe they can spring an upset.
-Oak Hills is playing at home against Hamilton and they've played better at home than on the road
-Gahanna has another tough game with Pick Central this week

Of the teams that are 3-2 only Moeller and Fairfield are in front of Elder. The GMC is going to cancel each other out so Fairfield's only shot of getting big points would be to beat one of Mason, Colerain or Sycamore. Moeller's final 5 games are close to the stretch Elder is currently in, with the final 4 games all on the road.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-25-17, 01:09 PM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
-Oak Hills is playing at home against Hamilton and they've played better at home than on the road
I think you mean Princeton, OH lost at Hamilton in week 3, 41-21.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-25-17, 01:44 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,767
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
I think you mean Princeton, OH lost at Hamilton in week 3, 41-21.
Good catch. Hamilton is at Middletown this week.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-29-17, 07:19 AM
Pantherontheporch Pantherontheporch is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-06
Location: My front porch
Posts: 1,745
Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
I read in the local fishwrap that Pick Central has had Gahanna Lincoln's number for a while: they have beaten the Lions 14 straight since 2001, including three playoff games. Sure hope the Lions are bad hosts and end that streak tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-29-17, 07:39 AM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,767
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Not an Elder opponent, but somewhat surprising final from last night in R4: Fairfield 21 Sycamore 7. Game was at Sycamore as well. FF was staring at a 6-4 or 5-5 season if they didn't beat Sycamore as they still have Colerian and Mason to play, but this likely puts them in the playoffs. Sycamore likely also will finish 8-2, which will have them in.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-29-17, 08:44 AM
Jerry Maguire Jerry Maguire is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-06
Location: Texas Forever
Posts: 1,787
Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
So if FF finishes 7-3, Sycamore finishes 8-2, and Colerain finishes 8-2, all 3 will be in the playoffs? That would suck.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kettering Fairmont D-1 District Rankings (Off-Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 21 08-24-17 02:25 AM
Common Opponents. Vincent and Regina Elder Panthers 3 08-21-17 09:08 AM
Kettering Fairmont D-1 District Rankings (Off-Season #2) McClearn7 Wrestling 16 07-22-17 07:41 PM
New Elder AD - Kevin Espelage CincyHSfootball Elder Panthers 44 07-18-17 09:00 PM
Elder Summer Wrestling Camp JasonRoush Wrestling 4 06-04-17 08:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz