Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-18-17, 03:40 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
The talent (not students) near William, Resurrection, Holy Family, Teresa, Lawrence, needs to be organized.
Yes it does... That's why they need a Panthers Middle School team.
Old 08-18-17, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
This makes sense...and I agree with most of it (you will never convince me that the rest of the team is so bad that they are forced to start 8 kids both ways - I don't buy it).
I never said the rest of the team is so bad they are forced to start 8 kids both ways.

These kids were not starters as 7th graders and now its their chance to play more as 8th graders.
Old 08-18-17, 03:46 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
As far as I know 5+ years ago Elder had NO youth basketball program and 10+ years ago, Elder had no youth baseball program so they have informally gotten more into this area.

It takes more people willing to step up and run these teams. If only the Visi parents are willing to step up, you are likely to have a Visi slant on it. If they hand-pick the dominant 5th graders, who is willing to find the next best and run that team? Elder does not have those resources, especially given the limited time/salary involved. ALso, not sure if the OHSAA would view it negatively.

All goes back to my other point, these other schools need to have more people willing to invest the time to run these type of programs. The talent (not students) near William, Resurrection, Holy Family, Teresa, Lawrence, needs to be organized.
Again, it hits my point about Elder.

If they are serious of getting better at athletics, and they aren't willing to play the recruiting game, then ELDER has to make the choice to make this investment in developing their own.

And there are PLENTY of people that would work with Elder to expand on their development of grade school talent. It's not slanted towards Visitation because Visitation is the only parish that will step up. That's BS. They are hand-picked because of relationships.

It's in Elder's hands...if they want to get better, then prove it. It's not up to the grade schools to make Elder better...it's up to Elder.
Old 08-18-17, 03:49 PM
All American

Quote:
I never said the rest of the team is so bad they are forced to start 8 kids both ways.

These kids were not starters as 7th graders and now its their chance to play more as 8th graders.
Out of the 7-8 studs that are now 8th graders, all of them played significant minutes as 7th graders, and some of them started.
Old 08-18-17, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Out of the 7-8 studs that are now 8th graders, all of them played significant minutes as 7th graders, and some of them started.
Yes, the math says 3 or 4 of them started.
Old 08-28-17, 04:54 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
Just my opinion. Johnson will be a corner or safety at the varsity level.....He was held back a year before starting school. His brothers are short also. Connor Johnson, his brother on varsity, was playing corner before blowing out his ACL this year. Both parents are also short, so I think that transition will start next year or the year after.
If this is the case, there isn't a kid that can develop and take his spot?

Why would anyone assume the spot on varsity is his, especially if he's done growing?

This approach drives me bonkers.
Old 08-29-17, 05:29 AM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If this is the case, there isn't a kid that can develop and take his spot?

Why would anyone assume the spot on varsity is his, especially if he's done growing?

This approach drives me bonkers.
You assume too much. I never said anything about him starting. My opinion was he would likely have to switch positions to safety or corner because of his size. Nothing more or less. You know what they say about assuming?
Old 08-29-17, 06:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
You assume too much. I never said anything about him starting. My opinion was he would likely have to switch positions to safety or corner because of his size. Nothing more or less. You know what they say about assuming?
He is a total idiot. Apparently, fans speculating on a particular player's trajectory is fact?

Last edited by Descartes; 08-29-17 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-29-17, 07:45 AM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
If he had seen the kid play, he wouldn't make such an asinine comment. Johnson belongs on the field somewhere. He's tough and one of the most aggressive kids out there. Runs like Mazza......with no regard for his body and almost looks like he seeks out contact.
Old 08-29-17, 08:15 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
He is a total idiot. Apparently, fans speculating on a particular player's trajectory is fact?
Yeah, he's that small, aggressive, tough kid where Elder can say the compete with less with. I've never seen THAT kid play at Elder (sarcasm). But he's "our kind of kid".

You know, the type you always say you're sick of seeing, and that the Elder admin should stop hanging their hats on "we compete with the right kids" mantra. We compete with less.

You are a walking contradiction.
Old 08-29-17, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
If he had seen the kid play, he wouldn't make such an asinine comment. Johnson belongs on the field somewhere. He's tough and one of the most aggressive kids out there. Runs like Mazza......with no regard for his body and almost looks like he seeks out contact.
It's pointless arguing with him. He's got his head so far up his azz, I have no idea how he can even see the keys to type. Use the Ignore feature, it'll make things much better.
Old 08-29-17, 11:54 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
Well, the point wasn't him being on the field. The point was that he's pretty much projected to varsity based on one game his freshman year. A point me, and another, pointed out.

Comprehend.
Old 08-29-17, 12:01 PM
All Yappi

Again, the ignore feature is fantastic. Don't ignore Trey bc he has dissenting view points or criticisms, ignore him bc he only hears what he wants to hear. None of his arguments are based on facts, it's all opinion driven to fit a specific narrative.

Anything negative said about the program is taken as gospel, anything positive is homerism. He's going to continue to beat that idea into the ground, and he's just not worth the effort.
Old 08-29-17, 12:23 PM
All American

Plenty of people, as I've pointed out before, have backed my stances. People continue to ignore and/or deny that. Whatever. I could go back a year and re-post things like "you may hate the guy, but alot of what he says is true" or "I've talked to guys who have played that have validated much of what he says" or many things very similar.

I also don't make stuff up. I post what I've seen or what I've heard. But whatever, feel free to ignore me. It doesn't bother me...my guess is that no one does because deep down they know there's alot of truth to what I post. Also, I'm pretty sure no one cares enough to anyway.

It's much easier just to sweep the cobwebs under the rug and go 6-4/12-8 every year.
Old 08-30-17, 09:22 PM
All Yappi

DOWNTOWN PANTHER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Plenty of people, as I've pointed out before, have backed my stances. People continue to ignore and/or deny that. Whatever. I could go back a year and re-post things like "you may hate the guy, but alot of what he says is true" or "I've talked to guys who have played that have validated much of what he says" or many things very similar.

I also don't make stuff up. I post what I've seen or what I've heard. But whatever, feel free to ignore me. It doesn't bother me...my guess is that no one does because deep down they know there's alot of truth to what I post. Also, I'm pretty sure no one cares enough to anyway.

It's much easier just to sweep the cobwebs under the rug and go 6-4/12-8 every year.
Win or lose I enjoy going . More fun to win , but at this point of my life the games are more of a side note. Attending with my kids and sharing their experience is what I look forward to.

I don't think your wrong, but I choose to follow Elder for different reasons than you appear to. For me I figure they will win again . They always have . I figure they have a good coach who knows how to win and he is doing the best he can. That is enough for me .

John '98
Old 08-30-17, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN PANTHER View Post
Win or lose I enjoy going . More fun to win , but at this point of my life the games are more of a side note. Attending with my kids and sharing their experience is what I look forward to.

I don't think your wrong, but I choose to follow Elder for different reasons than you appear to. For me I figure they will win again . They always have . I figure they have a good coach who knows how to win and he is doing the best he can. That is enough for me .

John '98
First, Trey is a dip and he is wrong, don't listen to him. He takes most of his information from the butthurt parents on here. He's literally accused the Elder staff of sabatoging a kid's development so players with the "right name" will look better in comparison. Any legit arguments he's posted have been things that I've said for years.

Second, your post makes me want to vomit. This past decade you've become soft. Either get your manhood back or follow soccer if you have that kind of pvssssified attitude. Winning is what matters, it's what makes tradition worthwhile. The Pit is only a stadium, it doesn't have any mystique if Elder isn't winning. They can get back to winning, but they need to get focused on putting their best athletes at LB and DB. The games much faster and spread out than it was 15-20 yrs ago. Speed rules.

Last edited by Descartes; 08-30-17 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-31-17, 06:25 AM
All American

Quote:

John '98
I'm kind of in the same boat. When I go to games, and they lose, I've forgotten about it before I even hit the exit, and it's a distant memory as I drink my first post-game beer. I'll always be a fan.

I'm just pointing out things I think impact the current slump, and what could potentially be done to make it better. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't live and die with this stuff, I just find the current shift in performance, and the reasons why, kind of intriguing. It's kind of an interesting sociology experiment.

Last edited by trey2k; 08-31-17 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-31-17, 08:39 AM
All Ohio

epanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:

John '98
Old 08-31-17, 10:05 AM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
what about tasty brats?
Old 09-11-17, 09:53 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jteegardner View Post
Ever heard of Drew Metz? He did it often, even brought down the infamous Maurice Clarett in the open field one on one. Were you there to see that? I was.
Fantastic...what does your response have anything to do with what I posted?

If Drew Metz is posting, I will listen to him. But I'm pretty sure he's not.

Are you out there Drew...talk some sense into 98% of these people.
Old 09-11-17, 09:54 AM
All World

Jteegardner
Quote:
Fantastic...what does your response have anything to do with what I posted?

If Drew Metz is posting, I will liksten to him. But I'm pretty sure he's not.
you asked of a speedy D-1 recruit can be tackled. I responded.
Old 09-11-17, 09:55 AM
All American

Quote:
you asked of a speedy D-1 recruit can be tackled. I responded.
No, I didn't...comprehend.
Old 09-11-17, 10:22 AM
All World

Jteegardner
Quote:
No, I didn't...comprehend.
I am done with you and this board. I will continue to read but my posting days are over (will still participate in FB picks on the main board). I get tired on the bit@h session and the bickering. There is minimal discussion that is valuable and productive. I get tired of hearing how bad the team and school is. They are teenage boys who give it their all and leave nothing behind. I will root for them win, lose or draw. Go Panthers!
Old 09-11-17, 10:32 AM
All American

Quote:
I am done with you and this board. I will continue to read but my posting days are over (will still participate in FB picks on the main board). I get tired on the bit@h session and the bickering. There is minimal discussion that is valuable and productive. I get tired of hearing how bad the team and school is. They are teenage boys who give it their all and leave nothing behind. I will root for them win, lose or draw. Go Panthers!
Um...don't put this on me.

I didn't b*tch or complain one time. I just posted my thoughts. Everyone else responded to my posts.

It's not my fault people can't read my posts without having an emotional breakdown. That's on them. I didn't post anything that was a complaint, a personal attack, or anything above that you attributed to me. That was your reaction to my perfectly sane and rational post.

I'm sick of everyone telling me I lure up all of this negativity. I post reality in a pretty unemotional and matter of fact manner. Get over it.
Old 09-11-17, 10:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Ever heard of Drew Metz? He did it often, even brought down the infamous Maurice Clarett in the open field one on one. Were you there to see that? I was.
Apparently neither of us were there to see it. LOL

You make a post about something that didn't happen...and I get yelled at for it.

WTF??????????
Old 09-11-17, 10:41 AM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's why I don't even bother responding, or even post much anymore.
Old 09-11-17, 10:45 AM
All American

And once again...please go back through any thread in the last month where I blatantly came on here to rile sh*t up?

I responded to a post. And then people reacted to me.

I could see if I'm doing nothing but responding to everything and acting like a jack*. That's not what I'm doing. I'm giving my opinion in a completely rational way. You may disagree with my contention that Elder lacks the athletes to compete at the highest level like they used...or refuse to admit it...but it's certainly an opinion that has merit and isn't me simply me starting crap.

What I posted about their next 6-7 games was not controversial AT ALL. And I'm getting blasted for it.

It's ridiculous. Grow up.
Old 09-11-17, 10:54 AM
All American

If you're going to delete my post, you might also want to think about deleting the post that 100% wrong.

But once again...backwards.
Old 09-11-17, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
It has very little to do with your opinion on things, though we already have one negative Nancy, no need for a 2nd. Most people have a problem with your pretentious attitude and how you respond, not the actual content.
Old 09-11-17, 11:39 AM
All American

That's fine...but don't say you're quitting the board, or that I ruin the board because of it. That's some petty, wife-like garbage.

My commentary has been, and will continue to be...accurate. Some people are going to have to get over the fact that Elder isn't all roses and petunias all the time. Sometimes, the bad things are indeed bad. And change can correct them.

And FYI asdelder09, I like your content, but your constant need to play peacemaker and Switerzerland really annoys me to the point where I want to quit coming here. Now while the Switerzerland comment is very true, I would never stop reading your stuff or posting because you post that way. You know why...because that's absurd, like most people here.