Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-11-17, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I very much agree with this. Consistently moving most of the talent to offense has likely caused this.

But I agree wholeheartedly that if you had to pinpoint one consistent area of need, it's the defensive secondary.
That's why I hope they put the Victory/Lawrence kid at LB or S. LS put the Lourdes kid at Corner, think he's starting on Varsity... Which was promised to him
Old 08-11-17, 01:07 PM
Junior Varsity

Westsidepublic is on a distinguished road
You boys keep worrying about Lasalle stealing your Athletes and I'll wait and see which Visi kid goes to X and who goes with him. Hope they all read this and see what you think of them.
Old 08-11-17, 01:12 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidepublic View Post
You boys keep worrying about Lasalle stealing your Athletes and I'll wait and see which Visi kid goes to X and who goes with him. Hope they all read this and see what you think of them.
LOL...if you make your high school decision based on yappi.com, you got bigger issues.
Old 08-11-17, 01:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You must not have read where I said the feeders are the foundation. That's why I do not believe Elder is too far off from competing at a high level. Just a few athletes would make a huge impact. It's just a fact the best players on the Club team are better than the best players for ANY GCYL school, not just Visi.
Old 08-11-17, 01:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
It's just a fact the best players on the Club team are better than the best players for ANY GCYL school, not just Visi.
A fact?

I don't know about that...there's some good players in the GCYL.

I agree with the premise that the feeders need a supplement of talent from elsewhere.
Old 08-11-17, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
A fact?

I don't know about that...there's some good players in the GCYL.

I agree with the premise that the feeders need a supplement of talent from elsewhere.
The best club players are better than the best players on any individual team, not necessarily the entire league.
Old 08-11-17, 02:04 PM
Junior Varsity

And it's not about making a highschool decision based on Yappi comments, Elder's advantage over X is that it is a brotherhood or family, obviously it is just my opinion but if you can't keep the core and suppliment you will never be successful. As an X fan we will be happy to take the feeder kids that don't feel part of that brotherhood and use them to supplement.
Old 08-11-17, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And it's not about making a highschool decision based on Yappi comments, Elder's advantage over X is that it is a brotherhood or family, obviously it is just my opinion but if you can't keep the core and suppliment you will never be successful. As an X fan we will be happy to take the feeder kids that don't feel part of that brotherhood and use them to supplement.
Good thing nobody gives a f*** what you think. That brotherhood alone isn't good enough to compete in football. The core will always be the feeder, but they need help in the back 7. I know you expect Elder fans to carry around your piss bucket, but those with a spine, do not want to be X's b1tch.
Old 08-11-17, 02:24 PM
All American

Kids nowadays, because of AAU and select sports, are already creating friendships with kids way outside what they normally were accustomed to. This "brotherhood" idea where the westside kids all band together really doesn't ring true anymore. They're been playing with and associating with St X, Moeller, LaSalle and public school kids since 4th grade.

Westside kids automatically attending Elder isn't a given anymore.
Old 08-11-17, 02:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Wow, thanls for your thoughtful comments and just keep being the person you are. Good luck to you and all the Panther fans, I will always root for Elder except 1 game a year.
Old 08-11-17, 03:01 PM
All American

Visitation_Football
Quote:
If some of them go to X they'll likely just be another in a long line of recent talented Visi kids who end up riding the bench there behind said kid from Mason, Montgomery or West Chester. I can only think of one in recent years who did anything in HS.
Old 08-11-17, 03:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitation_Football View Post
If some of them go to X they'll likely just be another in a long line of recent talented Visi kids who end up riding the bench there behind said kid from Mason, Montgomery or West Chester. I can only think of one in recent years who did anything in HS.
Are you insinuating they weren't as good as advertised, or more political issues?
Old 08-11-17, 03:23 PM
Junior Varsity

We will be happy to take any more Quinn Early's coming out of Visi, and he has a state championship ring to boot.
Old 08-11-17, 03:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
We will be happy to take any more Quinn Early's coming out of Visi, and he has a state championship ring to boot.
They would've still won without him. You realize your Eastside X buddies laugh behind your back.
Old 08-11-17, 04:04 PM
Junior Varsity

So what your saying is that X was unbelievable lucky to win, but the starting Tailback made no difference. And my buddies are laughing at me
Old 08-11-17, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So what your saying is that X was unbelievable lucky to win, but the starting Tailback made no difference. And my buddies are laughing at me
Yes on all 3 accounts.
Old 08-12-17, 03:27 PM
Freshman

Elder/Bucksfan is on a distinguished road
I know it was a vary loose scrimmage and its very early but that was just a bad display of football today. Still not convinced how good Visi is or is the league just that bad! Also seems like Visi coaches have sold out to winning at all cost and not developing players! Just suprized with the amount of players they have that are playing both ways with the numbers they have! The new player is definitely the best athlete on the team and could possibly be one of the if not the best Athletes in the league. He is the kind of kid Elder needs to have in the future. Just wish they would play some programs with more athletic kids like him. Then we would definitely be able to tell how good they are! It would only benefit the players and Elder down the road!
Old 08-12-17, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder/Bucksfan View Post
I know it was a vary loose scrimmage and its very early but that was just a bad display of football today. Still not convinced how good Visi is or is the league just that bad! Also seems like Visi coaches have sold out to winning at all cost and not developing players! Just suprized with the amount of players they have that are playing both ways with the numbers they have! The new player is definitely the best athlete on the team and could possibly be one of the if not the best Athletes in the league. He is the kind of kid Elder needs to have in the future. Just wish they would play some programs with more athletic kids like him. Then we would definitely be able to tell how good they are! It would only benefit the players and Elder down the road!
Who did they scrimmage?
Old 08-12-17, 03:54 PM
Freshman

Victory /Lordes!
Old 08-12-17, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Victory /Lordes!
Wait, so did Victory, William, and Lourdes combine?
Old 08-12-17, 04:20 PM
Freshman

cdaven1994 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wait, so did Victory, William, and Lourdes combine?
Victory has combined with Williams, Lawrence and Holy Family I believe. Might be missing another school. I don't think OLL has combined with anyone.

Visi may have some kids playing both ways, but there was a lot of substituting today, and the Visi 7th and 8th graders were split into 2 separate teams and scrimmaged OLL and Victory separately.
Old 08-12-17, 04:40 PM
Freshman

Visi 8th grade plays about 7 to 8 guys both ways! There are around 44 boys on the team. Thats not development! That's wanting to win and then if we get up big we will put others in. They need to trust there coaching ability and develop players for the future! Remember!!!! Win a Junior high Championship no one remembers or win a High school State Championship everybody remembers!!!!!
Old 08-12-17, 05:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Visi 8th grade plays about 7 to 8 guys both ways! There are around 44 boys on the team. Thats not development! That's wanting to win and then if we get up big we will put others in. They need to trust there coaching ability and develop players for the future! Remember!!!! Win a Junior high Championship no one remembers or win a High school State Championship everybody remembers!!!!!
They are the next class of chosen ones. They've been crowned since 4th grade. When you have a class of chosen ones, no one else matters. All eyes on them. Forget the development of the other 90%, we have chosen ones.

Elder High School, with it's strong Visitation connections, will also treat them as chosen ones. And everyone else will be left in the dust. By the time they are 16, and everyone realizes that their year and half head start over everyone else has caught up, everyone will wonder what happened...and the other 90% will have been ignored, and the Panthers will be near .500 again, in multiple sports.

Open your eyes people. It's been going on for years.
Old 08-12-17, 05:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
They are the next class of chosen ones. They've been crowned since 4th grade. When you have a class of chosen ones, no one else matters. All eyes on them. Forget the development of the other 90%, we have chosen ones.

Elder High School, with it's strong Visitation connections, will also treat them as chosen ones. And everyone else will be left in the dust. By the time they are 16, and everyone realizes that their year and half head start over everyone else has caught up, everyone will wonder what happened...and the other 90% will have been ignored, and the Panthers will be near .500 again, in multiple sports.

Open your eyes people. It's been going on for years.
You're dumb af. It's literally Visitation kids he's claiming aren't being developed. And please, tell me which kids on this current team should be playing that were displaced for a Visi kid. You seem unable to comprehend that the biggest feeder would have the most kids playing. Again, you're just a huge vagina.
Old 08-12-17, 05:53 PM
All American

Quote:
And please, tell me which kids on this current team should be playing that were displaced for a Visi kid. .
For one, we would never know because everyone else was given up on since about 7th grade. When you have chosen ones, no one else matters. No one else has had the chance to develop. That's the whole point, pboy.

And at this point, it's too late. They're already the chosen ones at Elder too. Charles Woodson could walk through the door and not replace anyone of the favorites.

And PS, I think Masminster is their best back. Some parents might throw a fit (again) if that happens...can't have that.
Old 08-12-17, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

If the OLV kid or any of the Antoninous kids get passed over then we can talk. Until then, you're just being a b1tch. The issue isn't feeder kids getting passed over for Visi kids, it's the overall feeder talent isn't enough and they need more outside talent. There's literally not one kid from a feeder school on the bench or not playing that would make a difference.
Old 08-12-17, 06:00 PM
All American

Quote:
If the OLV kid or any of the Antoninous kids get passed over then we can talk. Until then, you're just being a b1tch. The issue isn't feeder kids getting passed over for Visi kids, it's the overall feeder talent isn't enough and they need more outside talent. There's literally not one kid from a feeder school on the bench or not playing that would make a difference.
I agree they need more of a supplement of talent.

Where we don't see eye to eye is the way they focus on certain kids very early in the process (grade school), and ride those kids til the end. It completely eliminates any development opportunities for the lesser known kids trying to win spots. It becomes almost impossible for them to compete for positions.

That's my gripe...always has been. I'm not a fan of the crowning of these kids so damn early. I think it hurts other kids development exponentially.
Old 08-12-17, 06:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
For one, we would never know because everyone else was given up on since about 7th grade. When you have chosen ones, no one else matters. No one else has had the chance to develop. That's the whole point, pboy.

And at this point, it's too late. They're already the chosen ones at Elder too. Charles Woodson could walk through the door and not replace anyone of the favorites.

And PS, I think Masminster is their best back.
There's so much wrong with this argument:

1. If any Visi parents can name kids that have quit in the 7th grade that would've made an impact, let us know

2. If those kids quit after being discouraged, they don't have the mental strength to be successful at the HS level

3. I guarantee you, the OLV will start over any Visi kid at a skill position or at LB/DB

You just like to b1tch bc you've befriended the butthurt parents on this board. Again, Elder needs less feeder kids and more non feeders.
Old 08-12-17, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree they need more of a supplement of talent.

Where we don't see eye to eye is the way they focus on certain kids very early in the process (grade school), and ride those kids til the end. It completely eliminates any development opportunities for the lesser known kids trying to win spots. It becomes almost impossible for them to compete for positions.

That's my gripe...always has been. I'm not a fan of the crowning of these kids so damn early. I think it hurts other kids development exponentially.
You mean the lesser talented kids, not lesser known. It's moronic to think there's kids riding Visi's bench that wil become HS superstars. And the key development takes place in HS, not grade school. I can't even comprehend the complete stupidity of your argument.

No kid sitting on Visi's bench will ever become Charles Woodson.
Old 08-12-17, 06:08 PM
All American

Quote:
It's moronic to think there's kids riding Visi's bench that wil become HS superstars. And the key development takes place in HS, not grade school.
Of course it happens in high school, that's my whole damn point.

Most of these "studs" are 1-1.5 years older than their peers. That's part of the dominance you see from them. For kids pre-puberty, that is a HUGE advantage. You mean to tell me that kids that develop at 14 and 15 shouldn't be given just as much of a chance than kids that developed in 7th and 8th grade?

Of course they can...but all the attention is on the kids that dominate grade school. For a school looking for deeper and more talent, and unwilling to open up recruiting, YOU CAN'T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN THAT BASKET.

You have to develop the rest of the crew as you WILL find later developers that can be difference makers. THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

We've been having this conversation for 12 months, and I honestly still don't think you understand my POV.