Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-23-16, 03:54 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty99 View Post
QB- Nieman, Bittner
RB- Mazza, Massminster
FB- Wainscott
TE- Martin, Barret
WR- Failace, Trischler, Broxterman, Perry, Dirr, O conner
T- Hilvert, James
T- Blake, Deters
G-Mastruserio
G-Kandra/Ginn
C-Durr, Mullaney

NG- Slocum, Klingenbeck
DE- Lenhardt, Martin
DE- Bono, Accurso
ILB- Tepe, Tuttle
ILB- Murphy, Finley
OLB- Marsh
OLB- Austing/Hofmeyer
SS- Pastoriza/Wright
FS- Obrien
CB- Hilsinger, K. Dailey
CB- Beck/Kearns/Sanders

K- Ammon/Harmeyer
What # was Kandra for the Frosh? The OTs (#76 & #78) were very big for Freshman. I'm not so certain any of the JV OL outside of Ginn will have the size for Varsity.

Last edited by Descartes; 11-25-16 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-01-16, 09:27 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Last night at Dad's Club, Coach Ramsey gave a brief overview of the 2017 schedule as it stands now:

Week 1: Crosstown Showdown (No opponent yet, though)
Week 2: Oak Hills
Week 3: FL team(?)
Week 4: St. Edward
Week 5: Cardinal Mooney(?)
Week 6: St. Xavier
Week 7: Moeller
Week 8: Winton Woods
Week 9: ?
Week 10: LaSalle
I wonder if Elder would consider looking into Clinton Massie for week 5 if they can't get Mooney. Lorain also has an opening which could be cool too even if travel is required, however I assume they won't even consider Elder. Lancaster is still available for week 3 if we can't get a FL team, maybe they'd consider. And it looks like Highlands is the only real close option for Week 9, but I doubt they are rebuilt enough to consider LOL. I'm about to start making some calls myself
Old 12-06-16, 11:06 AM
All American

Looks like we can rule Cardinal Mooney out for next season. They have filled their week 5 slot according to their thread on the main football board. And unless we can get Walsh Jesuit or Clinton Massie for week 5, Elder is gonna have to look out of state yet again. SMH.
Old 12-07-16, 08:09 PM
All Yappi

Is it possible both OTs from this year's Frosh team end up on the OL? They've got to rebuild the OL from top to bottom. I don't have official stats, but I'd be willing to bet Nieman was sacked the most times in a season in Elder history.

I'm not putting the kid down, but if Hilvert can't add weight, is there any way he moves to Defense? Maybe as a DE.
Old 12-10-16, 09:59 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire 910 View Post
I wonder if Elder would consider looking into Clinton Massie for week 5 if they can't get Mooney. Lorain also has an opening which could be cool too even if travel is required, however I assume they won't even consider Elder. Lancaster is still available for week 3 if we can't get a FL team, maybe they'd consider. And it looks like Highlands is the only real close option for Week 9, but I doubt they are rebuilt enough to consider LOL. I'm about to start making some calls myself
I hope we can get the Clinton Massie game. My brother-in-law went to East Clinton, and I would love to put a pounding on Clinton Massie for him.
Old 12-11-16, 09:52 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Just saw that the captains for next year are Jack Mazza, Devon Slocum, Danny Nieman, and Danny Faillace.
Old 12-12-16, 11:38 AM
Varsity

Real is on a distinguished road
What about the legendary Bryce Martin???
Old 12-12-16, 01:10 PM
All American

He's a Junior now so it's next season or never. The above are captains named for next season already. He is not included.
Old 12-12-16, 03:43 PM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
He's got a lot of potential if he puts the effort in and work ethic to be a good player next year. Regardless of being captain, its up to him how far he goes.

I heard Faillace received GCL League receiver of the year honors to.
Old 12-12-16, 03:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork View Post
He's got a lot of potential if he puts the effort in and work ethic to be a good player next year. Regardless of being captain, its up to him how far he goes.

Did you call Ruffing?
Old 12-13-16, 07:30 AM
All Region

Insanity5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire 910 View Post
He's a Junior now so it's next season or never. The above are captains named for next season already. He is not included.
You are correct. Was thinking he was going to be a junior next year. Was thinking of someone else
Old 12-13-16, 08:43 AM
Varsity

Real is on a distinguished road
I'm a big fan of Faillace... Not very physically imposing, but his routes are crisp.
Old 12-13-16, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post
I'm a big fan of Faillace... Not very physically imposing, but his routes are crisp.
Elder's WRs are mostly possession Receivers. They don't have the Homerun threat like Jones or O'Connor.
Old 12-13-16, 12:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Elder's WRs are mostly possession Receivers. They don't have the Homerun threat like Jones or O'Connor.
They don't use the home run ball anymore. When was the last time you saw Elder have the vertical long mid passes as part of the offense? The short dunk passes is primarily the offense now. I get you need a good line but over the last 3 seasons we have not seen Elder stretch the field as much as in years past on a consistent basis.
Old 12-13-16, 12:34 PM
All Ohio

polar panther is on a distinguished road
I know you have to work to your strengths, but once a game or so you gotta let one fly down field, just to let the other team more to think about.
Old 12-13-16, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They don't use the home run ball anymore. When was the last time you saw Elder have the vertical long mid passes as part of the offense? The short dunk passes is primarily the offense now. I get you need a good line but over the last 3 seasons we have not seen Elder stretch the field as much as in years past on a consistent basis.
This is because they do not have players fast enough to get behind the defense.

In addition, the Elder line doesnt give the QB enough time for deep patterns.
Old 12-13-16, 12:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Old 12-13-16, 12:48 PM
All Ohio

You still have to try once in awhile, you can't let Specht and the other coaches know you are never going to throw a deep ball.
Old 12-13-16, 01:21 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar panther View Post
You still have to try once in awhile, you can't let Specht and the other coaches know you are never going to throw a deep ball.
Agreed. Which is why I was so critical of the play calling this year. I kept waiting for reverses, screens, flee flickers, halfback pass, fake punt, etc.

I waited all year and never saw it.
Old 12-13-16, 01:37 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
This is because they do not have players fast enough to get behind the defense.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.55 40 back in '85? I'd say he caught a few deep balls along the way to the HOF.
Old 12-13-16, 02:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
They just didn't have a true burner. It doesn't mean kids like Hall, Oswald, Schwallie,etc weren't studs. They would have started at WR for every major program in the state.
Old 12-13-16, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar panther View Post
Jerry Rice ran a 4.55 40 back in '85? I'd say he caught a few deep balls along the way to the HOF.
Maybe. However, he played in the WC Offense, which was all about short quick passes. He picked up a lot of YAC.
Old 12-13-16, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Agreed. Which is why I was so critical of the play calling this year. I kept waiting for reverses, screens, flee flickers, halfback pass, fake punt, etc.

I waited all year and never saw it.
There were times Nieman barely took 1 step in his drop before he was getting lit up. The OL this year was porous, there was no time for those kind of plays to develop.
Old 12-13-16, 02:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
There were times Nieman barely took 1 step in his drop before he was getting lit up. The OL this year was porous, there was no time for those kind of plays to develop.
Bullcrap - a two or three step drop and fire is done at every level of play and taking shots down the middle inst that tough to do especially when we don't go under center at all. What was the avg yard per attempt this year for Elder? I bet it was under 5 yards.
Old 12-13-16, 02:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Maybe. However, he played in the WC Offense, which was all about short quick passes. He picked up a lot of YAC.
No doubt, but he did use moves to get open down field as well. He shredded Deion from time to time, and not because of his speed.
Old 12-13-16, 02:59 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What was the avg yard per attempt this year for Elder? I bet it was under 5 yards.
Elder attempted 261 passes in the 2016 regular season for 1628 yards. That's about 6.23 yards per attempt. http://gcls.gclsports.com/fbStats.as...t=10&year=2016
Old 12-13-16, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
I agree, there were opportunities where they could have flooded one side of the field and taken a 1v1 matchup on the backside. Most of the time when it was taken it was a comeback as opposed to a fade. Nieman did take a few shots down the middle of the field but often times into coverage for INTs which is why I think we saw less of that as the year went on. The short passing game also has been used as an extension of the run when the running game is going nowhere.
Old 12-13-16, 11:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Martin actually has a few offers, just picked up one from Ohio Dominican (Mark Miller's school). It's imperative the staff either incorporate him more in the passing game or move him to OLB/DE.
Old 12-13-16, 11:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I agree, there were opportunities where they could have flooded one side of the field and taken a 1v1 matchup on the backside. Most of the time when it was taken it was a comeback as opposed to a fade. Nieman did take a few shots down the middle of the field but often times into coverage for INTs which is why I think we saw less of that as the year went on. The short passing game also has been used as an extension of the run when the running game is going nowhere.
I'm not sold on Nieman's arm strength to hit those deep fades. I remember him making the throw on the Comeback route to Falliace v X and Falliace had to make an adjustment to make the catch bc the ball was a little under thrown.
Old 12-14-16, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not sold on Nieman's arm strength to hit those deep fades. I remember him making the throw on the Comeback route to Falliace v X and Falliace had to make an adjustment to make the catch bc the ball was a little under thrown.
What? His arm strength is fine. Do you know the difference between the routes? A comeback is all about timing so if that's off then yes an adjustment will need to be made. We're talking about making throws over the top not a back-shoulder fade.