Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-13-16, 08:44 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Can we not agree Elder and X were comparable in talent
You follow these things way more closely than I do, but I am curious how many players X has (not including the o-lineman out for the year) with D1 offers compared to Elder? What about any college football offer 1-AA?
Old 11-13-16, 08:45 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
You follow these things way more closely than I do, but I am curious how many players X has (not including the o-lineman out for the year) with D1 offers compared to Elder? What about any college football offer 1-AA?
1- Sean Clifford. There's a few underclassmen who have lower offers.
Old 11-13-16, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
1- Sean Clifford. There's a few underclassmen who have lower offers.
According the St X forum and not counting Bockhorst

X has 5 D-1 players & 3 others with offers to play 1-AA in college

Class of 2017

QB Sean Clifford: verbal commit to Penn State

OL Matt Bockhorst*: verbal commit to Clemson

OL Michael Heimkreiter: offers from Valparaiso and Butler

WR/CB Colton Paul: offer from Eastern Michigan

WR Lou Raines: offer from Morehead State

CB Eugene Stallworth: verbal commit to Princeton

WR Micah Farrar: offer from Navy

Class of 2018

Bobby Jefferson DE offer from Toledo

Chase Wolf QB offer from Central Michigan

That is 8 Bombers with legit college football offers...now please list Elder's?
Old 11-13-16, 09:23 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by epanther View Post
You need to stay banned!
Agreed. His 4th new name in what, 10 days?

I figured it was only a matter of time until he was over here complaining about how X overachieved and beat Colerain, whereas Elder failed because they lost to Mason. That win by the Bombers is probably driving him insane.
Old 11-13-16, 10:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
According the St X forum and not counting Bockhorst

X has 5 D-1 players & 3 others with offers to play 1-AA in college

Class of 2017

QB Sean Clifford: verbal commit to Penn State

OL Matt Bockhorst*: verbal commit to Clemson

OL Michael Heimkreiter: offers from Valparaiso and Butler

WR/CB Colton Paul: offer from Eastern Michigan

WR Lou Raines: offer from Morehead State

CB Eugene Stallworth: verbal commit to Princeton

WR Micah Farrar: offer from Navy

Class of 2018

Bobby Jefferson DE offer from Toledo

Chase Wolf QB offer from Central Michigan

That is 8 Bombers with legit college football offers...now please list Elder's?
Neither of those OL played. I'm certain Dawson, Lyons, and Bischoff will be playing at the next level. Slocum, and Bono will be D1.
Old 11-13-16, 10:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Neither of those OL played. I'm certain Dawson, Lyons, and Bischoff will be playing at the next level. Slocum, and Bono will be D1.
Ok. If you get rid of the other o-lineman it remains X with 5 D-1 players & 2 others with offers to play 1-AA in college. That is considerably more talent than Elder so for you to say Elder has comparable talent is just not true.
Old 11-13-16, 10:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well sure they could play for Mount St Joe or Thomas More, but that doesn't disprove the point that none of Elder's players this season had/has a current D1 offer.
Old 11-13-16, 10:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Ok. If you get rid of the other o-lineman it remains X with 5 D-1 players & 2 others with offers to play 1-AA in college. That is considerably more talent than Elder so for you to say Elder has comparable talent is just not true.
Not really bc I'm quite certain they players I mentioned will be playing above D3. Also, have you noticed Ignatius has maybe 3 kids playing D1 or 1-AA? You're excuses are tiresome. Plus, there's a lot of politics in D1 scholarships. You really think Farrar is better than any of Elder's 3 WRs? Hell no he isn't. If healthy, Mazza is a great RB, but he won't come close to any offers bc he's white.
Old 11-13-16, 10:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Well sure they could play for Mount St Joe or Thomas More, but that doesn't disprove the point that none of Elder's players this season had/has a current D1 offer.
Look at the number of 1st GCL players: Excluding Glaser at Punter, X had 6, Elder had 5. And it would have tilted in Elder's favor if Mazza hadn't gotten hurt (he would have been chosen over Early). I'm tired of your excuses, the talent is comparable. I know it's hard to wrap your head around, but your built in excuses are false.
Old 11-14-16, 04:19 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Perhaps then the guys "blaming the players" were actually on to something and not just being mean to the kiddies?

BTW, and I do realize it is not you that stated this, but the military doesn't give "offers", in reference to the Xavier player Farrar mentioned above. They show interest, tell you they want you, but you must get a Congressional nomination to attend. Far, far different from an "offer".
Old 11-14-16, 08:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Perhaps then the guys "blaming the players" were actually on to something and not just being mean to the kiddies?

BTW, and I do realize it is not you that stated this, but the military doesn't give "offers", in reference to the Xavier player Farrar mentioned above. They show interest, tell you they want you, but you must get a Congressional nomination to attend. Far, far different from an "offer".
I'm always cast as the vilian here, but I've been standing up for the players. Elder's kids are more talented than what uninformed fans like Purple Reign give them credit for. Reign can't comprehend you don't need D1 talent to win. Ignatius doesn't have more than 2-3 and they're probably going to win state.
Old 11-14-16, 08:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Look at the number of 1st GCL players: Excluding Glaser at Punter, X had 6, Elder had 5. And it would have tilted in Elder's favor if Mazza hadn't gotten hurt (he would have been chosen over Early). I'm tired of your excuses, the talent is comparable. I know it's hard to wrap your head around, but your built in excuses are false.
You mention D1 college scholarships are political, but then you reference some meaningless (and 100% political) 1st team all-gcl team?

This all started because you said "X just beat a loaded Colerain with far less talent than Elder has coming through the ranks". I simply utilized the facts, to prove that you were wrong...again.

When one team has at least 5 legit D1 players and the other has zero, the talent is not even.

Penn State
Clemson*
Eastern Michigan
Navy
Toledo
Central Michigan
Old 11-14-16, 08:16 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm always cast as the vilian here, but I've been standing up for the players. Elder's kids are more talented than what uninformed fans like Purple Reign give them credit for. Reign can't comprehend you don't need D1 talent to win. Ignatius doesn't have more than 2-3 and they're probably going to win state.
How are you cast as the villain? Aren't you brand new to this board with less than 100 posts?

As I've said, if the team Elder is playing is more talented, it's up to the coaches to adjust the gameplan. Ramsey either would not or could not.
Old 11-14-16, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You mention D1 college scholarships are political, but then you reference some meaningless (and 100% political) 1st team all-gcl team?

This all started because you said "X just beat a loaded Colerain with far less talent than Elder has coming through the ranks". I simply utilized the facts, to prove that you were wrong...again.

When one team has at least 5 legit D1 players and the other has zero, the talent is not even.

Penn State
Clemson*
Eastern Michigan
Navy
Toledo
Central Michigan
And you using D1 offers as a benchmark for talent is flawed. GCL 1st team is a more accurate comparison. Then again, you've admitted you don't pay attention, so im not surprised.
Old 11-14-16, 08:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
How are you cast as the villain? Aren't you brand new to this board with less than 100 posts?

As I've said, if the team Elder is playing is more talented, it's up to the coaches to adjust the gameplan. Ramsey either would not or could not.
Right, only been here a short time, always cast as the vilian.
Old 11-14-16, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
And you using D1 offers as a benchmark for talent is flawed. GCL 1st team is a more accurate comparison.
Yes, I'm sure my logic (and that of every football coach in America for the past 80 years) is flawed.
Old 11-14-16, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure my logic (and that of every football coach in America for the past 80 years) is flawed.
It is, being a great HS player doesn't guarantee a D1 scholarship (see Mark Miller) and being a D1 recruit doesn't guarantee success at the HS level (Andrew Hendrix).
Old 11-14-16, 10:19 AM
All American

Older Panther
They have to get speed on the outside receivers. Lasalle just sat back and let them try to throw in front of them because they knew that Elder did not have any one that could run past them. Of course the o line needs to get bigger because if Elder did have someone that could run past them Niemann did not have enough time to throw the deep ball. We also need to get bigger on the d line as they were getting pushed around by Mason. I also question why you play 4 guys on the line and 7 at least 5 yards off the ball when you know the team is going to run.
Old 11-14-16, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Panther View Post
They have to get speed on the outside receivers. Lasalle just sat back and let them try to throw in front of them because they knew that Elder did not have any one that could run past them. Of course the o line needs to get bigger because if Elder did have someone that could run past them Niemann did not have enough time to throw the deep ball. We also need to get bigger on the d line as they were getting pushed around by Mason. I also question why you play 4 guys on the line and 7 at least 5 yards off the ball when you know the team is going to run.
The short passing game is Elder's Offense. The biggest issue was the OL struggled, Nieman didn't even have a chance to throw quick hitting type of routes. There isn't an Jones, O'Connor or Ramstetter coming through, but Trischler, Falliace and Perry are excellent HS WRs. If anything, they need to work on fighting off press cvg. X and LS really threw them off their routes with physical Corners.

The DL was plenty big enough this year, but their game v Mason was disappointing. Bono and Slocum will be D1 and they've got some solid rising Jrs. The Frosh had big lines, but making the jump to varsity is tough. As others have said, they really could use elite speed on the back 8 of the Defense. I think they've got kids with decent speed relative to most GCL schools, but none are true lockdown Corners.
Old 11-14-16, 10:46 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
I think we can all agree the defense was very poorly coached against Mason. Elder had no business losting to them, but I'm optimistic about next season.
Old 11-14-16, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Poor example. The GCL all-star teams have close to the same number of players across the board.
Old 11-14-16, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Right, only been here a short time, always cast as the vilian.
What a clown. Like EHS said, you're fooling no one.
Old 11-14-16, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

Did Elder have any business losing Mason? Probably not. Would Elder have been turbo clocked by Colerain? We'll never know. X had two distinct advantages going for them when matching up with Colerain, OL and DBs. The OL could actually hold a pass rush at bay and the DBs were bigger and more athletic than Elder's to cover the run or pass against the Cards.
Old 11-14-16, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Poor example. The GCL all-star teams have close to the same number of players across the board.
Still, can't pretend like D1 offers are the true benchmark of how good a player is at the HS level. The excuses are old, anyone who has paid attention to the lower levels knows this team should be very deep and talented. There will be a lot of Jrs asked to step up on Defense, but they've proven to be more than capable as Frosh & JV. Seriously, the built in excuses for losing are old. If they don't win a GCL title at least once over the next two seasons, then they're not developing the players in their system.
Old 11-14-16, 12:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Did Elder have any business losing Mason? Probably not. Would Elder have been turbo clocked by Colerain? We'll never know. X had two distinct advantages going for them when matching up with Colerain, OL and DBs. The OL could actually hold a pass rush at bay and the DBs were bigger and more athletic than Elder's to cover the run or pass against the Cards.
Bolden probably lost that game trying to throw way too much. The DBs didn't have to do much, so many of the QB's passes were off the mark.

The Mason loss is embarrassing, but I think most realize 6-5 isn't bad for what they had in this Sr class. However, another 6-7 win season next year would be an underachievement. I honestly have no idea how anyone could say otherwise.
Old 11-14-16, 01:12 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
However, another 6-7 win season next year would be an underachievement. I honestly have no idea how anyone could say otherwise.
Has anyone said otherwise? From every post I've read and from everyone I have talked to, expectations for 2017 are higher than they were for 2016.
Old 11-14-16, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Has anyone said otherwise? From every post I've read and from everyone I have talked to, expectations for 2017 are higher than they were for 2016.
Purple Reign has, ADS seems to have the excuse machine rolling already.
Old 11-14-16, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Purple Reign has, ADS seems to have the excuse machine rolling already.
I didn't see Purple Reign say anything close to that in this thread and since you've only been on Yappi for 8 days I have to assume you didn't read any of the older posts from this season or seasons past. (If you do go back, avoid the ramblings of anyone who posted under the name Pantherboy06, Nelson Van Alden or Jay Bilas, though, he stopped posting about 8 days ago.)
Old 11-14-16, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
I didn't see Purple Reign say anything close to that in this thread and since you've only been on Yappi for 8 days I have to assume you didn't read any of the older posts from this season or seasons past. (If you do go back, avoid the ramblings of anyone who posted under the name Pantherboy06, Nelson Van Alden or Jay Bilas, though, he stopped posting about 8 days ago.)
Why would you assume I haven't read recent threads? It's all about due diligence.
Old 11-14-16, 02:51 PM
All Yappi

I've not said one thing about how many wins I believe this team will have next year and believe it is foolish to try. These predictions and ultimatums saying a 7-3 record would be underachieving is stupid.

Elder will go as far as the offensive line can take them. The play calling is predictable but can work when you have better players. The opponent knew Elder was running QB Ramsey behind Kramer last year and it didn't matter. However, when your players are undersized or slow, thinking you can tell the other team what is coming and expect them not to stop it is foolish.