Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-28-18, 07:41 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Hey ohiopup,didn't I see you workin the stage at the State Burly in Canton?...BAM!
Old 10-29-18, 09:04 AM
All World

One Who Knows is on a distinguished road
ohiopup and raymo - A tough weekend for your Bulldogs in their 129th meeting with the Massillon Tigers:
https://fox8.com/2018/10/27/history-...o-finish-10-0/

Even though the Pups lost to the Tigers, McKinley is still in the hunt for a state title. I believe they play Friday night at Solon. Best of luck!

ROCK ON!
Old 10-29-18, 05:22 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Who Knows View Post
ohiopup and raymo - A tough weekend for your Bulldogs in their 129th meeting with the Massillon Tigers:
https://fox8.com/2018/10/27/history-...o-finish-10-0/

Even though the Pups lost to the Tigers, McKinley is still in the hunt for a state title. I believe they play Friday night at Solon. Best of luck!

ROCK ON!
Thank you...
Old 10-29-18, 07:47 PM
All World

Well, it looks like the "Hue & Lue Show" is over in Cleveland. Here's an FYI:

The Indians introduced Terry Francona as their manager on Oct. 8, 2012. Since then, the Browns and Cavs have each had four head coaches:

Browns: Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Pettine and Hue Jackson

Cavs: Byron Scott, Mike Brown, David Blatt and Tyronn Lue

ROCK ON!
Old 10-29-18, 09:54 PM
All American

Bevo is on a distinguished road
Here's another: the last five coaches to be fired by the Browns have all been fired after the Browns lost their second seasonal game with the Steelers.

I have tried to watch the team this year; surprisingly, I had not seen them "give up" until yesterday - especially on the last Pittsburgh touchdown. Ironically, the defense quit and now the G. Williams is the head coach and yet the Haslams stated that Hue had "lost" the team and the team had quit as reasons for his dismissal.

I have never liked the Haslams; he's way too old to be called Jiimmy and I believe he is a crook.

Seems like the Haslams and Dan Gilbert are a lot alike. Like right now, I have to believe that Gilbert is the hold up on giving Larry Drew a "full status" contract to coach the Cavs.

In a column today I saw for the first time "ownership" as a reason the Browns are bad. I agree wholeheartedly.

Been sitting on a quiz for over a month and I believe I will roll it out soon. This is the time of year with homecoming, school and college dances taking place that I thought we should hono rock songs about "busti' a move"! Will be posted as soon as I have time - could be tomorrow or Wednesday. Two sections.

(Recently mentioned Ghoul Vincent Price has a marathon starting at 8:00 p.m. Halloween night on Turner Classic, I believe.)

Last edited by Bevo; 10-30-18 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-30-18, 05:09 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
… Recently mentioned Ghoul Vincent Price has a marathon starting at 8:00 p.m. Halloween night on Turner Classic, I believe.
Two parts.
Hopefully they will be showing one of my Vincent Price favorites: "The Abominable Dr. Phibes". I remember watching it as the second movie at the drive-in, back in the seventies. However, my favorite second feature drive-in movie was "Barbarella".
Old 10-30-18, 07:45 PM
All American

Jane will be 81 on Dec. 21st.!!! I don't care how much "work" she's had done - she is beyond smokin'.

I watched the HBO thing (Jane Fonda: In Five Acts) on her recently. Very interesting. But I was not military and I understand those who can't stand her.

Last edited by Bevo; 10-30-18 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-31-18, 02:11 PM
All American

Ok, enough serious stuff... . Moving on to the quiz. I have spoken often and fondly about an anomaly of my small town. Despite being one of the most conservative counties in Ohio and very structured about behavior, young folk here have, back in the 60's had lots of dances. I wistfully noted that in '63-65' we were allowed to dance at lunch free time. So, someone played records (slow songs) and we danced in the junior high auditorium. Incredible and I have told you Miss. Hood, not liking my somewhat desperate hold on Mary uttered the infamous phrase, "Not so close, buddy!" One of many times that I defied my elders.

Also, we had school dances, homecoming, prom, dances after games, record hops year round (many of which were held at St. Pete's - go figure), the rest were in the dining hall at the fairgrounds; we had pool dances. Many of the small communities around Upper Sand. had dances all of the time. With live bands.

So, we were pretty repressed in everything but we knew how to slow dance and also when the music was fast, how to 'shake that thang'! I use to practice dancing in the living room and in my bedroom all of the time. I was so afraid to ask a girl to dance with me but when I did - WOW!

Here are rock songs about dancing. Four correct answers tonight. There are 27 questions on part one so try to not to start until all 27 are listed.

So, "come on feet...start movin... !"

1. Dee Dee Sharp's first big hit - she had two. I use to watch the teens dance on Bandstand to this during the week after school in the early 60's.

2. Still at it and he is in his 80's Bruce brought him back around 20 years ago. This classic sloppy, sax song was reportedly recorded on to a old fashioned tape recorder. "Well, don't you know... ."

3. Ladies' choice. "Hold me closer now...baby."

4. Jr. Walker...heard it last night and parts of my declining body felt compelled to move. Seems as though someone on here saw this band in Columbus.

5. "We get it on most every night." "We don't bark and we don't bite. We keep things natural and light." Pretty little solo guitar part in this one. King Harvest?

6. Ernest Evers. Even Jackie was doing this! Belongs in the Hall for early influences. All of us dance this way to some extent.

7. Young and sweet and seventeen. The Swedish treasury thanks them.

8. This guy is a sleeper. This was used in Animal House; song is from '62. "Hey baby, give me a chance, say you'll let me have this dance." He had another hit in '66 called The More I See You" which is so smooth and mellow. I know that JB knows that song from '66 and I am going to bet the Monclovas do too.

9. "They put a parking lot on a piece of land where the supermarket use to stand."

10. When Tina roared back with her monster album. This song was about being paid to dance with someone.

11. We had Little Stevie Wonder and here you had Litttle Eva. Grand Funk also did this!

12. Your Mama Don't Dance And Your Daddy Don't Rock And Roll

13. Ziggy Stardust did this in his "mature" days. "Put on your red dress."

14. Garth Brooks about domestic violence.

15. "Take me by the tongue and I'll know you."

16. "You broke my heart cause I couldn't dance. You didn't even want me around." "Oh watch me now, I said a watch me now baby, watch me now; ah you're driving me crazy."

17. I hope you never lose that sense of wonder. That you get your fill but always keep the hunger."

18. "Shake, shake, shake...shake, shake shake... ."

19. By the Isleys and then Lennon tore his voice up on it in the boys' demo. "Come on, come on, come on now baby now. Come on baby. Work it on out. work it on out."

20. "Yes it's my last chance for romance tonight."

21. By Los Del Rio - hated the whole thing. Very popular.

22. From "Desperately Seeking Susan". I liked this movie.

23. The only one of The Stooges (not Iggy) who could have a dance named after him. Done by Jump N 'The Saddle

24. Great song to sing - like "Nobody But Me - just want to keep on dancing and singing it. Starts with a drum roll. Fades half way through and resumes with a drum roll. Song is short - around two minutes but you wish it lasted about 30! Organ and drums.

25. "I was at a dance when he caught my eye." Talented but corny and cool. She passed away a year or so ago. Hard to imagine him without her. She was actually a few years older then he.

26. "I don't want to kiss or hold your hand. If this is love please try and understand. In this world's there's nothing I would rather dooooo." Wonderful!!

27. Goes together very well with No. 1. (Same artist.)

Last edited by Bevo; 10-31-18 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-31-18, 02:45 PM
All American

There you go; I believe I screwed up somewhere but have at it. Four correct ones tonight and then we'll see where it's at.

Last edited by Bevo; 10-31-18 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-31-18, 04:03 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
5. Dancing in the Moonlight. Yes, Bevo, you nailed it with King Harvest. I believe this was a Van Morrison song.

8. I was just thinking about this guy the other day, wondering why he hadn't been a bigger star. Chris Montez -- Let's Dance
(Whew!!! Bevo, you know how to put the pressure on )

26. "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You" -- The Lads from Liverpool
Old 10-31-18, 04:29 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
1. "Mashed Potato Time" - Dee Dee Sharp

2. " Quarter To Three" - Gary U.S. Bonds

12. "Your Mama Don't Dance" - Loggins & Messina

27. "Gravy, ( For My Mashed Potatoes) " - Dee Dee Sharp

Actually, Dee Dee first got recognition for a tune that climbed all the way
to number 3 on the charts just one week prior to "Mashed Potato Time" peaking
at number 2 on the Top 40. She was credited with Chubby Checker for the song
"Slow Twistin'" also in 1962. She had 4 top ten hits in exactly a one year time span with "Do The Bird" being the 4th hit in that 12 month run.

JB
Old 10-31-18, 04:57 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
5. Dancing in the Moonlight. Yes, Bevo, you nailed it with King Harvest. I believe this was a Van Morrison song.

8. I was just thinking about this guy the other day, wondering why he hadn't been a bigger star. Chris Montez -- Let's Dance
(Whew!!! Bevo, you know how to put the pressure on )

26. "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You" -- The Lads from Liverpool

Monclova Steve,

I believe you may have been thinking of Van Morrison's song "Moondance"
instead of "Dancing In The Moonlight". The King Harvest song definitely has
a kind of Van Morrison sound to it, but it was written by KH keyboard player, Ron Altback, and not by Van the Man.

JB
Old 10-31-18, 05:08 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
11. "The Loco-Motion" - Little Eva/also Grand Funk Railroad
Old 10-31-18, 05:24 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
19: Twist and Shout.

:>---

EGA
Old 10-31-18, 05:29 PM
All Region

Diva is on a distinguished road
7. Abba "Dancing Queen"

18. K. C. and the Sunshine Band "Shake Your Booty"

20. Donna Summer "Last Dance"
Old 10-31-18, 06:44 PM
All American

The name of the place is I like like that! It's a wonderful night for a moon dance!!

Good start by the usual suspects. (JB knows how Mad Magazine would say that but I don't want to be mean.)

Monclovas -

5. Dancing In The Moonlight - nice song. "We get it on most every night... ."

8. Food fight!! Great use of the song when Blutarsky (0.00) starts flying around the cafeteria. And, "yes" I truly loved "The More I See You" by Trini's clone, Chris Montez. Had a crush on a girl that year that was so good it hurt me. This was the song to accompany it. I was two years older than she and I thought I was too old; she married a guy four years older than me! We won't get into age discrepancies. Let's just say that Mrs. Bevo is conducting parent/teacher conferences tonight while I do this. (Youth will be served and keep working.)

26. I'm Happy Just to Dance With You. Clever hooks, great harmonies; aided by Sir George Martin's great assistance and arrangements. A hit factory.

JB -

Preach, brother!

1. Mashed Potatoe Time. "It's the latest, it's the greatest - yeah, yeah yeah."

27. I've got your Gravy right here! Has anyone ever had gravy as good as their mom's made? Thought so.
Was not aware of the other Dee Dee Sharp hits. Glad to be wrong.

"And there's no, no twistin' like a slow, slow twistin."

2. Gary U.S. Bonds. I believe the sax caught fire on this. I would have killed Whitey to have witnessed this recording. In my mind in this bar it is a quarter til three and the band won't stop. Everyone is half drunk and dancing and smoking something. I will invent the genre "trash rock" right here and now for this explosive tune. Long a Springsteen staple. Worth a listen tonight!

12. Loggins and Messina with Your Mama Don't Dance. I am partial to the devastating heart felt and heart breaking Return To Pooh Corner by Loggins. Never a huge fan of Jim and Kenny.

BlackHawk -

11. Grinding away with The Loco-Motion. A Grand Funk guy, I am sure!

ohiopup - with the greatest band of all time with Twist and Shout.

When George Martin met the boys, he wasn't overly impressed with the musicianship but he loved their presence and attitude. After a session when he told them to tell him if they didn't like anything. George replied, "I don't like your tie."

I believe at one early session where they played a different, slower version of Please, Please Me. Martin instructed them to work up a different, up-tempo version. The next day John and Paul came in with what we know the song to be. G.M. said, "Boys, that's your first number one hit."

Diva - finally available early!

7. Mama Mia! It is ABBA with Dancing Queen.

18. K.C. and The Sunshine Buys are actually on the quiz later but not for this one. There is something being shaken on this but it's not your booty.

20. Yes, The queen of Disco - which I believe she renounced. Became a Gospel singer. died young.
Old 10-31-18, 06:48 PM
All American

Hopeful some more might stop in. Or even a new person(s)!!
Old 10-31-18, 08:10 PM
All World

Here are some late guesses:

4. Jr. Walker...heard it last night and parts of my declining body felt compelled to move. Seems as though someone on here saw this band in Columbus.
"Shotgun"

6. Ernest Evans. Even Jackie was doing this! Belongs in the Hall for early influences. All of us dance this way to some extent.
"The Twist", Chubby Checker

9. "They put a parking lot on a piece of land where the supermarket use to stand."
"Come Dancing", The Kinks

16. "You broke my heart cause I couldn't dance. You didn't even want me around." "Oh watch me now, I said a watch me now baby, watch me now; ah you're driving me crazy."
"Do You Love Me", The Contours

ROCK ON!
Old 10-31-18, 08:36 PM
All American

Modern Family is a very funny show!

4. Jr. Walker - that snare drum cracks off like a pistol. Shot Gun by Jr. Walker and The All Stars.

6. Ernest Evers was a chicken farmer or something like that. We have all been dancing The Twist ever since. "Let's twist again like we did last summer."

9. Come Dancing by The Kinks ; I would not have gotten this one. Best Kinks - You Really Got Me and All The Day And All Of The Night. Power chords!

16. The Contours with Do You Love Me now that I can dance. Watch me now!!

Great job by everyone. Let's go four more each tomorrow. that's 15 correct tonight. Anyone else or anyone who didn't get four correct - please continue.

Last edited by Bevo; 11-01-18 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-31-18, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
23. "The Curly Shuffle" - I remember the song was used in Channel 43's (Lorain-Cleveland) promos of the "3 Stooges" episodes they'd show in the afternoons as led by Channel 43 personality "Super Host."
Old 11-01-18, 06:15 AM
All American

23. "Nuck, nuck, nuck, Mr. Slippery! Correct.
Old 11-01-18, 07:13 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
10. "Private Dancer" - Tina Turner
13. "Let's Dance - David Bowier
21. "The Macarena" - Los Del Rio

Oh, I don't know. I always got a kick out of the MTV video with those "mature" Latin guys in their classic suits doing the cha-cha.
Old 11-01-18, 07:26 AM
All American

Boy, does it look and feel like November!

10. Tina and her hair blow up the music scene with a iconic album. Private Dancer.

13. Yes, Ziggy had been laid to rest. The "all the young dudes" had taken over and we got Let's Dance by David Bowe.

21. The Macarena. I'd rather do The Curly Shuffle.

An explosion of correct answers. Leaves3, 14, 15, 17, 18 (redo by Diva, if she wants or anyone else), 22, 24, and 25.

I will be out until late afternoon. Everyone is in play and it's four new correct responses today.
Old 11-01-18, 09:12 AM
All American

25. "Blame It On The Bossa Nova" - Eydie Gorme ( minus her partner Steve Lawrence). This was a big hit my senior year, but not for me personally.

24. "Keep On Dancing" - The Gentrys This was a big hit for Mrs. JB's senior year.

The Gentrys , one of my One Hit Wonders, had two infamous members in their original line-up.
Bevo, since I know you were a big time pro wrestling fan in the past, or at least had a roadside encounter
with the late Bobo Brazil per one of your earlier "Bevos" you may be surprised that the Gentry's had none other
than future World Wrestling Association promoter Jimmy Hart, aka "The Mouth of the South" in their band as a
vocalist and sometime keyboard player !

But the lead singer of The Gentrys was a rocker with a cult following to this day, a guy named Larry Raspberry.
I would be surprised if many AARPsters have heard of the group called "Larry Raspberry and The High Steppers" ,
but this band basically flew under the radar without a big hit but their fan base was pretty amazing back in the mid 70's
when most of the world was listening to disco. This band did a lot of original stuff but also was a terrific cover band and
I have to say they were one of my guilty pleasures and even have one of their albums,imagine that right ?
Definitely a real party band in the truest sense. They even have found their way to YouTube if you're curious.
Check out the tunes "JiveAss " , "Rock and Roll Warning", or " Baby Get Outa Bed" for a sampling.

I just checked on YouTube and Larry Raspberry is on there doing a cover of the classic "Gloria" and while I have to say he has certainly
aged in the last 40 plus years, he still has his chops and can play some guitar. I would imagine he's likely playing some VFW chicken barbecues
and small county fairs with a dive bar or two thrown in to keep his edge nowadays, but he and the High Steppers helped get me through
the mid to late 70's.

Very nice quiz, btw.

JB
Old 11-01-18, 02:51 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
Monclova Steve,

I believe you may have been thinking of Van Morrison's song "Moondance"
instead of "Dancing In The Moonlight". The King Harvest song definitely has
a kind of Van Morrison sound to it, but it was written by KH keyboard player, Ron Altback, and not by Van the Man.

JB
Thanks, JB. No surprise to me that my memory is getting as fuzzy as my eyesight.
Old 11-01-18, 04:50 PM
All American

JB - As usual you are at your best with the arcane!

First - 24. The Gentrys with Keep On Dancing. And, 25. The lively and then luscious Eydie Gorme ("Oh Steve!") Pretty good duo, and marriage and stalwarts on the Carol Burnett Show.

Went into the You Tube catacombs to listen to your Raspberry stuff. Real, real good. It was one of those "we're crazy but good bands". I can't hear Gloria without remembering the 500 lead singers and bands that I saw and heard play this in the 60's. Those first few chords are classic and always set the tone and mood for some good trashy rock. ("And her name is... .")

I listened to the tunes you mentioned and I heard sort of Leon Russell boogie, woogie, Delbert McClinton, and some of that southern rock stuff from the 70's. Always wonder who makes it and who doesn't. Also, reminds me of my Findlay band, The Night Watchmen - the best band I ever heard that didn't go big time.

I never watched the show, but the Canadian band, Anvil is like this. Just never quit playing. And why should they?!

You keep all of these in your memory - along with Bobo Brazil and I standing urinal to urinal at a roadside rest outside of Detroit , the night that Reggie Jackson hit the light tower in right field - over my groups' heads at the All-Star game!!

Obviously, my hillbilly friends and I were big, Big Time Wrestling fans from the showrooms of Lex Mayer to the Brondes' Brothers in Toledo, with the Marion Coliseum geographically right in between venues. Lots and lots of fun!

For the remaining questions some additional help:

3. Paul Anka - "Hold me in your arms."

14. "Yes, my life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain but I would have had to miss ___ ____." Garth

15. Dance like a very famous rock star. Song name.

17. Song by Lee Ann Womack.

18. Diva wanted to shake her booty - which given the exercise regimes she talks about, I 'm sure she could - but we're shaking something else here. Peaches and Herb.

22. It's from the movie Desperately Seeking Susan". And, it's by Madonna. May be the only Madonna song I ever liked.

That's it! It's a free concert!! Anyone can answer any or all!!!

Great stuff!
Old 11-01-18, 09:16 PM
All American

Closing time:

3. Put Your Head On My Shoulder

14. The Dance

15. Dance Like Jagger

17. I Hope You Dance

18. Shake Your Groove Thing

22. Get Into The Groove

More in next week.
Old 11-01-18, 10:04 PM
All American

Bevo,

I'll add a couple more:

15. "Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5

18. "Shake Your Groove Thing" - Peaches & Herb. There was a great video of this
tune done on the old Drew Carey Show. It's also included on the CD of music numbers done on the Drew Carey Show over the years.

Interesting that you mentioned Delbert McClinton in your post. I knew of him only as the guy who played harmonica on the Number 1 hit ,"Hey Baby, by Bruce Channel back in 1962 and also that he was supposedly responsible for teaching John Lennon to play the harmonica while on tour with the Beatles early in their career. I actually never really discovered him as a solo artist until 1980 when he had his Top 40 pop hit " Giving It Up For Your Love" which peaked at number 8.

The Blues Brothers earlier had stroked him pretty well with "B Movie Box Car Blues" from their " Briefcase Full Of Blues" album you know the song . . . . . "Caught a ride into South Dakota with two girls in a light blue Desoto, One's name was Jane and the other was plain, but they both had racin' motors."

Now those are some lyrics !! Might have to explain what a "Desoto" was to some of the younger crowd or tell em' Groucho sent you, right, say the secret word and the duck will drop down and you can divide 50 dollars .

Anyway, I still have a concert ticket dated Friday, October 30, 1992 from Bogarts in Cincinnati, for the only time I ever was able to see Delbert McClinton live in concert. This was probably one of my top 10 all time favorite concerts. The opening act was Joe Ely. who I wasn't familiar with at the time, but left the show a huge fan and since have acquired quite a bit of his music. First time I had ever heard the song " The Road Goes On Forever" and it just blew me away. Delbert was also simply terrific that night as well.

The show was sponsored by Bensen & Hedges cigarettes and there were several cigarette girls walking around the concert area with those cigarette cases you would see in old movies from the 40's or 50's, only they were giving out frees cigs along with little Bensen & Hedges lighters. I was still a smoker in 1992 and left with about 5 0r 6 packs of smokes plus a pocket full of lighters. B&H wasn't my brand but the price was right ! Eventually kicked the habit in 1996 and have been smoke free for over 22 years and counting. That concert was 26 years ago this past Tuesday and it just doesn't seem possible !

JB

PS : Oh for crying out loud, the entire time I have been typing this novel, I didn't realize you had been posting the answers above. So I post this response
only to see your post already sitting there ! Good grief.

Last edited by Johnstown Benny; 11-02-18 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-01-18, 10:49 PM
All American

Don't you matter about that. Your expositions are beyond valuable - priceless.

I recall Delbert's hit song and the John Lennon story. Seems like I have seen him on Austin City Limits a few times.

Those are great lyrics; sounds like some John Prine stuff. (Who is very trendy right now after a 45-year career.)

I quit smoking 12 years ago after having a lot of colon taken out. I went for 39 years. Good thing I couldn't smoke in classes!

Before I quit, a newsstand here was selling cartons of Trus with 50 cents off coupons on each pack so I would just load up.

Joe Ely sounds familiar.

Heard that the B.ball Bucks played with Xavier (their starting point guard was out but still... .)

Last edited by Bevo; 11-02-18 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-02-18, 09:28 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
NOVEMBER 2

====

Birthdays

---

Jay Black: Singer... is 79 today
nee: Jay Blatt
lead singer for "Jay and the Americans"
Several Top-40 hits in the mid-60's ~ early-70'S

Including....

====

Very busy this last week...plus didn't want to step on the quiz.

:>---

USMC nomenclature

Lance Corporal;
Pay grade E-3 (E = enlisted )
A Lance Corporal in the USMC has 1 stripe up with Crossed Rifles below

A Lance Corporal is not a non-commissioned officer.

A Lance Corporal may be a combat-team leader. Combat teams consist of 3 to 5 Marines,
there are 3 to 5 teams per squad.

Crossed Rifles the representation of the 'mission of the "Corps" (Combat Ready)
Enlisted ranks from Lance Corporal (E-3) thru Master Sergeant (E-8) bear this symbol.
It goes to the tradition that every Marine is first trained as an 0311 (the MOS
designation of a basic combat infantry man). Most enlisted Marines upon completion
of boot camp continue on to advanced infantry training, before they continue to their
training in their final MOS assignment. The exceptions are Marines that are to be assigned
to the Marine Band. Their rank insignia is adorned with a lyre in place of the
crossed rifles.

SF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: