Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-24-18, 01:21 PM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Gwoc

Speaking of the GWOC...

There are 20 teams in the conference. Obviously too many to play all of them in one season. Which is why they are broken up into 4 groups. What are you thoughts on this...

Two (10) team leagues. There is a premier league and a B tier league. the bottom two in the premier and the top two in the B tier switch every year. Promotion and relegation.

Now, other than the fact that this would never happen, and its High School and teams vary a ton from year to year, and it would honestly mean nothing other than just pride... it would be kind of interesting? Would it not? It would let the consistently better teams play each other, and the consistently worse teams play more teams their own caliber. While teams in the middle bounce back and forth.

I mean... it would be REALLY interesting to start Promotion/Relegation at the High School level. Maybe give MLS a hint?

I would say there are a bunch of leagues that could join and do the same thing. Maybe get rid of some of those blow out games that teams are forced to play every year.

Thought?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-18, 01:55 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Wing View Post
20 teams in the conference.
Put these leagues together. The first year take the top half of each and that is your Premier division. The GWOC is already setup for it.

Put the CHL and the ECC together.

CHL
Wyoming 9-0-1
Madeira 6-2-0
Taylor 6-2-3
Mariemont 4-3-3
Indian Hill 3-5-2
Finneytown 6-3-0
Reading 4-4-0
Deer Park 3-6-1

ECC
Turpin 11-0-1
Loveland 8-2-0
Anderson 8-2-0
Kings 4-5-2
Walnut Hills 4-5-2
Milford 6-2-2
Withrow 2-5-0
West Clermont 3-6-2

Put the GMC and the MVC together

GMC
Fairfield 3-5-1
Lakota West 3-5-1
Sycamore 2-6-1
Mason 3-3-1
Colerain 5-2-3
Oak Hills 3-5-2
Lakota East 2-5-3
Hamilton 0-7-3
Middletown 2-6-1
Princeton 0-8-0

MVC
Seven Hills 7-1-0
Cincinnati Country Day 6-2-0
Cincinnati Christian 7-3-0
Summit Country Day 4-5-0
CHCA 3-5-0
Norwood 3-8-0
Clark Montessori 2-7-1
maybe add Winton Woods 2-3-4
Old 09-24-18, 07:34 PM
Varsity

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Speaking of the GWOC...

There are 20 teams in the conference. Obviously too many to play all of them in one season. Which is why they are broken up into 4 groups. What are you thoughts on this...

Two (10) team leagues. There is a premier league and a B tier league. the bottom two in the premier and the top two in the B tier switch every year. Promotion and relegation.

Now, other than the fact that this would never happen, and its High School and teams vary a ton from year to year, and it would honestly mean nothing other than just pride... it would be kind of interesting? Would it not? It would let the consistently better teams play each other, and the consistently worse teams play more teams their own caliber. While teams in the middle bounce back and forth.

I mean... it would be REALLY interesting to start Promotion/Relegation at the High School level. Maybe give MLS a hint?

I would say there are a bunch of leagues that could join and do the same thing. Maybe get rid of some of those blow out games that teams are forced to play every year.

Thought?
I understand your concept here, but FYI, nearly half of the gwoc schools are leaving to form their own conference next season.
Old 09-25-18, 07:31 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Goeller View Post
I understand your concept here, but FYI, nearly half of the gwoc schools are leaving to form their own conference next season.
Didn't know that... It was just an idea.
Old 09-25-18, 07:46 AM
Varsity

FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Goeller View Post
Who all is leaving next year?
Old 09-25-18, 08:04 AM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Conferences in HS sports are often worthless anyway. What's it give you, just a guaranteed schedule? That's easy enough to do with scheduling these days.

Look at the whole list of complaints yearly about them. Lopsided scores. Who is leaving? When will we expand? When will we contract? Should we have big school and small school divisions? We should kick [insert school name] out because they suck. A whole list of others.

Promotion and relegation should happen in all levels of sports. But, if we want conferences to actually mean something, limit who gets into postseason play. Should a winless (or near winless) team make postseason just to lose another game by 6+ goals? No. Never. Is that harsh? Maybe, but those kids don't like it and they aren't learning anything from it. Make them want to get to postseason by dangling that carrot in front of them.
Old 09-25-18, 11:53 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
Maybe, but those kids don't like it and they aren't learning anything from it.
You make a lot of good points.

I was with you right up until you said this. I've know plenty of good players on bad teams. Doesn't mean they don't like it.
Old 09-25-18, 02:37 PM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You make a lot of good points.

I was with you right up until you said this. I've know plenty of good players on bad teams. Doesn't mean they don't like it.
Correct. I was over-generalizing there. I got ranting.

No one likes losing, I hope. They don't like losing yet another game by 6+ (or whatever may be a regular differential).

Old 09-26-18, 07:11 AM
Varsity

3343 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFan23 View Post
Who all is leaving next year?
All of the American Division is leaving minus Trotwood, they are staying and going to join the National Division teams.

So the teams leaving are......Troy, Tippecanoe, Butler, Sidney, Piqua, Greenville, Fairborn, Xenia, Stebbins, and West Carrollton.

They will be forming the Miami Valley League.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: