Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-19-17, 02:30 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Akron City Series 2017...

Allow me to bestow my City Series expertise with my preseason predictions...

1.East (8-2) (5-0) City Champs and state playoff qualifier.
2. Buchtel (4-6) (4-1) Victim once again to a brutal non league slate. Not sold they're better than last year.
3. Firestone (5-5) (3-2) Improvement by default in a terribly weak league. Good size, some athletes, poor coaching.
4. Ellet (3-7) (2-4) The more things change the more they stay the same. Most of the staff including Joe Yost return, what's glaringly lacking however is talent. A few lean years ahead before the new building opens.
5. Kenmore-Garfield (4-6) (1-4) A merger has to make you better, right? Uh....not really. A cupcake non league schedule helps though.
6. North (0-10) (0-5) No chance of winning a game here. Zero, none, nada...time to do the right thing from a fiscal AND a physical standpoint and cut some sports at North.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-17, 03:14 PM
Varsity

buchtalgriffs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
Allow me to bestow my City Series expertise with my preseason predictions...

1.East (8-2) (5-0) City Champs and state playoff qualifier.
2. Buchtel (4-6) (4-1) Victim once again to a brutal non league slate. Not sold they're better than last year.
3. Firestone (5-5) (3-2) Improvement by default in a terribly weak league. Good size, some athletes, poor coaching.
4. Ellet (3-7) (2-4) The more things change the more they stay the same. Most of the staff including Joe Yost return, what's glaringly lacking however is talent. A few lean years ahead before the new building opens.
5. Kenmore-Garfield (4-6) (1-4) A merger has to make you better, right? Uh....not really. A cupcake non league schedule helps though.
6. North (0-10) (0-5) No chance of winning a game here. Zero, none, nada...time to do the right thing from a fiscal AND a physical standpoint and cut some sports at North.
Buchtel will be in the mix with a reasonable chance to win the league if younger players develop.
Old 07-19-17, 04:56 PM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
What is the latest with the Garfield-Kenmore merger? What is their nickname? Rams or Cardinals? What are the school colors? Are they in a new building? Where are their home games being played? Are they Garfield-Kenmore or Kenmore-Garfield?
Old 07-19-17, 05:08 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
Most of the staff including Joe Yost return,
I thought Yost was gone???
Old 07-20-17, 07:44 AM
Varsity

buchtalgriffs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeUrban View Post
What is the latest with the Garfield-Kenmore merger? What is their nickname? Rams or Cardinals? What are the school colors? Are they in a new building? Where are their home games being played? Are they Garfield-Kenmore or Kenmore-Garfield?
Kenmore-Garfield
Old 07-20-17, 08:19 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Yost is technically retired, but the staff is essentially the same, with one of his long term assistants moving up to head coach.

1. East
2. Buchtel
3. Ellet
4. Firestone
5. Kenfield Raminals
6. North
Old 07-20-17, 08:37 AM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
I thought Yost was gone???
I heard he was coaching LB's.
Old 07-21-17, 07:43 PM
All Ohio

For those that are in the know, did Akron redraw any of their districts now that they are down to 6 schools? Or did they just use the Kenmore and Garfield boundaries to form the new Kenfield district?

Or another way to put it, should we expect a bump in enrollment at all the APS schools?
Old 07-25-17, 02:37 PM
All District

Money Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
IF you ask me, the APS will draw the district lines when they see fit to do so. They are never in a hurry to do anything, unless it is to give themselves a raise. Just the way APS operates.

From what I understand, they will be playing home games at Kenmore's George Brode Field, and I am going to make the prediction that the Kenmore Koney will remain in FULL EFFECT. I also heard that they may bring in a few more port-a-pottys for the home games now that Garfield is combined with the Kenmore faithful.
Old 07-25-17, 09:03 PM
All Ohio

So it sounds like Kenmore-Garfield is just one large district now. I wonder if any families are looking at switching schools because of the new distance they have to travel.
Old 07-25-17, 09:54 PM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Ball View Post
IF you ask me, the APS will draw the district lines when they see fit to do so. They are never in a hurry to do anything, unless it is to give themselves a raise. Just the way APS operates.
. I also heard that they may bring in a few more port-a-pottys for the home games now that Garfield is combined with the Kenmore faithful.
Sounds like those Kenmore Koneys whistle right thru ya, Huh ?
Old 07-25-17, 11:48 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Any idea when they'll solidify their schedule? Last year it was in July they posted their league schedule on the APS site. Just like the Senate league, they love to drag their feet before announcing it.

Found somewhere Ellet would have a Saturday night game. Had a Thursday night game last year. But haven't been able to confirm that date as correct yet.
Old 07-26-17, 08:51 AM
All American

Orangeman89
2017 Varsity schedule...

Akron Ellet
08/25 A Akron Springfield
09/01 H Tallmadge
09/08 A Mogadore Field
09/15 A Akron Kenmore-Garfield (@InfoCision)
09/23 H Canada Prep Academy (ON)
09/30 H Canton Central Catholic
10/07 H Akron East (@Kenmore)
10/14 A Akron Buchtel
10/20 H Akron Firestone (Homecoming)
10/27 A Akron North
Old 07-26-17, 10:08 AM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
I don't trust that schedule at all because arbiter has CCC as a Saturday night game. But CCC didn't even have a game listed that weekend yet.

Until APS releases their composite schedule on their site it's speculative.
Old 07-26-17, 10:51 AM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
I don't trust that schedule at all because arbiter has CCC as a Saturday night game. But CCC didn't even have a game listed that weekend yet.

It's from the coach, it's not speculative.
CCC and Canada Prep are Saturday night games.
Old 07-26-17, 10:56 AM
All Ohio

Does Ellet's construction of its new high school have any effect on their hosting games? How is the parking if they are going to play there?
Old 07-26-17, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post

The Ellet-CCC game is a go, and I have also heard it will be a Saturday night game.
Old 07-27-17, 11:36 AM
All Ohio

That should be a great game. Both teams should have a shot at plenty of computer points.
Old 07-28-17, 06:59 AM
All District

Buckeye 53,

Well, the Kenmore Koneys, made by the Kenmore band moms, went immediately through me! It must have been some of the mom's sweat dripping into the sauce when it would get hot back there. Recently, though, the sauce has been a bit different, not quite as tangy. Maybe it is the rule not allowing the ladies to chew tobacco while making the sauce, or that they now have been made to wear hair nets around their chins so their beard hair doesn't accidentally drop into the sauce, but it definitely is not as "cleansing" as they were about 4-5 years ago. Don't get me wrong though, they are still very SOLID, even though nothing coming out of you after eating 2-3 of those bad boys will be!
Old 07-29-17, 06:44 PM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
MB
A Classic !
Old 07-30-17, 01:35 PM
All Ohio

The Kenmore Koneys are world famous!
Old 08-05-17, 02:33 PM
All District

Yes, Indeed, they are. The Kenmore people have that famous former poster on here, cannot recall his name, but he made those bad boys world famous! And I know he could pound some of those bad boys. He would have his entourage of "ladies" line those Kenmore Koneys up for him on the 3rd row of bleachers from the top on the Home side near the concession stand....Man, was that a sight! It looked like the Tazmanian Devil when he was turned loose on those Koneys!
Old 08-05-17, 02:33 PM
All District

BTWm who was that dude that used to post about The Kenmore Koneys? Was that Pickle Juice? Or The Pickle? Miss those guys....classic and instant humor for the day!
Old 08-05-17, 03:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
BTWm who was that dude that used to post about The Kenmore Koneys? Was that Pickle Juice? Or The Pickle? Miss those guys....classic and instant humor for the day!
There was a poster with some mention of a pickle in the screen name, but before that poster came along, there was a poster named takeit2thabank. Was it the same poster with different screen names?
Old 08-06-17, 12:58 PM
All Ohio

smash mouth 34
Quote:
Pastor Pigskin was legit too.
Old 08-15-17, 07:54 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Looooooong season ahead for my beloved Orangemen.
Scrimmage at Manchester this evening and the Panthers dominated two varsity quarters 25-0.

Ellet lines are woefully small. Couldn't block, couldn't tackle, very little speed and athleticism. Can't be critical about what they don't have. I'm sure the kids will give it 100% every game, hope for them the effort pays off a few times.

All is not lost however, there is some good young talent so they wont be down long. Fr. runningback DeAnthony Becton is a name we'll be talking about alot in a few years.
Old 08-15-17, 09:02 PM
All American

Quest4Gold
One thing about an Ellet team is that they get better as season progresses especially with a young team.
Old 08-16-17, 06:52 PM
All District

From what I heard, there is only one way for the Ellet team to go.

As for those famous former posters, Pastor Pigskin was the king of predictions. He was usually good for nearly making me wet myself each week; Pickle Juice was indeed funnt as all get out; and of course, I forgot about "Tha Bank". That dude was whacked out. Dude always spoke in the 3rd person about himself and always wanting to get with chicks, especially in Green, Ahhh, the good old days of Yappi!
Old 08-16-17, 06:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
From what I heard, there is only one way for the Ellet team to go.

As for those famous former posters, Pastor Pigskin was the king of predictions. He was usually good for nearly making me wet myself each week; Pickle Juice was indeed funnt as all get out; and of course, I forgot about "Tha Bank". That dude was whacked out. Dude always spoke in the 3rd person about himself and always wanting to get with chicks, especially in Green, Ahhh, the good old days of Yappi!
I forgot about Tha Bank's obsession with the Green hottie moms, but I do remember his obsession with the Kenmore Koneys. If memory serves, he referred to his car as the Stank Tank.