Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-22-18, 06:58 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
wooster
dover
new philly
lville
ccc

I mean what needs to happen to get everyone at the table?
All they need is one more - I know it wouldn't be popular because of football but Massillon would most def listen as well.

but as this shapes up I would say Wooster needs to have a school to ID with, Dov/Philly - Lville/CCC - Wooster/????
I like this league and it is a no-brainer. You need one more school... just one more... I personally like Alliance, but they're in the EBC and I don't know if they'd part company with the EBC.

I could see Massillon perhaps being interested if you added them for all other sports EXCEPT football.
Old 04-23-18, 04:53 AM
Junior Varsity

Tuscfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
wooster
dover
new philly
lville
ccc

I mean what needs to happen to get everyone at the table?
All they need is one more - I know it wouldn't be popular because of football but Massillon would most def listen as well.

but as this shapes up I would say Wooster needs to have a school to ID with, Dov/Philly - Lville/CCC - Wooster/????

To go with Wooster you could add West Holmes, only 19 miles seperate. WH to Louisville is about same as WH to Mansfield so no additional for them. Personally I would prefer forgetting Wooster and going after Alliance, Marlington and Carrollton. EBC is not going to last and this would give us a 7 team league. Forget Massillon, teams not interested in joining for ALL sports do not help the situation. Also I think what ever league develops they should apply the penalties outlined by the recent MVL league plan. You commit for at least 10 years or pay penalty for early exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-18, 07:29 AM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Truthfully my take - my opinion based on those I have talked to over the years and that is this:

Carrollton wants nothing to do with playing up - they have a small school mentality and will try to stay adjoined to minerva - sad but true

Alliance was a follower. They could have stood up and went their own direction and I believe others would have went with them, but waited to see if anyone else jumped and just took the easy road so they didn't get "left out"

Marlington was the one I for sure thought will want to go with Lville because of proximity and really I thought Marlington had taken the step up with their programs. Then I looked into their admin and people in place and yeah they actually have taken a step backwards

I am talking about 3 D3 schools here that would rather identify with a league that was just jilted by a D5 school. Minerva is nearly D5 - and it seems that WB, Salem, or South(but I doubt south actually see their enrollment going up) could easily go to D5 if they have a couple classes dip.

So now I say this - only schools you could get would be Alliance and Marlington, and it won't be one. You would either get both or none. I don't see them moving tho, I see them wanting to see if they can get their sports to start winning across the board.

What are we left with? a one and done for the EBC league champ most years.

SO what should the topic schools do? Hey put it out there, Get West Holmes!

Week 10 couples are set - 6 schools - 5 football league games, 10 basket/soft/base games

this allows for quite a bit of wiggle room for non league scheduling. Where can we have the meeting to invite these schools to the table? Once you get those 6 then they can invite 7&8 as targeted schools OR maybe they like the 6 school set up and stay right there?!?!?!?!?

Personally I would love to see Canton South and Northwest be the 7 & 8
Old 04-23-18, 11:40 AM
All Region

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
SO what should the topic schools do? Hey put it out there, Get West Holmes!

Week 10 couples are set - 6 schools - 5 football league games, 10 basket/soft/base games

this allows for quite a bit of wiggle room for non league scheduling. Where can we have the meeting to invite these schools to the table? Once you get those 6 then they can invite 7&8 as targeted schools OR maybe they like the 6 school set up and stay right there?!?!?!?!?
Might not be a bad idea to include WH. Yes, over the past 15 years, WH has consistently lost to Wooster and suffered losses each time they played Dover or Phila. And, yes, they've had disappointing seasons over the last couple of years. However, IMO, WH is due to be competitive again, now that they have Zach Gardner at the helm. He's experienced success as both a Dover player and as a coach at Sandy Valley and at IV. Given some time, Gardner might prove to be exactly who WH needs to turn the program around.
Old 04-23-18, 11:45 AM
All Region

Mr. General is on a distinguished road
Not Bill Dennis? LOL...I kid, I kid.
Old 04-23-18, 12:03 PM
All Region

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Who?
Old 04-27-18, 04:18 PM
Junior Varsity

DHS1 is on a distinguished road
How soon for talks about the ECOL future. Sounds like Meadowbrook, Coshocton,and River Veiw are gone to MVL. TIME TO RALLY THE TROOPS AND GET A NEW LEAGUE DONE.
Old 04-27-18, 06:33 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
MVL expands

https://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder....ion/558979002/
Old 04-28-18, 04:26 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
How soon for talks about the ECOL future. Sounds like Meadowbrook, Coshocton,and River Veiw are gone to MVL. TIME TO RALLY THE TROOPS AND GET A NEW LEAGUE DONE.
Time is NOW for Dover, New Philly and Louisville to band together and find three other schools.
Old 04-30-18, 07:31 AM
All Region

Mr. General is on a distinguished road
Please call Wooster.
Old 04-30-18, 07:44 AM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know who does the ECOL have left in it after all the teams leave that announced their intentions?

and Mr. General - what does Wooster's current situation look like league wise?
Old 04-30-18, 08:52 AM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
ECOL has known about the 3 teams leaving for MVL for some time..tried to several years ago. Zville got shut out of OCC and Marietta got shut out of TVC, so that leaves 5 teams:

Cambridge, Dover, Marietta, New Phila, Zville
Old 04-30-18, 03:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. General View Post
Please call Wooster.
I've always thought that Wooster should be #4.
Old 05-06-18, 09:47 AM
Varsity

bob99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Does anyone know who does the ECOL have left in it after all the teams leave that announced their intentions?

and Mr. General - what does Wooster's current situation look like league wise?
I would like to know too. As far as I know Wooster is pretty well set with the Ohio Cardinal Conference with Mansfield Sr., Mansfield Madison, Lexington, Mount Vernon, Ashland, West Holmes and Wooster. Is someone leaving that I haven't heard about. Right now size wise it is a pretty balanced league. If they could find one more member it would be perfect
Old 05-06-18, 10:11 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatQB View Post
ECOL has known about the 3 teams leaving for MVL for some time..tried to several years ago. Zville got shut out of OCC and Marietta got shut out of TVC, so that leaves 5 teams:

Cambridge, Dover, Marietta, New Phila, Zville
The TVC will have another vote on a massive expansion in the next year. Marietta, Warren, Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Point Pleasant(WV), Fort Frye, and Oak Hill want in the TVC.
Old 05-06-18, 08:29 PM
Varsity

ViolentPacifist76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
I would like to know too. As far as I know Wooster is pretty well set with the Ohio Cardinal Conference with Mansfield Sr., Mansfield Madison, Lexington, Mount Vernon, Ashland, West Holmes and Wooster. Is someone leaving that I haven't heard about. Right now size wise it is a pretty balanced league. If they could find one more member it would be perfect

Other than Ashland and Mansfield Sr., I'm not sure any of the others want to contend with NP and dover on a regular basis...shrug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-18, 07:31 AM
All Region

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentPacifist76 View Post
Other than Ashland and Mansfield Sr., I'm not sure any of the others want to contend with NP and dover on a regular basis...shrug
From Mansfield, Madison and Lexington to New Philly is just under a 2 hour bus ride. I'm sure that has something to do with those 3 schools having little interest in a league together.
Old 05-07-18, 12:08 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Logistics are a valid but convenient excuse of the scared! LOL If I were you guys I wouldn't want us coming in and upsetting the league balance either.
Old 05-07-18, 12:23 PM
All Region

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
I got a laugh out of that as well. I could not speak for any of those schools but knowing who they have had on their schedules in recent years, Dover and NP bring nothing to the table they have not already seen.