Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-17-19, 10:40 AM
Junior Varsity

scsweeper19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
When a Deer Park player in season says he transferred to a public closed district school because he wanted to play for a coach that is a direct violation of OHSAA policy. It doesnít matter if coach recruited him or if he just walked in the front door of the school- when he said that on TV in an interview he proved he violated the policy.
You could argue that any player that moves into another district or changes from a public to private school is in violation of the OHSAA policy. In my option if you move to any district from say 7th grade on and your child is a promising athlete then you are in volition of the OHSAA policy b/c most decisions from that point on are going to be made with athletics in mind. If my child is a great soccer player and we feel that a move is the best thing for my child, you better believe that if possible we will be moving/choosing a school that has a great program or coach that my child wants to play for. Most parents that say other wise are more then likely not being 100% truth full, yes there are other factors academic/religious, but if all things are the same parents/the child will choose the program with the best program/coach.
Old 04-17-19, 10:51 AM
Freshman

JusticeLeague3 is on a distinguished road
Folks, ALL CATHOLIC SCHOOLS recruit students/players: That's not a myth, it's a fact. They are allowed to per Archdiocese of Cincinnati dropping the boundaries for high school about a decade ago. They are pursuing students from the same pie, Catholic grade schools. Since the change by the archdiocese it's a free for all, and each school has seen successful athletes roll through the doors because of it. OHSAA cant stop it, no matter what rules they put into place, unless they get the public schools only thing passed. Parents are always going to do what they deem best for their child no matter what. In fact, OHSAA rules hamstring the public school districts more so the parochial or private schools. But as private school education becomes more expensive, some of these schools will close. But I bet most of those kids just keep going to private/parochial. JMO.
Old 04-18-19, 09:02 AM
All Ohio

OldSchoolPanther is on a distinguished road
To JL3's point, it really does make no sense that the rule states you can't recruit specifically "for athletic purposes". As he stated, most parents have already set that piece in motion anyway.

Once that happens, the schools will do what it takes to get the student there. If you have a dominant program in any sport, it recruits itself, especially in the day where parents are dead set on finding any avenue to the best education at the lowest cost (high school and college).

For all of the schools that complain about other schools recruiting, it's because ego doesn't allow them to admit that their programs aren't as good, and they use "recruiting" and "cheating" as the excuse.

It works the same way with academics. The most gifted academically seek out the best academic schools, and they are rewarded with financial aid because of their success. Not sure why sports should be any different. Sports can open a lot of doors too.
Old 04-18-19, 01:06 PM
All Ohio

Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolPanther View Post
If you have a dominant program in any sport, it recruits itself, especially in the day where parents are dead set on finding any avenue to the best education at the lowest cost (high school and college).

For all of the schools that complain about other schools recruiting, it's because ego doesn't allow them to admit that their programs aren't as good, and they use "recruiting" and "cheating" as the excuse.
That certainly explains Deer Park, whose dominant basketball program had gone 3-66 before the transfers moved to town. What aspiring basketball talent wouldn't be drawn to that kind of success?
Old 04-18-19, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

That's a solid point, but I was mainly talking about the private Catholic schools where cost is a factor.

Alot harder to convince a great player to go to school for $10,000 when they can go for free UNLESS you've proven it's worth it (state titles, consistent deep runs, AAU connections, college scholarships, college success).
Old 04-18-19, 04:07 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolPanther View Post
That's a solid point, but I was mainly talking about the private Catholic schools where cost is a factor.

Alot harder to convince a great player to go to school for $10,000 when they can go for free UNLESS you've proven it's worth it (state titles, consistent deep runs, AAU connections, college scholarships, college success).
Those athletes are not paying a thing at those private schools.
Old 04-18-19, 04:08 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post

Why is that any of your business?
Old 04-18-19, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
Why is that any of your business?
just responding to the post.

Of course the kid will go to a private school via free ride than a city school with all of its problems.
Old 04-19-19, 07:07 AM
All Region

fisher MAN is on a distinguished road
Vamp, no one believes you were recruited to by Moe lol come on man...

Back to the thread, I wonder if he considered Cov Cath? From what I hear from some of my Cincinnati friends, a handful of kids over the last few years have chose CC over Big Moe.
Old 04-19-19, 09:53 AM
All Ohio

CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher MAN View Post
Vamp, no one believes you were recruited to by Moe lol come on man...

Back to the thread, I wonder if he considered Cov Cath? From what I hear from some of my Cincinnati friends, a handful of kids over the last few years have chose CC over Big Moe.
CovCath has multiple Cincinnati residents on their roster, including their best freshman and best incoming freshman. CJ Fredrick was also a Cincinnati kid.

Note that all of this is well within the rules set forth by KYHSAA.
Old 04-19-19, 10:14 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Prove. It.
Old 04-19-19, 11:05 PM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
I believe that they recruited Vamp. They built it, but he has too much pride to go.
Old 04-21-19, 06:17 AM
Varsity

GPinLV is on a distinguished road
If this kid turns out to be any sort of player, look for Louisville to be involved. Chris Mack played at the University of Evansville with Hupman's father and there's the St. X - Moeller GCL connection as well.
Old 04-21-19, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Prove. It.
Are you denying it?

I don't care either way but do you honestly believe that every athlete that has ever attended Moeller paid the full tuition?

I am pretty old so I have come across those who have attended and even are currently attending and yes they all tell me the same stories.... we will leave it at that. Moe is not the only private school that does it as I also know what CJ will do to land a recruit.....

We all know what these big private schools are about..... simply put.... to keep what they determine as riffraff or undesirables out while keeping the privileged in... that is unless you can shoot a basket, run the ball, or hit a baseball.
Old 04-21-19, 11:30 AM
All Region

fisher MAN is on a distinguished road
Wayne people saying other schools recruit...��come on vamp. You guys had a 3-5 year stretch there where you went after everyone in Dayton
Old 04-21-19, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher MAN View Post
Wayne people saying other schools recruit...��come on vamp. You guys had a 3-5 year stretch there where you went after everyone in Dayton
Wayne is a closed enrollment public school, by law we must take everyone in our district. Yes, we have kids that move in the area just like they move out.

Private schools are not the only one's who recruit... McKinley recruited one of our prospects and their boosters hooked them up. Princeton snagged another one guaranteeing him a starting job. I don't like what has happened in high school sports and I would rather people stay put and schools are made up of home grown talent.... those days are long gone. I got on this discussion when a poster assumed that everyone at Moe pays the full tuition.... that is not the case so the choice of paying 15 grand was not an issue.
Old 04-21-19, 12:41 PM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Wayne is a closed enrollment public school, by law we must take everyone in our district. Yes, we have kids that move in the area just like they move out.

Private schools are not the only one's who recruit... McKinley recruited one of our prospects and their boosters hooked them up. Princeton snagged another one guaranteeing him a starting job. I don't like what has happened in high school sports and I would rather people stay put and schools are made up of home grown talent.... those days are long gone. I got on this discussion when a poster assumed that everyone at Moe pays the full tuition.... that is not the case so the choice of paying 15 grand was not an issue.
They move into district for athletic reason. Stop acting so high and mighty. I’m sure that Weaver kid just all of the sudden moved into Wayne’s District his Sr Yr w/o provocation
Old 04-21-19, 12:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
CovCath has multiple Cincinnati residents on their roster, including their best freshman and best incoming freshman. CJ Fredrick was also a Cincinnati kid.

Note that all of this is well within the rules set forth by KYHSAA.
Thatís correct. I think the best Frosh this Yr has an uncle on staff. However, thereís a few others from an X/Moe Feeder that are heading to CC.
Old 04-21-19, 02:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Thatís correct. I think the best Frosh this Yr has an uncle on staff. However, thereís a few others from an X/Moe Feeder that are heading to CC.
Moeller and X donít really have ďfeedersĒ- all Catholic grade schools are too small, only a handful come from any one elementary school. I believe the most from any Catholic grade school is 10 in the past couple of years. All kids are free to go where they want- assuming they get in and can afford.
Old 04-21-19, 02:29 PM
All World

Quote:
Moeller and X donít really have ďfeedersĒ- all Catholic grade schools are too small, only a handful come from any one elementary school. I believe the most from any Catholic grade school is 10 in the past couple of years. All kids are free to go where they want- assuming they get in and can afford.
Itís IHM, so itís more of an X/McNick school. Regardless, some of the better players are going to Cov Cath.
Old 04-21-19, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
They move into district for athletic reason. Stop acting so high and mighty. Iím sure that Weaver kid just all of the sudden moved into Wayneís District his Sr Yr w/o provocation
I'm sure some do.

Wayne had nothing to do with Weaver, Trotwood threw him under the bus after the state title game, he immediately withdrew from school. This last season Wilcox left Wayne his senior year to attend Trotwood? We get some, we lose some..... anyhow, this is not about Wayne this is about the 7 footer at Moe....
Old 04-21-19, 03:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

We all know what these big private schools are about..... simply put.... to keep what they determine as riffraff or undesirables out while keeping the privileged in... that is unless you can shoot a basket, run the ball, or hit a baseball.
Honestly, I see alot of truth in this. In some cases, they don't even bother with the kids who can shoot a basket, run the ball, or hit a baseball.

There is alot of privilege within the privilege as well. And that's the way they like it because that gives them complete control.
Old 04-21-19, 04:38 PM
All Region

Eagle112 is on a distinguished road
It’s Easter and another Christian Miracle!!!!!!
Old 04-21-19, 05:39 PM
All World

Quote:
I'm sure some do.

Wayne had nothing to do with Weaver, Trotwood threw him under the bus after the state title game, he immediately withdrew from school. This last season Wilcox left Wayne his senior year to attend Trotwood? We get some, we lose some..... anyhow, this is not about Wayne this is about the 7 footer at Moe....
People in glass houses. Iíve got no love for Moeller, but you donít think itís a bit ridiculous to believe Moe drove over 3 hrs to the middle of nowhere to find this kid? Use your head.
Old 04-21-19, 09:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
People in glass houses. Iíve got no love for Moeller, but you donít think itís a bit ridiculous to believe Moe drove over 3 hrs to the middle of nowhere to find this kid? Use your head.
My first response to this thread and Moe getting a 7 footer was "Who cares" I ended with a sarcastic remark about Moe tried to recruit me.....

A poster had posted that why would a family choose to pay 15,000 if this kid was recruited which I stated that not all athletes pay the full tuition at Moe. That statement is 100% true. I also believe I stated on this thread or maybe it was another that why wouldn't a family pick a private school over a public if the tuition was being paid for?

I also have no love for Moe as you probably well know and I will always take my jabs at them as well as my favorite Moe poster in MoeDude.... Moe has and does recruit and I would also throw LaSalle into that mix as well. I am sure that St. X and Elder are not too happy with it. I personally do not care as this is happening all over the state be it private or public / big school or small. I don't like the direction this is all going but it is what it is.
Old 04-21-19, 10:39 PM
All American

The Game
Back to the original post....

Is this kid enrolled in school right now at Moeller or is this all speculation?

Besides height, how skilled is he? I did not see a lot about him on a search.
Old 04-21-19, 10:43 PM
All American

Vamp- how much $ do you think they gave Jaxson Hayes to get him to play hoops at Moeller? You know back when he was a scrawny not even 6’ tall 8th grader? Pretty powerful stuff having enough cash to pay a bunch of players when the school doesn’t even have air conditioning. If I had a nickel for every dad who claims that Moeller was giving their kid a free ride but they turned them down...a couple of them were actually decent players the rest a bunch of wanna be’s.
Old 04-22-19, 07:41 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm sure some do.

That's not exactly true Vamps.....
Old 04-24-19, 02:48 PM
Freshman

GopherHole is on a distinguished road
Heard 7 footer is going to Elder . . . not good enough to play at Moeller.
Old 04-24-19, 02:52 PM
All Ohio

I don't believe you...but we'll take him.