Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-19, 11:14 AM
GTerry GTerry is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-25-05
Posts: 55
GTerry
7 footer to Moeller

My sister teaches at Evansville Day School and their 7 footer is moving to Cincinnati, Noah Hupmann.
Just looked him up, appears he is going to Moeller.
He was not highly skilled from what I have heard, but old Carl down on Montgomery Road might teach him a thing or 2.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-11-19, 11:41 AM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 618
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTerry View Post
My sister teaches at Evansville Day School and their 7 footer is moving to Cincinnati, Noah Hupmann.
Just looked him up, appears he is going to Moeller.
He was not highly skilled from what I have heard, but old Carl down on Montgomery Road might teach him a thing or 2.
He is pretty good or he would not be going to Moeller. I cannot wait to read the comments concerning “Old Carl” taking this kid from nothing to a University of Texas recruit. Old Carl is good, but do not start .........
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-19, 12:23 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,784
America is an unknown quantity at this point
3 peat...?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-19, 02:49 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,738
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
He is pretty good or he would not be going to Moeller. I cannot wait to read the comments concerning “Old Carl” taking this kid from nothing to a University of Texas recruit. Old Carl is good, but do not start .........
Except that kid grew almost entire foot from his Freshman to Sr Yr.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-19, 02:54 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,738
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTerry View Post
My sister teaches at Evansville Day School and their 7 footer is moving to Cincinnati, Noah Hupmann.
Just looked him up, appears he is going to Moeller.
He was not highly skilled from what I have heard, but old Carl down on Montgomery Road might teach him a thing or 2.
He’ll be a Sr, so it will have to be a crash course. Honestly, he looks like he needs to add about 20 lbs of muscle too. He’s awfully thin, but looks to have a freakish wing span.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cou...amp/1935622002
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-19, 04:23 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 1,575
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
If basketball is that important to him (not that it shouldn't be, it's his choice), this is an excellent move.
Day has approx. 80 total students in their high school grades. He just wouldn't be exposed to the type of competition he needs to maximize his potential.
To be fair, Day is an excellent school academically, but so is Moeller.
I see no problem with this choice at all.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-19, 04:26 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,973
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Who cares..... Moeller does what they want and nobody can stop them..... heck, they even tried to recruit me as a poster on Yappi .... their long arm has no boundaries....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-19, 05:20 PM
OldSchoolPanther OldSchoolPanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-18
Posts: 723
OldSchoolPanther is on a distinguished road
I think Moeller realizes even they may be down according to their standards next year. You knew they would find someone like this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-19, 06:32 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,264
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
He’ll be a Sr, so it will have to be a crash course. Honestly, he looks like he needs to add about 20 lbs of muscle too.

Moeller seems to have experience in this regard.
Quote:
Hayes had a dramatic rise in the basketball world. As a 6-foot-7 junior at Moeller he came off the bench for a team that didn't lose until the state final. He averaged 1.1 points and a couple rebounds a game.
NEWS: @Big12Conference Freshman of the Year @hayes_jaxson has declared for the 2019 @NBADraft & will hire an agent. #HookEm
By the next season, he had sprouted to 6-11 and was on everyone's radar, including Shaka Smart's at Texas. Hayes averaged 12.2 points and 7.1 rebounds for the Crusaders leading them to the 2018 state title.
and if works out even remotely for the new kid, he's prototype for Painter at Purdue, who loves developing the post. Either way, the competition change will better acclimate him to any next level.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-19, 06:53 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,738
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Moeller seems to have experience in this regard.
and if works out even remotely for the new kid, he's prototype for Painter at Purdue, who loves developing the post. Either way, the competition change will better acclimate him to any next level.
We’ll see. Hayes already had a solid physical build and was more agile. Anyone who lifts weights knows it’s easier for guys with shorter limbs to add muscle bc the range of motion is smaller and more compact. Those long willowy arms aren’t going to e easy to tone and he’ll absolutely need to add muscle when he’ll mostly be posted up against Football players from the other GCL Schools.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-11-19, 07:00 PM
I love cheeseburgers I love cheeseburgers is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-11-19
Posts: 45
I love cheeseburgers is on a distinguished road
I'm shocked that another tremendous talent just happened to migrate to moeller. What are the odds? It's like they recruit them or something.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-19, 07:07 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,738
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love cheeseburgers View Post
I'm shocked that another tremendous talent just happened to migrate to moeller. What are the odds? It's like they recruit them or something.
It’s not like he’s local. I doubt they scour the entire Midwest for talent. This is a case of a program’s best recruiting tool being their success.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-19, 08:10 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,290
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Moeller's going to be freakishly huge in the post with this kid and Duncomb.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-19, 08:32 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,738
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Moeller's going to be freakishly huge in the post with this kid and Duncomb.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The Williams kid is also going to be a force. He might not get to be 7 ft tall, but you can tell he’s a true Power Forward.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-19, 08:27 AM
ThePrepGuru ThePrepGuru is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-30-18
Posts: 85
ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Who cares..... Moeller does what they want and nobody can stop them..... heck, they even tried to recruit me as a poster on Yappi .... their long arm has no boundaries....
This is obviously not true. If Moeller had recruited you, your profile name would be vamp2Moe and you'd be in church saying Hail Mary's in between Yappi posts.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-19, 08:38 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,870
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
If the kid is moving because his parents got a job transfer I see nothing wrong with this, Moeller is the obvious choice. If they are moving for HS basketball, not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-12-19, 09:50 AM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,997
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolPanther View Post
I think Moeller realizes even they may be down according to their standards next year. You knew they would find someone like this.
Ya, it appears their time spend driving around the streets of Evansville looking for a 17 year old, 7 footer has paid huge dividends.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-19, 09:52 AM
GTerry GTerry is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-25-05
Posts: 55
GTerry
Yeah this is definitely a move because of a new job.
When is the last time there was a kid 7-1 playing in this area?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-12-19, 11:26 AM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 618
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Who cares..... Moeller does what they want and nobody can stop them..... heck, they even tried to recruit me as a poster on Yappi .... their long arm has no boundaries....
Lol lol bwahaha
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-12-19, 03:03 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,973
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
This is obviously not true. If Moeller had recruited you, your profile name would be vamp2Moe and you'd be in church saying Hail Mary's in between Yappi posts.
oh they tried......
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-12-19, 04:30 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 832
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
One of my closest friends is ND Kendrick who runs the top AAU program and does a scouting service plus provides other prospect exposure opportunities in Evansville. He called me about a month ago and said there was a big kid moving to Cincinnati from Evansville area. He told me the kid planned to visit several schools before making a decision. To say Moeller recruited this kid (if he even does in fact enroll at Moeller) is a complete lie.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-12-19, 04:34 PM
OldSchoolPanther OldSchoolPanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-18
Posts: 723
OldSchoolPanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Ya, it appears their time spend driving around the streets of Evansville looking for a 17 year old, 7 footer has paid huge dividends.
Calm down there buddy. I wasn't implying they did anything wrong.

I have a ton of respect for Moe's program.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-12-19, 04:35 PM
OldSchoolPanther OldSchoolPanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-18
Posts: 723
OldSchoolPanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
One of my closest friends is ND Kendrick who runs the top AAU program and does a scouting service plus provides other prospect exposure opportunities in Evansville. He called me about a month ago and said there was a big kid moving to Cincinnati from Evansville area. He told me the kid planned to visit several schools before making a decision. To say Moeller recruited this kid (if he even does in fact enroll at Moeller) is a complete lie.
What other schools is/was he considering?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-19, 07:08 AM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 2,273
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
One of my closest friends is ND Kendrick who runs the top AAU program and does a scouting service plus provides other prospect exposure opportunities in Evansville. He called me about a month ago and said there was a big kid moving to Cincinnati from Evansville area. He told me the kid planned to visit several schools before making a decision. To say Moeller recruited this kid (if he even does in fact enroll at Moeller) is a complete lie.
Exactly Corey! It’s alway the same recruiting nonsense from people who have “heard something”. Had the same bs said about one of my kids- we had zero contact with the coaches until open house, but their reputation for this new to the area family drew us there. Why wouldn’t you send your basketball playing kid to Moeller? Go watch a practice and you will get it. It’s a top-notch, college level experience.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-19, 11:09 AM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 3,439
D4fan is on a distinguished road
I know it's just one picture, but personally didn't think he was that thin for a 7 ft sophomore. He must be relative agile to average 6.5 blocks per game.


As others on here have pointed out , looks to be more of a case of him finding them than the other way around. If he is just a walk on it saves a scholly for a more deserving local.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-16-19, 12:57 PM
Vike16 Vike16 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-08-15
Posts: 932
Vike16 is on a distinguished road
We all know if this kid was looking at Deer Park or Princeton most of you would say it has to be recruiting. But hey if the kid's family just wants to move to Cincinnati and have their son play at Moeller so be it
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-19, 03:50 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 2,273
Kballer is on a distinguished road
When a Deer Park player in season says he transferred to a public closed district school because he wanted to play for a coach that is a direct violation of OHSAA policy. It doesn’t matter if coach recruited him or if he just walked in the front door of the school- when he said that on TV in an interview he proved he violated the policy.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-16-19, 09:31 PM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 28,702
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Who cares..... Moeller does what they want and nobody can stop them..... heck, they even tried to recruit me as a poster on Yappi .... their long arm has no boundaries....
One of these day's you'll come around and see the light and understand What Gold Can Do For You! GBM
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-16-19, 09:34 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,738
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
I know it's just one picture, but personally didn't think he was that thin for a 7 ft sophomore. He must be relative agile to average 6.5 blocks per game.


As others on here have pointed out , looks to be more of a case of him finding them than the other way around. If he is just a walk on it saves a scholly for a more deserving local.
He was listed a Jr in the article I read, meaning he’ll be a Sr next Yr.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-16-19, 09:37 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,738
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
We all know if this kid was looking at Deer Park or Princeton most of you would say it has to be recruiting. But hey if the kid's family just wants to move to Cincinnati and have their son play at Moeller so be it
Not really. His family is moving here for non b-ball reasons, but if he’s also a good b-ball player, I’m not surprised he picked Moeller. That’s just a case of success being it’s own recruiting tool. If he transferred from a local school to Moeller, that would raise more suspicions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History of Baseball State Championships (1928-2018) Yappi Baseball 37 05-06-19 07:56 AM
GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2013-2018 Pope Francis 1 Football 480 11-20-18 12:28 PM
Week 7: Elder @ Moeller Rush Limbaugh Elder Panthers 79 10-07-18 05:14 PM
Springboro v Carroll dad1 Boys Soccer 18 09-25-18 12:54 AM
GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2017 Unofficial Thread Pope Francis 1 Football 483 11-11-17 07:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz