Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-11-19, 11:14 AM
Varsity

GTerry
7 footer to Moeller

My sister teaches at Evansville Day School and their 7 footer is moving to Cincinnati, Noah Hupmann.
Just looked him up, appears he is going to Moeller.
He was not highly skilled from what I have heard, but old Carl down on Montgomery Road might teach him a thing or 2.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-19, 11:41 AM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTerry View Post
My sister teaches at Evansville Day School and their 7 footer is moving to Cincinnati, Noah Hupmann.
He was not highly skilled from what I have heard, but old Carl down on Montgomery Road might teach him a thing or 2.
He is pretty good or he would not be going to Moeller. I cannot wait to read the comments concerning “Old Carl” taking this kid from nothing to a University of Texas recruit. Old Carl is good, but do not start .........
Old 04-11-19, 12:23 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
3 peat...?
Old 04-11-19, 02:49 PM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
He is pretty good or he would not be going to Moeller. I cannot wait to read the comments concerning “Old Carl” taking this kid from nothing to a University of Texas recruit. Old Carl is good, but do not start .........
Except that kid grew almost entire foot from his Freshman to Sr Yr.
Old 04-11-19, 02:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTerry View Post
He’ll be a Sr, so it will have to be a crash course. Honestly, he looks like he needs to add about 20 lbs of muscle too. He’s awfully thin, but looks to have a freakish wing span.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cou...amp/1935622002
Old 04-11-19, 04:23 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
If basketball is that important to him (not that it shouldn't be, it's his choice), this is an excellent move.
Day has approx. 80 total students in their high school grades. He just wouldn't be exposed to the type of competition he needs to maximize his potential.
To be fair, Day is an excellent school academically, but so is Moeller.
I see no problem with this choice at all.
Old 04-11-19, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Who cares..... Moeller does what they want and nobody can stop them..... heck, they even tried to recruit me as a poster on Yappi .... their long arm has no boundaries....
Old 04-11-19, 05:20 PM
All Ohio

OldSchoolPanther is on a distinguished road
I think Moeller realizes even they may be down according to their standards next year. You knew they would find someone like this.
Old 04-11-19, 06:32 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
He’ll be a Sr, so it will have to be a crash course. Honestly, he looks like he needs to add about 20 lbs of muscle too.

Moeller seems to have experience in this regard.
Quote:
Hayes had a dramatic rise in the basketball world. As a 6-foot-7 junior at Moeller he came off the bench for a team that didn't lose until the state final. He averaged 1.1 points and a couple rebounds a game.
NEWS: @Big12Conference Freshman of the Year @hayes_jaxson has declared for the 2019 @NBADraft & will hire an agent. #HookEm
By the next season, he had sprouted to 6-11 and was on everyone's radar, including Shaka Smart's at Texas. Hayes averaged 12.2 points and 7.1 rebounds for the Crusaders leading them to the 2018 state title.
and if works out even remotely for the new kid, he's prototype for Painter at Purdue, who loves developing the post. Either way, the competition change will better acclimate him to any next level.
Old 04-11-19, 06:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Moeller seems to have experience in this regard.
and if works out even remotely for the new kid, he's prototype for Painter at Purdue, who loves developing the post. Either way, the competition change will better acclimate him to any next level.
We’ll see. Hayes already had a solid physical build and was more agile. Anyone who lifts weights knows it’s easier for guys with shorter limbs to add muscle bc the range of motion is smaller and more compact. Those long willowy arms aren’t going to e easy to tone and he’ll absolutely need to add muscle when he’ll mostly be posted up against Football players from the other GCL Schools.
Old 04-11-19, 07:00 PM
Junior Varsity

I love cheeseburgers is on a distinguished road
I'm shocked that another tremendous talent just happened to migrate to moeller. What are the odds? It's like they recruit them or something.
Old 04-11-19, 07:07 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love cheeseburgers View Post
I'm shocked that another tremendous talent just happened to migrate to moeller. What are the odds? It's like they recruit them or something.
It’s not like he’s local. I doubt they scour the entire Midwest for talent. This is a case of a program’s best recruiting tool being their success.
Old 04-11-19, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Moeller's going to be freakishly huge in the post with this kid and Duncomb.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-19, 08:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Moeller's going to be freakishly huge in the post with this kid and Duncomb.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The Williams kid is also going to be a force. He might not get to be 7 ft tall, but you can tell he’s a true Power Forward.
Old 04-12-19, 08:27 AM
Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Who cares..... Moeller does what they want and nobody can stop them..... heck, they even tried to recruit me as a poster on Yappi .... their long arm has no boundaries....
This is obviously not true. If Moeller had recruited you, your profile name would be vamp2Moe and you'd be in church saying Hail Mary's in between Yappi posts.
Old 04-12-19, 08:38 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
If the kid is moving because his parents got a job transfer I see nothing wrong with this, Moeller is the obvious choice. If they are moving for HS basketball, not so much.
Old 04-12-19, 09:50 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolPanther View Post
I think Moeller realizes even they may be down according to their standards next year. You knew they would find someone like this.
Ya, it appears their time spend driving around the streets of Evansville looking for a 17 year old, 7 footer has paid huge dividends.
Old 04-12-19, 09:52 AM
Varsity

GTerry
Yeah this is definitely a move because of a new job.
When is the last time there was a kid 7-1 playing in this area?
Old 04-12-19, 11:26 AM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol lol bwahaha
Old 04-12-19, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
This is obviously not true. If Moeller had recruited you, your profile name would be vamp2Moe and you'd be in church saying Hail Mary's in between Yappi posts.
oh they tried......
Old 04-12-19, 04:30 PM
All Ohio

CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
One of my closest friends is ND Kendrick who runs the top AAU program and does a scouting service plus provides other prospect exposure opportunities in Evansville. He called me about a month ago and said there was a big kid moving to Cincinnati from Evansville area. He told me the kid planned to visit several schools before making a decision. To say Moeller recruited this kid (if he even does in fact enroll at Moeller) is a complete lie.
Old 04-12-19, 04:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Ya, it appears their time spend driving around the streets of Evansville looking for a 17 year old, 7 footer has paid huge dividends.
Calm down there buddy. I wasn't implying they did anything wrong.

I have a ton of respect for Moe's program.
Old 04-12-19, 04:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
One of my closest friends is ND Kendrick who runs the top AAU program and does a scouting service plus provides other prospect exposure opportunities in Evansville. He called me about a month ago and said there was a big kid moving to Cincinnati from Evansville area. He told me the kid planned to visit several schools before making a decision. To say Moeller recruited this kid (if he even does in fact enroll at Moeller) is a complete lie.
What other schools is/was he considering?
Old 04-16-19, 07:08 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
Exactly Corey! It’s alway the same recruiting nonsense from people who have “heard something”. Had the same bs said about one of my kids- we had zero contact with the coaches until open house, but their reputation for this new to the area family drew us there. Why wouldn’t you send your basketball playing kid to Moeller? Go watch a practice and you will get it. It’s a top-notch, college level experience.
Old 04-16-19, 11:09 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
I know it's just one picture, but personally didn't think he was that thin for a 7 ft sophomore. He must be relative agile to average 6.5 blocks per game.

As others on here have pointed out , looks to be more of a case of him finding them than the other way around. If he is just a walk on it saves a scholly for a more deserving local.
Old 04-16-19, 12:57 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
We all know if this kid was looking at Deer Park or Princeton most of you would say it has to be recruiting. But hey if the kid's family just wants to move to Cincinnati and have their son play at Moeller so be it
Old 04-16-19, 03:50 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
When a Deer Park player in season says he transferred to a public closed district school because he wanted to play for a coach that is a direct violation of OHSAA policy. It doesn’t matter if coach recruited him or if he just walked in the front door of the school- when he said that on TV in an interview he proved he violated the policy.
Old 04-16-19, 09:31 PM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One of these day's you'll come around and see the light and understand What Gold Can Do For You! GBM
Old 04-16-19, 09:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
I know it's just one picture, but personally didn't think he was that thin for a 7 ft sophomore. He must be relative agile to average 6.5 blocks per game.

As others on here have pointed out , looks to be more of a case of him finding them than the other way around. If he is just a walk on it saves a scholly for a more deserving local.
He was listed a Jr in the article I read, meaning he’ll be a Sr next Yr.
Old 04-16-19, 09:37 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
We all know if this kid was looking at Deer Park or Princeton most of you would say it has to be recruiting. But hey if the kid's family just wants to move to Cincinnati and have their son play at Moeller so be it
Not really. His family is moving here for non b-ball reasons, but if he’s also a good b-ball player, I’m not surprised he picked Moeller. That’s just a case of success being it’s own recruiting tool. If he transferred from a local school to Moeller, that would raise more suspicions.