Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-23-19, 09:32 AM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Rockhold isn't a good coach. He's a clown and idiot. I don't know how someone like him can get so many technicals when's he blowing out everyone by 40. If Trotwood had to play Wayne, Centerville, Fairmont, Springfield 2x a year, they would lose a couple of them and be way more challenged. Centerville can definitely slow them down. Not taking credit away from Twood being really good the last couple of years. He's had brilliant talent and that's it. Plus he likes being DII. If he was at a D1 school, he wouldn't get past a sectional final at Creek or Fairmont.
His kids play really hard. All the other stuff aside, that is proably #1 on the coaching list.

Trotwood would have no problem getting out of sectionals every year in D1. Is that Rockhold or the talent. Idk. But saying the man cant coach is wrong. Saying he might be to hard refs or loud or poor sport running it up and all that has merit, but that is diff than coaching your boys.
Old 04-23-19, 09:35 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Come on man. You are not that naive...You know what is meant by that comment. Don't Play dumb.

In a lot of these situations... Not All! But a lot. Mommy and Daddy run the program, if you don't have a very strong coach, in these more affluent communities. It's a club and if you or some other parents don't "fit" the club, your kid might not play or the coach might catch hell until he finds somewhere else to work.

That is an element that in the "urban" environment you don't have as much. Why.., well because unfortunately a lot of parents are just not as involved.
Parents and fans may be crazy for other reasons but most of the time it is not for control of the program. Oh and it's just not basketball... Baseball, Hockey, Cheer, Dance, Band... The mob that some of these programs bring with them in affluent communities is real. Let's not be silly and act like it's not real. Hopefully that helps you get "unstuck". For a coach like Rockhold it would be the less of two evils!!
This is sad, but true.
Old 04-23-19, 09:43 AM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Rockhold isn't a good coach. He's a clown and idiot. I don't know how someone like him can get so many technicals when's he blowing out everyone by 40. If Trotwood had to play Wayne, Centerville, Fairmont, Springfield 2x a year, they would lose a couple of them and be way more challenged. Centerville can definitely slow them down. Not taking credit away from Twood being really good the last couple of years. He's had brilliant talent and that's it. Plus he likes being DII. If he was at a D1 school, he wouldn't get past a sectional final at Creek or Fairmont.
He made it to the state and beat Lasalle, Wayne and Moellar and they were all state ranked in DI and Moe was ranked in the nation. Each one of those teams was more talented. Lasalle had 2 DI kids, Wayne had 4 and Moe had 3 or 4. Trotwood had 1. Stop it it.. He has not had all this amazing talent. He has tough kids and a great system. Would they be more challenged on the other side of the conference, yup! And it would happen this year but look at their record over the past 10 years vs. all those teams and get back with me. Plus look at his record vs. Big Moe over the last 10 as well. This all this talent argument is so silly. Give the dude credit where credit is due. His system and his ability to get the best out of those kids is what makes it happen.

Anyway. Rockhold is not a good fit for Bcreek. They should get a young up and comer that has fire and energy, can relate to this new kids and deal with these parents. Good luck finding that cat!
Old 04-23-19, 09:57 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Why are you confused? You killed me when I was happy with Vandalia going 19-3.

But then you get wet in the pants about Dunbar having a good record?

I get your a super DPS and Trootwood fan boy, but try to at least be consistent. You should have said Dunbar is awful since they did not get out of regional like you and your sidekick member1 where saying to me about Butlers year.
side kick... We just don't agree with you all the time yack man.. It's all good.
Old 04-23-19, 09:58 AM
All American

Quote:
His kids play really hard. All the other stuff aside, that is proably #1 on the coaching list.

Trotwood would have no problem getting out of sectionals every year in D1. Is that Rockhold or the talent. Idk. But saying the man cant coach is wrong. Saying he might be to hard refs or loud or poor sport running it up and all that has merit, but that is diff than coaching your boys.
See... We agree on this point totally. I love the yap!
Old 04-23-19, 10:06 AM
All American

Quote:
This is sad, but true.
We agree twice on the same post. Uh oh!! We are on a roll! Batman and robin!

Anyway, I know a program south of town that has Tryouts for a 5th grade elite team... The dad's all have the same haircut and the same cool jackets the walk around and where to functions around the basketball circuit. It is so cool/weird!!!(sarcasm) It's a club and if you don't fit your 5th grade is not elite!!! Crazy!
Old 04-23-19, 10:32 AM
All Region

strickly_layups is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Come on man. You are not that naive...You know what is meant by that comment. Don't Play dumb.

In a lot of these situations... Not All! But a lot. Mommy and Daddy run the program, if you don't have a very strong coach, in these more affluent communities. It's a club and if you or some other parents don't "fit" the club, your kid might not play or the coach might catch hell until he finds somewhere else to work.

That is an element that in the "urban" environment you don't have as much. Why.., well because unfortunately a lot of parents are just not as involved.
Parents and fans may be crazy for other reasons but most of the time it is not for control of the program. Oh and it's just not basketball... Baseball, Hockey, Cheer, Dance, Band... The mob that some of these programs bring with them in affluent communities is real. Let's not be silly and act like it's not real. Hopefully that helps you get "unstuck". For a coach like Rockhold it would be the less of two evils!!
Now that you explain it like this, I have no problem with your point!
Old 04-23-19, 10:35 AM
All Region

Quote:
He made it to the state and beat Lasalle, Wayne and Moellar and they were all state ranked in DI and Moe was ranked in the nation. Each one of those teams was more talented. Lasalle had 2 DI kids, Wayne had 4 and Moe had 3 or 4. Trotwood had 1. Stop it it.. He has not had all this amazing talent. He has tough kids and a great system. Would they be more challenged on the other side of the conference, yup! And it would happen this year but look at their record over the past 10 years vs. all those teams and get back with me. Plus look at his record vs. Big Moe over the last 10 as well. This all this talent argument is so silly. Give the dude credit where credit is due. His system and his ability to get the best out of those kids is what makes it happen.

Anyway. Rockhold is not a good fit for Bcreek. They should get a young up and comer that has fire and energy, can relate to this new kids and deal with these parents. Good luck finding that cat!
What he said!!!!!
Old 04-23-19, 11:27 AM
All American

Quote:
We agree twice on the same post. Uh oh!! We are on a roll! Batman and robin!

Anyway, I know a program south of town that has Tryouts for a 5th grade elite team... The dad's all have the same haircut and the same cool jackets the walk around and where to functions around the basketball circuit. It is so cool/weird!!!(sarcasm) It's a club and if you don't fit your 5th grade is not elite!!! Crazy!
Ha. More like Bane and Joker. The lower level youth basketball scenes are really really weird. Its actually better the higher you go (Elite, national type things). The middle levels (regional/Local) are a train wreck.
Old 04-23-19, 01:27 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I get your a super DPS and Trootwood fan boy, but try to at least be consistent. You should have said Dunbar is awful since they did not get out of regional like you and your sidekick member1 where saying to me about Butlers year.
You miss the whole point dude, plus Dunbar hasn't been to the regionals in 7 years and his point is completely different and I'm not a Dunbar homer I really could care less I speak facts regardless of who it is.
Old 04-23-19, 01:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Ha. More like Bane and Joker. The lower level youth basketball scenes are really really weird. Its actually better the higher you go (Elite, national type things). The middle levels (regional/Local) are a train wreck.
What I am saying, is that you got a group of dads and moms with jackets and shirts walking around calling their 5th grade kids elite and you kinda gotta be buddies with them to be in the club. It's not about getting better or giving kids an opportunity to play its seems like a bunch of folks with money walking around letting folks know, "We run this". It ties into my point about Rockhold.
Does he want to deal with that or stick with the "urban" scene where the Parent involvement, well in this case, over-involvement is just not on that type of irrational level.
Old 04-24-19, 06:23 AM
All American

Quote:

Listen dude the point is Dunbar still had a good season after Pullen left!After the poster said Dunbar's been "horrible since Pullen left." Read the thread through and you'll follow instead of still being in your feelings over 2-month old post!
Old 04-24-19, 06:29 AM
All American

Congrats to coach Pitt!
Old 04-24-19, 06:41 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Great hire
Old 04-24-19, 07:22 AM
All American

If Pitt, is Steve Pitman former Bcreek and UD player. I would say! Homerun for the district! Great Fit! Good luck.
Old 04-24-19, 07:27 AM
All American

yes that's him
Old 04-24-19, 07:51 AM
All Region

Congrats to coach Pitt
Old 04-24-19, 09:34 AM
All American

Always great to have alumni leading the team. And D1 experience as player and seems to be a lot of coaching experience. Hard to do better than that. Congrats and good luck Beavercreek.
Old 04-24-19, 10:20 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
What is his coaching experience?
Old 04-24-19, 12:41 PM
All American

He has plenty of experience. He was Hoskins' top assistant at Thurgood during the state runs, then was head coach at Ponitz and last year was an assistant at Middletown under Hoskins again. He's a veteran coach that finally has the oppurtunity to coach at his alma mater which is what he's wanted to do for years. I'm sure he can do no worse than the coaches that preceded him.
Old 04-24-19, 12:43 PM
All District

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
Quote:

There's something to be said for NOT messing up a good team.
Old 04-24-19, 12:47 PM
All District

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Coach Pittman. Welcome home.
Old 04-24-19, 01:26 PM
All World

User13 is on a distinguished road
Looks like a good hire to me!!
Old 04-24-19, 02:33 PM
All Region

Yuckmouth is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Coach, great hire!
Old 04-24-19, 06:34 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
He has plenty of experience. He was Hoskins' top assistant at Thurgood during the state runs, then was head coach at Ponitz and last year was an assistant at Middletown under Hoskins again. He's a veteran coach that finally has the oppurtunity to coach at his alma mater which is what he's wanted to do for years. I'm sure he can do no worse than the coaches that preceded him.
Thank you! Sounds like a deserving guy!
Old 04-24-19, 07:25 PM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
Pitt is good guy and I wish him well, but Creek will be trying to fill this position again in a couple of seasons Iím afraid. I hope Iím wrong.
Old 04-25-19, 06:04 AM
All American

Hmmmmmm........
Old 04-25-19, 08:57 AM
Freshman

melvin dale is on a distinguished road
Disappointed

I am agreement with Looseball. I know Steve Pittman well and he is a nice man but he is not a head basketball coach. I have seen him coach in AAU and as junior hi coach and the last couple of years at Ponitz.
The worde is that Steve was the third or fourth choice for the job. The first choice some members of the board shot down. That guy was a big name coach., figures we can not seem to get out of our own way. My son will now play for a guy who is much less qualified and much less experienced than the guy we fired. Pittman was 25-20 at Ponitz and quit or was fired I don't know which after two seasons. Administrators once again foul up the obvious
Old 04-25-19, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin dale View Post
I am agreement with Looseball. I know Steve Pittman well and he is a nice man but he is not a head basketball coach. I have seen him coach in AAU and as junior hi coach and the last couple of years at Ponitz.
The worde is that Steve was the third or fourth choice for the job. The first choice some members of the board shot down. That guy was a big name coach., figures we can not seem to get out of our own way. My son will now play for a guy who is much less qualified and much less experienced than the guy we fired. Pittman was 25-20 at Ponitz and quit or was fired I don't know which after two seasons. Administrators once again foul up the obvious
If your son really is on the Creek team I can assure you that you're part of the problem. I can't believe someone with a son on the team would post on a board about a new hire not being deserving. If I was Coach Pitt I would make sure I found out who you were and cut out the cancer.
Old 04-25-19, 09:56 AM
All Region

Yuckmouth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin dale View Post
High character guy, good man, very experienced coach. Hasnít coached Aau or Junior high has to be over 10-15 years ago. Iíd like to think heís grown since he Transformed Ponitz first season with 16 or 17 first season wins lost top 4 scorers. Won last 10 of 12 games season two working to develop the talent he had. Iíve heard He stepped away for personal reasons ultimately thatís his business how you present ďfactsĒ matter.