Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-19-19, 09:57 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Rockhold!?

I'll believe it when I see it. For starters, I can't believe he'd give any consideration to leaving Trotwood, let alone for Beavercreek in it's current state. Secondly, if I recall correctly he's a non-teacher. I'd be shocked if a school like Beavercreek hired a non-teacher as their boys' basketball coach, no matter how good his resume is.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-19, 10:00 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Not a chance he leaves Trotwood as a non-teacher. If he were a teacher that's another story. He isn't going to the Creek.
Old 04-19-19, 10:49 AM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmanship 101 View Post
Caras the principal is the search committee. He is fixiated on Rocky Rockhold the Trotwood Coach. Rockhold has won lots of games but has beaten fellow league members so badly that the GWOC schools forced to play Trotwood have bolted the league. He pressed weak teams from bell to bell. Here are a collection of this years scores only.
West Carrolton 133-50 record 6-17
Stebbins 101-49 record 6-17
Piqua 109-41 record 7-16
Greenville 138-48 record 0-23
Troy 112-58 record 10-13
Northmont 107-79 record 7-16
Fairborn 105-62 record 14-9
Tipp 104-56 record 7-16
West Carrolton 131-70 record 6-17
Xenia 113-89 record 10-13
Bellfontaine 87-22 don't know
Meadowdale 95-38 losing record
Northridge 92-44don't know
\Greenville 83-38 record 0-23
How do you Hess a man of character and put this in charge, I thought you were supposed to be an educator.
Whoa! Kemosabee!! So much here. First off Rockhold just won a state championship. That's more than a few games??? Second, to question his character because his team scores a hundred points is horrible. Rockhold has to have some sort of character to get kids like his play out of their minds for him. He may have had some issues in the past like a lot of folks but to get the Trotwood kids to buy in speaks volumes to what he is doing. Now the scores, well you can look at that a couple of ways, get better or leave. We know what those other schools did. They Left.

That is how they play whistle to whistle, it's their identity and in most of those games the starters were out and JV and Freshmen were in playing hard. You have to see it to understand.
Next Northridge was a regional final, Meadowale was a sectional final those teams were not "weak" and Trotwood was playing their game.

Karas is right to come after Rockhold because he is the best coach in the area... Will he leave, Karas will have to throw tons of money at him because the talent pool will not be close but it is closer to his home town, and maybe a little less stress than dealing with a yearly contender. But dealing with mommy and daddy may be the real reason he stays away from Beavercreek.
Old 04-19-19, 12:52 PM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
I see Fairmont job is open now too...
Old 04-19-19, 02:00 PM
All American

Rockhold may be intrigued by these big D one jobs.

Fairmont would have better facilities but Trotwood has some great ones and they both blow Beavercreek away.

Not having to deal with the "Urban" kid and some of the plight that comes with that. But as we have seen if you those kids to buy in you can win it all.

Maybe more money?? Who knows how that will play out, you almost have to get him in the building an create some trumped up position to pay him, otherwise he gets the board approved pay for coaches at whatever step correct? School folks help on this one?

Closer to home??

As I stated in a previous post one of the pittfalls may be the mommy's and daddy's he may have to deal with. The ones that pay for all the gear and all the personal trainers and they expect to be stars and be playing. Don't have to deal with all that at Trotwood. Got some goofy parents and fans but not on that level. My thoughts.....
Old 04-19-19, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Without a doubt IMO you'd have to create some type of job to pay the man.

After being in his current situation for a while I wouldn't think he'd want to deal with suburban parents. That would definitely be a major change. As far as have stresses from running a juggernaut at Trotwood, I think you'd find even bigger parental/community stresses in suburbia if it's your 3rd or 4th year and the program is average or worse.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-19, 08:14 PM
Junior Varsity

bobcat44 is on a distinguished road
No way Rockhold takes this job...he has Trotwood competing for state titles annually. Why leave that? I’m sure Beavercreek wants him, who doesn’t haha
Old 04-19-19, 08:59 PM
All Ohio

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
So Beavercreek still hasnít hired a coach a month later? I canít imagine many good coaches are still available. Itís almost May.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-19, 10:45 PM
All Region

1 time is on a distinguished road
The good coaches will stay where they have some job security and stability. They don’t want to deal with parents and the splineless at a lot of these schools.
Old 04-20-19, 02:04 AM
All Region

Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
Has Donnie Tate been mentioned for the job? This late in the game it makes sense to go after him especially being a current teacher in the district and Beavercreek alum.
Old 04-20-19, 07:03 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Pat Kreke?? Anyone? Anyone?
Old 04-20-19, 09:48 AM
Freshman

sportsmanship 101 is on a distinguished road
Try to follow this Member 1

Trotwood went into a league with West Carrolton, Stebbins, Xenia and Fairborn. They played 2 games a year and 6 in three years

The 24 games these teams played resulted in a record of 24 wins for Trotwood 0 wins for the rest of the league.

In the 24 games Trotwood scored 2498 points the league schools scored a total 1369 aganist them.

The average margin of victory for these 24 games was 57 points a game

Trotwood scored over 100 points in 14 of the 24 games

When this ended these schools joined with Troy, Sidney, Piqua, Greenville, Butler and Tipp to form a new league without Trotwood

I am an official and I officiated several of these blowouts, they were unnecessary and they humiliated and hurt the kids on these teams
Kemosabe
Old 04-20-19, 09:57 AM
Freshman

sportsmanship 101 is on a distinguished road
Some additional thoughts for the arcane rumor mill that is Yappi.
Rockhold was fired 2008 mid-season at greenview for player abuse. look it up

in 2018 Rockhold was ejected for arguing calls in a tournament game he won by 53 points and served a 2 game suspension.

Kerke to Badin thats right mark it down.

Get off the Donnie Tate thing he works there but as a coach at Bellbrook in his first head job he is 26-43 for a .377% he better be a lot more successful than the guy he replaces. Hess who had essentially the same record. Ask Donnie about a good player quitting because he did not want to bear crawl in practice.

Does Caras involved in a fire rehire mess sound familiar, look up Jim Brown firing Colin Ables hiring and Caras problems with Browns lawyers.
Old 04-20-19, 09:58 AM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Kreke May go to Badin as an Asst coach, but not as the head coach.
Old 04-20-19, 04:27 PM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Some additional thoughts for the arcane rumor mill that is Yappi.
Rockhold was fired 2008 mid-season at greenview for player abuse. look it up

in 2018 Rockhold was ejected for arguing calls in a tournament game he won by 53 points and served a 2 game suspension.

Kerke to Badin thats right mark it down.

Get off the Donnie Tate thing he works there but as a coach at Bellbrook in his first head job he is 26-43 for a .377% he better be a lot more successful than the guy he replaces. Hess who had essentially the same record. Ask Donnie about a good player quitting because he did not want to bear crawl in practice.

Does Caras involved in a fire rehire mess sound familiar, look up Jim Brown firing Colin Ables hiring and Caras problems with Browns lawyers.

Have you been talking to Member 1 and Melvin dale?
Old 04-21-19, 01:49 AM
All District

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
moving forward, this should be an interesting read
Old 04-22-19, 07:09 AM
All American

Quote:
Trotwood went into a league with West Carrolton, Stebbins, Xenia and Fairborn. They played 2 games a year and 6 in three years

The 24 games these teams played resulted in a record of 24 wins for Trotwood 0 wins for the rest of the league.

In the 24 games Trotwood scored 2498 points the league schools scored a total 1369 aganist them.

The average margin of victory for these 24 games was 57 points a game

Trotwood scored over 100 points in 14 of the 24 games

When this ended these schools joined with Troy, Sidney, Piqua, Greenville, Butler and Tipp to form a new league without Trotwood

I am an official and I officiated several of these blowouts, they were unnecessary and they humiliated and hurt the kids on these teams
Kemosabe

Trotwood was forced into that division and did what they had to do. Pull the gas up and you get a team that was not ready for the tourney. It was evident that the whistle to whistle play worked in the championship game. As the Rams keep coming and Columbus South wore down. If they take the foot off the gas for half the season they lose that game because they are not ready. Sitting your starters the entire 4th quarter is mercy in my eyes. If my number 2s are just that much better?? What the hell else do you do? Where was all this love for mercy win Trotwood was getting mangled in football several years back and still today in sports like baseball? Were you screaming for some of those teams to let up.

Yes Rockhold was removed several years ago at Greenview. If you know the real story then you would see his coaching style has not change much, the kids have.

Yes he was ejected before a playoff game last year. If you were a coach and the refs were letting the other team tackle your kids claiming they were just being physical you would have been mad too. The tech maybe a little much but I was at that game and somebody was going to get hurt. That is why he was still going at the refs.

Please say what you would like to try and convince whomever not to hire Rockhold at Beavercreek. I am sure he will be just fine.
Old 04-22-19, 07:24 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs1717 View Post
I did miss your point. For some reason, I thought Dunbar's record was not nearly that good. Dunbar is always going to have some talent but to lose all of the guys they did and put up that kind of record, that is impressive. Thanks for the correction, I hate sharing inaccurate information.
No problem and you are correct Dunbar will always have talent.
Old 04-22-19, 07:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Whoa! Kemosabee!! So much here. First off Rockhold just won a state championship. That's more than a few games??? Second, to question his character because his team scores a hundred points is horrible. Rockhold has to have some sort of character to get kids like his play out of their minds for him. He may have had some issues in the past like a lot of folks but to get the Trotwood kids to buy in speaks volumes to what he is doing. Now the scores, well you can look at that a couple of ways, get better or leave. We know what those other schools did. They Left.

That is how they play whistle to whistle, it's their identity and in most of those games the starters were out and JV and Freshmen were in playing hard. You have to see it to understand.
Next Northridge was a regional final, Meadowale was a sectional final those teams were not "weak" and Trotwood was playing their game.

Karas is right to come after Rockhold because he is the best coach in the area... Will he leave, Karas will have to throw tons of money at him because the talent pool will not be close but it is closer to his home town, and maybe a little less stress than dealing with a yearly contender. But dealing with mommy and daddy may be the real reason he stays away from Beavercreek.
M1 you forgot they beat Buchtel by 30 in the state final four!
Old 04-22-19, 08:02 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
M1 you forgot they beat Buchtel by 30 in the state final four!
To my point. If they had let up the gas all throughout the season and apparently held the damn ball at half court and watch the clock tick away would they have been ready for a team like Buchtel. Buchtel tried to run with Twood, (with 2 of the best players in the state on their team one of the being a consensus top 10 Freshmen in the country) So let's not blame it on talent.... Because dude for dude Buchtel was right there if not better. But the system is the difference!
There is another post on here that specifically talks about with all that talent Buchtel had they just did not have the schedule to prepare them for a state championship(which is silly because they made it to the Final Four with that schedule and seemed to do all right). But to the point, people could say the same thing about Trotwood and being in the division of the GWOC. But the difference is...Rockhold and his kids play against the system... No matter who you are, you are going to get it. It's that type of mentality that allows them to overcome "bad teams".. He has talked many times about "culture, what we do, how hard his kids play". He has installed the same mentality in the MS program and even in aspects of the youth program. So shame on him for turning that basketball program into something that most coaches envy. A well oiled machine..
Old 04-22-19, 08:54 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
To my point. If they had let up the gas all throughout the season and apparently held the damn ball at half court and watch the clock tick away would they have been ready for a team like Buchtel. Buchtel tried to run with Twood, (with 2 of the best players in the state on their team one of the being a consensus top 10 Freshmen in the country) So let's not blame it on talent.... Because dude for dude Buchtel was right there if not better. But the system is the difference!
There is another post on here that specifically talks about with all that talent Buchtel had they just did not have the schedule to prepare them for a state championship(which is silly because they made it to the Final Four with that schedule and seemed to do all right). But to the point, people could say the same thing about Trotwood and being in the division of the GWOC. But the difference is...Rockhold and his kids play against the system... No matter who you are, you are going to get it. It's that type of mentality that allows them to overcome "bad teams".. He has talked many times about "culture, what we do, how hard his kids play". He has installed the same mentality in the MS program and even in aspects of the youth program. So shame on him for turning that basketball program into something that most coaches envy. A well oiled machine..
You are exactly on point M1! I'd mentioned in another post that being out of the GWOC would be better for Trotwood, they're no longer locked in to playing 16 average teams. Now they can have a more competitive schedule in the regular season. It's actually a tougher job than people think keeping players(especially kids) motivated against teams you know you're going to beat by 30 every other night.
Old 04-22-19, 07:43 PM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Lord why do these always turn into some Trotwood bash session followed by a collective Twood love fest.
Old 04-22-19, 07:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Yeah but you missed the point that Dunbar had good record last year after Pullen left they were 21-5. After you mentioned that they haven't been good since Pullen left. The program is not same no but they were good last year.+
Stop it. Awfull year. That is what is wrong with DPS. They accept not getting a chip. Your babying your programs.

Old 04-23-19, 06:18 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Stop it. Awfull year. That is what is wrong with DPS. They accept not getting a chip. Your babying your programs.

This Guy! ^^^^^^^you don't have a clue! :Ohno
Old 04-23-19, 07:05 AM
All Region

strickly_layups is on a distinguished road
Im still stuck on the "urban" kid comment WTH!!!!
Old 04-23-19, 07:21 AM
All American

Quote:
Lord why do these always turn into some Trotwood bash session followed by a collective Twood love fest.
Were talking about Rockhold here sir. It's the post. I did not start it...
Old 04-23-19, 08:41 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Donnie Tate should leave Bellbrook. There's no talent coming in at all.

A good candidate for the Creek job would be Brian Rex; head assistant at Alter HS. Was a really good player back in the late 1990s. Idk if he's interested or not, but getting a fired up coach like him that isn't afraid of challenges, a successful former player, and coming from Alter should be good on a resume.
Old 04-23-19, 08:48 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Rockhold isn't a good coach. He's a clown and idiot. I don't know how someone like him can get so many technicals when's he blowing out everyone by 40. If Trotwood had to play Wayne, Centerville, Fairmont, Springfield 2x a year, they would lose a couple of them and be way more challenged. Centerville can definitely slow them down. Not taking credit away from Twood being really good the last couple of years. He's had brilliant talent and that's it. Plus he likes being DII. If he was at a D1 school, he wouldn't get past a sectional final at Creek or Fairmont.
Old 04-23-19, 09:25 AM
All American

Quote:
This Guy! ^^^^^^^you don't have a clue! :Ohno
Why are you confused? You killed me when I was happy with Vandalia going 19-3.

Quote:
19-3 is significant, I dont care your schedule. Great job Butler. I dont feel bad getting beat by Fairmont that is a good squad and improving program.

A lot of high seeds going out this year.
Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And herewithin lies the problem with schools and communities like Butler!
But then you get wet in the pants about Dunbar having a good record?

Quote:
Yeah but you missed the point that Dunbar had good record last year after Pullen left they were 21-5. After you mentioned that they haven't been good since Pullen left. The program is not same no but they were good last year.+
I get your a super DPS and Trootwood fan boy, but try to at least be consistent. You should have said Dunbar is awful since they did not get out of regional like you and your sidekick member1 where saying to me about Butlers year.
Old 04-23-19, 09:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_layups View Post
Im still stuck on the "urban" kid comment WTH!!!!
Come on man. You are not that naive...You know what is meant by that comment. Don't Play dumb.

In a lot of these situations... Not All! But a lot. Mommy and Daddy run the program, if you don't have a very strong coach, in these more affluent communities. It's a club and if you or some other parents don't "fit" the club, your kid might not play or the coach might catch hell until he finds somewhere else to work.

That is an element that in the "urban" environment you don't have as much. Why.., well because unfortunately a lot of parents are just not as involved.
Parents and fans may be crazy for other reasons but most of the time it is not for control of the program. Oh and it's just not basketball... Baseball, Hockey, Cheer, Dance, Band... The mob that some of these programs bring with them in affluent communities is real. Let's not be silly and act like it's not real. Hopefully that helps you get "unstuck". For a coach like Rockhold it would be the less of two evils!!