Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-04-19, 09:14 AM
Freshman

melvin dale is on a distinguished road
Consider

Interesting comments from fellow posters yesterday. First to the guy who says there is no talent your wrong. Granted it was never refined but on the hoof there was enough to work with. Need a coach who knows who to play, where to play, how to improve them, what offense and defense to put them in and then talk talent.
Second high school coaching is about the coach. Pullins at Dunbar always won, he leaves bad team. Petrocelli leaves Alter under achieves. etc.
Third we are one of the 5 largest schools in southwest ohio I see Catholic Schools win and big public schools.
Fourth have an administrative team willing and able to choose the most capable coach they interview and start tomorrow.
PS sorry to the guy who said money is a problem after 1o years. How naive do you really think that stops a Centerville from hiring, sorry you were not offered a deal, must not be that good.
Old 04-04-19, 09:16 AM
Freshman

Ps

The GWOC top to bottom has the worst set of head coaches I have ever seen.
Old 04-04-19, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
The coach at Centerville came from a smaller rural school that's had significant financial problems 2-3 times over the last decade and hasn't passed a new operating levy in over 20 years. At the point he went to Centerville he probably had 15 years in at that school. Even with giving up a handful of steps, I would be surprised if he didn't come out ahead financially by leaving Graham for Centerville. That's far from a normal scenario.

Generally speaking, such moves are usually difficult to make unless there's an administrative position involved to make the money work. I don't believe you can hire a new teacher and credit them with more than 10 years of experience towards your step pay scale.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by nwwarrior09; 04-04-19 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-04-19, 01:58 PM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin dale View Post
[RIGHT]We have been in a basketball waste-land for 11 years (really 19 years)
we have had 8 losing seasons in the last 11 years our record isa 95 and 153 to be exact. Don't you think we should win more than 38% of our games we are a REALLY BIG school. The problem is our coaching decisions for that 11 years.
I am a basketball parent who is suffering as is the entire basketball program for a leader.
Please listen:
Hire an experienced coach no one to grow into the job.
Hire a proven winner.
Hire a bench coach who makes a difference in the games.
Hire a coach who can evaluate our players, improve them and then put them in the right offense and defense.
Failure to do this again constitutes incompetency on your part.
Also hire him quickly day light is burning on our kids.
RIGHT]

Parent? How about applicant?
Old 04-04-19, 05:27 PM
Varsity

KniteFlyer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
Marc Pendelton is not a clown. Has been a writer for 30 years with DDN. Does need work on interviews. Excellent reporter and the only fulltime HS writer.

Whew, he needs work alright.

I would HOPE that he hasn't spent 30 years yipping and yapping while he conducted his "written" interviews. Good Christ it's annoying, not to mention beyond unprofessional.
Old 04-06-19, 07:56 AM
All District

unc4life is on a distinguished road
It’s always good when the coach you let go finds a new job quicker then you find a replacement. Good luck to coach Hess at Troy.
Old 04-08-19, 12:16 PM
All District

hvs1717 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Interesting comments from fellow posters yesterday. First to the guy who says there is no talent your wrong. Granted it was never refined but on the hoof there was enough to work with. Need a coach who knows who to play, where to play, how to improve them, what offense and defense to put them in and then talk talent.
Second high school coaching is about the coach. Pullins at Dunbar always won, he leaves bad team. Petrocelli leaves Alter under achieves. etc.
Third we are one of the 5 largest schools in southwest ohio I see Catholic Schools win and big public schools.
Fourth have an administrative team willing and able to choose the most capable coach they interview and start tomorrow.
PS sorry to the guy who said money is a problem after 1o years. How naive do you really think that stops a Centerville from hiring, sorry you were not offered a deal, must not be that good.

Pullen left and then so did his two D1 guards. If Baker and McConnell stayed, Dunbar would have been a much better team.
Old 04-08-19, 01:24 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs1717 View Post
Pullen left and then so did his two D1 guards. If Baker and McConnell stayed, Dunbar would have been a much better team.
Dunbar made the districts last season and only lost five games and were co-city champs. This past season was the worst in their history several players left(due to probation) and their 6'6" post did not play(knee surgery).
Old 04-08-19, 03:51 PM
Freshman

Interesting situation

With Hess taking the Troy job the Beavercreek Administration is under the gun to get something done quickly I think. But they can not make a mistake. They must hire experience that can win this year. Decisiveness is critical here look at the best candidate and pull the trigger there is no desire to hire another young coach to grow into the job., time to live in the moment.
Hire a COACH WHO CAN WIN AND START TOMORROW
Old 04-12-19, 02:26 PM
Freshman

To the point

I am going to quit beating around the bush. I want Travis Trice to be the Beavers next coach.
He is experienced.
He can do the job day one.
He will win right away.
My nephew played AAU for him and he was the best coach he ever had in every way.
Old 04-12-19, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

I needed a good laugh today.

Old 04-13-19, 02:08 AM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am going to quit beating around the bush. I want Travis Trice to be the Beavers next coach.
He is experienced.
He can do the job day one.
He will win right away.
My nephew played AAU for him and he was the best coach he ever had in every way.

Nice misdirection.
Old 04-14-19, 10:54 AM
All Yappi

Based on another area job posting Friday I wonder if this has been filled. If so, it would be a fantastic hire and about as good as they could reasonably hope for.

Old 04-14-19, 11:08 AM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
No Wyrick is not going to Beavercreek.
Old 04-14-19, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

Filling a Cincinnati area vacancy then?

Old 04-14-19, 11:33 AM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Yes
Old 04-14-19, 12:00 PM
Junior Varsity

bobcat44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
No Wyrick is not going to Beavercreek.
That would of been a steal for Beavercreek....what school in Cinci?
Old 04-14-19, 03:38 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Wyrick to Fairfield?
Old 04-14-19, 07:04 PM
All District

Justice is on a distinguished road
Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc4life View Post
Itís always good when the coach you let go finds a new job quicker then you find a replacement. Good luck to coach Hess at Troy.
Absolutely!
Old 04-14-19, 07:16 PM
All District

Justice is on a distinguished road
Smile Daddy MD

Quote:
The GWOC top to bottom has the worst set of head coaches I have ever seen.
You are a prime example of why coaches leave and don't look back! You have all the answers before the question is asked.
Old 04-16-19, 08:25 AM
Junior Varsity

WCfan is on a distinguished road
Here's two potential names. Just speculation, not evidence to support it. Donnie Tate from Bellbrook. He is a Beavercreek graduate. Krecke from Fenwick. He was let go but said he still wanted to coach.
Old 04-16-19, 10:29 AM
Junior Varsity

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
Where is DJ Wyrick going from VB? Could he be a candidate?
Old 04-16-19, 12:56 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Dunbar made the districts last season and only lost five games and were co-city champs. This past season was the worst in their history several players left(due to probation) and their 6'6" post did not play(knee surgery).
Thank you. You further made my point that they lost talent and that had as much to do with how bad Dunbar was. Don't get me wrong, Pullen is a good coach, but even good coaches can't win when the talent is all hurt, transferred out or is too young to be ready.
Old 04-16-19, 02:23 PM
All Region

Yuckmouth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you. You further made my point that they lost talent and that had as much to do with how bad Dunbar was. Don't get me wrong, Pullen is a good coach, but even good coaches can't win when the talent is all hurt, transferred out or is too young to be ready.
I can understand how losing key players you developed can absolutely effect a program or season. You canít compare a program that gets kids at 9th grade to programs that can develop kids from 3rd grade. If the ďkids have no talentĒ is the answer then you need to look at the adults running those programs. You canít have the kids everyday and develop nothing. Dunbar has sent a lot of kids too school getting them at 9th grade. That comes from working with the lower level coaches and going to see those kids play. Now if your saying you lacked height Iíd understand but when youíre kids donít make good basketball decisions??? I just hate for adults to look in the mirror and not see the real person at fault.
Old 04-18-19, 09:12 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah but you missed the point that Dunbar had good record last year after Pullen left they were 21-5. After you mentioned that they haven't been good since Pullen left. The program is not same no but they were good last year.+
Old 04-18-19, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
Where is DJ Wyrick going from VB? Could he be a candidate?
Fairfield..
Old 04-18-19, 01:56 PM
Freshman

sportsmanship 101 is on a distinguished road
sportsmanship

What I am hearing about the leading candidate is disturbing. Somebody needs to take a look at sportsmanship and past incidents
Old 04-19-19, 07:30 AM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmanship 101 View Post
What I am hearing about the leading candidate is disturbing. Somebody needs to take a look at sportsmanship and past incidents
Whom would that be?????
Old 04-19-19, 09:00 AM
Freshman

sportsmanship 101 is on a distinguished road
George Caras really

Caras the principal is the search committee. He is fixiated on Rocky Rockhold the Trotwood Coach. Rockhold has won lots of games but has beaten fellow league members so badly that the GWOC schools forced to play Trotwood have bolted the league. He pressed weak teams from bell to bell. Here are a collection of this years scores only.
West Carrolton 133-50 record 6-17
Stebbins 101-49 record 6-17
Piqua 109-41 record 7-16
Greenville 138-48 record 0-23
Troy 112-58 record 10-13
Northmont 107-79 record 7-16
Fairborn 105-62 record 14-9
Tipp 104-56 record 7-16
West Carrolton 131-70 record 6-17
Xenia 113-89 record 10-13
Bellfontaine 87-22 don't know
Meadowdale 95-38 losing record
Northridge 92-44don't know
\Greenville 83-38 record 0-23
How do you Hess a man of character and put this in charge, I thought you were supposed to be an educator.
Old 04-19-19, 09:19 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Yeah but you missed the point that Dunbar had good record last year after Pullen left they were 21-5. After you mentioned that they haven't been good since Pullen left. The program is not same no but they were good last year.+
I did miss your point. For some reason, I thought Dunbar's record was not nearly that good. Dunbar is always going to have some talent but to lose all of the guys they did and put up that kind of record, that is impressive. Thanks for the correction, I hate sharing inaccurate information.