Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-07-19, 08:06 PM
Controller

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Who are the decision makers on the Ignatius hire? Fr Guiao, Mr Bradesca, and Mr Fitzpatrick?
Old 05-07-19, 11:50 PM
All Region

1 time is on a distinguished road
It amazing me that this great program is going through this ! I guess it’s the sign of the times ?
Old 05-08-19, 07:52 AM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
It's a shame that CatAlum and some of the older posters that were quite vocal with the ongoings at Ignatius High, are no longer on this website....
Old 05-10-19, 04:00 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglepride View Post
It's a shame that CatAlum and some of the older posters that were quite vocal with the ongoings at Ignatius High, are no longer on this website....

I was wondering where CatAlum was at. He usually chimes in on the VASJ threads here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-19, 07:10 PM
Varsity

foul ball is on a distinguished road
Anyone who would leave a public school, unless it was a horrible situation, to take a job in a Catholic school needs to have his/her head examined. It may look good when a person is in his or her 30's but when you look at the salary differences, benefits and retirement system, it's a no-brainer. Of course try to explain that to the Catholic school followers.
Old 05-10-19, 07:51 PM
Freshman

Smokey95
Quote:
Originally Posted by foul ball View Post
Anyone who would leave a public school, unless it was a horrible situation, to take a job in a Catholic school needs to have his/her head examined. It may look good when a person is in his or her 30's but when you look at the salary differences, benefits and retirement system, it's a no-brainer. Of course try to explain that to the Catholic school followers.
If you have aspirations to coach beyond the high school level, it can potentially make a lot of sense.
Old 05-11-19, 06:02 PM
All American

bluengold
Quote:
Originally Posted by StowInTheKnow View Post
Chet isnt involved there at all. Iggy is making a mess of this entire process. Near 20 applicants. Skype interviews. Second round interviews instead of just hiring the best guy. Power struggle between decision makers is this a disaster. Everyone knows who they should hire and give him whatever he wants. That would then lead to the Solon job opening
Over 100 applicants, alumni and non-alumni, public and private school backgrounds
9 interviews
Now at 3 finalists
Should know within a week or so
Old 05-17-19, 12:28 PM
Junior Varsity

catholic98 is on a distinguished road
Ignatius coach

Disappointing, but not surprising, that Ignatius leadership cannot get it together to hire an experienced coach that is a good fit for the school. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Blame the president and principal - neither whom should be involved other than to sign off on qualified candidates.
The AD is not running this show - you can be sure of that.
Word on the street is that the guy they wanted from Solon - successful, experienced and an alum - walked because of the inability of the school to make a decision. Amateur hour over at West 30th.
Old 05-17-19, 06:37 PM
All Ohio

bbfan29 is on a distinguished road
If I were in the position of hiring a top notch Hs Coach, I would go after him very aggressively. A top notch Coach is not going to apply for a job he may not get, putting himself in jeaprody with his current position. If I were in a similar position looking for a good coach, I would go for a guy like the Mentor coach or someone that fits their program philosophy & future objectives. Successful coaches generally do not look for other jobs unless they are very unhappy in their current position.