Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 01-30-19, 06:51 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 830
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Hey kid, Iím all for having a good time but this is not something to joke about.

There is no way the Arc would commiserate with Bball216. The conflict goes way back and if he wants peace with me heís going to have to admit to a few things. First, he has had his posting material supplied by MugnMaul and that Mug still emails him with ideas on what to post. Next, he must admit that he reads Coach Babeís social media posts and shyly giggles with shame. Finally, he must admit that he jogs on the treadmill while watching the VASJ introduction video on loop. Only then will there be an opportunity for peace.
I think its time for a border wall.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-30-19, 07:20 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,188
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Hey kid, Iím all for having a good time but this is not something to joke about.



There is no way the Arc would commiserate with Bball216. The conflict goes way back and if he wants peace with me heís going to have to admit to a few things. First, he has had his posting material supplied by MugnMaul and that Mug still emails him with ideas on what to post. Next, he must admit that he reads Coach Babeís social media posts and shyly giggles with shame. Finally, he must admit that he jogs on the treadmill while watching the VASJ introduction video on loop. Only then will there be an opportunity for peace.

Well I guess there will never be peace.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-30-19, 08:27 PM
vikings4life vikings4life is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-22-14
Posts: 149
vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Hey kid, Iím all for having a good time but this is not something to joke about.

There is no way the Arc would commiserate with Bball216. The conflict goes way back and if he wants peace with me heís going to have to admit to a few things. First, he has had his posting material supplied by MugnMaul and that Mug still emails him with ideas on what to post. Next, he must admit that he reads Coach Babeís social media posts and shyly giggles with shame. Finally, he must admit that he jogs on the treadmill while watching the VASJ introduction video on loop. Only then will there be an opportunity for peace.
Is peace possible if he met 2 of those 3 requirements? There must be some middle ground.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-30-19, 08:50 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 830
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Oye vey

All this talk of war makes me hunger for some Matzo Ball Soup from Corky & Lenny's

Last edited by James x2; 01-30-19 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-30-19, 10:02 PM
vikings4life vikings4life is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-22-14
Posts: 149
vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Arc

Arc, is it possible for you two to sit together and share some of your favorite foods? This would give you time to settle your differences over some of that fine fare that you enjoy. You two do not have to be meshugas.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 02-03-19, 10:13 AM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 830
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Mentor looks sharp.

I will be supporting Brush in their quest to finally win a district championship.Get it done already.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 02-06-19, 01:08 PM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 337
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Well, when you are the biggest show in town you are going to have some issues. Unfortunately for the area basketball fans they did not get to witness the finality of the game last night between Brush and Shaker Hts. It is rumored that Coach Young was seen chatting with a few of the disruptors just prior to the dust up that caused the suspension of the game. I really don't like conspiracy theories, but one must question whether Coach Young facilitated this whole thing so Brush didn't open up an even wider margin in the 2nd half.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 02-06-19, 04:47 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 830
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Well, when you are the biggest show in town you are going to have some issues. Unfortunately for the area basketball fans they did not get to witness the finality of the game last night between Brush and Shaker Hts. It is rumored that Coach Young was seen chatting with a few of the disruptors just prior to the dust up that caused the suspension of the game. I really don't like conspiracy theories, but one must question whether Coach Young facilitated this whole thing so Brush didn't open up an even wider margin in the 2nd half.
Surely you say this in jest.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 02-06-19, 05:57 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,188
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
If Brush wants to be considered elite and be respected - the team and fans need to act in a manner that would earn people's respect. That does not appear to be happening anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 02-06-19, 06:44 PM
vikings4life vikings4life is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-22-14
Posts: 149
vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
As the English say "that was a bloody bad show."
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 02-07-19, 07:38 AM
tribefan23 tribefan23 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 834
tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Well, when you are the biggest show in town you are going to have some issues. Unfortunately for the area basketball fans they did not get to witness the finality of the game last night between Brush and Shaker Hts. It is rumored that Coach Young was seen chatting with a few of the disruptors just prior to the dust up that caused the suspension of the game. I really don't like conspiracy theories, but one must question whether Coach Young facilitated this whole thing so Brush didn't open up an even wider margin in the 2nd half.
TBH Shaker had all of the momentum going into the second half. Brush took a big lead early but Shaker cut the lead to 10 by half and had all of the momentum. So I'm sure Coach Young definitely wanted to make sure the game was cancelled, with his team taking all of the momentum into half.

But then again, I wouldnt expect Brusharc troll here to actually watch the games. He just goes by what he sees on yappi and what he reads on brush's website (if he even does that).

Win a district title before saying you're the biggest show in town. I can think of at least 5-6 teams I would drive to see before thinking about Brush.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 02-07-19, 09:16 AM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 830
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Maybe Brush should try to get into the CMSD league to hone their craft.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 02-07-19, 09:40 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 337
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Plenty of hate coming from the gallery for Brush. Everyone in the gym the other night knows Brush and Coach Mason had nothing to do with that altercation.

Bball216, I agree, Brush needs to carry themselves with a high standard. They shouldn't have coaches wives rushing the court or parents trying to fist fight the head coach after the game. They need to be above that type of behavior if they are going to be considered elite. Luckily none of that has happened this year and I don't see it happening any time soon. The beautiful thing about Coach Mason is that he is able to lead without having to tweet or sing his own praises at every turn. He just goes to work and grinds with his guys. It really is impressive and indicative of a program that is on the rise.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 02-07-19, 04:47 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 830
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Plenty of hate coming from the gallery for Brush. Everyone in the gym the other night knows Brush and Coach Mason had nothing to do with that altercation.

Bball216, I agree, Brush needs to carry themselves with a high standard. They shouldn't have coaches wives rushing the court or parents trying to fist fight the head coach after the game. They need to be above that type of behavior if they are going to be considered elite. Luckily none of that has happened this year and I don't see it happening any time soon. The beautiful thing about Coach Mason is that he is able to lead without having to tweet or sing his own praises at every turn. He just goes to work and grinds with his guys. It really is impressive and indicative of a program that is on the rise.
Im not a hater.I Pull for Brush.That is my team for the Euclid district.I work quite frequently within a few blocks east of that school.Anyone care for some Tasty Pizza? or an Amy Joy Apple Fritter?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 02-07-19, 04:59 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,188
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanted to go see Brush play at the Euclid District - now I'm afraid. I'm not sure it's safe to take my kids there to see the Arcs. It's a good thing Euclid has a police force that does not put up with that garbage. If we go we will need to sit on the opposite side close to the exits where the cops stand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 02-08-19, 06:58 AM
tribefan23 tribefan23 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 834
tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
The beautiful thing about Coach Mason is that he is able to lead without having to tweet or sing his own praises at every turn. He just goes to work and grinds with his guys. It really is impressive and indicative of a program that is on the rise.
Now I really know you're trolling. Between Chet and Sonny over at GHts, I don't know who's a bigger cheerleader on social media.

Then again, this is coming from the guy that had no problem with the "Chet Mason Invitational" being named what it was instead of something that had to do with Brush.

You're right, definitely not an egomaniac.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 02-08-19, 07:00 AM
tribefan23 tribefan23 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 834
tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I wanted to go see Brush play at the Euclid District - now I'm afraid. I'm not sure it's safe to take my kids there to see the Arcs. It's a good thing Euclid has a police force that does not put up with that garbage. If we go we will need to sit on the opposite side close to the exits where the cops stand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
I've been to plenty of games in the area over the last decade or so (Brush, Shaker, Garfield, a few Cleveland schools) and I have to agree with you Bball. The crowds have only gotten worse. I will say that schools have taken measures to bring in more security and police for games that they think there will be problems, but the fact that they've had to do this makes me always think twice about if it's really worth it to watch a HS basketball game. There are always at least a few stories where crowds get out of hand and things like this happen. And to not beat around the bush, it usually happens at schools like these.......
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 02-08-19, 07:45 AM
Bertha Bertha is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Posts: 157
Bertha is on a distinguished road
when Brush doesn't make it out of the District again .... im curious what Chet ... oops I mean Chet's grandma ... oops I mean what brusharc86 will post as the reason why
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 02-08-19, 08:07 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 337
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Rivalry game tonight over at Mayfield. That is the only thing Coach Mason and the young men are focusing on right now. All the noise on the outside of the program is only causing them to fortify. This team is gearing up for March and for all the haters that want to seem them fail we can care less right now. The communication and the support from the administration at Brush has never been better. Our jerseys are sharp looking and our fan support is through the roof right now. Love to see all the alumni back in the gym supporting the boys.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-08-19, 08:33 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,188
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Somebody started drinking early today. I heard Mayfield is bringing in extra security for tonight's game after events of the Shaker game. It appears that Brush is peaking at the right time. Just in time for that yearly district semi final exit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 02-08-19, 08:35 AM
Broadway Joe Broadway Joe is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-16
Posts: 47
Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I wanted to go see Brush play at the Euclid District - now I'm afraid. I'm not sure it's safe to take my kids there to see the Arcs. It's a good thing Euclid has a police force that does not put up with that garbage. If we go we will need to sit on the opposite side close to the exits where the cops stand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Sadly, this is the exact thoughts of a large number of Brush Alumni and SE/L Schools supporters. If it wasn't such a volatile atmosphere, people thinking they are going to settle some turf war garbage or whatever goes through the minds of people who act like this, Brush would be an awesome team to follow. Unruly kids, and fans from both sides ruin this for many younger kids, families and alumni. If they would only conduct themselves in a civil manner, and go to watch some amazing young athletes play basketball, these younger kids/fans would have some HS players to look up to, and it would help build a foundation and a good program for years to come. Look at Mentor, they have tons of younger kids come to the games, for years, wanting to grow up and play for Coach K, or be like those HS players they just watched. Sadly, the Brush fan base, and especially the younger kids, if any were there for the recent couple altercations that took place, have this to remember and to look forward to. If something doesn't change, Brush will be in a worse spot, in terms of how the majority of area coaches and officials look at them, than it already is. This is not doing them any favors in terms of scheduling good non-conference opponents, and they will lose out on growing the program into a perennial powerhouse, because the good teams won't want to schedule them, in fear of putting themselves into a potential violent situation, no matter how many games Coach Mason wins this year. I really do hope they figure it out, even if they are "not at fault" as some say...This is the second time in less than a month that they have been involved in some sort of "brawl". Remember, it takes 2 to tango.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-08-19, 09:38 AM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 830
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Don't forget what happened Last March at Brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
If im not mistaken the incident with Benedictine was handled as well as could be expected considering the riot that could have ensued.I found no fault with Babe on that occasion.However the last Playoff game I saw at Brush March of 18' against East Tech resulted in not only Arc fans being escorted out by the Lyndhurst PO PO but they had to break up the altercation between both squads in the second half.I was half expecting a real riot in the stands and on the court that night.NO JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!! The Arc fans on the opposite side of the Scarab bench never shut up with the trash talking.So there isn't many saints at that school.I have worked Lyndurst,S.Euclid,Cle Hts,Shaker,Mayfield,Beachwood and everything in all directions for 25 years so I know the changing demographic well.Was never feeling at the Palace like I felt at Brush last year during that game.Coach Mason didn't control squat that night cuz like Babe their is only so much you can do when teens act like emotional idiots.Both coaches do a fine job and deserve praise for their work with the youth.
The Shaker incident,etc, is not the first or second time
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-08-19, 09:46 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,188
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
Sadly, this is the exact thoughts of a large number of Brush Alumni and SE/L Schools supporters. If it wasn't such a volatile atmosphere, people thinking they are going to settle some turf war garbage or whatever goes through the minds of people who act like this, Brush would be an awesome team to follow. Unruly kids, and fans from both sides ruin this for many younger kids, families and alumni. If they would only conduct themselves in a civil manner, and go to watch some amazing young athletes play basketball, these younger kids/fans would have some HS players to look up to, and it would help build a foundation and a good program for years to come. Look at Mentor, they have tons of younger kids come to the games, for years, wanting to grow up and play for Coach K, or be like those HS players they just watched. Sadly, the Brush fan base, and especially the younger kids, if any were there for the recent couple altercations that took place, have this to remember and to look forward to. If something doesn't change, Brush will be in a worse spot, in terms of how the majority of area coaches and officials look at them, than it already is. This is not doing them any favors in terms of scheduling good non-conference opponents, and they will lose out on growing the program into a perennial powerhouse, because the good teams won't want to schedule them, in fear of putting themselves into a potential violent situation, no matter how many games Coach Mason wins this year. I really do hope they figure it out, even if they are "not at fault" as some say...This is the second time in less than a month that they have been involved in some sort of "brawl". Remember, it takes 2 to tango.

Amazingly there is a person on here that is trying to convince people what a elite program Brush has and how all the alumni and community is behind them. We with common sense know that is BS. It is refreshing to hear somebody from South Euclid that tells it like it really is. Great and honest post.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-08-19, 10:09 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 337
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Sad to see so many on here that hate to see these young men succeed. You can say whatever you want about Coach Mason and the 2019/2019 Brush Arcs but I will be in the stands supporting this program through thick and thin. Adults judging kids will never be ok in my mind. Thankfully we have a coach that does not go on twitter and admonish kids for choosing to transfer because he has no idea about a kid's home life or situation. We have a coach that is tolerant because of the community that raised him and now he is representing our community with class. Not sure how it is ok for other schools to have civic pride in their basketball program and shameful for the Brush fans to do the same?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-08-19, 10:16 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,188
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess your definition of representing with class is different then the people on this site that use common sense and know the truth. If your happy with the way Brush represents itself and how they are thought of by a majority of area teams and fans then you are even more pathetic then I thought - and that is pretty hard to do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-08-19, 10:27 AM
tribefan23 tribefan23 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 834
tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Sad to see so many on here that hate to see these young men succeed. You can say whatever you want about Coach Mason and the 2019/2019 Brush Arcs but I will be in the stands supporting this program through thick and thin.
I honestly question whether you actually are a Brush supporter and regularly attend games or if you're a keyboard troll that sits on yappi and Masons twitter account all day based on what you've said previously about the coach from Shaker inciting a riot ON PURPOSE and telling people in the stands to start fights because his team was losing, when in fact, Shaker had all of the momentum on their side going into halftime and would have probably made a run to start the second half.

Just proves that you don't actually watch the games and you're looking to put Brush on a higher pedestal than they actually are.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-10-19, 09:07 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,188
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arc has been pretty silent since his Brush team got the #2 seed at the Euclid District and now have to go through Cleveland Heights to get to that elusive district final. It was assumed all year the Brush would be the #1 seed - but somebody forgot to tell Mentor.

Also as a side note the so called humble and non tweeting head coach Chet Mason has been on Twitter bragging about how awesome the Me Me Me (Chet Mason Invitational) Invitational is going to be next year. You would think if your coach is what you say he is it would be the Brush Invitational dont you think ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-11-19, 07:08 AM
tribefan23 tribefan23 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 834
tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Chet Mason bragging on twitter? Nooooooo. Couldnt be. A guy who named a basketball tournament after himself would NEVER brag about himself or his own tournament.

Brush will have to beat 2 really good teams if they want to get out of districts, so they will finally be able to put their money where their mouths are. Also I would imagine that the Brush/Cleveland Hts game AT EUCLID could be a bit of a rowdy atmosphere, almost like the shaker game.........
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-11-19, 08:53 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 337
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Arc has been pretty silent since his Brush team got the #2 seed at the Euclid District and now have to go through Cleveland Heights to get to that elusive district final. It was assumed all year the Brush would be the #1 seed - but somebody forgot to tell Mentor.

Also as a side note the so called humble and non tweeting head coach Chet Mason has been on Twitter bragging about how awesome the Me Me Me (Chet Mason Invitational) Invitational is going to be next year. You would think if your coach is what you say he is it would be the Brush Invitational dont you think ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
This was always a possibility. Brush getting the #2 seed is not a shock at all. Coach Krizancic is in the top 5 of coaches in the area with Coach Mason, Coach Woj at Harvey, Coach Johnson at Garfield, and Coach Becker at St. Ignatius. Seedings are subjective and what Brush does on the court will be OBJECTIVE.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-11-19, 09:08 AM
tribefan23 tribefan23 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 834
tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
This was always a possibility. Brush getting the #2 seed is not a shock at all. Coach Krizancic is in the top 5 of coaches in the area with Coach Mason, Coach Woj at Harvey, Coach Johnson at Garfield, and Coach Becker at St. Ignatius. Seedings are subjective and what Brush does on the court will be OBJECTIVE.
Sonny at Garfield is not a top 5 coach in the area, neither is Mason tbh.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CincyTalentScout's Search for the Most Underrated Player in Southwest OH(contest) CincyTalentScout Football 2 08-22-18 09:35 AM
Brush Scrimmage Aug 11th BrushFan1 Football 1 05-31-18 11:17 PM
Brush mzm Football 2 03-21-18 11:09 PM
Mentor Basketball 2017-18 cardzfan1234 Boys Basketball 65 03-12-18 11:41 AM
10 team dual tournament Brush Hs 12/2 brusharcs Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 0 11-28-17 08:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz