Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-24-19, 09:28 PM
All Region

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
That 7 footer certainly is not going to X, we forgot how to play basketball in 2013.
Old 04-25-19, 07:18 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
If the "7 footer" is reading this, go to Oak Hills. You get to play in the best public school D1 conference in SW Ohio. OHills lost many players. OHills has a style of play that I am guessing will be good for you, man defense, an offense that will move the ball. They will throw you the ball. Again, they will throw you the ball. OHills is your place.
Old 04-25-19, 08:39 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
If the "7 footer" is reading this, go to Oak Hills. You get to play in the best public school D1 conference in SW Ohio. OHills lost many players. OHills has a style of play that I am guessing will be good for you, man defense, an offense that will move the ball. They will throw you the ball. Again, they will throw you the ball. OHills is your place.
Does Oak Hills switch screens or hedge and give back?

The advantage of a 7 footer on a team that switches ALL screens is easily eliminated by using the smallest guard on the floor to screen for a big man in the post, get the defense to switch, then have the guard retreat outside the paint.

I am no fan of switching screens for teams with a legitimate big man.
Old 04-25-19, 08:47 AM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolPanther View Post
I don't believe you...but we'll take him.
That was clearly a slam on Elder.
Old 04-25-19, 08:48 AM
All World

Quote:
Why is everyone acting like heís a major recruit? Heís not moving for basketball reasons.
Old 04-25-19, 10:12 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Does Oak Hills switch screens or hedge and give back?

The advantage of a 7 footer on a team that switches ALL screens is easily eliminated by using the smallest guard on the floor to screen for a big man in the post, get the defense to switch, then have the guard retreat outside the paint.

I am no fan of switching screens for teams with a legitimate big man.
Well played, OHills is now switching screens. I am guessing you know they haven't always done that. There was a time they never switched. Coach Price has been in a few rodeo's. I think he would make the adjustment.
Old 04-25-19, 10:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Why is everyone acting like heís a major recruit? Heís not moving for basketball reasons.
I'm not, haven't seen the kid play. I am guessing he is good enough to play HS or he wouldn't be mentioned. All the more reason to go west side OHills. Hopefully his parents know if he can compete in the GMC.
Old 04-25-19, 01:07 PM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
My first response to this thread and Moe getting a 7 footer was "Who cares" I ended with a sarcastic remark about Moe tried to recruit me.....

A poster had posted that why would a family choose to pay 15,000 if this kid was recruited which I stated that not all athletes pay the full tuition at Moe. That statement is 100% true. I also believe I stated on this thread or maybe it was another that why wouldn't a family pick a private school over a public if the tuition was being paid for?

I also have no love for Moe as you probably well know and I will always take my jabs at them as well as my favorite Moe poster in MoeDude.... Moe has and does recruit and I would also throw LaSalle into that mix as well. I am sure that St. X and Elder are not too happy with it. I personally do not care as this is happening all over the state be it private or public / big school or small. I don't like the direction this is all going but it is what it is.
Old 04-25-19, 01:53 PM
All World

Quote:
I'm not, haven't seen the kid play. I am guessing he is good enough to play HS or he wouldn't be mentioned. All the more reason to go west side OHills. Hopefully his parents know if he can compete in the GMC.
His stats arenít eye popping against less than stellar competition and he needs to add a ton of muscle if he wants to be a true post player. I donít understand why he would choose to attend a school based on athletics, when thatís probably not his future. He maybe could play at Thomas More or Capital based strictly on his size, but thatís it.
Old 04-25-19, 02:35 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
His stats arenít eye popping against less than stellar competition and he needs to add a ton of muscle if he wants to be a true post player. I donít understand why he would choose to attend a school based on athletics, when thatís probably not his future. He maybe could play at Thomas More or Capital based strictly on his size, but thatís it.
This guy's a scout now hahahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-19, 03:18 PM
All Ohio

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wayne is a closed enrollment public school, by law we must take everyone in our district. Yes, we have kids that move in the area just like they move out.

Private schools are not the only one's who recruit... McKinley recruited one of our prospects and their boosters hooked them up. Princeton snagged another one guaranteeing him a starting job. I don't like what has happened in high school sports and I would rather people stay put and schools are made up of home grown talent.... those days are long gone. I got on this discussion when a poster assumed that everyone at Moe pays the full tuition.... that is not the case so the choice of paying 15 grand was not an issue.
I hate to burst your bubble, but it is the parents shopping for schools, not the schools actively contacting these kids. Do you really believe a school like Moeller or St X has to go out and recruit kids? The success and reputation of the schools does the "recruiting".

I cannot speak for Moeller, but the kids getting money are not the athletes, unless their is financial need.
Old 04-25-19, 08:11 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
GMC best public league school in SWO? Nope....

GWOC: 5 straight regional finalist, 2 regional champions in that period and a state title in D1. 2 teams in regionals this last year, 2 the previous, 3 of the 4 were from the GWOC in 2015. Over the last 5 years it is not even close.... GWOC > GMC.
Old 04-25-19, 08:12 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
GMC best public league school in SWO? Nope....

GWOC: 5 straight regional finalist, 2 regional champions in that period and a state title in D1. 2 teams in regionals this last year, 2 the previous, 3 of the 4 were from the GWOC in 2015. Over the last 5 years it is not even close.... GWOC > GMC.
And the bait has been completely swallowed, hook and all. Big gulp!

Old 04-25-19, 08:19 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
And the bait has been completely swallowed, hook and all. Big gulp!

hey, it tasted good... I just had to
Old 04-29-19, 12:36 PM
All World

There was a 7 footer sighting on the west side over the weekend.