Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-12-18, 08:34 PM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Aiken open?

According to OHSAA it is. Where do Pflug go - was so pro-Aiken
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-18, 09:29 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
According to OHSAA it is. Where do Pflug go - was so pro-Aiken
I saw this too. Very curious to hear where he has gone or what happened.
Old 01-12-18, 09:58 PM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
He has had one foot out the door since he got there literally applying for every single open job in the city.
Old 01-13-18, 09:55 AM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Left to be an assistant at a bigger program.
Old 01-13-18, 12:21 PM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
SMH - gets the kids and community to buy in and leaves... and for an assistant job. Wow
Old 01-13-18, 12:36 PM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
"Parents... what Shuwanna is referring to if you haven’t heard is that I have resigned as Head Coach of Aiken. Not many people know but I developed stomach ulcers this year and even coughed up blood one night. I didn’t want to worry anyone so I kept trucking. This stressed related sickness was related to me missing things of my own sons while dealing with the hard grind of a Head Coach. Over days and weeks of prayer and conversations with family, I decided I had to do what was best for my family to ensure my sons were our first. Taking a step back will allow me to have more time for them and enjoy watching them grow. I didn’t want to hear them tell me one day that I was a great coach but a terrible father... I couldn’t live with myself if that happened... being a divorced isn’t an easy task. I’m going to take some personal time in a secondary role and focus on my family."

Guys guys guys...... That is a direct message from Jeremy to all of our kids parents Jeremy met with the staff of aiken way prior to him announcing he was leaving and sat down with all the players and seniors that were finished with HS football.

I'm sure Jeremy won't mind me posting what he sent.

I'm 100% confident aiken football will continue to grow , focus from our staff doesn't change and we all are on board with helping to keep turning aiken around.
Jeremy laid out a VERY good foundation for someone else to build upon even further. That's 100 % FACT
Old 01-13-18, 12:56 PM
All Ohio

No one can deny the fact what pflug did at aiken
Was almost unimaginable.....
A team that was 10-90 in 10 years going 6-4 , 7-3 , 8-2
3 years back to back to back.
First playoffs berth in school history
7 kids (either 7 or 8 I don't have the #'s in front of me) off to play college football
I THINK in our 3 years we lost 2 kids to being ineligible if I showed you those numbers for year before our staff came in you would fall out of your chair.

COUNTLESS trips canton HOF , ND university games , Moorhead college 7v7 tournaments, a group of our kids were on Thursday night football, kids receiving all-state honors .....

Better than ALL of that He was and is part of their lives
I will bet my house if ANY of those kids called his phone tomorrow he will pick it up and do whatever they needed

Think what you want
Old 01-13-18, 01:01 PM
All Region

tiger56dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
SMH - gets the kids and community to buy in and leaves... and for an assistant job. Wow

Makes me even more proud of a certain Shroder coach in my family who just keeps on keeping on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-18, 01:18 PM
All Region

IronEagle82 is on a distinguished road
What does a coach at Shroder have to with Aiken?
Old 01-13-18, 02:20 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger56dad View Post
Makes me even more proud of a certain Shroder coach in my family who just keeps on keeping on.

Shroder's head coach left for Funnytown last year!
Old 01-13-18, 02:30 PM
All Region

Not obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronEagle82 View Post
What does a coach at Shroder have to with Aiken?
I thought it would be obvious that I was contrasting the Aiken head coach with one of many CPS coaches who DO stick around to be part of the program and community....not leveraging one job for the next....
Old 01-13-18, 02:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger56dad View Post
I thought it would be obvious that I was contrasting the Aiken head coach with one of many CPS coaches who DO stick around to be part of the program and community....not leveraging one job for the next....
Who are some of the ones that have "stuck around" just curious ?? We are speaking HC's
Old 01-13-18, 04:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
No one can deny the fact what pflug did at aiken
Was almost unimaginable.....
A team that was 10-90 in 10 years going 6-4 , 7-3 , 8-2
3 years back to back to back.
First playoffs berth in school history
7 kids (either 7 or 8 I don't have the #'s in front of me) off to play college football
I THINK in our 3 years we lost 2 kids to being ineligible if I showed you those numbers for year before our staff came in you would fall out of your chair.

COUNTLESS trips canton HOF , ND university games , Moorhead college 7v7 tournaments, a group of our kids were on Thursday night football, kids receiving all-state honors .....

Better than ALL of that He was and is part of their lives
I will bet my house if ANY of those kids called his phone tomorrow he will pick it up and do whatever they needed

Think what you want

I’m gonna to apologize and stop talking. I did what I hate which is spout off without all the info. I have really enjoyed watching Aiken progress and I have huge respect for the HC for doing what he did. Best wishes to Aiken every week except Shroder week.

Old 01-13-18, 04:37 PM
All Region

I wonder who will take over... Do they promote within? Or hire someone new?
Old 01-13-18, 08:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
I wonder who will take over... Do they promote within? Or hire someone new?
Interviews should start soon. I know a few of our asst's are already stepping in to make sure we don't skip a beat during the time we don't have a HC. I'm going to do what I can to help right now but very busy with wrestling as well.

I'm sure a few of our asst's will apply
Old 01-13-18, 08:26 PM
All Region

Not sure who will go after this job, but one would assume a lot of candidates will apply. It's a Division 4 job with lots of athletes and speed every year. The best part about taking over a winning program is the players expect to and know how to win.
Old 01-13-18, 09:56 PM
All Region

Does any CPS school have a head football coach that has been there 5+ years currently? So much turnover everywhere it's getting comical.
Old 01-14-18, 07:25 AM
All Region

Just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Does any CPS school have a head football coach that has been there 5+ years currently? So much turnover everywhere it's getting comical.
What do you think the reason for this consistent turnover? What do you think is the solution?
Old 01-14-18, 02:28 PM
All Region

Great question. First thing that they can do is actually start supporting coaches. This mainly comes from administration. Second, they can start paying them what most other districts pay their head coaches. Lastly, they need more funding for assistants as there is only 3 or 4 variety paid assistant jobs. Now I know you don't do it for the money but when neighboring schools pay assistant coaches more than CPS pays their head coach. They will always be looking elsewhere when that is the case.
Old 01-14-18, 04:38 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Where is he going to be an assistant?
Old 01-14-18, 07:48 PM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is an unknown quantity at this point
I would think lack of community interest keeps coaches from staying very long.

I talked to a starting player from a Cincinnati public school this year and he said that most of their own parents do not come to watch the games, let alone anyone from the community.

I think the low numbers most of the teams have is another big reason that coaches do not stay long.

I would guess not having a stadium/field at your own school could be another reason.
Old 01-15-18, 05:26 AM
All American

cphslFan is on a distinguished road
Coach P and staff, Thank you for turning around Aiken. I hope the search committee promote from within. With the CMAC football coming back i feel Aiken can be a top team
Old 01-15-18, 08:45 AM
All Region

As of right now on paper they probably have the best chance to compete with Taft. "If" Taft is a little down this next year the league will be wide open. Western Hills has the best player in the league and could be a dark horse contender.
Old 01-16-18, 09:07 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
I would think lack of community interest keeps coaches from staying very long.

I talked to a starting player from a Cincinnati public school this year and he said that most of their own parents do not come to watch the games, let alone anyone from the community.

I think the low numbers most of the teams have is another big reason that coaches do not stay long.

I would guess not having a stadium/field at your own school could be another reason.
From my observations of CPS football went downhill when they moved all football to Taft. Initially it sounded like a great idea, but in the end not so much for numerous reasons. I get financially there is only 1 facility to be responsible for and it should free up other money for schools, but moving everything downtown killed the community involvment. Its hard to rally a community when you have to travel about 15-20 mins away to see them play, and then its like their whole season is one big neutral site. (except for West Hi, Taft and Woodward in CMAC, and Clark, Withrow, and Walnut have a different situation due to different leagues) Then I'm not sure how much of the money made from concessions and admission goes back to each program (money that could be used for fb expenses).

The other major issues is when they made all of these Jr. Highs High Schools. The talent pool is so watered down because kids are so spread out, however the amount of people at these schools are also really low because there are so many options. Those two things I'm sure could drive a coach crazy. I couldn't imagine coaching or playing in this type of situation.
Old 01-18-18, 09:21 AM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Where is he going to be an assistant?
I'd guess 3 places: Anderson, because Coach Stewart just left to take the Madeira job and he knows Anderson/Dryer well

Madeira, because he's following Coach Stewart there

Little Miami, because he lives in Maineville and wants to be closer to his kids
Old 01-18-18, 11:50 AM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
Walnut Hills is what i was told
Old 01-18-18, 12:56 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
Walnut Hills is what i was told
I was told another program.. Who knows though. Walnut wouldnt surprise me since he is an alum.