Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-09-18, 06:50 PM
Varsity

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Wright and Manchester

For the record. As an 8th grader, Wright visited both Hoban And SVSM because his family was not happy with some things at Manchester. They kept it quiet because they didn't want any problems that others had experienced when they left Manchester. Of the 2, they preferred SVSM. He was ready to make a commitment to the Irish, but the powers to be at Manchester found out about possibly losing him. There were some discussions and some promises were made and the decision was made to stay at Manchester. The decision has worked well for him. As far as next year, they have some excellent skilled players back and they will be fine.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-18, 07:09 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
LOL!! What promises could they have made? Cars, money, Free lunch?
Old 01-09-18, 07:51 PM
All Ohio

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Was he behind a table with a Manchester hat, a St.V hat and a Hoban hat surrounded by family? I'm surprised Hoban let this guy get away.
Old 01-09-18, 09:50 PM
All District

coachrios is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Ethan and Manchester!! He's a very good player and they will be even better next season.
Old 01-10-18, 08:47 AM
Varsity

This thread was in response to him being mentioned in the Video thread concerning St. VM.
Old 01-10-18, 03:47 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Yappi this post has no where to go but ugly. I hope it gets deleted. I've personally coached the young man and know the family well. There incredible people and raised incredible kids. They don't need this bull.
Old 01-10-18, 07:47 PM
Varsity

Old wildcat. The reason for the post was to quiet people up who said Wright was leaving. If you read it again, you will see that it says they feel it has worked out well for him and they are happy and he isn't going anywhere. It is not unusual for an excellent athlete to be tempted to leave a small program for a more known program. It is not crap as you refer to in your post. He is staying and he is happy.
Old 01-10-18, 10:06 PM
All District

RickKnight33 is on a distinguished road
Heard nothing but great things about this kid off and on the field. He will continue to put crazy numbers up at Manchester, but it is an absolute fact that if he were at St. V, Hoban, Ed's, McKinley, ect. he would have a ton of offers right now. Not many coaches are strolling through Manchesters practices on bye weeks or during HS playoffs. They go to the big schools.
Old 01-11-18, 03:23 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Old wildcat. The reason for the post was to quiet people up who said Wright was leaving. If you read it again, you will see that it says they feel it has worked out well for him and they are happy and he isn't going anywhere. It is not unusual for an excellent athlete to be tempted to leave a small program for a more known program. It is not crap as you refer to in your post. He is staying and he is happy.
Well I'm just crazy about this boy and his entire family. This family has adopted I believe 5 or 6 kids. There all incredible young adults. I just hate seeing this boy's name brought up in this type of post. I'm a grandfather and I suppose it's the grandfather in me wanting to protect him from some of the blood suckers on this site that like to drag program's and kids threw the mud. I think the post could of been written and showed there point of view without naming names. Just my opinion.ive known Jim France and coached against Jim for 40+ years and I'm thrilled this young man stayed at home and played there.
Old 01-11-18, 08:41 AM
All Region

gatorade_1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Well I'm just crazy about this boy and his entire family. This family has adopted I believe 5 or 6 kids. There all incredible young adults. I just hate seeing this boy's name brought up in this type of post. I'm a grandfather and I suppose it's the grandfather in me wanting to protect him from some of the blood suckers on this site that like to drag program's and kids threw the mud. I think the post could of been written and showed there point of view without naming names. Just my opinion.ive known Jim France and coached against Jim for 40+ years and I'm thrilled this young man stayed at home and played there.
Wildcat.....I guess I'm showing my age, and my old school thinking. I think a topic like this that involves a kid, especially an 8th grader should be left alone. I understand posting about coaches/programs but those involved are adults, but even then many times those posts can be taken too far. Nothing against anyone who posted about this but something like this is better left alone. I wish the young man and Manchester nothing but the best!
Old 01-11-18, 08:42 AM
Varsity

Old wildcat, that is exactly why I posted it. I wanted to nip all the crap in the St V post about him leaving. Some posters on Yappi are vultures and will do anything to smear or make fun of people. Hopefully they will now stop.
Old 01-11-18, 08:58 AM
All Region

gatorade_1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Old wildcat, that is exactly why I posted it. I wanted to nip all the crap in the St V post about him leaving. Some posters on Yappi are vultures and will do anything to smear or make fun of people. Hopefully they will now stop.
That makes sense! Hopefully that will stop all the side talk, good point.
Old 01-11-18, 01:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorade_1 View Post
Wildcat.....I guess I'm showing my age, and my old school thinking. I think a topic like this that involves a kid, especially an 8th grader should be left alone. I understand posting about coaches/programs but those involved are adults, but even then many times those posts can be taken too far. Nothing against anyone who posted about this but something like this is better left alone. I wish the young man and Manchester nothing but the best!
I agree 100% that's why I wish it would be deleted. I hate when a young man's name is brought up unless it's about stats and awards. Sorry this post just got to me.