Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-17, 10:06 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Rosemary beads.
Maybe crushed and rolled onto tiny lamb meatballs ? String 'em up to hang over coals ?

Sounds better than day-old raw Hawaiian tuna.....just saying... How you feeling, bud ? Better ?
Old 12-30-17, 10:16 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I apologize you have mistakenly associated fact and truth with complaining (insert the alternative expletive you mentioned). I make a strong supported statement countless coaches and administrators across Ohio who would tend to agree with. Only OHSAA and its pocket feeding privates and fans would disagree. Regardless if your rosemary beads are offended, take heed, tomorrow is a new day, and Mary will guide you to safe places. Cheaters and the unethical behavior in which they encompass commonly and historically have heavy association with privates. Particularly powerhouse Catholic programs with a distinct appetite for skewing OHSAA rules in their favor.
Rosemary Beads. Yep you coached and played at a Catholic school. No wonder you use terms like "snowflake". The only thing that is "strongly supported" is your delusions. Meanwhile while I wait for the new day tomorrow and Mary to guide me to safe places, the powerhouses of the state, both private and public, will continue to churn out championships. Because see, they don't waste time whining, they are too busy doing the things it takes to win.
Old 12-30-17, 10:34 PM
All Ohio

Very few HS can afford exercise science/ cscs guys as strength only coaches in this area. Maybe down south in Alabama or Florida where they pay dedicated strength coaches and possibly at some of the bigger schools up here, but I doubt St Vs is paying him that much.
Old 12-30-17, 10:35 PM
All Ohio

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Is someone going to let catholic school coach in on the Rosary joke?

Please, if you are going to pretend to be Catholic you should at least look it up on the internet.
Old 12-30-17, 10:41 PM
Moderated User

ClevelandLB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodridge94 View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/bbvojsqbrzz/

here is a video showing two 8th grade football players . One from ravenna and one from woodridge being trained at stv by their strength coach. Is this their process to bring kids into their football program? I guess we will see what the ohsaa has to say about this. Im so tired of this school taking our players and no one does anything about it. This has to be a major violation.
27-17.
Old 12-30-17, 10:43 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Is someone going to let catholic school coach in on the Rosary joke?

Please, if you are going to pretend to be Catholic you should at least look it up on the internet.
The spelling infraction was intentional.
Old 12-30-17, 10:44 PM
All Ohio

Back to the issue at hand? Is it an OHSAA violation or not? Looks like it depends on whether you are a private, public, St. V fan or not. Does anyone know for sure?
Old 12-30-17, 10:46 PM
All Ohio

Guess I should have read the content first. He kind of lost my interest with the mud slinging.
Old 12-30-17, 10:47 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Rosemary Beads. Yep you coached and played at a Catholic school. No wonder you use terms like "snowflake". The only thing that is "strongly supported" is your delusions. Meanwhile while I wait for the new day tomorrow and Mary to guide me to safe places, the powerhouses of the state, both private and public, will continue to churn out championships. Because see, they don't waste time whining, they are too busy doing the things it takes to win.
I knew the intentional mis-spell would generate a good response!
Old 12-30-17, 10:50 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Old 12-30-17, 10:53 PM
Moderated User

ClevelandLB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodridge94 View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbvOjSqBrZz/

Here is a video showing two 8th grade football players . One from Ravenna and one from Woodridge being trained at STV by their strength coach. Is this their process to bring kids into their football program? I guess we will see what the OHSAA has to say about this. Im so tired of this school taking our players and no one does anything about it. This has to be a MAJOR violation.
So they are "your" players? Sounds as though you have owenership rights. Please clarify. Because the Woodridge player you are talking about has an extensive family history at St V. If you think for one minute he was going to stay and play for a program that goes 10-0 in the regular season only to get wiped off the map week 11 every year you are simply foolish. Nobody cares if you are PTC Champs. At least not the player you are referring to.
Old 12-30-17, 11:02 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Uhh. Sure
Old 12-30-17, 11:21 PM
All Ohio

I agree that district does not own players or have rights to them. The OHSAA does not agree with me. There are specific contact rules with middle school kids and more specific rules regarding their eighth grade year. Personal feelings aside, this looks like a potential violation. OHSAA does not care about legacy, religion or intent. Where you attend school in eighth grade is the only thing they care about. Woodbridge and Ravenna are not feeder schools to St V in the eyes of the OHSAA.
Old 12-31-17, 12:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandLB View Post
Quote:

Here is a video showing two 8th grade football players . One from Ravenna and one from Woodridge being trained at STV by their strength coach. Is this their process to bring kids into their football program? I guess we will see what the OHSAA has to say about this. Im so tired of this school taking our players and no one does anything about it. This has to be a MAJOR violation.
27-17.
Separate playoffs
Old 12-31-17, 12:08 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
He's like an evil genius....or something...
Old 12-31-17, 01:21 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:

According to the newspaper your superintendent wants to advertise on billboards ala Hoban. Trying to get a failed levy passed too. Good luck with that one.
Old 12-31-17, 09:26 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
I really have no idea whether this constitutes a violation or not. If it does, then the Irish should be punished accordingly. My gut feeling is there is nothing to it. I draw that uninformed conclusion from the fact that if it were such an obvious violation, then I can't imagine the strength coach would have allowed someone to be so openly videoing it. That would be like the Hoban coach bringing a film crew with him as he went to the grade school gym class! Still, it looks like it should be a pretty straightforward question. And, I'm sure the Irish will be open and cooperative answering any questions asked if there is any investigation. Still, this seems to be so open and so obvious that I can't imagine there is anything to it.
Old 12-31-17, 10:11 AM
All Ohio

Hoban’s coach’s visit to their feeder school was open and obvious too because it made sense that he could visit what the OHSAA designated as their feeder school. Thanks for bringing that up. FYI, non Hoban fans and the OHSAA felt different.

According to this Hoban can open their brand new facility and their properly certified strength coaches can share their knowledge with future high schoolers from any middle school. That is great news. I am sure if this video was at Hoban everyone defending this would come to Hoban’s defense purely on principle.
Old 12-31-17, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I don't much see a difference between this and the various sports clinics many schools do.
Old 12-31-17, 10:20 AM
Varsity

sporty2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Q3. Bylaw 4-9-2 defines recruiting as the use of influence by an individual, either connected or not connected to a school, to secure the enrollment of a prospective student-athlete.

The following would not be permissible during a school visitation:
a) Meeting with a coach to discuss prospects for next year

b)**** Having a personal session in the weight room for training with a coach or strength staff

c) Having an after-school workout with a specific sports team that might be in season.

I can keep posting this for you guys who are wondering. These are the bylaws . They broke the obvious rules .Feel free to google the OHSAA bylaws . They are in trouble and I would expect some MAJOR trouble for the Irish.
Old 12-31-17, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Im so tired of this school taking our players and no one does anything about it.
Our players?

You mean someone else's child to whom you have no connection.
Old 12-31-17, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Rosemary beads.
I prefer sage beads.
Old 12-31-17, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2015 View Post
Q3. Bylaw 4-9-2 defines recruiting as the use of influence by an individual, either connected or not connected to a school, to secure the enrollment of a prospective student-athlete.

b)**** Having a personal session in the weight room for training with a coach or strength staff

c) Having an after-school workout with a specific sports team that might be in season.

I can keep posting this for you guys who are wondering. These are the bylaws . They broke the obvious rules .Feel free to google the OHSAA bylaws . They are in trouble and I would expect some MAJOR trouble for the Irish.
Could you please point out to me an example, post-Whitmer, of the OHSAA putting up a real fight? If SVSM is breaking the rules, they deserve everything they get, as does any rule/bylaw violator, but I've seen nothing to indicate that the OHSAA has the stones to prosecute anything in the face of a fight.
Old 12-31-17, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

OHSAA Bylaw R(2)(D)(ii):

The Association, on behalf of its members, shall steadfastly prosecute any member school in violation of the rules and bylaws set forth herein, under the following circumstances:
* The violation is admitted and uncontested by the violating school;
* The violating school has no lawyers that scare the association;
* The prosecution will require little money or fortitude to prosecute; and
* No emails or other embarrassing communications by Association employees are discovered.
Old 12-31-17, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
I prefer sage beads.
Now I want to say thyme beads, but I'm not going to.
Old 12-31-17, 11:02 AM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Catholic institutions have ruined high school interscholastic sports and created unfair competitive imbalance in OHSAA state tournments in which they engage. OHSAA should change their name to OHSCCA (Ohio High School Catholic Cheaters Association). For the very few Catholic instituions abiding by the rules, the majority do not.
Bingo! Problem is, they are "machines." Hard to catch...and usually not involving head coaches. Quite the college booster set up. Usually takes place before high school. Moeller is the dirtiest of all in Cincinnati. They have been called out with solid evidence in the past and nothing happens with OHSAA. Not sure why not?

Those schools are bullet proof and know it.
Old 12-31-17, 11:03 AM
Varsity

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
It's easy when you have the Almighty on your side.
Old 12-31-17, 11:14 AM
Varsity

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Not advocating for recruiting of athletes in any sport at the high school level but how is a Private school supposed to stay open without sending out letters, billboards, or open houses. They have to do this stuff in order to keep their enrollment numbers up and the doors open. I'm the Akron area you have 4 Catholic high schools, how else is a family supposed to make a big decision without seeing the school? It's not like you have 1 or 2 big feeder middle schools in the area but you have multiple 20-30 classes that get broken up to 4 schools plus the publics. Also if you walk the halls of any of these schools most of these students come from Catholic grad schools and if you look harder you'll find that a lot of the kids playing sports are coming from Catholic grad schools or a Catholic parish. There are ALWAYS a couple kids a years who are not Catholic going to the privates for sports. This has been happening since the privates opened up.
Old 12-31-17, 11:22 AM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2015 View Post

Keep reaching Sporty....the guy is allowed to make a living.

Since you continue to quote the bylaw...the key word is “influence”. I hear no reference to St V in the video.....I don’t hear him imploring these two individuals to come to St V....and there are no football coaches present. Where is the influence? There isn’t any and thats why 90% of the posters here disagree with your opinion.....including Cougar who is pretty well versed in the current state of high school football...and I mean that as a compliment.
Old 12-31-17, 11:31 AM
Varsity

sporty2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
So would you think if there were 8th grade football players working out at Hobans state of the art facility with top end strength coaches would be ok? Or would that be influence?......You STV ers would go ape crazy if you saw a video of that and well the entire state of Ohio would go crazy too.
Closed Thread