Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-22-17, 10:52 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
To be clear, not once have I knocked the Kids from FL.

When an administration sends out a survey to parents and community members asking their uninformed opinion of a coach, I have to question whether they as a school and community have what it takes to be champions.

FR parents and community members did not understand the commitment needed until a few years ago.

Until FL understands that they won't compete outside of the CCC and certainly would not be a mid level much less a top tier MAC school.
my understanding is that the survey was sent out that dealt with ALL fall sports/coaches......still not sure what the purpose is for doing that
Old 12-22-17, 10:55 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
All the same could have been said about Fort Recovery pre-2015. Loramie DOES have the ingredients for football success if it can get a good coach and stay out of his way.
that is a great post, you hit the head right on the nail...
Old 12-22-17, 10:58 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Hear about any possible candidates bigkat?
Old 12-23-17, 08:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
nope....
Old 12-23-17, 08:48 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really not sure why anyone would want the job other than maybe use it to build a resume and use it as a stepping stone for another position somewhere else.
Old 12-23-17, 01:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Really not sure why anyone would want the job other than maybe use it to build a resume and use it as a stepping stone for another position somewhere else.
Sounds about right or like I said before in the other Fort Loramie thread, It'll probably be somebody fresh out of college. It worked for Marion Local. Loramie's stunt they pulled will limit the talent pool greatly that I don't think ANY established coach or even a coach with Head Coaching experience would be interested.
Old 12-27-17, 09:42 AM
All District

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sounds about right or like I said before in the other Fort Loramie thread, It'll probably be somebody fresh out of college. It worked for Marion Local. Loramie's stunt they pulled will limit the talent pool greatly that I don't think ANY established coach or even a coach with Head Coaching experience would be interested.
This program has got light years to go in order to be respected in this region of the state. For starters, they need to stick with a coach. This will be the fourth coach in its 13 year history if I am correct? Loramie is a town where if you live there, chances are you have put down roots there. Find a coach and stick with them. Secondly, they need to figure out their conference issues. Competing in the CCC typically won't get you past the first or second round of the playoffs as you rack up a pretty record and then get stomped by the likes of the Minsters of the world. Until this team starts to dominate the CCC year in and year out (like they should be doing), the MAC conversation can just stop.

If this program found some consistency and moderate success come weeks 11, 12, etc then this program would easily be the biggest no brainer when the MAC comes calling. Until then, this program has had the success it has in spite of themselves.
Old 12-27-17, 10:38 AM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
A good hire to consider

Go hire Lance Schneider. Yes his tenure at Northmont ended badly. Yes it will be a pick with some controversy. Fact is though, Lance is a high quality coach who has experience at the highest level. He has paid a heavy price and will not make the same mistake again. He also will build the strength and conditioning program to the highest level possible. I truly believe he would be there as long as they'd have him. He would relish a second chance and reward the community with the highest quality program possible. He will also arrive with two high quality coaches to help him that have engineered program building in the past. As I said, this is a controversial pick but it would be a great hire.
Old 12-27-17, 12:50 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
This program has got light years to go in order to be respected in this region of the state. For starters, they need to stick with a coach. This will be the fourth coach in its 13 year history if I am correct? Loramie is a town where if you live there, chances are you have put down roots there. Find a coach and stick with them. Secondly, they need to figure out their conference issues. Competing in the CCC typically won't get you past the first or second round of the playoffs as you rack up a pretty record and then get stomped by the likes of the Minsters of the world. Until this team starts to dominate the CCC year in and year out (like they should be doing), the MAC conversation can just stop.

If this program found some consistency and moderate success come weeks 11, 12, etc then this program would easily be the biggest no brainer when the MAC comes calling. Until then, this program has had the success it has in spite of themselves.
they have only been in the CCC for one year....and I think they won it or tied for first???
Old 12-27-17, 03:37 PM
All Ohio

Tied for 2nd. Like Bigkat said it was only their first year in the league.
TEAM CCC ALL
MIAMI EAST 8-0 9-1
BETHEL 7-1 9-1
FT. LORAMIE 7-1 8-2
ANSONIA 6-2 6-4
COVINGTON 5-3 5-5
ARCANUM 4-4 4-6
TC NORTH 3-5 4-6
TRI-VILLAGE 2-6 3-7
NATIONAL TRAIL 2-6 3-7
TV SOUTH 2-6 2-8
MISSISSINAWA 1-7 1-9
BRADFORD 0-8 0-10

Source: http://buccsfootball.com/
Old 12-28-17, 03:58 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
I don't see Fort Loramie going to the MAC any time soon. Unless it's just for football only like Anna. The Shelby County League is pretty competitive in every other sport and there's really no reason to leave it altogether.
Old 12-28-17, 04:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
I don't see Fort Loramie going to the MAC any time soon. Unless it's just for football only like Anna. The Shelby County League is pretty competitive in every other sport and there's really no reason to leave it altogether.
i think the MAC is done with adding teams just for football.....the athletic directors who made that mistake are no longer AD's at the schools
Old 12-28-17, 05:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
It would be. I would like to see Anna join for all sports but that's another topic for another day. The MAC would only add another member if one would leave. However an interesting thing could happen if Parkway ends up canceling a football season or cuts their program (If their Club Soccer becomes successful). Then Fort Loramie ends up in the conversation. If we had to add a member today, It would be Lehman. Like I said though, the MAC isn't looking at expansion. Hopefully Loramie can find themselves a good coach.
Old 12-28-17, 08:44 PM
All World

Quote:
It would be. I would like to see Anna join for all sports but that's another topic for another day. The MAC would only add another member if one would leave. However an interesting thing could happen if Parkway ends up canceling a football season or cuts their program (If their Club Soccer becomes successful). Then Fort Loramie ends up in the conversation. If we had to add a member today, It would be Lehman. Like I said though, the MAC isn't looking at expansion. Hopefully Loramie can find themselves a good coach.
no way will Lehman be added.....
Old 12-28-17, 09:03 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
no way will Lehman be added.....
It's not very likely. Loramie rushing off good football coaches after a playoff appearance will never get them in either. I would've supported Loramie joining the league until that happened. But it's a moot point as the league isn't expanding at this time.
Old 12-29-17, 12:58 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's not very likely. Loramie rushing off good football coaches after a playoff appearance will never get them in either. I would've supported Loramie joining the league until that happened. But it's a moot point as the league isn't expanding at this time.
I am not a fan of Anna being in for just football and Lehman won't be added the same reason why LCC always got turned down.
Old 12-29-17, 01:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I am not a fan of Anna being in for just football and Lehman won't be added the same reason why LCC always got turned down.
Id prefer them as a full member but as long as the SCAL exists, that'll be what it is. I was under the impression that Anna was taking what would be New Knoxville's spot in the MAC rotation. Not sure how true that is or not. If Loramie finds a coach and sticks with them, then they can reenter the MAC conversation. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Parkway program going forward #'s wise. IMO Lehman and LCC are two different animals.
Old 12-29-17, 04:41 PM
All World

Quote:
Id prefer them as a full member but as long as the SCAL exists, that'll be what it is. I was under the impression that Anna was taking what would be New Knoxville's spot in the MAC rotation. Not sure how true that is or not. If Loramie finds a coach and sticks with them, then they can reenter the MAC conversation. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Parkway program going forward #'s wise. IMO Lehman and LCC are two different animals.
lehman and LCC are two different animals that need not be in the MAC.....not sure if Loramie will enter the conversation even if Goodwin would head there, think they have a good league that they are satisfied with being in the CCC , and staying in the SHelby county league in their other sports
Old 12-30-17, 03:06 PM
All Ohio

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
They need to be on the phone with Nathan Hyatt. The guy totally transformed Bradford in one year and at one point in the season actually had people in town talking playoffs. Those are conversations that never took place in that area before or since he left. Given the time at Vandalia I think he could have done big things. Would be a good fit for FL if you ask me.
Old 12-30-17, 03:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
They need to be on the phone with Nathan Hyatt. The guy totally transformed Bradford in one year and at one point in the season actually had people in town talking playoffs. Those are conversations that never took place in that area before or since he left. Given the time at Vandalia I think he could have done big things. Would be a good fit for FL if you ask me.
That's not a bad suggestion. But I would Imagine if he'd go 7-4 and 7-4 that he'd be ran off just like Parks. What he did for the Bradford program was pretty remarkable
Old 12-30-17, 05:02 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bradford went to the playoffs in 2012
Old 01-09-18, 08:40 AM
All World

anybody hear anything concerning this opening?
Old 01-09-18, 12:10 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh this is an absolute joke right? The year he totally transformed Bradford, I would encourage you to look at the joke of a schedule they played due to being an independent for a year. Bradford also used to be a darn good team in the 80s and also had some good teams in 2009-2012ish with a darn good rb, I believe. Hyatt will not get another Head Coaching job for awhile if at all.

FtL should look at maybe hiring the best coach they can, maybe Lance Schneider, and stop sending out a terrible survey.
Old 01-09-18, 05:18 PM
All World

possible former Anna coach in the running?
Old 01-09-18, 05:25 PM
Freshman

maccoaching is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Was in the running. Fort Loramie has their guy. Board meeting pending.
Old 01-09-18, 06:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
That would've been interesting
Old 01-09-18, 07:10 PM
All Ohio

southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoaching View Post
So when will this announcement be made? Lance Schneider would be an excellent hire In my opinion.
Old 01-09-18, 07:49 PM
All District

Weiskittle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoaching View Post
Come on, give us a name

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-18, 08:09 PM
All District

Percy Dovetonsils is on a distinguished road
Hearing from a committee member, Coach Schneider was the best candidate, but they do not have a teaching job for him.
Old 01-09-18, 08:42 PM
All District

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It'll probably be somebody fresh out of college. It worked for Marion Local.
Marion hired Tim Goodwin, the coach I believe you're referring to, after he had served as an assistant for five years at Bluffton high school (I think it was Bluffton).