Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-10-18, 07:54 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't see any pity parties in session here. Just some facts that affect the level of programs .

Warren's situation was a while ago, are they still getting it done? I really don't know their history lately .

Central Ohio has on average smaller D-1 schools than other parts of the state , lower enrollments more school splits , just facts, and it does affect talent accumulation at schools in those districts doesn't it? Just saying the obvious facts isn't asking for pity , just saying what it is and how if can affect the landscape of a districts football programs
Old 01-10-18, 09:22 AM
Freshman

cal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Valley FB View Post
I’ve been hearing rumors about the diocese building a private school in Delaware County for the last 15 or so years.

Plus, kids don’t have to be Catholic to attend it.
The diocese had/has land in Jerome Township in Union County. The rumor was a new HS was going to be built there like 20 years ago but things have changed, apparently.
Old 01-10-18, 08:40 PM
All Ohio

doubtme is on a distinguished road
my sources were money. they had been saying this was the hire since mid december
Old 01-10-18, 11:32 PM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
The diocese had/has land in Jerome Township in Union County. The rumor was a new HS was going to be built there like 20 years ago but things have changed, apparently.

They picked the wrong county. Donít get me wrong, Union is booming too, but not like Delaware.
Old 01-19-18, 12:43 PM
All Region

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Has Berlin named the winter and spring coaches yet ?
Old 05-08-18, 12:09 PM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
I don’t have time or desire to go back and read the entire thread, but has anyone explained how kids will be assigned to Olentangy Berlin next school year? For example, are they going strictly by attendance zones, or do 2019 seniors get to stay at their current school?

I guess what I’m getting at... will Orange, Liberty, and Olentangy lose kids who were in their 2017 varsity football rosters?
Old 05-08-18, 01:38 PM
All Ohio

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
I donít have time or desire to go back and read the entire thread, but has anyone explained how kids will be assigned to Olentangy Berlin next school year? For example, are they going strictly by attendance zones, or do 2019 seniors get to stay at their current school?

I guess what Iím getting at... will Orange, Liberty, and Olentangy lose kids who were in their 2017 varsity football rosters?
In the past, a first year Olentangy school did not have seniors. The juniors in the school zone would be the oldest in the district. IF they follow that practice again the 2018-19 seniors would stay at the school they currently attend.
Old 05-09-18, 07:27 AM
All District

1995 is on a distinguished road
If the were starters as sophomores they will.
Old 05-09-18, 08:33 AM
Freshman

TheDuq is on a distinguished road
The fact of the matter is Olentangy High School will lose most of it's best players to Berlin in the next few years. You won't see much difference next season, but it will be there. Probably a first round loss. 2019 will be difficult for playoffs. Olentangy will bounce back again stronger than ever in 5-6 years though with Evan's Farm going up, but even that project looks to be really taking it's time, which was thought to build rapidly giving way for Berlin to be built in the first place. It's not a surprise that Orange and Liberty will be playing with the big boys in the new OCC Alignment, they know the enrollments and overall sports will be much better at those places for the next 6-7 years. Berlin will eventually, or should eventually be very strong once they have a class go all the way through.
Old 05-09-18, 10:35 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
If they don't find a way to turn rt 23 into a six lane hwy with off and on lanes instead of turn signals, it's going to turn into (already is really) a worse version of Ann Arbor's Washtenaw Ave or any Peachtree/hwy in Atlanta.