Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 11-06-17, 07:50 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,972
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
That sticks with people.Its called character.He whines and whips the crowd into a frenzy when things don't go his way.Ive been to a lot of Mentor games.Big games.Ive watched this.The championship game debacle could have cost that young man dearly.Triv has his warts.So does Rotsky.No denying that.Well versed on Rotsky for years before Euclid.This was not meant to compare whose a bigger azz.They both can be azzes.Scumbag?????Relax a little.I stated in an earlier post that Mentor was responsible for helping Euclid get into the G.C.C.Im not the enemy


Comparing triv to Rotsky is a complete joke. Everyone can make mistakes. People bring up that one krizancic incident from 4 years ago because they have nothing else like I said. And that was more on the medical people anyways for clearing the kid to go back in ..

Anyways I'm done talking about that. Isolated incident. You have nothing else

Rotsky meanwhile has a book on him on being dirty. And he complains WAY more than triv or any other coach for that matter

Anyone who saw our game this year saw the guy on the fricken field every other play. He talked to the officials 6 or 7 times before finally being flagged for a sideline warning. Then he was on the field a ton again after. He should have been flagged the 15 yards

Guy throws more fits than any coach at the hs level by a very wide margin


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11-06-17, 08:17 AM
Broadway Joe Broadway Joe is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-16
Posts: 70
Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnatianAMDG View Post
Ignatius does not accept transfers past sophomore year, unless the student is coming from another Jesuit high school. This is a long-standing policy.
http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/bl...illiams_f.html

I loved this one, Oregon to St. Ignatius...Chico recruiting the country!!!
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-06-17, 08:21 AM
Broadway Joe Broadway Joe is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-16
Posts: 70
Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
He destroyed the culture of the school.

Why play for someone when you know you could lose your starting spot from a transfer?
Getting the kids ready for life. You can't do the job, we'll find someone who can, next man up!
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-06-17, 08:31 AM
Broadway Joe Broadway Joe is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-16
Posts: 70
Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
https://twitter.com/euclidschools/st...30824736382976
33 second mark...I guess he wants "Iggy"


1:49 mark....he believes he should have beaten Ignatius.
Did Kirchner say he didn't know #23 bc Rotzky pulled him from a local college practice and suited up for last Friday night?

All the complaining in the world won't do any good, just beat him and he stops talking.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-06-17, 08:49 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,275
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I've read 5 pages of this thread and after tuning out the fanboys and haters, I've come to the following conclusions.

Rotsky is an intense, often offensive, ego maniacal carpetbagger who may bend the rules in his quest to win football games.

Rotsky is a winner and a compassionate man who works hard and spends his own money to help inner city kids with no direction or guidance, teaching them skills and traits that will help them well beyond the football field.

Contrary to the closed minded perspectives of the fanboys and haters, Rotsky is a two-sided coin. You have to take the good with the bad. Any AD and district that hires him knows of both and has to weigh it all out and be willing to live with the consequences.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 11-06-17, 08:56 AM
Broadway Joe Broadway Joe is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-16
Posts: 70
Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I've read 5 pages of this thread and after tuning out the fanboys and haters, I've come to the following conclusions.

Rotsky is an intense, often offensive, ego maniacal carpetbagger who may bend the rules in his quest to win football games.

Rotsky is a winner and a compassionate man who works hard and spends his own money to help inner city kids with no direction or guidance, teaching them skills and traits that will help them well beyond the football field.

Contrary to the closed minded perspectives of the fanboys and haters, Rotsky is a two-sided coin. You have to take the good with the bad. Any AD and district that hires him knows of both and has to weigh it all out and be willing to live with the consequences.
Just like in real life... weigh your options and live with your decisions.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-06-17, 09:17 AM
lc5397 lc5397 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-30-10
Posts: 2,549
lc5397 is on a distinguished road
I think this is pretty accurate. The bad you take with the good is why he never lasts anywhere very long.

I don't 100% agree with your characterization of him as "compassionate". He generally treats people pretty horribly if they don't directly contribute to him winning on the field. While I'm sure he has helped and done right be many players over the years, at the end of the day, Rotsky is about Rotsky. It's about winning and winning as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I've read 5 pages of this thread and after tuning out the fanboys and haters, I've come to the following conclusions.

Rotsky is an intense, often offensive, ego maniacal carpetbagger who may bend the rules in his quest to win football games.

Rotsky is a winner and a compassionate man who works hard and spends his own money to help inner city kids with no direction or guidance, teaching them skills and traits that will help them well beyond the football field.

Contrary to the closed minded perspectives of the fanboys and haters, Rotsky is a two-sided coin. You have to take the good with the bad. Any AD and district that hires him knows of both and has to weigh it all out and be willing to live with the consequences.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-06-17, 09:56 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,275
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
How about the red flags are there and you take a big risk hiring this guy.
Ummm...well...duh.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-06-17, 10:36 AM
Lakeshore5 Lakeshore5 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-11-13
Posts: 500
Lakeshore5 is on a distinguished road
Just to be clear, the kids at Maple and Euclid were all better off with presence of Rotsky. More kids participate in football at Maple and Euclid, not sure if there was a huge change at Heights and I doubt there's been a drop-off with Mac. High school sports are about the kids and when a guy, as crazy as he may be, improves the lives of the kids, I'd hope most can tolerate his antics.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 11-06-17, 01:21 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,275
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
Why can't you have the good without the bad? I'm sure he asks his players to change their habits. Why can't he?
You'd have to ask him. I'm not defending the guy, just pointing out the positives and the negatives.

Unfortunately, it's rare that the universe works that way. The yin and the yang, the good and the bad...
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 11-06-17, 04:10 PM
hsfan60 hsfan60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Posts: 1,854
hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
wow, brutal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Next time you see him, ask him how many extra push-ups he would scream/command to a dumb-founded DB that slipped up and audibly mumbled, "I can't believe he's actually a priest...". There's nothing wrong with being tough or loud or even a bit profane as far as I'm concerned. It's football. Being a hypocrite is another matter.

As far as the cheating accusations go, Rotsky has so many haters that it's pretty difficult to believe that it could go unchecked for long. So many seem willing to shine a light on him that little could remain unseen. You may get your "I told you so !" moment some day, but you should really be wondering how it has eluded you for so long. He must be an evil genius to hold you horde at bay for so long now

Do you have any inclination to answer the rest of my previous post ?
When you start using a priest to justify Jr there is nothing worth discussing anymore, we're done!

Shinning a light on past truths could kids & parents who may be caught up in the fray! not worth it! He'll have his ultimate day when it really counts!
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 11-06-17, 04:55 PM
IgnatianAMDG IgnatianAMDG is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-18-06
Location: God's Town
Posts: 853
IgnatianAMDG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/bl...illiams_f.html

I loved this one, Oregon to St. Ignatius...Chico recruiting the country!!!
Williams transferred from another Jesuit high school.

As I said, the school does not accept transfers past sophomore year unless they come from another Jesuit school. The only exception they might make, that I can think of, is for military families.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 11-06-17, 05:07 PM
Friday night light Friday night light is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-18-16
Posts: 107
Friday night light is on a distinguished road
Of course participation goes up!! When you grab kids from outside the program to come and play you get more players.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-06-17, 06:39 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,783
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a huge difference between turning a program around the right way and cheating. Don't let the he helps kid excuse steer you away from what a crooked coach he is.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 11-06-17, 06:55 PM
Friday night light Friday night light is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-18-16
Posts: 107
Friday night light is on a distinguished road
When Hobans coach was accused of similar shenanigans on another thread in this forum the uproar calling for sanctions went on forever. When Massillon had a kid from another part of the state come to play for them it was like Watergate all over again. Why does Rotsky get a pass just because the kids he gets are from neighboring communities??? I don't see a difference at all.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-06-17, 07:21 PM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 345
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Furthermore, Kyle and Lombardo generally do not accept tranfers. 95% of their players come from the 8th grade to Ignatius and Ed's directly.
This is not completely accurate. Ed's seems to get many "unusual" out of state transfers almost annually. Ed's acts more like a Bishop Gorman or John Bosco or Thomas Aquinas than any other school in Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-06-17, 07:25 PM
hsfan60 hsfan60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Posts: 1,854
hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Chanel's rep took quite a hit from the bus incident.
The bus incident was with the BB program, bad things are bound to happen when there is No supervision on the bus. Nothing to do with JR at all!

There were similar incidents on the fan or fans used for football related to a trainer not at the school. Can't say for sure whether he knew or not. Hard to imagine being clueless in a small school like this when kids talk. Also probably because no coaches on board either case.
Definitely doesn't make anyone look good!
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-06-17, 07:31 PM
lc5397 lc5397 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-30-10
Posts: 2,549
lc5397 is on a distinguished road
I'd be curious who all these out of state transfers are. I've been pretty close to the program the last eight years and can only think of one who transferred in from out of state (Kean transferred in before his junior year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
This is not completely accurate. Ed's seems to get many "unusual" out of state transfers almost annually. Ed's acts more like a Bishop Gorman or John Bosco or Thomas Aquinas than any other school in Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 11-06-17, 08:06 PM
EaglePride01 EaglePride01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Posts: 6,082
EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
This is not completely accurate. Ed's seems to get many "unusual" out of state transfers almost annually. Ed's acts more like a Bishop Gorman or John Bosco or Thomas Aquinas than any other school in Ohio
Utter nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 11-06-17, 08:21 PM
bluengold bluengold is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-14-01
Posts: 1,955
bluengold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/bl...illiams_f.html

I loved this one, Oregon to St. Ignatius...Chico recruiting the country!!!


This was a Williams family decision and not recruitment. The Ignatius administration was unaware until the day they showed up at the school to request transferring in. They allowed the transfer because the young man was coming from Portland Jesuit, a brother Jesuit high school.

Instead of speculating, just contact Williams’ father and ask why they made the move – here’s a link to his contact info at the Univ of Akron. His email address and phone # are listed.

http://gozips.com/staff.aspx?staff=1
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 11-06-17, 08:28 PM
EaglePride01 EaglePride01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Posts: 6,082
EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold View Post
This was a Williams family decision and not recruitment. The Ignatius administration was unaware until the day they showed up at the school to request transferring in. They allowed the transfer because the young man was coming from Portland Jesuit, a brother Jesuit high school.

Instead of speculating, just contact Williams’ father and ask why they made the move – here’s a link to his contact info at the Univ of Akron. His email address and phone # are listed.

http://gozips.com/staff.aspx?staff=1
Nothing you can say will justify it to people who already have their minds made up. They will point to the whopping two high-profile upperclass transfers our respective schools have had in twenty years as evidence that we are dirty.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-06-17, 08:31 PM
bluengold bluengold is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-14-01
Posts: 1,955
bluengold
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
Nothing you can say will justify it to people who already have their minds made up. They will point to the whopping two high-profile upperclass transfers our respective schools have had in twenty years as evidence that we are dirty.
You're right.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-06-17, 10:34 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 551
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Comparing triv to Rotsky is a complete joke. Everyone can make mistakes. People bring up that one krizancic incident from 4 years ago because they have nothing else like I said. And that was more on the medical people anyways for clearing the kid to go back in ..

Anyways I'm done talking about that. Isolated incident. You have nothing else

Rotsky meanwhile has a book on him on being dirty. And he complains WAY more than triv or any other coach for that matter

Anyone who saw our game this year saw the guy on the fricken field every other play. He talked to the officials 6 or 7 times before finally being flagged for a sideline warning. Then he was on the field a ton again after. He should have been flagged the 15 yards

Guy throws more fits than any coach at the hs level by a very wide margin


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course Rotsky leads the league in tantrums.Thats obvious.That Krizancic thing should've never happened.NEVER!!!ONCE IS TOO MUCH. Again I'm not the enemy.Both these coaches can be azzes.Because Rotsky gets out of hand (which I don't like) doesn't Make Triv a saint .I remember him getting shyte for running the score up.At least I can admit my coach has issues.My 22 year co-worker's son starts for Mentor.Its not like I haven't seen Triv in action.Read his quotes.Or read numerous complaints from the Cards fans on this very forum over the years.I have no malice towards him at all.Both coaches are successful in their own right.So I enjoy both.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-07-17, 05:01 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,972
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Let us discuss Jeff Rotsky...

Once again pointing out one isolated incident to attempt to compare triv to your career slime ball and whiner coach is a joke

Rotsky is a way higher level of slime. It's a stupid comparison

You are just making stuff up now to dig your hole further. Triv puts in backups all the time when stuff gets out of hand and runs it straight up the middle

Nobody is perfect. But his main issue isn't with being dirty. It's being too loyal to defensive assistants who suck and bring that side of the ball down


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-07-17, 05:47 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,859
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
When you start using a priest to justify Jr there is nothing worth discussing anymore, we're done!

Shinning a light on past truths could kids & parents who may be caught up in the fray! not worth it! He'll have his ultimate day when it really counts!
So, you have no real response, do you ? Just some phony "higher ground" posturing and an attempt at a George Costanza exit.

This is always the way with you. Only those that fit your formula are approved, you excuse and ignore the blemishes of those that you have decided to like. Meanwhile, anyone that crosses you goes under the microscope - except you'll completely disregard any positives when you have your microscope out. Then you'll amplify the bad and go to the worst case with all your "concern". You never change.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-07-17, 05:52 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,859
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
The bus incident was with the BB program, bad things are bound to happen when there is No supervision on the bus. Nothing to do with JR at all!

There were similar incidents on the fan or fans used for football related to a trainer not at the school. Can't say for sure whether he knew or not. Hard to imagine being clueless in a small school like this when kids talk. Also probably because no coaches on board either case.
Definitely doesn't make anyone look good!
Perhaps his point was that Rotsky was there at a time in which the culture was changing anyway ?

Somebody with more 'puter chops than me needs to change this gif -



- to THANKS, ROTSKY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-07-17, 07:58 AM
Maple Stang Maple Stang is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-23-10
Posts: 1,156
Maple Stang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc5397 View Post
Maybe because he's a scumbag? Those same people have nothing but amazing things to say about Ginn and Glenville.
Scumbag? Amazing! Who's life have you made a difference in? How much of yourself do you give to those in need? His players love him! Its funny how so many chime in about the man. Do any of you know him? For some of his players, its the first time in their lives they've ever had someone truly care about them and the direction they are headed. Believe me, I know first hand that football comes after a few other things on his list of priorities. While everyone on here has something to say, he's out in the community making a difference. Giving hope and guidance to young men who otherwise would be lost and forgotten. Check it out. rotskyfoundation.org. Ridiculous
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-07-17, 08:40 AM
lc5397 lc5397 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-30-10
Posts: 2,549
lc5397 is on a distinguished road
A lot of people love the current POTUS. That doesn't mean he's a good human being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Stang View Post
His players love him!
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-07-17, 09:14 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,559
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Stang View Post
Scumbag? Amazing! Who's life have you made a difference in? How much of yourself do you give to those in need? His players love him! Its funny how so many chime in about the man. Do any of you know him? For some of his players, its the first time in their lives they've ever had someone truly care about them and the direction they are headed. Believe me, I know first hand that football comes after a few other things on his list of priorities. While everyone on here has something to say, he's out in the community making a difference. Giving hope and guidance to young men who otherwise would be lost and forgotten. Check it out. rotskyfoundation.org. Ridiculous
I know Jeff, grew up in the same neighborhood and while I went to the local catholic school and he went to Beachwood we had over lapping friends. Ran in similar circles in adult life too but drifted apart when he started to coach.

The one thing that always stood out to me about Jeff was his incredible knows it all attitude to everything in life, to use a Yiddish term his chutzpah is off the charts. This could be considered by some to be a positive, especially when it comes to procuring talent, but when dealing with folks in positions of authority it comes off as condescending and of being above the law. As a kid he lost a lot of friends quickly because of this and in his coaching life there is a reason that he is on job 4 and not ensconced in any of the schools he was coaching. My most vivid memory of the guy from back in the day was he did literally pick up the ball and go home when things in a pick up game didn't go his way; he seems to be the same type of person in his adult life.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-07-17, 09:37 AM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 1,095
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc5397 View Post
A lot of people love the current POTUS. That doesn't mean he's a good human being.
Same is true for YOU, ME, President Obama, President Bush, Rotsky blah blah....

Trump Derangement Syndrome makes an appearance on the Yappi HS football board on a Rotsky thread lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Euclid Head Coach Jeff Rotsky Is A Maniac Bball216 Football 43 09-26-17 12:41 PM
Week 5. (2-2) Spr. Cath. Central @ (4-0) West Jeff roughriderpride Football 4 09-24-17 09:31 PM
Jeff Jaggers Clinic - OCT. 4th and 2018 Spring/Summer Camp Dates Alan Fried Wres. Ac. Wrestling 0 09-12-17 08:47 PM
The Billionaire List: Jeff Bezos Was (Briefly) World's Richest Man Yappi General Board 13 07-28-17 05:36 PM
Forum to Discuss the New "Yappi Sports Wiki" Yappi Yappi Sports Wiki 0 05-01-17 04:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz