Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-31-17, 11:48 AM
Junior Varsity

LaneDixon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballin50 View Post
As a Lebanon Community Member here is my opinion as of right now lol. First, lets wait and see what kind of teaching positions are going to be open. I think that is a major part in this whole hiring process. As an educator myself I've been waiting for the chance to apply to Lebanon but there has never been an opening for my content area. Bottom line is once teachers get hired by Lebanon they stay until retirement. I've also noticed the trend of hiring alumni as teachers. I doubt Lebanon hires a head football coach who isn't a certified teacher or one that they can't put into the building.

Cranford- Certified PE teacher in Loveland. Wing-T guy who likes to control the tempo of the game.
Already lives in the Lebanon area.
Old 10-31-17, 12:23 PM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneDixon View Post
Already lives in the Lebanon area.
Which is why I threw Cranford's name out there. I would think there might be a some interest after the boosters at Loveland have been growing impatient the last few years.
Old 10-31-17, 12:34 PM
All American

purplenova
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebanonwarriors4ever View Post
I think not. Roberts was a daddyball coach at Centerville. Lets not trade one daayball coach for another.
Totally disagree with your comment. Based on my personal contact with coach, never has been and never will be that type of coach. Heck, his own son didnt even start at Franklin, when he was there.

Centerville HAD and may still have their Parents Athletic Advisory Committee ... and even though coach gave his reasons for leaving as "Family" I personally believe it had more to do with this so called "Advisory Board" calling the shots and he said "enough is enough".
Old 10-31-17, 01:12 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplenova View Post
Totally disagree with your comment. Based on my personal contact with coach, never has been and never will be that type of coach. Heck, his own son didnt even start at Franklin, when he was there.

Centerville HAD and may still have their Parents Athletic Advisory Committee ... and even though coach gave his reasons for leaving as "Family" I personally believe it had more to do with this so called "Advisory Board" calling the shots and he said "enough is enough".
I agree with much said here. I don't think Centerville ever bought into Roberts from day one and it was pretty much an uphill battle from the start. Roberts had Franklin on a great run of success when he left and Franklin is still very good because of the things he put in place. I think Lebanon would be foolish not to contact him.
Old 10-31-17, 03:02 PM
Varsity

Franklin77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think not. Roberts was a daddyball coach at Centerville. Lets not trade one daayball coach for another.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 wow LOL um his didn't even start till senior year. Also he had to spilt time. Roberts does not do daddy ball. Wow lol
Old 10-31-17, 05:33 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Is there any chance they would court someone like McSurley from Massie?

I think they are going to have a slight dip in their talent over the next 2 years, until the current 8th grade class gets to be mature enough... he's close to retirement... could he turn Lebanon around over the span of 5-7 years and even more solidify his ticket to the hall of fame?
Old 10-31-17, 06:09 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Off_Tackle08;6894160]Is there any chance they would court someone like McSurley from Massie?

NO.
Old 10-31-17, 06:33 PM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
McSurley can win state titles at Massie. The best Lebanon can probably ever do in region 4 is make it out of the first round. Hard to compete with the GCL and Colerain.
Old 10-31-17, 06:35 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=HSFB;6894220]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
Is there any chance they would court someone like McSurley from Massie?

NO.
Just curious why the NO?
Old 10-31-17, 06:47 PM
All District

upthegut is on a distinguished road
John Puckett - Centerville D. Coord... Have to look at him!
Old 10-31-17, 06:53 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
McSurley can win state titles at Massie. The best Lebanon can probably ever do in region 4 is make it out of the first round. Hard to compete with the GCL and Colerain.
Uh, all I can say, is Lebanon is competing against schools with 300 or 400, more boys to choose from. Uh, Colerain is the exception but I think they go get the kids they need. Uh sad situation, but that is the way it is. Boro is in the same situation.Real public schools who don't recruit have no chance.
Old 10-31-17, 06:54 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
Off_Tackle. I just don't see him leaving Massie ( especially to build up Lebanon). He has had success in the past and is continuing to do that now. I don't know it for a fact, but I will bet he is taken care of there.

Yes, he has stepped on a few toes with his opponents, but it is what it is.
Old 11-01-17, 07:26 AM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthegut View Post
John Puckett - Centerville D. Coord... Have to look at him!
Agree with this. I think Vandalia Butler is kicking themselves for not hiring him last time around....
Old 11-01-17, 08:28 AM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAnEagle View Post
Pflug’s Aiken Falcons went 8-2... saw them during the 7 on 7 at Lebanon and they hammered everyone there. I know it’s underwear ball but he’s done an insane job there. I know his family lives in Little Miami area too so maybe he would be interested???
..There is a reason none of the 6 or so HC jobs he applied for hired him last off season and I'll just leave it at that. Lebanon won't entertain the thought of hiring him.
Old 11-01-17, 08:29 AM
All District

micketty is on a distinguished road
Good ole Hoser loves to throw out the whole recruiting angle as a reason his cougars cannot advance in the playoffs. In looking at the top teams in SWO not being a private school, the numbers don't add up.
Colerain has a CBP bump of 8, the exact number that the Edge has. The MAC teams are between 3-10, they play some football in that conference. Massie has a CBP number of 6. Trotwood has zero, how does one explain that success? To be fair Winton Woods has a +47 to achieve their 9-1 record, but then again Withrow has a + 41 to get to 1-9. I think the Trentonites are still upset about the Woods putting up 50 on their beloved Cougs in the first half of their playoff game a few years back.

I apologize for disrupting the Lebanon thread. Just trying to point out that some HS programs can be successful without the recruiting format. Best of luck to the Warriors moving forward.
Old 11-01-17, 09:35 AM
All District

Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
..There is a reason none of the 6 or so HC jobs he applied for hired him last off season and I'll just leave it at that. Lebanon won't entertain the thought of hiring him.
What is the reason?
Old 11-01-17, 05:05 PM
All Region

lebanonwarriors4ever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin77 View Post
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 wow LOL um his didn't even start till senior year. Also he had to spilt time. Roberts does not do daddy ball. Wow lol
He allowed parents to dictate where their kids played. He may not of played his own kid, but he was pressured by other parents to play their kids in positions they never should have.
Old 11-01-17, 05:52 PM
All District

rocketman82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He allowed parents to dictate where their kids played. He may not of played his own kid, but he was pressured by other parents to play their kids in positions they never should have.
If he didn't let them play the right positions, they might have left to go to a school like IMG Academy.
Old 11-01-17, 06:27 PM
Varsity

rollingthunder is on a distinguished road
That is hilarious AND so appropriately true!!!
Old 11-01-17, 08:17 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by micketty View Post
Good ole Hoser loves to throw out the whole recruiting angle as a reason his cougars cannot advance in the playoffs. In looking at the top teams in SWO not being a private school, the numbers don't add up.
Colerain has a CBP bump of 8, the exact number that the Edge has. The MAC teams are between 3-10, they play some football in that conference. Massie has a CBP number of 6. Trotwood has zero, how does one explain that success? To be fair Winton Woods has a +47 to achieve their 9-1 record, but then again Withrow has a + 41 to get to 1-9. I think the Trentonites are still upset about the Woods putting up 50 on their beloved Cougs in the first half of their playoff game a few years back.

I apologize for disrupting the Lebanon thread. Just trying to point out that some HS programs can be successful without the recruiting format. Best of luck to the Warriors moving forward.
Uh, Lebanon, Springboro, and Miamisburg have no shot in the playoffs. In D1 there are huge differences in male enrollments.There can be 400 or 500 kids difference in D1. Smaller D1 schools have no shot. Uh your CBP bump numbers are not relevant because kids transfer after their 8th grade season.Uh private schools in general have a huge advantage. Uh Colerain,Trotwood,Winton Woods,and Clinton Massie have figured out how to play the game.
Old 11-01-17, 09:26 PM
All Region

lebanonwarriors4ever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman82 View Post
If he didn't let them play the right positions, they might have left to go to a school like IMG Academy.
I don't think they had any that could play for IMG Academy.
Old 11-02-17, 03:41 AM
Varsity

You would be the expert on IMG !?!
Remind us again how many offers Jango got...
Old 11-02-17, 07:28 AM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Any d3-6 coaches around the area that Lebanon may look at? Aregood at Fenwick (probably not the answer), Madison is on a nice run maybe their HC, Carlisle HC has had good success there, Bellbrook HC turning them around, Fisher the OC at Boro always has to be brought up but I dont think he leaves. Others?
Old 11-02-17, 08:19 AM
All Region

Also I do not know Jango Glackin but I never understood why he did not play offense. I understand people may not like his father but that kid was a good high school player and I can not hold a father against a child. Why did he only play defense and not more offense? IMG thought enough of him to play him, I feel that Lebanon probably should have played him both ways more. Full game both ways maybe not but at least 10-15 touches a game on offense. Can someone explain why he didn't get more offensive time? This is my own curiosity. Thanks
Old 11-02-17, 11:21 AM
Venerated Poster

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Tall order for a coach to come in and change the culture.
Old 11-02-17, 11:23 AM
Venerated Poster

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
The most successful public school programs start in 6th grade, running same plays, etc. Takes years to get things churning and no one has that kind of patience
Old 11-02-17, 12:38 PM
Varsity

Jango

I am going to suggest that someone start a new thread on Jango Glackin so that people can discuss the Lebanon coaching position without his father negatively influencing the discussions. He will be on here soon as one of several screen names. He will claim he is not Lebanonwarriors4ever and then follow it up with something from Gberet OR whatever else he has signed up as.

He has complained about every staff that his son has ever been associated with including IMG. I am sure members of the N-western staff have been verbally abused by him for one reason or another... He is probably at the YMCA right now driving anyone near him nuts with ALL his negativity!!!
Old 11-02-17, 02:04 PM
All Region

Any d3-6 coaches around the area that Lebanon may look at? Aregood at Fenwick (probably not the answer), Madison is on a nice run maybe their HC, Carlisle HC has had good success there, Bellbrook HC turning them around, Fisher the OC at Boro always has to be brought up but I dont think he leaves. Others?
Old 11-02-17, 02:35 PM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryTeacher View Post
Also I do not know Jango Glackin but I never understood why he did not play offense. I understand people may not like his father but that kid was a good high school player and I can not hold a father against a child. Why did he only play defense and not more offense? IMG thought enough of him to play him, I feel that Lebanon probably should have played him both ways more. Full game both ways maybe not but at least 10-15 touches a game on offense. Can someone explain why he didn't get more offensive time? This is my own curiosity. Thanks
Probably the same reason Lakota West only gave Jordan Hicks 11 carries his senior year. Kid was a LB not a RB.
Old 11-02-17, 03:11 PM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingthunder View Post
I am going to suggest that someone start a new thread on Jango Glackin so that people can discuss the Lebanon coaching position without his father negatively influencing the discussions. He will be on here soon as one of several screen names. He will claim he is not Lebanonwarriors4ever and then follow it up with something from Gberet OR whatever else he has signed up as.

He has complained about every staff that his son has ever been associated with including IMG. I am sure members of the N-western staff have been verbally abused by him for one reason or another... He is probably at the YMCA right now driving anyone near him nuts with ALL his negativity!!!
Maybe he should apply for the head coaching job