Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-29-17, 03:10 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Aregood from Fenwick could be a possibility for the spot. I know he mentioned back in August that he wasn't the long term answer for the Falcons.
Old 10-29-17, 03:40 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
What about Rodney Roberts? I know he basically retired but I believe he is not done. I think he is still in his 40’s. He has a strong track record of improving programs besides centerville, I think there were a lot of things working against him there.
Old 10-29-17, 07:38 PM
All Region

lebanonwarriors4ever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
What about Rodney Roberts? I know he basically retired but I believe he is not done. I think he is still in his 40s. He has a strong track record of improving programs besides centerville, I think there were a lot of things working against him there.
I think not. Roberts was a daddyball coach at Centerville. Lets not trade one daayball coach for another.
Old 10-29-17, 07:42 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Aregood from Fenwick could be a possibility for the spot. I know he mentioned back in August that he wasn't the long term answer for the Falcons.
That is Lambs mentor. Need to pass on that.
Old 10-29-17, 08:35 PM
Varsity

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Zac Taylor, West Clermont
Old 10-30-17, 05:06 AM
All American

Whizzer King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfootballfan View Post
I am sure a committee with youth coaches and parents of young players is being assembled to pick the replacement. Hopeful but not optimistic.
I already see a problem...
Old 10-30-17, 09:18 AM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I think he said that because they need someone younger who can lead the program long term. I dont think he is looking for another head job. Just my guess though.
Old 10-30-17, 09:56 AM
Junior Varsity

AlwaysAnEagle is on a distinguished road
Pflug’s Aiken Falcons went 8-2... saw them during the 7 on 7 at Lebanon and they hammered everyone there. I know it’s underwear ball but he’s done an insane job there. I know his family lives in Little Miami area too so maybe he would be interested???
Old 10-30-17, 10:10 AM
Freshman

JustAFan1971 is on a distinguished road
I also think a key factor is what teaching position will be open? I know Pflug is a PE guy. Was the old HC a PE teacher?
Old 10-30-17, 10:28 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAnEagle View Post
Pflugs Aiken Falcons went 8-2... saw them during the 7 on 7 at Lebanon and they hammered everyone there. I know its underwear ball but hes done an insane job there. I know his family lives in Little Miami area too so maybe he would be interested???
Pflug would love that but I don't know how Lebanon could hire him after the way he and his team behaved against Milton Union last year in the playoffs. Very disrespectful and not classy. Lebanon can do much better IMO.
Old 10-30-17, 10:35 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Pflug would love that but I don't know how Lebanon could hire him after the way he and his team behaved against Milton Union last year in the playoffs. Very disrespectful and not classy. Lebanon can do much better IMO.
I think you have a hard on for Pflug. This is the second time you have bashed him for defending his kids against people shouting the N word at his kids, including one of his kids getting late hit into the stands and having the LB tell his QB to stay down fn N... so maybe you should know facts before you run your mouth. IMO.
Old 10-30-17, 10:49 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAnEagle View Post
I think you have a hard on for Pflug. This is the second time you have bashed him for defending his kids against people shouting the N word at his kids, including one of his kids getting late hit into the stands and having the LB tell his QB to stay down fn N... so maybe you should know facts before you run your mouth. IMO.
Yes you are right. My guess is you are Pflug and are looking for a new job because all of the talent is gone from Aiken. Good luck Jeremy.
Old 10-30-17, 11:11 AM
Junior Varsity

Again... better check your facts. Aiken Junior QB just rushed for almost 1,000 yards and 12 TDs in 5 games... but hey. You know everything. I’ll let Jeremy know you said hi.
Old 10-30-17, 11:12 AM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes you are right. My guess is you are Pflug and are looking for a new job because all of the talent is gone from Aiken. Good luck Jeremy.
That would be my guess also. Every thread I've ever seen him in is to talk about how good Aiken is, how good Pflug is, or what job will be open and how they should hire Pflug.

Don't know anything about him, seems like he's done a pretty good job at Aiken, but he has applied for multiple jobs every year since taking that job and hasn't landed one.

If you get a half way decent coaching staff, you can win in that league!
Old 10-30-17, 02:06 PM
Junior Varsity

warriorfootballfan is on a distinguished road
https://www.lebanonschools.org/depar...s%2FActivities
Old 10-30-17, 02:11 PM
Junior Varsity

warriorfootballfan is on a distinguished road
Again, hopeful but not optimistic. Kids have quit football over the past couple of years. Kids have left the district for private schools. 8th graders are leaving at the end of the school year. This is going to take time to rebuild the program with a good coach. Basketball talk? That is another can of worms that belongs on another site. Nobody likes Higgins, talent has walked out the door. That is why you have Freshman and sophomores on the roster.
Old 10-30-17, 06:30 PM
Freshman

Horseman is on a distinguished road
Fact of the matter is this;;;

Was Lamb an elite level coach? Probably not...
Does Lebanon have an elite level of talent? DEFINITELY not.

Take a look across all boys sports at Lebanon, how many kids have gotten power 5 offers in ANY sport in last 10 years? 1 baseball player? Excluding the softball program, Lebanon has had a hard time producing D1 athletes in any sport. Please correct me if I am wrong, I don't want to leave deserving kids off...

The level of talent over the last 10 (and especially last 5 years) or so years simply hasn't been as good as the schools that you want to compare Lebanon to. Lamb's 2 best teams (09, 16) were dependent on a couple players who did not have a single power 5 offer. "Comparable" schools (NMont, Springboro, Miamisburg, etc.) all had some studs during that time. I hope we can all agree that in HS sports, one player of that caliber can change the game completely.

I understand that there are some great HS players who aren't heavily, or at all, recruited. I also understand that some "camp" or "showcase" kids aren't always the most productive players when the lights come on. But generally, there is a reason that kids get recruited to where they do.
Old 10-30-17, 06:42 PM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pflug has a long term sub license. That may cause issues with some.
Old 10-30-17, 08:59 PM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Fred Cranford
Old 10-30-17, 11:53 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Fred Cranford
Cranford is about to be run out of Loveland.
Old 10-31-17, 12:02 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Fact of the matter is this;;;

Was Lamb an elite level coach? Probably not...
Does Lebanon have an elite level of talent? DEFINITELY not.

Take a look across all boys sports at Lebanon, how many kids have gotten power 5 offers in ANY sport in last 10 years? 1 baseball player? Excluding the softball program, Lebanon has had a hard time producing D1 athletes in any sport. Please correct me if I am wrong, I don't want to leave deserving kids off...

The level of talent over the last 10 (and especially last 5 years) or so years simply hasn't been as good as the schools that you want to compare Lebanon to. Lamb's 2 best teams (09, 16) were dependent on a couple players who did not have a single power 5 offer. "Comparable" schools (NMont, Springboro, Miamisburg, etc.) all had some studs during that time. I hope we can all agree that in HS sports, one player of that caliber can change the game completely.

I understand that there are some great HS players who aren't heavily, or at all, recruited. I also understand that some "camp" or "showcase" kids aren't always the most productive players when the lights come on. But generally, there is a reason that kids get recruited to where they do.
Jango Glackin ( 21 D1 scholarships. Started for IMG Academy every game his senior year with full tuition paid by IMG. Starting as a redshirt freshman in the B1G for Northwestern before shoulder injury.

Ty Duval ( Started as a true freshman for Vandy baseball )

Dusty Isaacs ( Georgia Tech, most likey will be in the bigs )

Chase Cochoran ( OU scholarship and starter )

Bennett ( BGSU scholarship and starter )

Brad Ellis ( OU scholarship and starter )

Austin Wolf ( Akron scholarship and starter )

Elias Sayer ( Kent State scholarship )

And 2013 was as good a team as 2016. The 2016 was last in the West. The 2013 team was 7-3 and undefeated at home. They lost to Boro ( Bad second half adjustments ) State Champion Loveland and a very good Centerville team.
Old 10-31-17, 08:05 AM
Freshman

Horseman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebanonwarriors4ever View Post
Jango Glackin ( 21 D1 scholarships. Started for IMG Academy every game his senior year with full tuition paid by IMG. Starting as a redshirt freshman in the B1G for Northwestern before shoulder injury.

And 2013 was as good a team as 2016. The 2016 was last in the West. The 2013 team was 7-3 and undefeated at home. They lost to Boro ( Bad second half adjustments ) State Champion Loveland and a very good Centerville team.
ok, throw the 2013 team in there too. Moot point.

So in 10+ years, the football program has had 5 players with MAC scholarships? And a 6th who worked his tail off to earn a scholarship later in his college career? Again, I don't mean to slight the kids and it's more than I ever accomplished back in my day, but doesn't compare to the other successful schools in the GWOC.

And the schools it does compare to (Xenia, Fairborn, Fairmont, etc.)-- Lebanon has faired well against..
Old 10-31-17, 08:09 AM
All American

BusinessEnd
I think with the right coach this has the potential to be a Springboro-level program. Will compete with the Centerville's/Mason's most years and beat most of the smaller D1s/large D2s on their schedule. Can make the playoffs when they have a couple strong classes together. But that's the ceiling as long as they are D1. They aren't going to beat the GCL-S/Colerain that it takes to make deep playoff runs.
Old 10-31-17, 09:08 AM
Varsity

CoachD31 is on a distinguished road
I bet if he still wants to coach he won't have too much trouble finding another job at maybe a D3 or lower school with the pretty good overall record he had at Lebanon.
Old 10-31-17, 10:17 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebanonwarriors4ever View Post

Duval was not a starter, but moot point. Lebanon does pump out good baseball players consistently.
Old 10-31-17, 10:41 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
ok, throw the 2013 team in there too. Moot point.

So in 10+ years, the football program has had 5 players with MAC scholarships? And a 6th who worked his tail off to earn a scholarship later in his college career? Again, I don't mean to slight the kids and it's more than I ever accomplished back in my day, but doesn't compare to the other successful schools in the GWOC.

And the schools it does compare to (Xenia, Fairborn, Fairmont, etc.)-- Lebanon has faired well against..
You forgot Glackin with 21 scholarships and playing in the B1G
Old 10-31-17, 10:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Duval was not a starter, but moot point. Lebanon does pump out good baseball players consistently.
He played as a Freshman, you are correct.
Old 10-31-17, 10:43 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessEnd View Post
I think with the right coach this has the potential to be a Springboro-level program. Will compete with the Centerville's/Mason's most years and beat most of the smaller D1s/large D2s on their schedule. Can make the playoffs when they have a couple strong classes together. But that's the ceiling as long as they are D1. They aren't going to beat the GCL-S/Colerain that it takes to make deep playoff runs.
I agree
Old 10-31-17, 10:44 AM
Cooling Off

OperationFutbol is on a distinguished road
How about Tom Lombardo for the coaching spot? Heard St. Ed's fans arent happy with his performance over the past few years.
Old 10-31-17, 11:22 AM
All Region

Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
As a Lebanon Community Member here is my opinion as of right now lol. First, lets wait and see what kind of teaching positions are going to be open. I think that is a major part in this whole hiring process. As an educator myself I've been waiting for the chance to apply to Lebanon but there has never been an opening for my content area. Bottom line is once teachers get hired by Lebanon they stay until retirement. I've also noticed the trend of hiring alumni as teachers. I doubt Lebanon hires a head football coach who isn't a certified teacher or one that they can't put into the building.

On to the football side of things. Lebanon offensively has been a spread football team the last few years and has every single level including 3rd graders running that system. If they want to keep that style then they must hire a coach who will bring that style with him. Some of these QB's in the system have no clue what it's like to go under the center and take a snap

Candidates mentioned so far on this post...
Pflug- Not a certified teacher. Currently Long Term Sub License to teach PE
Spread Offense probably very similar to what Lebanon is running now...

Cranford- Certified PE teacher in Loveland. Wing-T guy who likes to control the tempo of the game.