Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-05-18, 11:02 AM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
The science behind it, from my understanding, isn't exactly clear cut.
That would be an extremely generous way of putting it.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2...ero-neurosafe/
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-18, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
That would be an extremely generous way of putting it.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2...ero-neurosafe/
The reason I say clear cut is because I know of a current study going on that may actually show some results. Not sure if it is exactly the same concept though.
Old 01-05-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Itís been 100% effective on unicorns Turpin.
Old 01-05-18, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Yeah but they aren't very good at turning left.
Old 01-05-18, 11:26 AM
Cooling Off

His juice blend prevented Pegasus from getting concussions
Old 01-05-18, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Have you ever seen unicorn glue? Just isn't the same.
Old 01-05-18, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Looks like Gruden to Oakland is official
Old 01-05-18, 01:57 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
As is Guenther to Oakland as his DC.
Old 01-05-18, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Guenther took a defense loaded with talent from Zimmer and made them into a passive “bend but don’t break” embarrassment. I’ll be happy to see a more aggressive mentality at the helm, hopefully that’s the case.
Old 01-05-18, 02:43 PM
Cooling Off

10 years, $100 million for a guy who hasn't coached in 9 seasons and was 38-42 in his last 5 seasons.
Old 01-05-18, 05:23 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
10 years, $100 million for a guy who hasn't coached in 9 seasons and was 38-42 in his last 5 seasons.
Amazing, huh ?

I wonder if he'll have the same work ethic he had as a coach before......
Old 01-05-18, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

Well, he's stepping into a great situation talent-wise and he's proven he can win when he's given talent. We'll see if he still has it.
Old 01-09-18, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Does anybody else think that complaints of the Raiders breaking the "Rooney Rule" with the Gruden hire are really stupid ?
Old 01-17-18, 01:18 PM
All World

Bballer05
Todd Haley OUT as Steelers OC. Most likely replacement is WR's coach Randy Fichtner.
Old 01-17-18, 01:34 PM
All Yappi

Scapegoat.
Old 01-17-18, 01:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Guenther took a defense loaded with talent from Zimmer and made them into a passive ďbend but donít breakĒ embarrassment. Iíll be happy to see a more aggressive mentality at the helm, hopefully thatís the case.
The only reason I wanted Marvin back was because I thought they would hire him. He would be worse than Marvin
Old 01-17-18, 01:43 PM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Scapegoat.
Everywhere Haley has been, he's had the reputation of just not being able to work well with others, as that showed the last couple years when several offensive assts just left to go elsewhere, not really seeking promotion anywhere, but just left.

i think he just wears on people, rubs people the wrong way, even though i do think he's done well the last 3 years in keeping Ben protected, which was one of the things he struggled with the first few years (although not all on him as we all know Ben brings some of that on himself)

i think it was time for someone new. I'm guessing if Fichtner gets the job, terminology, etc won't change that much, keeping continuity intact.

the real issue in the offseason will be getting that defense back up to where it needs to be.
Old 01-17-18, 01:50 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
Everywhere Haley has been, he's had the reputation of just not being able to work well with others, as that showed the last couple years when several offensive assts just left to go elsewhere, not really seeking promotion anywhere, but just left.

i think he just wears on people, rubs people the wrong way, even though i do think he's done well the last 3 years in keeping Ben protected, which was one of the things he struggled with the first few years (although not all on him as we all know Ben brings some of that on himself)

i think it was time for someone new. I'm guessing if Fichtner gets the job, terminology, etc won't change that much, keeping continuity intact.

the real issue in the offseason will be getting that defense back up to where it needs to be.
Interesting I had heard Fichtner was leaving. Maybe this was the opportunity he was looking for. Also heard that Hines would step in as WR coach. I saw him on the sidelines Sunday. BTW, Fichter is the QB coach. Used to be WR coach.
Old 01-17-18, 01:57 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post

What are your thoughts on some of the minority owners petitioning Rooney to fire Tomlin?
Old 01-17-18, 02:06 PM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Interesting I had heard Fichtner was leaving. Maybe this was the opportunity he was looking for. Also heard that Hines would step in as WR coach. I saw him on the sidelines Sunday. BTW, Fichter is the QB coach. Used to be WR coach.
my bad. you are correct on that. on which coach he is, that is. i hadn't read that he was leaving.
Old 01-17-18, 02:08 PM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
What are your thoughts on some of the minority owners petitioning Rooney to fire Tomlin?
dumb. ain't gonna happen. there are plenty of Steelers fans who want Tomlin gone but really, who are you going to go get that's better?

Steelers don't fire head coaches. certainly not after a 13-3 regular season.
Old 01-17-18, 02:09 PM
All Yappi

Tomlin isn't why they're successful and has more to do with their shortcomings than anything. Any half-decent coach would go 13-3 with that roster.

The Steelers holding on to the Art Rooney country club mentality, the whole "we don't fire coaches" thing is holding them back. No other elite sports franchise puts up with this much postseason failure without making HC changes. None. The Yankees would never go 2-14 in their last 16 series included 3 AL title series against the Red Sox because that manager would have been fired years ago. The same goes for any other franchise that continually falls short.

Tomlin does nothing but talk; he's a motivator and that's it. If you wanted him to talk strategy or discipline he'd change the subject or spout off some meaningless string of cliches because he doesn't that capacity as a coach.
Old 01-17-18, 02:18 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Tomlin isn't why they're successful and has more to do with their shortcomings than anything. Any half-decent coach would go 13-3 with that roster.
Especially since the AFC North has been pretty down the last 2 years.
Old 01-17-18, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:

The Steelers holding on to the Art Rooney country club mentality, the whole "we don't fire coaches" thing is holding them back. No other elite sports franchise puts up with this much postseason failure without making HC changes. None. The Yankees would never go 2-14 in their last 16 series included 3 AL title series against the Red Sox because that manager would have been fired years ago. The same goes for any other franchise that continually falls short.

Tomlin does nothing but talk; he's a motivator and that's it. If you wanted him to talk strategy or discipline he'd change the subject or spout off some meaningless string of cliches because he doesn't that capacity as a coach.
Not much for discipline himself-

Old 01-17-18, 02:55 PM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:

yeah. guy knows nothing about football at all. love when fans go all "Tomlin can't coach". just goes to show how many MMQB's there are out there who know way more football than Tomlin and could coach this team better than him. it's ludicrous. makes me laugh, though.

all of you are "coaches" on here can always do a better job from your laptops when the game is over.

you're all the best "after the game is over forum posting" coaches in the world.
Old 01-17-18, 02:58 PM
All World

I'm trying to find one person who said they can coach better than Tomlin.
Old 01-17-18, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I'm trying to find one person who said they can coach better than Tomlin.
You donít think Crusaders believes he can?
Old 01-17-18, 03:55 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Does anybody else think that complaints of the Raiders breaking the "Rooney Rule" with the Gruden hire are really stupid ?
At what point does the Rooney Rule become obsolete? I mean, can't it be construed as a slap in the face if of a black coaching candidate if you are REQUIRED to interview them? We have now had several black head coaches in the NFL, and several more coordinators. I think this was relevant in the 80's not today and should be done away with.
Old 01-17-18, 04:36 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
At what point does the Rooney Rule become obsolete? I mean, can't it be construed as a slap in the face if of a black coaching candidate if you are REQUIRED to interview them? We have now had several black head coaches in the NFL, and several more coordinators. I think this was relevant in the 80's not today and should be done away with.
The Raiders, especially, have had no issues hiring non-white coaches (not that it should even matter). They've had Tom Flores, Art Shell, Hue Jackson. Reggie McKenzie is the GM.
Old 01-17-18, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
I would not fire Tomlin. He's been good for the franchise. I thought his onside kick decision was stupid, but his overall accomplishments do not merit firing at all.