Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-03-18, 06:52 PM
All Ohio

falguin is on a distinguished road
Fitch Football 2018

Well Falcon fans, 2017 was a mixed bag for us. We had some good wins over Boardman, McDowell, Harding, and Louisville. But lost to Hudson again, Brunswick, Mooney, and Massillon. The Brunswick loss was one we shouldn't have allowed to happen. One thing that has bothered me is that we have not beaten Hudson in three tries. Hudson is tough, but we should be able to do something against them. We lose our whole backfield, but it seems that we have been really deep at running back, and I expect someone to step up and take over. That being said, we need a QB. I saw where a kid from Ursuline had transferred to Fitch. He was listed at 6'1" and 170. Even if he doesn't play QB, he should be able to help out in other areas. He did appear to have a good arm in the film I saw of him. We lose some good talent on the line, but we do have a good one in 76 coming back. He is a beast at times, though he is not too big. There is also a good kid coming back in 51. This was the year that I thought Fitch would return to the level of the kids in 2012, but that was not the case. It seems like some kids didn't develop or left. I hope we can get back into the playoffs next year.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-18, 11:56 AM
Junior Varsity

bigbabycavalier is on a distinguished road
With the loss of Smith and Lumsden who will step up at running back??? Also with that loss will the offense continue to be run heavy? I hear they have a lot of talent moving up from the freshman ranks combined with the skills they have I see the offense looking different.
Old 01-20-18, 05:16 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Without saying to much. Should be an interesting year.

GO Falcons!
Old 01-22-18, 10:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballQueen View Post
Without saying to much. Should be an interesting year.

GO Falcons!
Why is that? I hope it is interesting because we have some real talent coming up. I hope it is not interesting because we have nothing coming back.
Old 01-22-18, 10:49 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Has lumsden committed to play ball anywhere?
Old 01-23-18, 11:53 PM
All Ohio

I know he got an offer from Kent, but he wasn't on their list of early signees. I hope YSU offers him. He would be a great safety or RB for the Guins. Unfortunately, YSU has not been going after kids like Lumsden from the area. This is the same mistake Wolford made. You got to take the hometown players.
Old 01-24-18, 10:07 AM
Junior Varsity

bigbabycavalier is on a distinguished road
YSU did offer Lumsden, but I think he is going to Eastern Kentucky
Old 01-24-18, 03:01 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Typical parochial comment. YSU would be idiots taking lots of area players. The era is over. Better players in Florida where Bo is noticeably absent. YSU will be dropping back to the Heacock era taking too many area players and dropping in talent level vs. the rest of the MVFC. Tons of D-III and D-II players here, a few true D-Is but little after that. H.S. Talent in Ytown area is down D-I wise. If you want mediocrity or worse, add area players and enjoy.

Wolford brought in good athletes but never had a DC worth a crap

Last edited by Paladin1aa; 01-24-18 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-24-18, 07:03 PM
All Ohio

I didn't know that Lumsden was offered by YSU. I have looked for offers given to him and did not find any other than Kent. It's disappointing that he didn't take the YSU offer. Maybe he just wants to get out of town. It would be great to watch him at YSU. There is still time for him to rethink his decision.
Old 01-24-18, 07:26 PM
All Yappi

YSU did not offer musolino from Struthers even tho a bunch of Mac schools and a few others did. Ysu had first chance to offer him and they did not. Would not surprise me if they didn’t offer this kid either. For the locals that are division 1 prospects, YSU is dumb to not offer every single one of them.
Old 01-24-18, 07:46 PM
All American

LOL ! Name the area D-I players for this 2018 class. And don't worry, just count fingers and toes ( you won't need the toes or all the fingers). Go ahead, show us your prowess n ID the D-I players, lol.

And don't wait till NLOID. We already had early signings.

Tick,tick,tick........

Last edited by Paladin1aa; 01-24-18 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-24-18, 10:12 PM
All American

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
This year is down for local D1 talent. 2019 has some talented prospects. Btw, Wolford was a below average coach at YSU who recruited athletes a bunch of athletes who had no football IQ.
Old 01-24-18, 10:49 PM
All American

Football IQ ? That include the YSU draft pick that went to the Patriots who Wolford recruited ? I see you bought into the Bo bullsh!t about that. Except for transfers and a few Jucos, he has gotten his butt beaten royally in H. S. recruiting every year he's been at YSU. Football IQ.........lmao

I also notice that most of the MAC as well as Ohio St. Are passing on Ohio talent, Ytown area or otherwise. Has nothing to do with their "football IQ". Bo is out of Wolford recruits ( who got him to the Championship game) this coming season. You are about to discover what Bo has really been recruiting the last 3 years. Football IQ............... lol

BTW, Wolfords personality and having no DC got him canned. He recruited well and had a ton of starters from Florida on the team, same formula MAC , Ohio St. and others are doing. Ohio ? Not so much. The Ytown area has been down for a number of years and if not for Price at Ohio St. It would be strictly second tier now. Few D-I athletes coming up. That's a fact.

Last edited by Paladin1aa; 01-24-18 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-24-18, 11:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
LOL ! Name the area D-I players for this 2018 class. And don't worry, just count fingers and toes ( you won't need the toes or all the fingers). Go ahead, show us your prowess n ID the D-I players, lol.

And don't wait till NLOID. We already had early signings.

Tick,tick,tick........
I didnít say there were any bud. Lumsden is one though. Rushton from Liberty is another. Receiver from harding is one too. Idk where he is going either. But again I didnít say there were any. Just saying YSU in recent history hasnít offered the few d 1 kids the Ytown area has. I wouldnít expect you to know what a d 1 prospect is though
Old 01-29-18, 04:44 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
Why is that? I hope it is interesting because we have some real talent coming up. I hope it is not interesting because we have nothing coming back.
You'll see for yourself this coming fall. That being said....

GO Falcons!
Old 01-30-18, 09:52 PM
All Ohio

I saw on the Hudl that a kid from Ursuline transferred to Fitch. Is that true?
Old 01-31-18, 07:37 AM
All Ohio

AtownFalcon201
Looks like the schedule is finalized from the 2018 Division I Schedules thread. Usual suspects, except Louisville dropped off early (only played 3 years) and the Brunswick series ends after 6 years.

I had never heard of "Erie High School", but I Googled it and it's the consolidated HS for Erie (East and Strong Vincent merged) and it appears 2017-18 is the first year for the new school. Shaker is a DI R1 member, but they're consistent towards the bottom of the region. Nice for 6.5 L1 points, but I doubt there will be as many L2 points like Brunswick or Louisville could bring.

Lots of 1+ hour trips too... Hudson, Shaker Heights, Massillon, and Erie.

08/24 A Hudson
08/31 H Erie (PA)
09/08 A Shaker Heights
09/14 H Warren Warren G Harding
09/21 A Youngstown East
09/28 A Massillon Washington
10/05 H Ashtabula Lakeside
10/12 A Erie McDowell (PA)
10/19 H Boardman
10/26 H Youngstown Cardinal Mooney
Old 02-01-18, 10:05 PM
All Ohio

Very interesting schedule. Shaker has been good in the past, but hasn't been that tough recently. Cannot overlook them however. They will pull upsets because there is talent on the team. They play in a really tough conference. That will be a tough test for us, but it is one that we should pass. I have seen Shaker a couple of times and they will have a D1 payer or two that is really good, but the overall team speed is not that good. Shaker just hasn't had the right coach for a while. Erie will be interesting too. They had a good record last year, and considering that it is a new school, they will only get better. I really want a win over Hudson. That school has dominated us. We need to get up and get a win against them. A little disappointed that the series with Brunswick stopped. That was a good team for us to play.
Old 02-01-18, 10:24 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtownFalcon201 View Post
Looks like the schedule is finalized from the 2018 Division I Schedules thread. Usual suspects, except Louisville dropped off early (only played 3 years) and the Brunswick series ends after 6 years.

I had never heard of "Erie High School", but I Googled it and it's the consolidated HS for Erie (East and Strong Vincent merged) and it appears 2017-18 is the first year for the new school. Shaker is a DI R1 member, but they're consistent towards the bottom of the region. Nice for 6.5 L1 points, but I doubt there will be as many L2 points like Brunswick or Louisville could bring.

Lots of 1+ hour trips too... Hudson, Shaker Heights, Massillon, and Erie.

08/24 A Hudson
08/31 H Erie (PA)
09/08 A Shaker Heights
09/14 H Warren Warren G Harding
09/21 A Youngstown East
09/28 A Massillon Washington
10/05 H Ashtabula Lakeside
10/12 A Erie McDowell (PA)
10/19 H Boardman
10/26 H Youngstown Cardinal Mooney
It's actually a consolidation of all three Erie City Schools (Strong Vincent, East and Central Tech). It was a financial issue, not so much a lack of numbers issue. EHS immediately became a huge school. Their enrollment number is 1119 (same general manner OHSAA gets their base numbers). They're now the 9th largest football team in the state of Pennsylvania. And what was once three mediocre or bad teams is a potential powerhouse. Did very well in 2017 in their first year.
Old 02-01-18, 10:32 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
As Lakeside departs the AAC gold, I'd imagine the 2 Erie schools would be interested in adding Harding and Boardman on their schedules. Maybe even get Cathedral Prep involved. Of course Lakeside played Erie last season so maybe they'd stay in some football only capacity, especially with their new coach who seems to be a good one.
Old 02-03-18, 11:53 AM
All Ohio

Their coach stopped the Chardon shooter. Lakeside did turn it around last year. I wish the SVC would just get back together and be done with it. They could also bring in Howland and the rest of the old SVC and have two division like the AAC. It would make sense.
Old 02-03-18, 11:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
Their coach stopped the Chardon shooter. Lakeside did turn it around last year. I wish the SVC would just get back together and be done with it. They could also bring in Howland and the rest of the old SVC and have two division like the AAC. It would make sense.
I wouldnít say they turned it around. They went 4-6 and beat some very bad teams. They have no chance to compete against Valley schools.
Old 02-03-18, 11:56 AM
Venerated Poster

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
former coach, Hall left Lakeside.

and Lakeside is leaving AAC Gold after 2018?
Old 02-03-18, 12:23 PM
All World

2019 I believe, Eagle. Though it could be 2018 but they're still on our 2019 schedule. Lakeside is a tough place to win. 4-6 all in all is pretty good. Hall will always be a hero for what he did at Chardon but I think he did a solid job at Lakeside, as well.
Old 02-07-18, 07:22 PM
All American

Well, reality should be setting in today as I predicted it would. The Mahoning Valley had ONE, count them, One D-I FBS football signee. An additional 4 signed with FCS schools.

Huge number of walk-on kids, but will be rare for one to get a schollie. Most will be blocking and tackling dummies as long as hey are out , which is typically one season as reality slaps them in the face.

I got a chuckle out of Pelini. The pressure is on to recruit Valley athletes but if you aren't an FCS player, it simply weakens the Penguins to take them. He doesn't recruit well outside the Valley and doesn't help the program taking essentially D-II players from the Valley and killing off YSU.
Old 02-07-18, 07:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Well, reality should be setting in today as I predicted it would. The Mahoning Valley had ONE, count them, One D-I FBS football signee. An additional 4 signed with FCS schools.

Huge number of walk-on kids, but will be rare for one to get a schollie. Most will be blocking and tackling dummies as long as hey are out , which is typically one season as reality slaps them in the face.

I got a chuckle out of Pelini. The pressure is on to recruit Valley athletes but if you aren't an FCS player, it simply weakens the Penguins to take them. He doesn't recruit well outside the Valley and doesn't help the program taking essentially D-II players from the Valley and killing off YSU.
It's quite amazing how things have changed in the valley over the last decade. The class of 2010 alone had 3 Boardman players sign at Big Ten schools, Mooney had a whole host of guys (Heard, Vinopal, Alex Zordich, etc), Poland had Wollet just to name 3 area schools. I know I'm missing guys from Harding, Ursuline, Fitch (though their big run of talent came in the next few classes). Now we hear about how "40 area players signed" like it's amazing news and most of them are walk-ons or D2/3.
Old 02-07-18, 08:06 PM
All American

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Who cares ? Nobody is saying the valley has great D1 talent anymore. Good for those kids who wanna stay around home, get an education and be apart of a football program.
Old 02-07-18, 08:11 PM
All Yappi

I expect next seasons class to be much better. More talent at more than a few schools.

Willie Mitchell from Struthers holds offers
Mark Waid I’m sure will be D 1 somewhere.
Morales from Hubbard is good enough but we’ll see.
Mooney- joringan/ Fulton / Jamison
Harding- kamron Adams

And I’m sure I missed some.
Old 02-07-18, 09:17 PM
All American

I'd be careful with your prediction for next year. Could be as bad as your comments for this year. Waid is good , but solid FCS/D-II player now. Journigan is a former Cortland kid . I'm not seeing big numbers for next year either. Area produces a ton of D-II &III athletes.
Old 02-07-18, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'd be careful with your prediction for next year. Could be as bad as your comments for this year. Waid is good , but solid FCS/D-II player now. Journigan is a former Cortland kid . I'm not seeing big numbers for next year either. Area produces a ton of D-II &III athletes.
Jorigan is ranked 16th in Ohio in his class.
Waid is 25th.
Only player higher than them both is Fulton