Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-07-18, 09:13 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
AP Top 25 (10/7)

1 Alabama (59 first-place votes)
2 Georgia
3 Ohio State (1)
4 Clemson (1)
5 Notre Dame
6 West Virginia
7 Washington
8 Penn State
9 Texas
10 UCF
11 Oklahoma
12 Michigan
13 LSU
14 Florida
15 Wisconsin
16 Miami
17 Oregon
18 Kentucky
19 Colorado
20 NC State
21 Auburn
22 Texas A&M
23 USF
24 Mississippi State
25 Cincinnati

Others receiving votes: Iowa 87, Stanford 59, Washington St. 46, San Diego St. 24, TCU 20, Appalachian St. 11, Utah 9, Utah 5, South Carolina 2, Hawaii 1.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-18, 08:06 PM
All American

falguin is on a distinguished road
Georgia goes down this weekend.
Old 10-15-18, 11:46 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Absolutely incredible how the polls work. This is why there should not be a pre season poll. Now let's look at the home team here in the state, Ohio State. Anyone seriously think they are #2 in the country??
Their two "big" wins are against Penn State - 2 losses, an OT win vs. App State, and TCU, who now has 3 losses???
They slugged around with Minnesota for 3+ quarters and got a throw in TD at the end to make the margin look good. That was a one score game for most of the time.
Michigan?? #6?? Really??
I just amazes me that no one can see what a farce the big ten is.
Old 10-15-18, 12:21 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Absolutely incredible how the polls work. This is why there should not be a pre season poll. Now let's look at the home team here in the state, Ohio State. Anyone seriously think they are #2 in the country??
Their two "big" wins are against Penn State - 2 losses, an OT win vs. App State, and TCU, who now has 3 losses???
They slugged around with Minnesota for 3+ quarters and got a throw in TD at the end to make the margin look good. That was a one score game for most of the time.
Michigan?? #6?? Really??
They very recently won the NC and in convincing fashinon. Something the Pac 12 and Big 12 have failed to do. Yet you are always on here whining and crying about OSU and the Big 10. Very obvious you are just a troll and a hater.
Old 10-15-18, 01:59 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
They very recently won the NC and in convincing fashinon. Something the Pac 12 and Big 12 have failed to do. Yet you are always on here whining and crying about OSU and the Big 10. Very obvious you are just a troll and a hater.
All I'm saying is we just don't know how good the Buckeyes and Wolverines are? TCU's looking like a 3-4th best team in the Big 12. Buckeyes played Oklahoma last year and got stomped at home. Michigan signature win?? Wisconsin?? Who lost at home to BYU??

All I'm asking is to look at the games a little closer, not just the records. Georgia just lost to LSU. Georgia would win the big ten, hands down.

Not a troll or hater, just a realist. Now understand that ESPN and college football loves to have the midwest teams in the mix. Ohio State/ Michigan has huge fan bases and it certainly behooves them to have a representative from the midwest. But shouldn't it be more about teams earning their way there and not eyeballs on tv's?
Old 10-15-18, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Not an OSU fan by any means but I don't have an issue with them in the top 4. Other than Alabama no team has looked great.

Hell..LSU has beaten like 4 top 12 teams already and still cannot crack the top ?
Old 10-15-18, 02:17 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Michigan?? #6?? Really??
Who has a better argument for being #2?
Old 10-15-18, 02:38 PM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Michigan?? #6?? Really??
I think them at 2 is fair. I think the only other team that has a comparable claim is ND. However, I think the Penn St win on the road trumps the Home win v Michigan. If you’re asking who I legitimately think is the 2nd best team... LSU.
Old 10-15-18, 02:46 PM
All World

Quote:
All I'm saying is we just don't know how good the Buckeyes and Wolverines are? TCU's looking like a 3-4th best team in the Big 12. Buckeyes played Oklahoma last year and got stomped at home. Michigan signature win?? Wisconsin?? Who lost at home to BYU??

All I'm asking is to look at the games a little closer, not just the records. Georgia just lost to LSU. Georgia would win the big ten, hands down.

Not a troll or hater, just a realist. Now understand that ESPN and college football loves to have the midwest teams in the mix. Ohio State/ Michigan has huge fan bases and it certainly behooves them to have a representative from the midwest. But shouldn't it be more about teams earning their way there and not eyeballs on tv's?
Stop kidding yourself, you aren't a realist, you're just another SEC slobbering drone. You argued, in all seriousness, that 4 SEC teams should be in the playoff this year. So don't give me that realism garbage.

Georgia would win the Big 10 is just your incredibly biased opinion. The only thing objectively linking the two is that Georgia just got steamrolled by a QB that used to play in the Big 10.

ESPN has financial interests in promoting the SEC and bashing the Big 10 because that's how their TV comtracts are aligned. ESPN doesn't own the CFB playoff even though they try their best to ingluence it with subjective polls.
Old 10-15-18, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
14Red is absolutely a troll - though he does make a couple of good points here. Ohio State's big wins don't look nearly as good as they did two weeks ago. Then again who has Alabama beaten?

And it should definitely be about your team's resume' but with the millions/billions of dollars involved if two teams are close the one who's going to draw more eyeballs to the TV is going to win. It is what it is. Playoff needs to expand to 8.
Old 10-15-18, 02:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Who has a better argument for being #2?
Who SHOULD be #2. Look at it this way, if the Buckeyes were #15 pre season, would they be #2? This is the fallacy, Penn State has two losses, both at home. TCU has THREE losses, and that was supposed to be their big non-conf game?
Old 10-15-18, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

You conveniently didn't answer the question. Tell me who has a better argument for #2.
Old 10-15-18, 02:59 PM
All World

Quote:
Who SHOULD be #2. Look at it this way, if the Buckeyes were #15 pre season, would they be #2? This is the fallacy, Penn State has two losses, both at home. TCU has THREE losses, and that was supposed to be their big non-conf game?
Yes, they probably would be.
Old 10-15-18, 03:06 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
If Alabama were #15 preseason, would they be #1? This is the fallacy, Texas A&M has two losses. One at home and one on the road. The three P5 teams that Texas A&M has beaten, combine for 9-10. They won all three of those games by a combined 16 points. Louisville has FIVE losses and that was supposed to be their big non-conf game?!
Old 10-15-18, 03:26 PM
All World

Quote:
You conveniently didn't answer the question. Tell me who has a better argument for #2.
Take your pick, LSU, Georgia, Clemson...
Old 10-15-18, 03:40 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
If Alabama were #15 preseason, would they be #1? This is the fallacy, Texas A&M has two losses. One at home and one on the road. The three P5 teams that Texas A&M has beaten, combine for 9-10. They won all three of those games by a combined 16 points. Louisville has FIVE losses and that was supposed to be their big non-conf game?!
For once Taco, we agree! That's why there should be on preseason poll. Unless these teams lose, no one can jump over them. There may be some one loss teams that are better than them, but we don't know that. Alabama has a thin SEC schedule this year for some reason. But Ohio State has a thin conf schedule every season.
Old 10-15-18, 03:42 PM
All World

Quote:
So Clemson gets a pass when skirting by bad teams?
Old 10-15-18, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The same Clemson team that got taken down to the wire by a Syracuse team that lost to a Pitt team that lost to North Carolina? That Clemson team? And while we are at it, why does 'Bama deserve the #1 spot when they've played only 1 team in the top 30, and 0 teams in the top 10?
Old 10-15-18, 04:13 PM
All World

Quote:
For once Taco, we agree! That's why there should be on preseason poll. Unless these teams lose, no one can jump over them. There may be some one loss teams that are better than them, but we don't know that. Alabama has a thin SEC schedule this year for some reason. But Ohio State has a thin conf schedule every season.
Clearly just being realistic and not blind SEC homerism. What a joke.
Old 10-15-18, 06:54 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure anyone with any knowledge of college football thought Bama vs Louisville was a marque game going into this season. It looked good at the time it was scheduled but it's impossible to predict a team's talent 3-5 years in advance when schools are signing these contracts. Schools that have a long history of being top notch programs are safer bets than others. I only put about 5-10 schools in that category. Heck, Florida State vs Bama looked great on paper going into last year and then they stepped on the field.

I'm not going to hold it against programs who in good faith schedule P5 teams that have had recent success. Both schools are trying to do what's best for fans/players/schools and etc...sometimes that doesn't end up being the case.
Old 10-15-18, 10:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Georgia just had it's doors blown off by LSU.
Old 10-15-18, 10:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The same Clemson team that got taken down to the wire by a Syracuse team that lost to a Pitt team that lost to North Carolina? That Clemson team? And while we are at it, why does 'Bama deserve the #1 spot when they've played only 1 team in the top 30, and 0 teams in the top 10?
Bad example considering Pitt just took ND to the wire in South Bend. It's just so hard to rank teams based on like-opponents or games since different teams show up each week. For instance Pitt got blown out against Penn St, Nittany Lions nearly beat Ohio State, Pitt loses to UNC, then nearly beat ND.
Old 10-15-18, 10:43 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I don't think Bama is invincible. @LSU I think they go down.

Last edited by Crusaders; 10-15-18 at 11:56 PM..
Old 10-15-18, 11:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Bad example considering Pitt just took ND to the wire in South Bend. It's just so hard to rank teams based on like-opponents or games since different teams show up each week. For instance Pitt got blown out against Penn St, Nittany Lions nearly beat Ohio State, Pitt loses to UNC, then nearly beat ND.
This is correct. I wasn't trying to give examples of this team being better than that team based on like-opponents, just making a point that 14Red's reliance on like-opponents is silly. He seems to think you can just look at the raw stats to determine which teams are best instead of having to actually watch the games.
Old 10-16-18, 06:48 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Again, you are wrong. OSU started the year at 5th behind Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Wisconsin. Despite both teams winning week one, OSU jumped Wisconsin to #4. In week three Wisconsin won again, yet dropped another spot below Oklahoma. In week 4 both Clemson and Georgia won, Georgia jumped Clemson. Week 6 both OSU and Clemson won and OSU jumped Clemson. Teams can and always will move up without the teams in front of them losing.

And none of this matters. The playoff committee has their own poll. The AP and coaches poll do not have any direct affect on the playoff committee's poll.
Old 10-16-18, 07:35 AM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
I just have a few questions, maybe some SEC homers can set me straight.

1. Why do SEC teams schedule bottom of the barrel teams before rivalry games? NOTE: This is in late November. Do they need another "bye" week to prep for their big rivalry?

2. Why do SEC teams refuse to schedule true home and away games in Big Ten country?

3. When a bottom SEC team beats the top SEC team, the SEC is the greatest conference in the world. But when a top Big Ten teams loses, the Big Ten sucks. Please explain.

Bonus Question: What does it say about posters who refuse to let us Yappers know who they root for?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Have a good day.
Old 10-16-18, 08:30 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
So Clemson gets a pass when skirting by bad teams?
The Buckeyes always get a pass around here.
Old 10-16-18, 08:31 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Georgia just had it's doors blown off by LSU.
And even with that, I'd say Georgia has a better resume than Ohio State. Exactly who has the Buckeyes beaten to date?? A two loss Penn State? A three loss TCU??
Old 10-16-18, 08:45 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
I just have a few questions, maybe some SEC homers can set me straight.

1. Why do SEC teams schedule bottom of the barrel teams before rivalry games? NOTE: This is in late November. Do they need another "bye" week to prep for their big rivalry?

2. Why do SEC teams refuse to schedule true home and away games in Big Ten country?

3. When a bottom SEC team beats the top SEC team, the SEC is the greatest conference in the world. But when a top Big Ten teams loses, the Big Ten sucks. Please explain.

Bonus Question: What does it say about posters who refuse to let us Yappers know who they root for?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Have a good day.
1. This happens in all conferences, look closely
2. It takes two to tango. Also remember that the SEC is the premier conference in college football. They actually can and should schedule down non-conference because the conference games are so strong. Just not that way in any other conference.
3. This takes a little work. Because most of the bottom of big ten teams lose to MAC schools or other low level D1 programs. Great example this season is the Wisconsin Badgers. They were ranked in the top 5 to begin the season?? They lost at home to a .500 BYU team??

Bonus: LSU

Look, I understand Buckeye Nation. Actually, you should be thrilled with how college football is set up. The Buckeyes have little rivals right now. Michigan is still two steps behind, Michigan State probably 3. Penn State is good but not great.
If college football ever goes to an 8 team playoff, you can write, in ink, the Buckeyes in every year. They rarely schedule a difficult non-conf game, and the league is generally 6-7 laughers and one or two competitive games that the Buckeyes are generally favorites.

As I've always contended, you put Ohio State and Michigan in the SEC, and they lose 2-3 games a year, period. You put the top 3-4 SEC teams in the Big ten, and Ohio State doesn't get to the playoffs. It's as simple as that.
Old 10-16-18, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
If college football ever goes to an 8 team playoff, you can write, in ink, the Buckeyes in every year. They rarely schedule a difficult non-conf game
Alright, this pretty much ends the debate on whether or not 14Red is a troll and shouldn't be taken seriously. Only question now is whether this is an alt or if he's a random lone-wolf.