Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-29-18, 08:01 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
2018 Ohio state biggest failure in ncaa football history

THIS Team a all tine faiilure, all time embarassment.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-18, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
It is halftime, on the road, against a top 10 team, and only down 6.
Old 09-29-18, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Brian overreacting again.
Old 09-29-18, 08:35 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Candidate for biggest meltdown of the year on Yappi.
Old 09-29-18, 09:57 PM
All Yappi

Team sucks, gutless, heartless, losers.
Old 09-29-18, 09:57 PM
All Yappi

Failures amirite?
Old 09-29-18, 10:00 PM
All Yappi

Ohio state has no heart.
Old 09-29-18, 10:36 PM
All Yappi

You nailed it Brian!
Old 09-29-18, 10:38 PM
All Yappi

When i talked bad it works, i get way to emotional.
Old 10-06-18, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

Losing to ind iana biggest embarrassment ever.
Old 10-06-18, 04:14 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
This thread is the biggest failure in history.
Old 10-06-18, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

No ohio state is.
Old 10-13-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Losing tyo minnesota 7 3 a total embarsssment.
Old 10-20-18, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

Losing to purdue a tot al embarassment.
Old 10-20-18, 08:09 PM
All Yappi

Ohio state a total embarassment.
Old 10-20-18, 08:17 PM
All Yappi

Lost to purfue embarassing.
Old 10-21-18, 07:54 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
The team has zero identity. Is what amazes me, and I mean SIMPLY amazes me, is that Meyer went out and hired two overrated OC's in Ryan Day and Kevin Wilson.

For both of these guys it is ALL about their passing schemes. Offensive guys have a different outlook and optimism when it comes to their schemes. This is why defensive guys make great HC's because they have more of a pessimistic outlook. Ask an offensive guy how many points they can score before a game and they will tell you they will hang at least 40. Ask a defensive guy the same about his defense and he will tell you how scared he is of the opposition.

Regardless, for a guy like Meyer, who has ALWAYS ran the ball first and who has always had mobile QB's it is amazing that he allows these two dopes to dictate to him their offensive pass first philosophy (broke an OSU record last night with 74 pass attempts - IN A LOSS). And I do not care if Haskin's does not run design plays, but the ability to extend plays with legs kills defenses.

Through the test of time, it never changes, you must run the football and play defense. This OSU team has all the pieces and they have two very talented RB's. If Tate Martell were the QB, and they went back to a Meyer/Herman type offense, this team would not be losing to teams like Purdue.
Old 10-21-18, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
They got blasted last year with Barrett and balanced numbers.

Sometimes you just lose because you're not prepared for the match-ups. OSU was going to lose last night because of who they were playing, not what they were running. The first two scoring drives for Purdue clear that up. 4th Q, OSU just layed down. Purdue had several scoring drives extended by OSU penalities. That's not the running game that caused this loss, though I agree, RUN FIRST!
Old 10-21-18, 10:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
They got blasted last year with Barrett and balanced numbers.

Sometimes you just lose because you're not prepared for the match-ups. OSU was going to lose last night because of who they were playing, not what they were running. The first two scoring drives for Purdue clear that up. 4th Q, OSU just layed down. Purdue had several scoring drives extended by OSU penalities. That's not the running game that caused this loss, though I agree, RUN FIRST!
I agree, but post knee surgery Barrett was not the same. PLUS, the Buckeyes were relatively young offensively last year (3 returning starters).

And I will agree, some times you are simply not prepped right, the attitude is simply flat, etc. However, this is the first time in Urban Meyer's career were he has allowed OC's to dictate to him rather than the other way around. The Bucks have struggled to run the ball all year. What happened to the counters, the quick playside traps, the jet sweeps, and Q counters? They have two very talented RB's. They'd have a different look with Herman/Meyer and Tate Martell would be the QB and that would only HAVE to throw the ball 20 to 30 (max) a game.
Old 10-21-18, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I don't think philosophy is necessarily the problem. They've tried to run the ball this year, especially early and in close games, and they've just been ineffective because of how bad the OL play is. The line's simply not physical enough to run the ball with two RBs that will eventually be on NFL rosters.

Haskins appears to lack mobility for the run game, but with how effective his arm has been in the passing game one should question why the line consistently gets blown up on running plays. Four years ago when teams had to respect Cardale throwing the ball vertically Zeke shredded everyone, Bama included, on the ground. The bottom line IMO is that Studrawa has done a horrible job of coaching up the current 4 and 5 star crop of OL.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-18, 01:46 PM
All Yappi

I will add: I went to the Tulane game this year, and when Martell played with regular rotation guys they struggled on designed QB runs and in the zone read. It all starts up front.

I'm actually of the opinion they should be gunning it 50-60 times a game unless the weather prevents it. The only way this year's team is beating decent opponents is with Haskins' arm covering for the flaws on the OL and in the defensive back seven.

Old 10-21-18, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Disagree for exactly the reason mentioned, weather. With a loss they need to not only be but also show themselves to be balanced in run and pass or they'll have as much chance at play-offs as Hawaii. They need to be top four regardless of weather and regardless the marketinb value of ND or the sentimental value of UCF.
Old 10-21-18, 05:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I will add: I went to the Tulane game this year, and when Martell played with regular rotation guys they struggled on designed QB runs and in the zone read. It all starts up front.

I'm actually of the opinion they should be gunning it 50-60 times a game unless the weather prevents it. The only way this year's team is beating decent opponents is with Haskins' arm covering for the flaws on the OL and in the defensive back seven.

We are watching a clearly different offensive philosophy. Running the ball in November matters and chucking 50-60 times will haunt. They have gotten away from a Meyer run based spread offense. Regardless of weather you MUST run the ball. Period.

When Zeke played even Jones offered a run threat, which he showed when Bama was in man running downfield and he'd take off for 10-20 yards.

Look at what Patterson is doing at UM. Average speed guy and the difference the past two weeks was his ability to extend plays and his reads in the zone play and taking off for big games. It makes you respect the run, even he does it once or twice a game. When you cannot establish a run game the defense pins their ears back and comes after you and that is exactly what is happening. 74 pass attempts. Woody vomited in his grave.
Old 10-21-18, 05:39 PM
All Region

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
They need to want to win more than they are afraid to lose.
It looks like all the big plays left with Herman and the defense has horribly under achieved.
Losing is bad enough. Losing like yesterday is minor league, maybe even youth league, bad.
Old 10-21-18, 05:42 PM
All Region

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
We are watching a clearly different offensive philosophy. Running the ball in November matters and chucking 50-60 times will haunt. They have gotten away from a Meyer run based spread offense. Regardless of weather you MUST run the ball. Period.

When Zeke played even Jones offered a run threat, which he showed when Bama was in man running downfield and he'd take off for 10-20 yards.

Look at what Patterson is doing at UM. Average speed guy and the difference the past two weeks was his ability to extend plays and his reads in the zone play and taking off for big games. It makes you respect the run, even he does it once or twice a game. When you cannot establish a run game the defense pins their ears back and comes after you and that is exactly what is happening. 74 pass attempts. Woody vomited in his grave.
How does that explain the loss to Iowa last year?
Old 10-21-18, 06:26 PM
All Yappi

I'd prefer to see more balance, but Haskins offers little with his legs. He offers nothing running read option and is slow and non-instinctive breaking the pocket. It has to be with the backs and with guys in motion on jets, and I think ultimately that comes down to Prince, Knox, etc. being awful up front. If Urban wants to challenge their manhood and decides to be hell-bent on giving both backs 20 carries against a weak Nebraska team, then I'm all for it.

Against Minnesota their 4 and 5 star OL consistently got blown up by Minnesota's 3 star DL. 32 carries for 92 yards. Minny went 33 attempts for 178 yards. Same story last night. OSU ran the ball 25 times for 76 yards. Purdue ran it 29 times for 161 yards. Neither Minnesota or Purdue got anything out of their QBs in the running game.

Old 10-21-18, 06:52 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
win out, grab the 4th seed, lose to Alabama. We got a plan.
Old 10-21-18, 08:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
How does that explain the loss to Iowa last year?
Already addressed.
Old 10-21-18, 08:06 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I'd prefer to see more balance, but Haskins offers little with his legs. He offers nothing running read option and is slow and non-instinctive breaking the pocket. It has to be with the backs and with guys in motion on jets, and I think ultimately that comes down to Prince, Knox, etc. being awful up front. If Urban wants to challenge their manhood and decides to be hell-bent on giving both backs 20 carries against a weak Nebraska team, then I'm all for it.

Against Minnesota their 4 and 5 star OL consistently got blown up by Minnesota's 3 star DL. 32 carries for 92 yards. Minny went 33 attempts for 178 yards. Same story last night. OSU ran the ball 25 times for 76 yards. Purdue ran it 29 times for 161 yards. Neither Minnesota or Purdue got anything out of their QBs in the running game.

It has more to do with the fact that they went from multiple run options to ONE option. Focus on RB in run game. Besides that, this team FAILS to even establish a run game. The PSU game they came out throwing. All first half they did not even attempt to establish the run. It was not until the second half, where I assume Meyer got in his OC's ears, that they ran the ball. It has everything to do with scheme and his OC's. They believe in their mind that they can out scheme through the air.

Win out and get the 4th spot? That would be a travesty. They lost to Purdue. The talent does not come CLOSE to equating. They better be careful next weekend and UM will have their best shot in years because they will certainly stop the run.

And for the record, Tom Herman was a mediocre OC when Urban hired him from a downtrodden Iowa State. Urban made him like he made so many of his guys (Mullen, Wittingham, etc...). This is the first time he has allowed OC's to dictate their philosophy to him and it has hurt.
Old 10-21-18, 09:20 PM
All Yappi

Frankly, by the trends I'm more concerned with Higdon ripping off 25-30 carries for 175 yards or more in "The Game" than I am about OSU not being able to run the ball against Michigan's front 7.

I don't see any possibility of having multiple options in the run game unless Martell starts taking 15-20 snaps a game. I have mixed thoughts on that as Haskins arm is by far their best offensive weapon.

Indiana ran the ball perfectly fine during the Wilson days. I don't believe anything offensive gets by without Urban's rubber stamp of approval. Ultimately, IMO what you see is the staff collectively adjusting to having a pocket passer instead of a dual threat QB. Haskins has by far the best arm talent of any QB Meyer has ever had. Likewise, with maybe the exception of Chris Leak (who had battering ram Timmy relieve him in the red zone), he's easily the worst runner he's had at the position. They haven't judged the trade-off to be worth using Martell in spots yet. Maybe that will change now.