Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-29-18, 12:58 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Greatest Game in this History Of the Metro Buckeye Confernece

Dayton Christian vs Troy Christian this week. I highly doubt the metro buckeye conference has ever had two top 5 teams in the rankings playing each other in any sport. Should be a huge game.

I really think the outcome is going to be how physical the game is allowed to be played. If its a body contest I like TC, if the game is called more tightly I think DC should win.

One of the these teams could make a run to state with the Cinn. pro team now D2.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-18, 03:03 PM
Varsity

HowardWebb is on a distinguished road
Will be a good one
Old 09-29-18, 07:28 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Either of these teams are capable of making a long tourney run this year but don't count out maderia in Cincy either.

Should be a good game against this week. Wish I could make it.
Old 09-30-18, 04:09 PM
Varsity

FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
should be a great game. I think DC is a little more battle tested at this point and will pull out the win.

Very good chance these teams will meet again in a few weeks.
Old 10-01-18, 04:17 AM
Freshman

reggieDunlop is on a distinguished road
The game is Senior Night for DC and also the marching band will be playing. Bonfire and bouncy houses for the kids. Should be a fun night...
Old 10-01-18, 12:07 PM
All American

Gview is on a distinguished road
2004 Was a good game as well.
Old 10-02-18, 09:46 PM
Varsity

concreek is on a distinguished road
So did the "Greatest Game in this History Of the Metro Buckeye Conference" live up to the hype? What was the result?
Old 10-02-18, 10:48 PM
Varsity

1-1
Old 10-03-18, 02:14 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreek View Post
So did the "Greatest Game in this History Of the Metro Buckeye Conference" live up to the hype? What was the result?
Each team scored late in the first half... TC scored first on a direct free kick just outside the box that may have been deflected, and DC responded with a penalty kick goal within just a few minutes. Both fouls that led to the kicks looked legit from the stands.

Second half was pretty tense, but no more scoring. Both coaches got yellow cards in the second half, and the DC coach was shown red with a few minutes to go.
Old 10-03-18, 02:22 PM
Varsity

A straight red ? Or his second yellow which led to a red
Old 10-03-18, 02:37 PM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggieDunlop View Post
Both coaches got yellow cards in the second half, and the DC coach was shown red with a few minutes to go.
Cool, cool.
Old 10-03-18, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Second half was pretty tense, but no more scoring. Both coaches got yellow cards in the second half, and the DC coach was shown red with a few minutes to go.
I didn't hear of any yellows against TC coaches. Story I heard was a yellow against DC coach in 2nd half and then I heard a red to two of the DC coaches. Not sure if it was the head coach or not. Since it was coaches and not players, does it matter or is the head coach penalized automatically anyway?

Sounded like a good game.
Old 10-03-18, 10:15 PM
Varsity

It matters as far as punishment and future suspension if they are 2CT or Straight Reds
Old 10-03-18, 11:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardWebb View Post
It matters as far as punishment and future suspension if they are 2CT or Straight Reds
No, I know that. I meant does the head coach take the punishment for his assistants getting the straight red (if that happened) or can it be applied to the assistants that got tossed? For some reason I have it in my head that the head coach takes the punishment for actions of those on the bench. I have no idea why that is in my head and realize I am very likely wrong. But still thought this is a good time to clarify.
Old 10-03-18, 11:03 PM
Varsity

Greatest Game in this History Of the Metro Buckeye Confernece

No, itís the assistants

Example, if I have to give a yellow for equipment, Iíll give it to an assistant to avoid problems later if I need to Caution the head coach
Old 10-04-18, 08:53 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I didn't hear of any yellows against TC coaches. Story I heard was a yellow against DC coach in 2nd half and then I heard a red to two of the DC coaches. Not sure if it was the head coach or not. Since it was coaches and not players, does it matter or is the head coach penalized automatically anyway?

Sounded like a good game.
I was in the home stands right next to the band, so I couldn't hear anything that was said. There was a yellow shown in the direction of the TC bench, so I guess I can't be certain that it was the coach... could have been a player on the bench.

Yellow card to DC coach was to an assistant who went far down the sideline to argue a call. I know there is a "coaching box" in football, but not sure about soccer. The red card was a straight red to the same coach, and he walked off the field. Only one coach left the field, so I'm assuming that only one coach was given the red card.
Old 10-04-18, 09:19 PM
Varsity

concreek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was in the home stands right next to the band, so I couldn't hear anything that was said. There was a yellow shown in the direction of the TC bench, so I guess I can't be certain that it was the coach... could have been a player on the bench.

Yellow card to DC coach was to an assistant who went far down the sideline to argue a call. I know there is a "coaching box" in football, but not sure about soccer. The red card was a straight red to the same coach, and he walked off the field. Only one coach left the field, so I'm assuming that only one coach was given the red card.
Wait - I need to highlight this - "I was in the home stands right next to the band, so I couldn't hear anything that was said."

Are you telling me the marching band was in the stands playing away during a game? If so, awesome to the home team (Dayton Christian) and shows what a cool rivalry this is!
Old 10-04-18, 11:39 PM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
No surprise about the red. I am sure I know which coach got nailed. Problems for DC with refs is nothing new.
Old 10-06-18, 06:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreek View Post
Wait - I need to highlight this - "I was in the home stands right next to the band, so I couldn't hear anything that was said."

Are you telling me the marching band was in the stands playing away during a game? If so, awesome to the home team (Dayton Christian) and shows what a cool rivalry this is!
Yes, cool environment. Was senior night and had other activities going on to make a festive atmosphere. Kudos DC
Old 10-29-18, 02:57 PM
All Ohio

Talking Part Two!!!

Well the rematch is going to be aheck of a game. The first game had a lot more emotion than I expected (And I thought there would be red cards). I cant imagine how it will get ramped up with the stakes on the table.

This will be a physical game. How the whistle blows will have a great impact even more than normal (let them play vs. tight).

I have no clue who will win, I think it will go to kicks and at that point who knows. I might give TC the slightest of edges, only because their keeper just went through a shoot out last week.

Any thoughts? I have TC 0 - 0 (6-5)

Last edited by yakyak; 10-29-18 at 03:56 PM..
Old 11-01-18, 11:28 PM
All Ohio

Great game, awfull conditions. Congrats DC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: