Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-09-18, 07:26 AM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 3,102
lchsman is on a distinguished road
Lake Catholic 2018-19

Lake Catholic Cougars

11/30/18 H Gilmour Academy
12/4/18 A Willoughby South
12/7/18 H Erie Cathedral Prep
12/14/18 A Trinity
12/21/18 A Walsh Jesuit
12/29/18 A St. Ignatius (Garfield Heights NEO Tournament)
1/4/19 H Archbishop Hoban
1/6/19 A St. Edward (Elyria Catholic Tournament)
1/11/19 H NDCL
1/15/19 A Youngstown Ursuline
1/18/19 H Padua
1/19/19 H University
1/25/19 H Warren JFK
1/29/19 A Holy Name
2/1/19 H Walsh Jesuit
2/5/19 H Cornerstone Christian
2/8/19 A Cleveland Central Catholic
2/12/19 H Bedford
2/15/19 A NDCL
2/19/19 H Beachwood
2/22/19 A Padua
2/23/19 A Mentor
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-09-18, 07:38 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,408
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
Lake Catholic Cougars

11/30/18 H Gilmour Academy
12/4/18 A Willoughby South
12/7/18 H Erie Cathedral Prep
12/14/18 A Trinity
12/21/18 A Walsh Jesuit
12/29/18 A St. Ignatius (Garfield Heights NEO Tournament)
1/4/19 H Archbishop Hoban
1/6/19 A St. Edward (Elyria Catholic Tournament)
1/11/19 H NDCL
1/15/19 A Youngstown Ursuline
1/18/19 H Padua
1/19/19 H University
1/25/19 H Warren JFK
1/29/19 A Holy Name
2/1/19 H Walsh Jesuit
2/5/19 H Cornerstone Christian
2/8/19 A Cleveland Central Catholic
2/12/19 H Bedford
2/15/19 A NDCL
2/19/19 H Beachwood
2/22/19 A Padua
2/23/19 A Mentor


Nice upgrade to the schedule, was Mentor on it LY?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-18, 07:42 AM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 3,102
lchsman is on a distinguished road
What I’m confused about...where is Benedictine?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-18, 09:10 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,408
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
What I’m confused about...where is Benedictine?
I heard the NCL for hoops was going to 3 divisions based off of past traditional performance so maybe Lake Catholic was pushed into the 2nd group with Padua, NDCL, and Walsh? It looks like there are some crossovers with both the upper group: CCC & Hoban plus the lower group: JFK & Trinity. Maybe someone that was at the NCL meetings can fill us in with how hoops will be working for this conference moving forward.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-18, 11:24 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,689
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I heard the NCL for hoops was going to 3 divisions based off of past traditional performance so maybe Lake Catholic was pushed into the 2nd group with Padua, NDCL, and Walsh? It looks like there are some crossovers with both the upper group: CCC & Hoban plus the lower group: JFK & Trinity. Maybe someone that was at the NCL meetings can fill us in with how hoops will be working for this conference moving forward.


Yeah NCL basketball is now in 3 divisions of 4 to add more flexibility to non conference schedules as each team only has to play those 3 teams in their division twice instead of playing the 5 teams twice a year and bring back crossover games. It honestly is good for the NCL as for example, people who are St.Joes supporters wouldnít want to sit and watch a game against Trinity twice a year which end up being 30-40 point blowout games where they could play a quality opponent like a Mentor or Iggy. Which is my guess why NCL switched formats.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-18, 12:06 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,408
Auggie is on a distinguished road
So is this the breakdown:

Tier I:
Benny
CCC
Hoban
VASJ

Tier II:
Lake
NDCL
Padua
Walsh

Tier III:
Aquinas
Gilmour
JFK
Trinity
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-18, 05:14 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,689
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
I believe this is what was posted earlier in the year when this first came out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-10-18, 09:41 AM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 3,102
lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post


Nice upgrade to the schedule, was Mentor on it LY?
Nope. I believe the last time Mentor and Lake played was 4 or 5 years ago in the Mentor Holiday Tournament.

I like it being the last regular season game heading into the postseason. Should be a good one this year.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-10-18, 09:46 AM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 3,102
lchsman is on a distinguished road
Regardless of how the NCL breakdown is, I wish Lake at least played Benedictine one time. Have not had much success against Benedictine the last couple years, but it’s always a good test for the Cougars.

But yes by far this is LC’s toughest basketball schedule ever IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-10-18, 10:11 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,408
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
Regardless of how the NCL breakdown is, I wish Lake at least played Benedictine one time. Have not had much success against Benedictine the last couple years, but itís always a good test for the Cougars.

But yes by far this is LCís toughest basketball schedule ever IMO.
They should be playing each other, not sure what the NCL is up to but I have a feeling in 5 years it will look nothing like the above layout.

By the way this is Lake vs Benny week in football and here we are on the hoops board talking about the future schedule. Back in the day this would have been the game of the year, the times are a changin'.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-10-18, 01:31 PM
Gardens35 Gardens35 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-10-09
Posts: 1,949
Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Stay classy MLC.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-10-18, 02:05 PM
Cougar Nation Cougar Nation is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-17-12
Posts: 320
Cougar Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
Nope. I believe the last time Mentor and Lake played was 4 or 5 years ago in the Mentor Holiday Tournament.

I like it being the last regular season game heading into the postseason. Should be a good one this year.
It's just a shame it can't be at Lake. I know the gym is smaller, but it would be nice for it to be a Lake "home game". And that's a brutal schedule!

Last edited by Cougar Nation; 10-10-18 at 07:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-12-18, 05:11 AM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 3,102
lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardens35 View Post
Stay classy MLC.
My man! Hope your doing well.

Good luck to the Falcons this week!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-12-18, 05:15 AM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 3,102
lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
They should be playing each other, not sure what the NCL is up to but I have a feeling in 5 years it will look nothing like the above layout.

By the way this is Lake vs Benny week in football and here we are on the hoops board talking about the future schedule. Back in the day this would have been the game of the year, the times are a changin'.
At least you guys are still talking playoffs, hence the reason I started the LC basketball thread.

Hard to believe this will be the 7th year in a row LC has missed the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-12-18, 05:19 AM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 3,102
lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Nation View Post
It's just a shame it can't be at Lake. I know the gym is smaller, but it would be nice for it to be a Lake "home game". And that's a brutal schedule!
I don’t mind the game being at Mentor, but I see your point. I always enjoyed watching games at Mentor gym.

To be honest, probably more of a safety concern than anything. You see how packed it gets against NDCL. Mentor will be double that crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-12-18, 05:43 PM
conspiritor conspiritor is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-18-18
Posts: 10
conspiritor is on a distinguished road
Schedule???

I see 6 tough games. That is not nearly a brutal schedule unless that is how LC thinks these days.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-14-18, 07:57 PM
Carol Danvers Carol Danvers is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-30-18
Posts: 30
Carol Danvers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
Regardless of how the NCL breakdown is, I wish Lake at least played Benedictine one time. Have not had much success against Benedictine the last couple years, but itís always a good test for the Cougars.

But yes by far this is LCís toughest basketball schedule ever IMO.

Besides Eller and Frazier, what do you think the starting five will look like? And who might be the coming off the bench. I know Eller has some height and Frazier has gotten taller, any other size on the Cougars? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EagleFan's Projections 09/18/2018 EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 09-18-18 03:10 PM
2018 Weekly Schedules by Date and Time EagleFan Football 12 07-23-18 03:52 AM
History of Baseball State Championships (1928-2018) Yappi Baseball 35 06-05-18 01:28 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz