Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
3rd party overruled controversial targeting call in Pac-12 game

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-sport...040318946.html

So basically a call in a game can be overruled by an out side source? Of note in the column, "That 'third party' was Pac-12 general counsel and senior vice president of business affairs Woodie Dixon, Yahoo Sports sources have confirmed."

It looks like someone from the PAC 12 Commissionaires office has a hot line to the refs while a game is occurring. What's not to say that if a playoff bound team is on upset alert and the president of business affairs feels it is better to have them win and get the bid so he makes a few calls to moving things in a certain direction during replay? Also now that sports gambling is legal what's not to say that folks that lose a bet and feel the game was fixed go to court to get their $s back? Talk about bad optics for a Conference that has a history of poor reffing.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-18, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Just heard about this story from Thameltoe.

I would think the refs would be quick to throw them under the bus if this was investigated further. I also wonder if there was a gambling aspect to this?

This probably isnt the first time it happened either