Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-09-19, 09:18 PM
All American

BTrev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
In the Fitch game Canfield scored 4 or 5 Touchdowns in garbage time after Fitch had put in all the JVs. Canfield trailed by 5 touchdowns at one point.
Canfield legitimately had in excess of negative 150 rushing yards. They averaged almost negative 10 yards a carry. So you would say a team with like 5 or 6 Ints and negative 150 rushing yards didn't get steamrolled?

Canfield can manage playing one of Fitch, Harding or Boardman but all 3 in one season would overwhelm them, it would be too much.
Just wait for Canfield to have a loosing record this year. Of Highland, ND-CL, Dover, Boardman, and Louisville... probably 4 of those 5 are a loss for sure and you think they should add Fitch and Harding?

To be clear I don't think Canfield fits in the NE8 due to other area schools declining in enrollment but at the same time Canfield does not fit with Fitch, Harding and Boardman at least as of the moment due to a large disparity in demographics and enrollment, but if the gap closes further in both aspects then I would not be opposed to playing the schedule or teams you propose. Right now Canfield, Poland and a few other smaller communities are demographic outliers in the Youngstown area, but over time if the demographics more closely reflect other schools in the area like Harding and Fitch then Canfield would probably be very competitive in pretty much all sports. As it is Canfield is very good in some sports and not too good in others but with more balanced demographics, they would likely get a bit worse in some they were stronger in but get better in those they were weaker in to be more balanced in all sports and not be overly dominant in any for a more competitive league overall.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The stats would say they were steamrolled. The final score says otherwise. One holds more weight than the other.
And like I said... what happened 16 years ago means very little in terms of what would happen today. 16 years ago, Campbell was D4, went 6-4, and just beat Struthers for the 3rd year in a row. 16 years ago, D4 Struthers was rolled by D2 Howland by 4 touchdowns...
Does that mean those outcomes would be the same today? Of course not... because things change.

I'm not arguing that Fitch and Harding would be a step down from everyone you mentioned. Those would be the toughest games on the schedule, and Canfield would likely take their share of L's.. especially the first couple years. The rest of their schedule would get a lot easier, though. And for all anyone knows, Fitch could be where Howland is today in 5-10 years... I don't think that's so unrealistic.
I never said that Canfield should play those 5, plus Fitch and Harding. But if you play Fitch and Harding, keep Boardman, and replace those other 4 that you mentioned with Mooney, Ursuline, East, Chaney. Poland is already back on the schedule... keep that going. Then schedule someone like Howland, Louisville in weeks 1 and 2 to top off the schedule... that's way better than what they have now. With that kind of schedule, Canfield would be in between 5-5 and 8-2 every year. Sometimes better. Sometimes worse. But consistently over .500.

"... but if the gap closes further in both aspects then I would not be opposed to playing the schedule or teams you propose..."
This is the main point I've been trying to get across... sorta. With regard to enrollment, the gap has already narrowed considerably. And should only continue to narrow in the coming years. As far as demographics... let's face it. Warren and Youngstown will probably never have much in common with Canfield when it comes to demographics... but I would think Canfield would think that to be in their favor.

Just saying... might be a good move for Canfield to be ahead of the trend. The league wouldn't get off the ground until 2022 or so anyway. Everyone would have to play out their existing contracts.
Old 05-10-19, 07:18 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Canfield doesn’t want to play up and would rather play down. End of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-19, 08:12 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Canfield doesn’t want to play up and would rather play down. End of story.

Canfield doesn't want to play up with Fitch, Harding and Boardman but would gladly play up in a situation such as the Suburban League unfortunately logistics obviously won't allow it to ever happen. Canfield is not interested in scheduling all 3, one if them sure (they currently have Boardman), two of them it depends on the rest of their schedule, and how difficult the rest of the schedule is the other eight weeks.

Old 05-12-19, 07:43 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
You act like you’re speak and know all the ins and outs about Canfield, stop beating around the bush, they do not want to play any local
Schools bigger then them
Old 05-12-19, 07:51 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
You act like you’re speak and know all the ins and outs about Canfield, stop beating around the bush, they do not want to play any local
Schools bigger then them
Simply put if Canfield has the chance to do something logical that makes sense, 9 times out of 10 they won't do it. I don't think anyone will disagree with that statement.

Old 05-12-19, 10:37 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
People will agree with my statement 9-10 times the only one time they won’t would be you disagreeing
Old 05-13-19, 06:46 AM
All District

DahBeast is on a distinguished road
I thought this thread was about the AAC Blue tier merging with the MVAC, and it turns out to be about Canfield and their quest. Only the Shadow knows
Old 05-13-19, 01:23 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahBeast View Post
I thought this thread was about the AAC Blue tier merging with the MVAC, and it turns out to be about Canfield and their quest. Only the Shadow knows

Are you new here

Old 05-14-19, 06:44 AM
All District

DahBeast is on a distinguished road
LOL, just poking fun back. I truly love the tangents that fly off on here.