Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-30-19, 04:46 PM
All Ohio

Mathews99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Newton Falls turned down the NAC too.
The NAC turned down Newton Falls several times...
Old 04-30-19, 07:53 PM
All Region

ideliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
No one is saying the league has to start this year. Canfield isn't the only school with previous commitments. Of course it would be a couple years down the road.

Has Canfield lost to Boardman since that series was kickstarted a few years ago? And Fitch and Harding are trending downward. Harding probably won't drop off too much... but there's a good chance that Fitch will be on the same level as Boardman in a few years.

So say Canfield beats Poland and splits with Dover and the other D2 school. 2-1. Say they beat Boardman, Mooney, Ursuline, Chaney, East. 7-1. If Fitch keeps hemorrhaging enrollment after the GM shutdown, they just dropped like 100+ boys from a couple years ago, it wouldn't be a surprise if Canfield beat them in a few years. And say they lose to Harding... 8-2.

8-2 would get Canfield in the playoffs most years. And every so often they'd get a special group that goes 9-1 or 10-0. Sure, Canfield would have some sub .500 years... but that wouldn't be the norm, either.

And they could always schedule easier OOC games... they don't need to play Dover and other D2 powerhouses every year. A cupcake, a Harbin cow, and Poland would suffice. There'd be plenty of Harbins on the table in league play.

It's not a matter of what Fitch was, or even is right now... it's a matter of what they'll be in a few years. I don't think they'll be an "automatic loss" every year, as you like to say. The last several years, yes. Canfield wouldn't have done too well against Fitch. Going forward, I'd be more optimistic... and I actually don't think it's all that unpragmatic.

Canfield's football and basketball teams wouldn't own the league every year, but they wouldn't exactly get killed either. Their soccer, golf, tennis, wrestling, and baseball teams would dominate this league. And the girls would clean up, too.

Would Canfield make money in this league? Yes. Lots of it. Lots of games that would draw big crowds, especially in football and basketball.

Would Canfield be competitive in this league? Yes. Very competitive. And perennial championship contenders in almost every sport.

Would this league make scheduling easy for Canfield and make sense geographically? Yes. Like 85-90% of their games across all sports would be in Mahoning county... which would also save a ton of money on travel.

But in football, Canfield wouldn't go 10-0 every year and be the number 1 seed in Region 9... so it's not a good fit? Please.

First the excuse was we can't beat Mooney or Ursuline. Then it was Fitch and Harding are too big. Now it's the Harbin situation...

The truth is, Canfield would never join a league like this because they wouldn't be in control. They'd need to actually get along and be more democratic with the other members. Judging how they handled the situation with Poland, their biggest rival and the biggest draw on their schedule. And how they've publicly vowed to never play Mooney or Ursuline. Their administration is too stubborn and authoritarian to ever have a healthy working relationship with Boardman, Fitch, Harding, Mooney, Ursuline, etc.

That's why Struthers wants nothing to do with them anymore.

It's a shame.

Can I get a hell yeah?!

They both dropped JFK...
Old 04-30-19, 08:36 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
West branch is better off staying out, they’ll compete better where they are now, NE8 would be rough for them
Old 05-08-19, 10:29 AM
All American

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Why such resistance by Canfield to play Fitch,Mooney,Ursuline,Harding?

This are great games for local football. I would think these games would make good money.

Our region continues to bleep population, why keep up the petty politics?
Old 05-08-19, 10:58 AM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
Why such resistance by Canfield to play Fitch,Mooney,Ursuline,Harding?

This are great games for local football. I would think these games would make good money.

Our region continues to bleep population, why keep up the petty politics?
The last time Canfield played Fitch in football, the Falcons set a lot of single game records that are still standing to this day. It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with having no chance to win and therefore reducing their chances of making the playoffs.
I was at the game the last time Canfield played Fitch and we got literally steamrolled. Canfield did not stop Fitch a single time and Canfield rushed for around -150 yards or something like that. Canfield was lucky just to get back to the line of scrimmage on any given play. It was the most one sided game I have seen Canfield play. It was only by dumb luck that the score was not worse than it was, Canfield's QB litterally heaved it into the endzone probably 40-50 times, they just ran the Hail Mary over and over and litterally prayed a DB would slip or something.
Contrary to popular belief Canfield would not be competitive in football against Fitch, Harding and Boardman. The only reason we beat Boardman is they played tougher competition week in and week out and were not 100% due to injuries and general fatigue. Canfield will have their hands full this year as it is without Fitch and Harding on the schedule. Fitch has a lot more depth at every position, if a key player for Canfield gets hurt they can't replace him, Fitch just slots in the next guy on the depth chart and you barely notice the difference.
Why doesn't the likes of Struthers, Poland, Niles and the rest of the NE8 schedule Mooney and Ursuline then? Surely they can compete with them since they are D IV and D V just like the rest of the league. Mooney and Ursuline may not have good records some years but most years they are not bad teams by any means.
Canfield is not interested im scheduling just for the biggest gates, because with that sort of schedule they would go 1-9, maybe 2-8 or 3-7 if they get lucky.
I am not anticipating a good season from Canfield this year, they will be extremely fortunate to finish with a winning record depending on what happens with their open week.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-19, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
The last time Canfield played Fitch in football, the Falcons set a lot of single game records that are still standing to this day. It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with having no chance to win and therefore reducing their chances of making the playoffs.
I was at the game the last time Canfield played Fitch and we got literally steamrolled. Canfield did not stop Fitch a single time and Canfield rushed for around -150 yards or something like that. Canfield was lucky just to get back to the line of scrimmage on any given play. It was the most one sided game I have seen Canfield play. It was only by dumb luck that the score was not worse than it was, Canfield's QB litterally heaved it into the endzone probably 40-50 times, they just ran the Hail Mary over and over and litterally prayed a DB would slip or something.
Contrary to popular belief Canfield would not be competitive in football against Fitch, Harding and Boardman. The only reason we beat Boardman is they played tougher competition week in and week out and were not 100% due to injuries and general fatigue. Canfield will have their hands full this year as it is without Fitch and Harding on the schedule. Fitch has a lot more depth at every position, if a key player for Canfield gets hurt they can't replace him, Fitch just slots in the next guy on the depth chart and you barely notice the difference.
Why doesn't the likes of Struthers, Poland, Niles and the rest of the NE8 schedule Mooney and Ursuline then? Surely they can compete with them since they are D IV and D V just like the rest of the league. Mooney and Ursuline may not have good records some years but most years they are not bad teams by any means.
Canfield is not interested im scheduling just for the biggest gates, because with that sort of schedule they would go 1-9, maybe 2-8 or 3-7 if they get lucky.
I am not anticipating a good season from Canfield this year, they will be extremely fortunate to finish with a winning record depending on what happens with their open week.

Poor Canfield. We all feel so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-19, 12:02 PM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Poor Canfield. We all feel so bad.

Litterally
Old 05-08-19, 03:02 PM
#BleedBlack&Gold

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Quote:

How long ago was this game between Fitch and Canfield? I went back over 10 seasons ago and cannot find it. Surely a game from that long ago would not drive decisions made today. There are leagues that have collapsed and rekindled in that amount of time.
Old 05-08-19, 03:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGold View Post
How long ago was this game between Fitch and Canfield? I went back over 10 seasons ago and cannot find it. Surely a game from that long ago would not drive decisions made today. There are leagues that have collapsed and rekindled in that amount of time.
It was about 15 years ago and the schools were actually closer in enrollment then than they are now. The game was not anywhere near as close as the final score indicates. As I said Fitch set a lot of records that night, that will be very difficult to break. Canfield did set records for most passing attempts, most interceptions, most punts, and fewest rushing yards.

Old 05-08-19, 05:08 PM
All World

Canfield can’t play 1 division up or they will get steamrolled? All the other teams that were in conference with Canfield in the past were smaller and they didn’t get “steamrolled” every year. It’s the point where if Canfield can’t win at least 6 of 10 games then there is no shot they will play it. As you said why don’t teams like Poland Struthers niles etc play Mooney and Ursuline, I’m sure you’re not as dumb as that comment is because that is a whole different issue, mainly the same reason Canfield won’t play Mooney or Ursuline so idk where you were getting at there either. Canfield needs to realize that teams have down years and the only way you try and stop that isn’t playing schools smaller or less formidable and it’s just sad.
Old 05-08-19, 05:09 PM
All World

Also Fitch is dropping in enrollment
Old 05-08-19, 05:41 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I’ll throw me 2 cents in even though Canfield really has nothing to do with the MVAC other than they competed in the ICL way back in the day.

Boardman, Fitch and Harding aren’t the same programs they were 10+ years ago. All 3 are solid, hardly powerhouses. Canfield absolutely could compete with them. Sure on a year that Harding, Fitch, or Boardman are “up” and talented Canfield wouldn’t fair well, but that’s not the norm anymore. Canfield is 3-1 against Boardman in the 4 years they’ve played each other. 2016 Harding is the only team of the last 4 years of those 3 that Canfield would’ve likely got crushed by, all the others would’ve been competitive games that Canfield would’ve won their share of.
Old 05-08-19, 09:52 PM
Freshman

dhsdog06 is on a distinguished road
Going through Eitel, Canfield literally hasn't played Fitch since 2000. So a game played literally last century is being used to decide current league alignments and schedules?

That's literally asinine. I have no dog in this fight, but that sure makes Canfield sound like they're ducking anyone they think MIGHT beat them. Even if they'd likely compete pretty well today.
Old 05-08-19, 10:51 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsdog06 View Post
Going through Eitel, Canfield literally hasn't played Fitch since 2000. So a game played literally last century is being used to decide current league alignments and schedules?

That's literally asinine. I have no dog in this fight, but that sure makes Canfield sound like they're ducking anyone they think MIGHT beat them. Even if they'd likely compete pretty well today.
They have definitely f***ing played more recently than 2000, I don't know what the f*** you were looking at. I was at the game and it was definitely after the year 2000. Like I said it was about 15 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Canfield canít play 1 division up or they will get steamrolled? All the other teams that were in conference with Canfield in the past were smaller and they didnít get ďsteamrolledĒ every year. Itís the point where if Canfield canít win at least 6 of 10 games then there is no shot they will play it. As you said why donít teams like Poland Struthers niles etc play Mooney and Ursuline, Iím sure youíre not as dumb as that comment is because that is a whole different issue, mainly the same reason Canfield wonít play Mooney or Ursuline so idk where you were getting at there either. Canfield needs to realize that teams have down years and the only way you try and stop that isnít playing schools smaller or less formidable and itís just sad.
Actually in the past Canfield wasn't even the largest school in the leagues until very recently. Canfield was actually on the smaller side until the late years of the MVC. And Howland was bigger than Canfield until even more recently and even Poland was larger than Canfield for a period of time.
Everyone somehow thinks Canfield will be competitive year in and year out when they are actually trending in the wrong direction. Canfield had some exceptional years recently but that is as good as they will be, and most years they would not even win the NE8 in all honesty.
The difference in the depth of teams that are D-II and D-I compared to D-III, D-IV & D-V is huge. With the exception of the likes of schools like Trotwood, SVSM et al the rest of the D-III schools just do not have the talent and depth to play solid D-I and D-II schools over the course of a 10 game season. If it were only a 4 or 5 game season that would be feasible but playing a full season's worth of games where you are overmatched in most facets of the game it really tests a teams depth and conditioning and could put a team into a bad situation ie(playing through an injury only to suffer a more serious or season ending injury).

Old 05-09-19, 12:59 AM
All World

That’s the thing Canfield won’t think about playing a game they won’t be able to compete in. Fitch isn’t close to being as good as they once were and enrollment is dropping, and let’s face it Boardman just isn’t a good team for their size. The argument that they won’t compete is just wrong, I know for a fact Canfield has better coaching staffs then all mentioned, but they’re also
The main reason they won’t play anyone
Old 05-09-19, 01:34 AM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Canfield and Fitch played in 2003, (6-4) Fitch beat (3-7) Canfield 48-40
Old 05-09-19, 03:03 AM
All World

And Canfield has beaten Boardman 3 in a row as well
Old 05-09-19, 07:37 AM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Everyone somehow thinks Canfield will be competitive year in and year out when they are actually trending in the wrong direction.

Weren't they ranked #1 in the state for a portion of last season, and didn't they finish #3 in the AP poll? On top of that they were ousted by the eventual state champ in the 3rd round, so at no point is a #1-3 ranking and a 3rd round playoff appearance trending in the wrong way.
Old 05-09-19, 07:50 AM
#BleedBlack&Gold

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Canfield has had 3 losing seasons in the last 15 years! They have made playoffs in 8 of those seasons:

2018 11-2
2017 12-1
2016 7-3
2015 8-3
2014 5-5
2013 3-7
2012 2-8
2011 6-4
2010 5-5
2009 10-2
2008 7-3
2007 10-2
2006 8-3
2005 14-1
2004 7-4
2003 3-7

This program history does not reflect a downward trend. It looks like a dip or change in talent or program that even great programs go through. Again Canfield is similar to Chardon and Kenston in size and competition. But, Chardon and Kenston are in a league with larger schools similar to Fitch and Boardman. These are three great schools across the board in education and athletics. It just makes sense to affiliate them.
Old 05-09-19, 10:15 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
Everyone somehow thinks Canfield will be competitive year in and year out when they are actually trending in the wrong direction.

Weren't they ranked #1 in the state for a portion of last season, and didn't they finish #3 in the AP poll? On top of that they were ousted by the eventual state champ in the 3rd round, so at no point is a #1-3 ranking and a 3rd round playoff appearance trending in the wrong way.
I am referring to the boys coming up from lower grades. Because the results from the varsity team the past couple years don't really mean that much because most of those players have now graduated. Recall the years Canfield went 2-8 and 3-7, about 10 years ago, that was against most of the schools in the NE8, if Canfield had a schedule of Boardman, Harding, Fitch, Mooney, Ursuline, Highland, Louisville, Dover, Poland and Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin either of those two years they would be 0-10 and probably would not have been with 4 TDs in a single game.
Canfield is fixing to be as bad as those two years, it may not be this year but in the next few seasons.
Canfield barely beats Boardman when they have their best seasons and an ideal schedule situation, and you guys are trying to say they will be competitive every year.
The fact is programs like Chardon, Kenston and probably even Louisville have a consistent enough source of talent at key positions and enough depth most years that they can be competitive playing solid D-I and D-II programs for the majority of their schedule (I am not saying they would be competitive with a teams like St. Ed's, Hoban or Massillon). I know Louisville had some down years recently but they had a more difficult schedule than Canfield and if they were to have swapped schedules I think Louisville would have had a much better record and probably would have made the playoffs. Meanwhile I think Canfield may have missed the playoffs one of the years if they had to play Louisville's schedule.

Canfield was able to have that run of winning seasons and making the playoffs solely because of an extremely favorable schedule the past 20 years or so. Maybe not the best schedule for Harbins, but the best for not wearing a team down over the course of a number of tough games.

Old 05-09-19, 10:36 AM
All District

bmcphers7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathews99 View Post
The NAC turned down Newton Falls several times...
From what I was told Southington turned down Newton Falls.
Old 05-09-19, 03:12 PM
All Ohio

Mathews99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcphers7 View Post
From what I was told Southington turned down Newton Falls.
IF thats the case its time to throw Southington out make them play as an independent......
Old 05-09-19, 04:17 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am referring to the boys coming up from lower grades. Because the results from the varsity team the past couple years don't really mean that much because most of those players have now graduated. Recall the years Canfield went 2-8 and 3-7, about 10 years ago, that was against most of the schools in the NE8, if Canfield had a schedule of Boardman, Harding, Fitch, Mooney, Ursuline, Highland, Louisville, Dover, Poland and Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin either of those two years they would be 0-10 and probably would not have been with 4 TDs in a single game.
Canfield is fixing to be as bad as those two years, it may not be this year but in the next few seasons.
Canfield barely beats Boardman when they have their best seasons and an ideal schedule situation, and you guys are trying to say they will be competitive every year.
The fact is programs like Chardon, Kenston and probably even Louisville have a consistent enough source of talent at key positions and enough depth most years that they can be competitive playing solid D-I and D-II programs for the majority of their schedule (I am not saying they would be competitive with a teams like St. Ed's, Hoban or Massillon). I know Louisville had some down years recently but they had a more difficult schedule than Canfield and if they were to have swapped schedules I think Louisville would have had a much better record and probably would have made the playoffs. Meanwhile I think Canfield may have missed the playoffs one of the years if they had to play Louisville's schedule.

Canfield was able to have that run of winning seasons and making the playoffs solely because of an extremely favorable schedule the past 20 years or so. Maybe not the best schedule for Harbins, but the best for not wearing a team down over the course of a number of tough games.

What are you talking about? Canfields younger teams are pretty good coming up too.

Old 05-09-19, 04:25 PM
All American

BTrev is on a distinguished road
If Canfield can play Boardman, Dover, and another D2 power every year... along with all the other tough games on the schedule... why can't they play Boardman, Fitch, Harding, etc every year? And play Poland, Howland, Louisville OOC?

Fitch of 16 years ago is hardly comparable to today. That may as well be 100 years ago. That's an entirely different era. And the way Simken described that game, you'd think Fitch won 50-7.
I'll say it again... Boardman is BIGGER than both Fitch and Harding, not the other way around... and they're trending downward.

A proposed league of Canfield, Boardman, Fitch, Harding, Mooney, Ursuline, East, and Chaney shouldn't be based on the past, or even the present. Look to the future...
Canfield would make money in that league, they'd be competitive, and they'd play a schedule almost entirely comprised of local schools. And not only would they compete, they'd dominate that league every year in several sports.
But Canfield wouldn't go 10-0 in football every year, so it's not a good fit. Like they're current situation is so much more ideal...

Even if Canfield Football does have rough times ahead, wouldn't it be better to join a local conference with a group of schools that are similar in size (majority smaller)?
Just so we're clear... Canfield would rather waste money on travel, when there are way more appealing options closer to home. They'd rather pass on guaranteed money in favor of playing a bunch of games that no one wants to see or cares about. And they'd rather play an independent schedule that's just as difficult week to week, if not more so.
It's just stupid on multiple levels.
Old 05-09-19, 04:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
What are you talking about? Canfields younger teams are pretty good coming up too.
The classes coming up aren't as good as the classes that predominantly accounted for most of Canfield's recent success. Canfield might be just good enough to win the NE8 hypothetically the next few years, they aren't awful but they are no where near good enough to be very competitive with Boardman, Fitch and Harding. Canfield is sort of in no man's land too big and too good for the NE8 and a bit too small and not good enough to be even moderately competitive for an all D-II schedule more or less.
Canfield fits best in a league like the Suburban League but even then would be the smallest or 2nd smallest school in the league.

Old 05-09-19, 05:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
If Canfield can play Boardman, Dover, and another D2 power every year... along with all the other tough games on the schedule... why can't they play Boardman, Fitch, Harding, etc every year? And play Poland, Howland, Louisville OOC?

Fitch of 16 years ago is hardly comparable to today. That may as well be 100 years ago. That's an entirely different era. And the way Simken described that game, you'd think Fitch won 50-7.
I'll say it again... Boardman is BIGGER than both Fitch and Harding, not the other way around... and they're trending downward.

A proposed league of Canfield, Boardman, Fitch, Harding, Mooney, Ursuline, East, and Chaney shouldn't be based on the past, or even the present. Look to the future...
Canfield would make money in that league, they'd be competitive, and they'd play a schedule almost entirely comprised of local schools. And not only would they compete, they'd dominate that league every year in several sports.
But Canfield wouldn't go 10-0 in football every year, so it's not a good fit. Like they're current situation is so much more ideal...

Even if Canfield Football does have rough times ahead, wouldn't it be better to join a local conference with a group of schools that are similar in size (majority smaller)?
Just so we're clear... Canfield would rather waste money on travel, when there are way more appealing options closer to home. They'd rather pass on guaranteed money in favor of playing a bunch of games that no one wants to see or cares about. And they'd rather play an independent schedule that's just as difficult week to week, if not more so.
It's just stupid on multiple levels.
In the Fitch game Canfield scored 4 or 5 Touchdowns in garbage time after Fitch had put in all the JVs. Canfield trailed by 5 touchdowns at one point.
Canfield legitimately had in excess of negative 150 rushing yards. They averaged almost negative 10 yards a carry. So you would say a team with like 5 or 6 Ints and negative 150 rushing yards didn't get steamrolled?

Canfield can manage playing one of Fitch, Harding or Boardman but all 3 in one season would overwhelm them, it would be too much.
Just wait for Canfield to have a loosing record this year. Of Highland, ND-CL, Dover, Boardman, and Louisville... probably 4 of those 5 are a loss for sure and you think they should add Fitch and Harding?

To be clear I don't think Canfield fits in the NE8 due to other area schools declining in enrollment but at the same time Canfield does not fit with Fitch, Harding and Boardman at least as of the moment due to a large disparity in demographics and enrollment, but if the gap closes further in both aspects then I would not be opposed to playing the schedule or teams you propose. Right now Canfield, Poland and a few other smaller communities are demographic outliers in the Youngstown area, but over time if the demographics more closely reflect other schools in the area like Harding and Fitch then Canfield would probably be very competitive in pretty much all sports. As it is Canfield is very good in some sports and not too good in others but with more balanced demographics, they would likely get a bit worse in some they were stronger in but get better in those they were weaker in to be more balanced in all sports and not be overly dominant in any for a more competitive league overall.

Old 05-09-19, 05:08 PM
Junior Varsity

reganaustinjames is on a distinguished road
Just for reference, I have records of every game for both Fitch and Canfield going back to 1977, and that Week 4 2003 48-40 Fitch win in Austintown is the only time the two schools have met in that span. (Of course, it's possible, even likely, that they met in the pre-playoff era)
Old 05-09-19, 05:25 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by reganaustinjames View Post
Just for reference, I have records of every game for both Fitch and Canfield going back to 1977, and that Week 4 2003 48-40 Fitch win in Austintown is the only time the two schools have met in that span. (Of course, it's possible, even likely, that they met in the pre-playoff era)
Fitch won 62-0 the time before that, a game in which Canfield had 0 first downs. Fitch won 63-18 the game before that. Fitch won 60-8 the game before that. Fitch won 38-20 the game before that. Fitch won 35-20 the year before that. In 1960 Fitch and Canfield played to a draw. In 1959 Canfield won the ICL (9-0) and it is actually their most recent win versus Fitch. In 1958 Canfield won 16-6. Canfield won 32-12 the year before. Fitch won 59-7 the game before. Fitch won 40-7 the game before that. Fitch won 39-0 the year before that. Fitch won the year before that, the score is not reported in the yearbook. Canfield won 21-7 the year before that. Fitch won 21-13 the year before that. Fitch won 39-6 the year before that and that is as far back as my records go.
Interestingly, I don't think Canfield has ever defeated Fitch when they had a winning record.
Old 05-09-19, 07:26 PM
All World

You just can’t concede the fact that Canfield will
Not play up and will
Only like to play down that’s obvious
Old 05-09-19, 07:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
You just canít concede the fact that Canfield will
Not play up and will
Only like to play down thatís obvious
Canfield would gladly join the Suburban League, a league in which every school has larger enrollment than Canfield at least the last time I checked but could have changed a bit as of the latest numbers. Canfield has no problem with playing up, they just have a problem with scheduling such that they have no chance of a winning more than 2 or 3 games before the season starts.