Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-25-19, 07:47 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Nobody cares about geography until diesel hits $4/gal and suddenly everyone cares about local rivals and short drives.
Also the reason a lot of schools cancel jv games Saturday morning
Old 04-26-19, 04:40 AM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
I agree!!!! I guess that is why I'm a little skeptical of this new alignment. How long before one of the Supers get irritated and wants out? I would be curious as to what the Supers are planning for this "co-league" arraignment going down the road.

I wonder what Crestview would think of this suggestion. Cusick was not very happy with those former TCL/ITCL league schools.
Only because he didn't get his way.
Old 04-26-19, 06:44 AM
All District

Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Any chance the MVAC saw what was going on in the EOAC and thought long term getting involved with another league to help with any future enrollment issues that may arise. Just like the EOAC, the MVAC has schools smaller in size that down the road could be an issue.
Old 04-26-19, 07:11 AM
Controller

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
So AAC dead in the water?
Old 04-26-19, 07:13 AM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
They are scheduled to play Southern this year so who knows.
Maybe it'll be for the OVAC title this time..another abomination of a league!
Old 04-26-19, 07:29 AM
Freshman

Beavers189 is on a distinguished road
The OVAC is all about Wrestling. The best tournament around for a conference. Leagues for other sports not important any more. People will show up for Friday night football if they have a decent team to watch. Most superintendents do not care about leagues or conference only us on Yappi, it is not a big deal as everyone involved play 10 football games and fans only show up if the team is good, so travel, Leagues, etc. not important in my opinion.
Old 04-26-19, 07:34 AM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
Maybe it'll be for the OVAC title this time..another abomination of a league!
Watch. The clock is ticking. Remember things sometime go full circle. Watch the players and keep your own score.
Old 04-26-19, 08:34 AM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
So AAC dead in the water?
Fitch, Warren Harding, Boardman, Canfield, and Howland I believe are all still members
Old 04-26-19, 10:15 AM
All World

http://www.tribtoday.com/sports/high...alphabet-soup/

Quote:
Mineral Ridge High School and the other seven current MVAC schools (McDonald, Sebring, Jackson-Milton, Lowellville, Springfield, Waterloo and Western Reserve) will remain in one division, while the seven AAC Blue schools (LaBrae, Newton Falls, Crestview, Champion, Brookfield, Campbell and Liberty) will compete in the other division.

They plan to stay that way for at least the first two seasons of this new 15-team MVAC with each division having a champion. Names for the divisions will come this summer. Crossover games will be voluntary and will not count as conference games. For football, that helps.
Also later on said the AAC schools wouldn’t be looking for an 8th member in the immediate future
Old 04-26-19, 10:22 AM
All Ohio

goshengophers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Fitch, Warren Harding, Boardman, Canfield, and Howland I believe are all still members
Any chance East and Chaney are in play?
I assume Mooney and Ursuline are not.
Old 04-26-19, 10:26 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshengophers View Post
Any chance East and Chaney are in play?
I assume Mooney and Ursuline are not.
Those 4 formed their own league.http://www.wfmj.com/story/39495286/s...-sports-league
Old 04-26-19, 10:29 AM
All Ohio

goshengophers is on a distinguished road
So there will be a 5 team league and a 4 team league - LOL - sounds about right for Youngstown!
Old 04-26-19, 10:37 AM
All District

Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Could set aside two games on schedule for sports other than football, for a conference semifinal championship game. Would be great atmosphere and probably a packed house for a late season matchup between two very good teams. Just like Labrae vs Springfield a year ago.
Old 04-26-19, 10:50 AM
All World

Quote:
So there will be a 5 team league and a 4 team league - LOL - sounds about right for Youngstown!
Well it said they were going to meet soon (the remaining AAC schools) to decide their future, which I wouldn’t be surprised if they just dissolved it
Old 04-26-19, 06:21 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
That Ytown conference is trying to add Canfield
Howland Boardman and Fitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-19, 06:21 PM
All Yappi

And Harding

Old 04-26-19, 07:40 PM
All World

No shot Canfield would join a league with schools bigger then them. Howland too for that matter.
Old 04-26-19, 11:25 PM
All Ohio

ts1227 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ts1227
Quote:

Yep, everyone wants to be in a league yet not play anyone competitive at the same time (at least the big schools). That's why the conferences constantly change anymore.

Remember the original holdup on the MAC/TAC merger was the big TAC schools that wanted to keep kicking the crap out of the small TAC schools and not play compeittive MAC ones. It's been a massive shuffling to avoid one another ever since.
Old 04-27-19, 01:00 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
No shot Canfield would join a league with schools bigger then them. Howland too for that matter.
Canfield doesn't mind playing Boardman and other mid-sized Division II schools, the problem is the borderline schools and the D I schools, which would be Harding and Fitch. Canfield would like to avoid automatic losses which is what the case would be if Fitch was on the schedule.
Consider Canfield vs Poland or Struthers would be a competitive game most years, whereas Canfield vs Fitch would be very one sided in Fitch's favor.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-19, 01:05 AM
All American

BTrev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
Canfield doesn't mind playing Boardman and other mid-sized Division II schools, the problem is the borderline schools and the D I schools, which would be Harding and Fitch. Canfield would like to avoid automatic losses which is what the case would be if Fitch was on the schedule.
Consider Canfield vs Poland or Struthers would be a competitive game most years, whereas Canfield vs Fitch would be very one sided in Fitch's favor.

This will blow your mind...
Fitch and Harding are both smaller than Boardman. Fitch's enrollment just dropped below Boardman this cycle. Harding has been lower than Boardman for a few years now. I doubt any of them get close to D1 anytime soon, if ever again.

Canfield would actually fit really well in a league with Boardman, Fitch, Harding, Mooney, Ursuline, East, Chaney.
That would be a great, competitive conference that could last decades.

What sports wouldn't Canfield compete in?

Canfield would never go for it, though. They have to be the big fish in a small pond.
Old 04-28-19, 01:09 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post

Fitch and Harding are both smaller than Boardman. Fitch's enrollment just dropped below Boardman this cycle. Harding has been lower than Boardman for a few years now. I doubt any of them get close to D1 anytime soon, if ever again.

Canfield would actually fit really well in a league with Boardman, Fitch, Harding, Mooney, Ursuline, East, Chaney.

Canfield would never go for it, though. They have to be the big fish in a small pond.
I doubt they would ever win that league in basketball or track and field. Other than those the main problem is they never would make the playoffs for football and that is all everyone seems to care about. It would be a fine league for everything but football though.

Old 04-28-19, 04:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Well it seems Canfield doesn’t have a choice. They will either have to be independent or else. Canfield won’t join this league because of Ursuline and Mooney. So they can have fun doing whatever they want for a few years.

Old 04-28-19, 06:22 PM
Freshman

Red-Lep is on a distinguished road
The remaining 5 AAC schools need to become the new Steel Valley Conference. Add Louisville and you have a 3 D2 and 3 D3 conference of equally competitive teams in all sports. All schools will need the revenue of conference gate money that their fans bring to keep their sport programs going during a time that the school population continues to shrink. Being independent does not bring your school the $$ it needs and kids need the recognition of being all conference in their sports.
Old 04-28-19, 07:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Well it seems Canfield doesn’t have a choice. They will either have to be independent or else. Canfield won’t join this league because of Ursuline and Mooney. So they can have fun doing whatever they want for a few years.

I know. And it's such a BS petty reason. Canfield is better than both Mooney and Ursuline in almost every sport. Boys and girls.
Think of all the money Canfield would be flushing away by refusing to join a league like that.
Old 04-28-19, 08:26 PM
All American

Quote:
I doubt they would ever win that league in basketball or track and field. Other than those the main problem is they never would make the playoffs for football and that is all everyone seems to care about. It would be a fine league for everything but football though.

Canfield might not win the league championship in basketball every year. But they could sure as hell hang with those bigger schools.

7-3 or 8-2 could be fairly realistic on the gridiron most years, depending on the OOC schedule... that wouldn't be good enough to put Canfield on the bubble in D3? I think it would...
And if Canfield has any classes coming up like they had a couple years ago, they could definitely win some football championships in that league.
Old 04-28-19, 08:38 PM
All American

Quote:

7-3 or 8-2 could be fairly realistic on the gridiron most years, depending on the OOC schedule... that wouldn't be good enough to put Canfield on the bubble in D3? I think it would...

And if Canfield has any classes coming up like they had a couple years ago, they could definitely win some football championships in that league.
I don't think they would ever win the league in basketball but that is not a big deal.
The problem is for football the OOC games would be Poland and teams like Dover, Louisville et al which means the easiest games they would have would be Poland and Howland and the majority of the games would be D-II.

Old 04-29-19, 01:36 AM
All World

I disagree I don’t see Ursuline, Mooney, east or Chaney ever having a big advantage, most years Canfield would be a favorite. I know for the last couple years that’s true, as well as Boardman. Fitch would be tough but not a blowout normally
Old 04-29-19, 02:26 AM
All American

Quote:
I don't think they would ever win the league in basketball but that is not a big deal.
The problem is for football the OOC games would be Poland and teams like Dover, Louisville et al which means the easiest games they would have would be Poland and Howland and the majority of the games would be D-II.

Fitch, Boardman, Harding would be D2.
Canfield would be D3.
Ursuline, East, Chaney would be D4.
And Mooney has a pretty good chance of dropping to D5... their enrollment is under 150 (D6 range), but CB could bump them up to D4. The lowest they'll be is D5.

As for OOC...
Poland is D4. Howland is D3. Louisville is D3. Alliance is D3.

Say Canfield plays the 7 league schools... Poland and Howland... and either Louisville or Alliance. They'd play 3 bigger schools. 5 smaller schools. And 2 same size schools.

So the majority of opponents would be smaller, not bigger.
Old 04-29-19, 04:51 AM
All World

The way they want it of course to play smaller schools instead of larger schools it makes too much sense not to do it. And be honest Mooney or Ursuline isn’t getting anyone to leave Canfield to play sports anymore it just doesn’t happen
Old 04-29-19, 08:25 AM
#BleedBlack&Gold

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Sounds like some schools need to let bygones be bygones and start some serious conversations between the AAC and the new Youngstown league. Even if it's temporary, it's a better conference than the current situation.