Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-03-19, 10:59 AM
All American

JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrian Leopards View Post
Coach wattley will bring in his Under front Cover 4 system he used at STVM. Had great defenses for the Irish
I can't wait to see what he does with the Bulldog Defense! It's always fun to watch McKinley teams shut down their opponents in style!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

OFFICIAL OHSAA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS:

Canton McKinley 27
Massillon Wash 0
Old 05-04-19, 04:20 AM
All Region

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Im predicting that this new coach will be one of the most successful coaches ever at Mckinley. I wish good things for the Bulldogs except for that 10th week.
Old 05-04-19, 06:16 AM
Freshman

CantonKid is on a distinguished road
How good are you guys going to be this year? Good luck this year Bulldogs.
Old 05-04-19, 06:43 AM
All Region

Massillon will be a solid team.we'll lose alot of linemen. there some good potential there.im looking for our two communities to be the cream of the crop. As it should be.
Old 05-07-19, 06:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup pounder View Post
Massillon will be a solid team.we'll lose alot of linemen. there some good potential there.im looking for our two communities to be the cream of the crop. As it should be.
Better add Perry to the mix. They expect big things this year. Hoover will be much improved as well with a top quarterback.

Old 05-15-19, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Baseball is over for the Bulldogs so lets get them boys in the weight room with the new staff.
Old 05-15-19, 10:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Baseball is over for the Bulldogs so lets get them boys in the weight room with the new staff.

A new day dawns in Bulldog Country! Get in!

Always keep the faith!

Old 05-15-19, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Dumb question. Did reardon take his son with him to Ursuline ? Saw he got a d 1 offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-19, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

MCGal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Yes Reardon's going to be at Ursuline.
Old 05-19-19, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

Hope we can get a June schedule from the new coach to see all the staff and kids for summer workouts.
Old 05-19-19, 09:36 AM
Freshman

RogueStarkGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Hope we can get a June schedule from the new coach to see all the staff and kids for summer workouts.
That would be great, but I wouldn't count on it. Communication with the public / supporters is not part of the culture in the athletic program. They don't care because no one holds them accountable. There isn't a strong booster club that interacts with the athletic administration, and the district administration is too busy trying justify their jobs. Honestly, the teachers are the only thing holding this place up, because central office and much of the building admin are hopelessly lost. So, if Coach Wattley DOES NOT provide any info for fans, it's not all his fault. He'll just succumb to the culture like everyone else, except Pam Davis, who does a great job of communicating, and (shocker) her program is the most well-run program at McKinley. I bet if she took a minute and looked up from her job and looked around at the rest of the athletic department, she'd seethe at the doofuses she is surrounded by.
Old 05-19-19, 01:06 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueStarkGuy View Post
That would be great, but I wouldn't count on it. Communication with the public / supporters is not part of the culture in the athletic program. They don't care because no one holds them accountable. There isn't a strong booster club that interacts with the athletic administration, and the district administration is too busy trying justify their jobs. Honestly, the teachers are the only thing holding this place up, because central office and much of the building admin are hopelessly lost. So, if Coach Wattley DOES NOT provide any info for fans, it's not all his fault. He'll just succumb to the culture like everyone else, except Pam Davis, who does a great job of communicating, and (shocker) her program is the most well-run program at McKinley. I bet if she took a minute and looked up from her job and looked around at the rest of the athletic department, she'd seethe at the doofuses she is surrounded by.

Coach Marcus Wattley only just arrived, and I don't think he needs to share everything, anyways. He's got to be especially busy this year. He doesn't succumb to anything.

Always keep the faith!

Without our Official OHSAA Big School State Football Championships, Stark County would have NONE.
Old 05-20-19, 08:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Ohiobuckeyfootball is on a distinguished road
What are the participation numbers like a McKinley?
Old 05-20-19, 08:51 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobuckeyfootball View Post
They should have around 2500 kids on the roster, Every kid Wattley coached or knows in Akron is transferring in to McKinley.
Old 05-20-19, 10:50 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobuckeyfootball View Post
104 that I know of. About 50 were not on the roster last year, but they were likely Freshman and JV and a few kids coming in. We have lots of size and speed, and at least 3-4 D1 players on the team, but maybe more, depending on who comes in. So we have speed, size depth, and talent to go with an outstanding coaching staff, 2 were U 0f Akron defensive coaches along with the great veteran Defensive Coordinator from Akron St.Vincent -St.Mary. Our Offensive Coordinator did a fine job last year, too. They look to be very strong for years to come.

Old 05-20-19, 11:01 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
They should have around 2500 kids on the roster, Every kid Wattley coached or knows in Akron is transferring in to McKinley.

:Big exaggeration from you Massilloons is normal fare. One has to consider the source. We haven't even gone open enrollment yet.

Old 05-20-19, 11:25 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
104 that I know of. About 50 were not on the roster last year, but they were likely Freshman and JV and a few kids coming in. We have lots of size and speed, and at least 3-4 D1 players on the team, but maybe more, depending on who comes in. So we have speed, size depth, and talent to go with an outstanding coaching staff, 2 were U 0f Akron defensive coaches along with the great veteran Defensive Coordinator from Akron St.Vincent -St.Mary. Our Offensive Coordinator did a fine job last year, too. They look to be very strong for years to come.

Wait a minute JJ, you criticized me for mentioning Maxpreps because they mistakenly had Dan Reardon the head coach. However, you posted the 104 players listed on the McKinley roster. I get it, that fit your narrative.

7-3
Old 05-22-19, 05:37 AM
All Region

Im a valid fan of stark county football including McKinley. Tell me how that's trolling? I always give the dawgs their due props.
Old 05-22-19, 05:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup pounder View Post
Im a valid fan of stark county football including McKinley. Tell me how that's trolling? I always give the dawgs their due props.
Thanks to you guy's we keep this thread alive,ole school gots your back...BAM!
Old 05-23-19, 02:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Wait a minute JJ, you criticized me for mentioning Maxpreps because they mistakenly had Dan Reardon the head coach. However, you posted the 104 players listed on the McKinley roster. I get it, that fit your narrative.

7-3
I went over the list and recognized many of the new 50 odd players, including the Akron East and GlenOak transfers. Enough of the info made sense enough to trust their number to be in the ballpark of maybe a couple off.

Old 05-23-19, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Careful JJ you know how badly your Fed brethren despise other school's transfers besides their own. I'm shocked "Abbott and Costello" haven't chimed in yet.
Old 05-23-19, 04:53 PM
All Region

Good on ya Mckinley. If they can attract surrounding players they must be doing somethings right. Lookout for the B dawgs. If wattley builds it they will come.
Dont worry Tiger Paw, the "Three Stooges show' will return after a message from our sponsor.

Last edited by pup pounder; 05-23-19 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-23-19, 11:32 PM
All American

To be honest, the Akron East transfer is here because his father is now a new Bulldog assistant coach from Akron U, and I don't think the Glenoak lineman was a starter for them. The kids from SVSM rumored to be here might be in that group, but I can't say for sure as i had no rosters to cross check. So in reality, one starter i know of, and that isn't an unusual number for a closed enrollment school district like our's.