Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-28-19, 11:50 AM
All American

JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post
JJBulldog

Seriously, with all kidding aside, I have a question. You really honestly don't think McKinley Football compared to Massillon even comes close in tradition, accomplishments, notoriety, influence on how other schools developed their programs and are to this day trying to develop their programs, basically anything at all do you? Seriously, all joking aside. You are just trying to have fun, correct?
Why does it matter at Glenoak? 27-0 in Official OHSAA State Championships says we are superior over Massillon in pretty much ALL sports, not just football. Quit embarrassing GlenOak.
Old 02-28-19, 11:59 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
First, he's got Glenoak on his bio but he is a Massillon fan. Second, really JJ we get it, really we do, we know senility has set in but do everyone a huge favor and just shut the health up, please, please stop your idiocy. I mean why do you do it, over and over and over. When this site was formed I'm sure the creator didn't say man I hope some old senile guy from some district comes on here and posts the same worthless dribble day after day after day after day...………….
Old 02-28-19, 12:08 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Why does it matter at Glenoak? 27-0 in Official OHSAA State Championships says we are superior over Massillon in pretty much ALL sports, not just football. Quit embarrassing GlenOak.

JJBulldog--Hopefully you will respond to the post I asked on the thread entitled, "How many championships does McKinley really have?"
Old 02-28-19, 12:11 PM
All Region

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Second, really JJ we get it, really we do, we know senility has set in but do everyone a huge favor and just shut the health up, please, please stop your idiocy. I mean why do you do it, over and over and over. When this site was formed I'm sure the creator didn't say man I hope some old senile guy from some district comes on here and posts the same worthless dribble day after day after day after day...………….
Great post bass!!!
Nice to see that even non-Massillon fans are getting tired of his shtick...
Very doubtful it will have the desired effect but spot on nonetheless...
Old 02-28-19, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
o-48 coming soon

The only thing coming soon is Massillon winning the 72nd game in America's Greatest High School Football Rivalry!
Old 02-28-19, 12:51 PM
Moderated User

letsgetitdone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
First, he's got Glenoak on his bio but he is a Massillon fan. Second, really JJ we get it, really we do, we know senility has set in but do everyone a huge favor and just shut the health up, please, please stop your idiocy. I mean why do you do it, over and over and over. When this site was formed I'm sure the creator didn't say man I hope some old senile guy from some district comes on here and posts the same worthless dribble day after day after day after day...………….
In 1979 GlenOak football was a joke. Here came a man who brought in the Massillon mentality and not only transformed GlenOak but Bob Commings made the Federal League what it is today whether you like the league or not. The federal league was a joke before then as well. Commings forced Perry to hire Wakefield and the rest is history. GlenOak was never a McKinley and especially never a Massillon but when Bob Commings arrived I promiss you you never out hit GlenOak. You may have beaten them but you never out hit them. That toughness was lost when Fred Thomas arrived and destroyed the program but started to come back with Rose and Garcia brought the toughness back in full force. Every team in Stark County has modeled themselves after Massillon, even the McKinley Bulldogs and always will. I knew Bob Commings personally and spent many hours with him. I have been at conventions with him and sat and drank with Bob, Bo Schembechler, Mack Brown, Nick Saban, Earl Bruce, Paul Brown, the list goes on and on and guess what all those legends wanted to talk about. The time Bob and Paul spent at Massillon and what it was like. Never once did anybody go on about McKinley. so JJBulldog, you are seriously stupid if you think McKinley holds a candle to Massillon. I could give a how many championships who has. the only reason Chuck Kyle ever wanted to play Massillon is he knew St Iggy would not have the respect they do if they didn't prove they could beat them
Go fly a kite.
Old 02-28-19, 01:07 PM
All American

BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by owencountykentucky View Post
Terrence Rankl #68?
Are you sure his last name isnt Moore now?
Old 02-28-19, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post

Maybe you should call Coach Moore and ask him that question?
Old 02-28-19, 01:34 PM
All District

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
Massillon 2019

Since the year 2000, massillon is 16-7 against McKinley..... dominance.

Keep talking pup, it makes the winning more fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TigerTailgater12; 02-28-19 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-28-19, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post
I intimated the same thing in an earlier post that has since been deleted. He was in the Moore family Christmas photo as one of their kids. Another adoption?
Old 02-28-19, 02:25 PM
All American

TIGER27
I learned literally nothing from reading this. Go Tigers!
Old 02-28-19, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I intimated the same thing in an earlier post that has since been deleted. He was in the Moore family Christmas photo as one of their kids. Another adoption?

Why do you care? Why don't you create another thread and discuss the high school football program you support that has won only one playoff game in its history?
Old 02-28-19, 02:56 PM
Freshman

Football Guy89Q is on a distinguished road
Not sure who this is.

Not sure who you are but if you are going to hide behind a screen you might want to have a name that won't conflict my actual identity. This is Coach Shaheen and many people from tiger town have been asking me if this account is mine so change your name or fix this because I won't have that attached to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrian Leopards View Post
I expect another failed opportunity at an actual state championship. Not the paper ones
Old 02-28-19, 07:50 PM
All District

Does anyone in Stark County have a winning record against Massillon?

Just checking....

Old 02-28-19, 08:21 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTailgater12 View Post

Just checking....

Sandy Valley hasn't lost to them yet.
Old 02-28-19, 08:40 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Just checking....

You Sir have asked the question that is the root cause of all the Massillon hate displayed on here. Nice Work.
Old 02-28-19, 09:02 PM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
I am a Louisville fan, and I'm proud of our program. That shouldn't mean I can't appreciate excellence when I see it, Massillon is the gold standard of Stark County football. Someday if my Leps were to beat the Tigers it would be great because of the accomplishment, it would represent,it's how you measure yourself.
Old 03-01-19, 01:53 AM
All Region

MassillonMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Haven’t been on in a while and I see your creepy old self is still at it.
Old 03-01-19, 07:42 AM
All District

People will be pleasantly surprised by some of the younger talent that played on the JV team last year. Some of the WRs would have started on most varsity teams in Ohio. Lots of depth at RB. Have some big kids back on the OLine as well.

Also I don’t know why I feel this way, but I think the 2019 Tigers will have the “best” defense since Coach Moore has been here.

Old 03-01-19, 08:48 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
I know why you feel it TT12. It's because we had a great season and have gotten better each and every year, and have the best program and best coach in Stark County, and beyond. (All due respect to KW and others). LOVE the state of our program! And not just athletically.

I realize that is going to miff alot of people but oh well - it's great to be a Tiger!
Old 03-01-19, 09:26 AM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
People will be pleasantly surprised by some of the younger talent that played on the JV team last year. Some of the WRs would have started on most varsity teams in Ohio. Lots of depth at RB. Have some big kids back on the OLine as well.

Also I don’t know why I feel this way, but I think the 2019 Tigers will have the “best” defense since Coach Moore has been here.

Hey I hope your rt, but how do you think this could be the best D with loses Clark, Thomas, ect ect

Who do we have coming back on D that could replace them?
Old 03-01-19, 09:53 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtigers96 View Post
Hey I hope your rt, but how do you think this could be the best D with loses Clark, Thomas, ect ect

Who do we have coming back on D that could replace them?

Not sure, I think our interior (LBS, Dline) will be fine.... return some D lineman and a very good MLB in krichbaum.

I am a little concerned about replacing Turner and Broyles. Although Pedro looked good when he did play corner, big and very physical kid.

At safety we should be fine. Hodges will be another year more developed and Page looked good when he got playing time.

Old 03-01-19, 10:21 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Don't look at it as replacing Clark, Mack, Turner, Thomas, Williams. They were awesome.
Think of next man up - solid program players a year stronger with playoff experience. I can't speak to individuals but JV's were undefeated and most points given up was 14 to St. Ed (won 27-14). JV ball aint varsity but still a good sign hopefully. (Beat Iggy 7-6 too).
Old 03-01-19, 10:26 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Don't look at it as replacing Clark, Mack, Turner, Thomas, Williams. They were awesome.
Think of next man up - solid program players a year stronger with playoff experience. I can't speak to individuals but JV's were undefeated and most points given up was 14 to St. Ed (won 27-14). JV ball aint varsity but still a good sign hopefully. (Beat Iggy 7-6 too).

Agreed. The program is “working”....

Old 03-01-19, 05:23 PM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
I also like Luke Murphy, he played some OLB but I think he will take over for Clark. He’s a taller physical kid and a good tackler.
Old 03-01-19, 06:08 PM
All Region

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to hear all the news without distractions. Last years team was exceptional. From what I'm hearing coach Moore expects no drop off in performance. An interesting addition will be a kid who did not play last year. Hes huge at 6-4 280. Projected to play on D line. Everyone is correct, coach Moore is building an exceptional program.
Old 03-01-19, 07:08 PM
Moderated User

carl57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
wow. bet you are proud
Old 03-01-19, 07:35 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
I know why you feel it TT12. It's because we had a great season and have gotten better each and every year, and have the best program and best coach in Stark County, and beyond. (All due respect to KW and others). LOVE the state of our program! And not just athletically.

I realize that is going to miff alot of people but oh well - it's great to be a Tiger!
I will give you credit TP, yes KW is a great coach. Perry has some good lineman and i guess a few transfers are coming. Not going to comment on that. But, having missed the playoffs last year by a few points, i look for the Tigers and Panthers to meet in the playoffs.
Old 03-01-19, 07:37 PM
All American

MassillonTigers3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pup pounder View Post
Good to hear all the news without distractions. Last years team was exceptional. From what I'm hearing coach Moore expects no drop off in performance. An interesting addition will be a kid who did not play last year. Hes huge at 6-4 280. Projected to play on D line. Everyone is correct, coach Moore is building an exceptional program.
Who are you referring to?
Old 03-01-19, 07:49 PM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
If I remember correctly it was a very close first half.