Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-06-19, 10:58 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,225
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
Orrville fans, struthers has been looking for a game week 2 for awhile give your AD a call!
Terrific idea:

The schools aren't that far off in enrollment:


OHSAA ID: 1210
County: Wayne School Type: PUBLIC
OHSAA District: Northeast
OHSAA Tournament Name: ORRVILLE
HyTek Code: ORR
School Colors: RED / WHITE
Primary Athletic Conference:
Boys Enrollment: 199 (AA)
Boys Mascot: RED RIDERS Girls Enrollment: 169 (AA)
Girls Mascot: RED RIDERS


OHSAA ID: 1500
County: Mahoning School Type: PUBLIC
OHSAA District: Northeast
OHSAA Tournament Name: STRUTHERS
HyTek Code: STRU
School Colors: RED / BLACK
Primary Athletic Conference:
Boys Enrollment: 239 (AA)
Boys Mascot: WILDCATS Girls Enrollment: 227 (AA)
Girls Mascot: WILDCATS

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-06-19, 10:59 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,225
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
AD number/email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
Orrville fans, struthers has been looking for a game week 2 for awhile give your AD a call!

Phone: (330) 750-1062
Fax: (330) 755-4525
Athletic Director: Email:
Nancy Knight Nancy.Knight@StruthersCitySchools.org
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-07-19, 09:46 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 390
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
The first half of the first sentence is the only thing you're right on.

The second paragraph is laughable and the most incorrect statement I've seen you make. There has been 0 talk of expanding the WCAL. The only thing that could be considered "talk", was the thought of adding Triway, if Triway could get over themselves, to the WCAL. That was whispered when it was thought that Hillsdale could go under as a district or do away with sports. That hasn't happened and with the money from the pump station to come in sometime in the future, won't happen. You're truly, moronic.
When Manchester was looking to fill last year's open date, we were told that the teams in the WCAL wouldn't play because of Wright. True? Don't know. But, if that's the case, don't add anyone because they may have a stud in the future! Chippewa contract has not been renewed, so maybe it's true.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-07-19, 10:46 AM
RedRider1 RedRider1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-21-12
Posts: 153
RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Terrific idea:

The schools aren't that far off in enrollment:


OHSAA ID: 1210
County: Wayne School Type: PUBLIC
OHSAA District: Northeast
OHSAA Tournament Name: ORRVILLE
HyTek Code: ORR
School Colors: RED / WHITE
Primary Athletic Conference:
Boys Enrollment: 199 (AA)
Boys Mascot: RED RIDERS Girls Enrollment: 169 (AA)
Girls Mascot: RED RIDERS


OHSAA ID: 1500
County: Mahoning School Type: PUBLIC
OHSAA District: Northeast
OHSAA Tournament Name: STRUTHERS
HyTek Code: STRU
School Colors: RED / BLACK
Primary Athletic Conference:
Boys Enrollment: 239 (AA)
Boys Mascot: WILDCATS Girls Enrollment: 227 (AA)
Girls Mascot: WILDCATS

A rematch of the 1987 playoff game?? Who says no other than the admins.
http://www.redridersportsblog.com/20...offs-1987.html
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-07-19, 10:50 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,361
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
When Manchester was looking to fill last year's open date, we were told that the teams in the WCAL wouldn't play because of Wright. True? Don't know. But, if that's the case, don't add anyone because they may have a stud in the future! Chippewa contract has not been renewed, so maybe it's true.
Norwayne hasn't ever ducked anyone that I can think of. They would always schedule CVCA week 2 even when CVCA was really good. I believe they play Mogadore now week 2. I understand Norwayne and Orville have some history. What happened with the Manchester vs Black River game. That was usually a decent match up. Did Manchester not renew with South Range or was it the other way around. That was a nice early match up as well.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-08-19, 08:36 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 390
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
Norwayne hasn't ever ducked anyone that I can think of. They would always schedule CVCA week 2 even when CVCA was really good. I believe they play Mogadore now week 2. I understand Norwayne and Orville have some history. What happened with the Manchester vs Black River game. That was usually a decent match up. Did Manchester not renew with South Range or was it the other way around. That was a nice early match up as well.
123, not sure what the true story is on Black River and South Range. We can only speculate. Koach is very careful in his scheduling. Success is a necessity.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-08-19, 11:19 AM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,361
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
123, not sure what the true story is on Black River and South Range. We can only speculate. Koach is very careful in his scheduling. Success is a necessity.
YG, I've always been curious as to why New Franklin folks spell Coach with a K like you did Koach. If it's a community secret feel free to spill the beans.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-08-19, 11:50 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 390
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
YG, I've always been curious as to why New Franklin folks spell Coach with a K like you did Koach. If it's a community secret feel free to spill the beans.
123, as I understand the story, it has to do with the vanity license plates.
Wanted Coach, but it was taken. So settled for Koach. Ripley would say "believe it or not".
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-11-19, 07:18 AM
Stizostedion Stizostedion is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-04
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Posts: 2,274
Stizostedion
As always will happen in six months you all will be saying Stizostedion is right. He is always right. How is that? It just is so you need to accept it.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-11-19, 08:55 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 390
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
As always will happen in six months you all will be saying Stizostedion is right. He is always right. How is that? It just is so you need to accept it.
stizo, once again, I ask where you got this info. Once you post, it's common knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-12-19, 12:43 PM
Stizostedion Stizostedion is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-04
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Posts: 2,274
Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
stizo, once again, I ask where you got this info. Once you post, it's common knowledge.
I have told you all many times before that my source is very near the top of the league. Many times I say things and no one listens and then I am proven right and then everybody hates on it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-12-19, 01:53 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 390
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
I have told you all many times before that my source is very near the top of the league. Many times I say things and no one listens and then I am proven right and then everybody hates on it.
stizo, thanks. I don't recall hating on you. Just curious where you got the info.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-12-19, 02:33 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 525
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
stizo, thanks. I don't recall hating on you. Just curious where you got the info.
No that would be me because 90% of what he says is completely inaccurate and complete opinion. Donít let him fool you
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-12-19, 03:14 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 390
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
No that would be me because 90% of what he says is completely inaccurate and complete opinion. Donít let him fool you
stack, I've been around long enough where nothing surprises me. Manchester couldn't win the Suburban, so they left and formed the All-Ohio Conference, they won, but not enough so they formed the PAC. It would not surprise me if France's last year so would result in joining a new league. I look at it as no big deal and as a matter of finances.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-12-19, 08:19 PM
4th down 4th down is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-16-19
Posts: 2
4th down is on a distinguished road
Stitz must really know something special or have a great imagination. WCAL has not changed for over 40 years. The only change will be when someone decides to leave. 10 team league is laughable. Manchester and Loudonville would need to get in line to join the league with Triway, Tuslaw, and Orrville. I am not a hater to Stitz but looking at history, facts, and I know people who go to WCAL meetings. Bad rumor.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-12-19, 10:21 PM
thePITman thePITman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,627
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Most of what Stiz is saying is not false, but also not fact, either. They are valid discussions that are being had with a realistic chance of coming to fruition but nothing is set in stone. Some PAC-7 schools are considering other options, while some may find themselves independent if the most likely end-game scenarios don't change. This was the latest I heard as of December/January. I hope it doesn't end up happening, but things may have developed more seriously since then, so we will see.

As for the WCAL... unless a team leaves the WCAL, nobody from the PAC-7 is ever getting in. And if the WCAL ever has a vacancy and takes in a team, it'd be Triway and nobody else.

Last edited by thePITman; 03-12-19 at 10:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-12-19, 10:25 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 525
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
stack, I've been around long enough where nothing surprises me. Manchester couldn't win the Suburban, so they left and formed the All-Ohio Conference, they won, but not enough so they formed the PAC. It would not surprise me if France's last year so would result in joining a new league. I look at it as no big deal and as a matter of finances.
I know for a fact Manchester is looking, thatís obvious. Why? I have no idea. But Stiz claiming all these ďpeople are afraid of Northwest and OrrvilleĒ is total Bull. Everyone voted them in except Manchester was against NW because of France has issues with NW on a falsely recruiting incident that happened 20 years ago. 3 or 4 years ago I started a thread saying When will the PAC 7 let Orrville and NW in the league, look it up. What has happened is we now have a great league in place where 4-5 teams are competitive. Heck our league brought a state championship and Manchester beat them the first time around. This league is great look at the competition and the geographic fit. These are facts and anyone that disagrees is a complete fool, thatís my opinion but I do know the facts I listed are true.

My issue with Stiz is he rambles and claims this and that are true and spreads dumb rumors around just to get a rise out of people. When 90% of what he says is false. Read all of his posts and you be the judge
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-12-19, 10:31 PM
thePITman thePITman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,627
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
My issue with Stiz is he rambles and claims this and that are true and spreads dumb rumors around just to get a rise out of people. When 90% of what he says is false. Read all of his posts and you be the judge
Stiz's source hears lots of things from PAC-7 meetings. And when Stiz finds out about it, he always feels obligated to share the latest gossip regardless of how likely or unlikely it is to ever turn into anything. That's why he throws so much stuff against the wall, eventually something is bound to stick, and he'll never let you forget about that one time he was right. LoL!

But as for this general topic of discussion, there is some truth to the idea that a shake-up is possible. I was at a meeting open to the public a few months back and heard some very similar comments from a trustworthy person. Again, at the time they were just something to keep an eye on to see if they develop any further, but things may have developed since.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-13-19, 06:28 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,299
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Stitz - don't know you - probably live in different directions
Heard much of what you say just said differently - like the WCAL had a convo about if they had a member drop...what their members thought of expansion. Ripples of speculation go from there.
Everyone knows CVCA and Manchester looked and could look again - and it is not uncommon for schools to meet to talk possibilities - nothing happening yet
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-13-19, 11:32 AM
TopCat TopCat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-21-04
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 2,648
TopCat is on a distinguished road
I've heard talk of Manchester exploring the PTC option, but not the other claims made by Stiz. Knowing Stiz's source, I usually have to give it some consideration, but he also likes to press buttons. The problem is you never know when he's being serious and when he's trying to get a rise out of people. As for his WCAL claims, I did hear some WCAL rumblings a few years back from somebody from Doylestown. I don't know how accurate they were, but the time for what was being suggested has passed.

Even though I'm a Manchester alum and longtime fan, I don't have any good inside connections, so I'm not sure what the reason is that Manchester may be looking at the PTC. Personally, Id rather them stay in the PAC because I think it's a very good, very competitive league for schools its size. I've said this in the past, and I know there isn't a chance of it happening, but I'd even like to see Canton Central Catholic added to the league. Can you imagine what a powerhouse football conference it would be with that addition?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-18-19, 05:38 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 390
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I've heard talk of Manchester exploring the PTC option, but not the other claims made by Stiz. Knowing Stiz's source, I usually have to give it some consideration, but he also likes to press buttons. The problem is you never know when he's being serious and when he's trying to get a rise out of people. As for his WCAL claims, I did hear some WCAL rumblings a few years back from somebody from Doylestown. I don't know how accurate they were, but the time for what was being suggested has passed.

Even though I'm a Manchester alum and longtime fan, I don't have any good inside connections, so I'm not sure what the reason is that Manchester may be looking at the PTC. Personally, Id rather them stay in the PAC because I think it's a very good, very competitive league for schools its size. I've said this in the past, and I know there isn't a chance of it happening, but I'd even like to see Canton Central Catholic added to the league. Can you imagine what a powerhouse football conference it would be with that addition?
TC, I talked to 4 sources last week and it's not going to happen this year.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-22-19, 07:04 PM
Lost Octopus Lost Octopus is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-29-08
Posts: 152
Lost Octopus is on a distinguished road
After losing Ohio's fastest man and PAC POY Tucker, will CVCA be solid...what do they have coming back?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-22-19, 09:49 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,361
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Octopus View Post
After losing Ohio's fastest man and PAC POY Tucker, will CVCA be solid...what do they have coming back?
Losing a player like him is tough. Especially on offense. On defense the royals return 3/4 defensive lineman, 2/3 LB. Both corners are gone have 2 solid corners who played alot to replace them. 2 freshman played a lot last year and both will be back at safety.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-25-19, 07:56 AM
slideby20 slideby20 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-24-15
Posts: 35
slideby20 is on a distinguished road
Does CVCA have anyone coming in who can help immediately?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-25-19, 08:50 AM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,361
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideby20 View Post
Does CVCA have anyone coming in who can help immediately?
If you mean another Tre Tucker no. However they still have plenty of kids who can catch the ball and run. The QB is back as well
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-25-19, 11:37 AM
slideby20 slideby20 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-24-15
Posts: 35
slideby20 is on a distinguished road
How is their freshman class coming in?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-25-19, 07:03 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,361
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideby20 View Post
How is their freshman class coming in?
Not sure yet. If some of the kids who are coming for wrestling play football that would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-25-19, 07:28 PM
slideby20 slideby20 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-24-15
Posts: 35
slideby20 is on a distinguished road
I’ve heard they have some good wrestlers coming in.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-31-19, 08:20 PM
TopCat TopCat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-21-04
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 2,648
TopCat is on a distinguished road
I heard that Ethan Wright has caught the eye of a few more schools, and has added offers from Minnesota and Michigan State to the list.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-02-19, 10:26 AM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,361
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideby20 View Post
Iíve heard they have some good wrestlers coming in.
The one that was a state champ at 164 is a studd. He will play varsity as a freshman.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canton emerges as favorite to host 2019 state football finals Mackinbiner Football 27 01-31-19 09:55 PM
2019 USSSA Jackson Bowen - NIT/Global/State Qualifier $225 JacksonTravel Baseball 0 01-21-19 10:57 AM
2019 flyin to the hoop schedule AG321 Boys Basketball 4 12-03-18 04:44 PM
2019 - 17/18U Grizzlies Baseball Club - Looking for Catcher & Shortstop Dutch Baseball 1 09-03-18 05:10 PM
2019 teamfirst 16u TFB Baseball 0 06-25-18 04:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz