Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-15-19, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrian Leopards View Post
Massillon coaches can puff there chest out all they want, our freshman teams have beaten Massillon. We need keep playing Massillon. Alliance canít compete with LOUISVILLE on a year in basis even if ďLittle VicĒ is at the helm

Louisville's freshman team has beaten the Tigers once, that being in 2018. (18-14). That said, let's hope the series continues after 2019.
Old 02-15-19, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyRB View Post
Problem with this statement is that Massillons best players dont show up at their school until their Sophomore or Junior year.

Here we go‼️
Old 02-15-19, 09:50 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
I hope we do keep Massillon on the schedule. The same way we as Leopard fans thought that the other NBC schools were more playoff ready because they had to play Louisville also applies to us. If we make the playoffs we will be better prepared because we had a game against Massillon. Even if we lose to them. Now ideally we don’t get hammered by 40 points every year, but hopefully we start closing that gap. I’ve already seen some of the coaches talking about a goal of a 15 week season, which is great. But if we think we’re good enough to contend for a state title we should be good enough to play the Tigers.
Old 02-15-19, 10:46 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
I hope we do keep Massillon on the schedule. The same way we as Leopard fans thought that the other NBC schools were more playoff ready because they had to play Louisville also applies to us. If we make the playoffs we will be better prepared because we had a game against Massillon. Even if we lose to them. Now ideally we donít get hammered by 40 points every year, but hopefully we start closing that gap. Iíve already seen some of the coaches talking about a goal of a 15 week season, which is great. But if we think weíre good enough to contend for a state title we should be good enough to play the Tigers.
I think one aspect Leopard fans should get accustomed to real quick. A team led by Jeff Twiddy is one that the main goal is to win a state championship, regardless if that goal is realisitic or attainable, read enough from his interviews, and one can be lead to understand he isn't concerned about winning league championships or beating your rival. Also, love the talk, keep it coming, good to finally see some swagger in the air!
Old 02-15-19, 10:53 AM
Varsity

Syrian Leopards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Louisville's freshman team has beaten the Tigers once, that being in 2018. (18-14). That said, let's hope the series continues after 2019.
I agree I enjoy playing the Paper Tigers
Old 02-15-19, 12:59 PM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I think one aspect Leopard fans should get accustomed to real quick. A team led by Jeff Twiddy is one that the main goal is to win a state championship, regardless if that goal is realisitic or attainable, read enough from his interviews, and one can be lead to understand he isn't concerned about winning league championships or beating your rival. Also, love the talk, keep it coming, good to finally see some swagger in the air!
That's great that the coach talks like that and probably not too unrealistic at Louisville, at least in the long term.. I think the Leps may have gotten complacent in the NBC, maybe having 2 and maybe 3 good league games per year and got a little to relaxed knowing that they were gong to be 1 or 2 in the league. That may have set the program back a little. However, I look forward to seeing where the program is headed and I think the sky is the limit!! I personally would like to see Louisville and the old NBC still intact, but ultimately this will probably be the best move for the football program..
Old 02-15-19, 03:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree I enjoy playing the Paper Tigers

I'll tell you the same thing that I told my cousin who lives in Louisville, when he started talking smack, 41-0.
Old 02-15-19, 04:29 PM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll tell you the same thing that I told my cousin who lives in Louisville, when he started talking smack, 41-0.
That was against Demarco its whole new ball game with Conway Twiddy and the gang in town.
Old 02-15-19, 06:05 PM
All District

itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyRB View Post
Problem with this statement is that Massillons best players dont show up at their school until their Sophomore or Junior year.
...Or that it's FRESHMAN football.
Old 02-15-19, 06:44 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you take these same teams and give Louisville a somewhat competent dc and an offense adjusted to take advantage of our strengths, Massillon still wins but not in s blowout.
Old 02-15-19, 07:03 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
If you take these same teams and give Louisville a somewhat competent dc and an offense adjusted to take advantage of our strengths, Massillon still wins but not in s blowout.
Like I said whole new can of beans now that Twiddy and the gang have taken over. Bet they beat the Tigers by at least 2 scores this year. Just kidding that DC is not competent I've seen a team put up 611 rushing yards on him. Leps probably gonna get beat even worse this year. Trust me with that DC you won't be looking forward to watching those boys play some ball!!!
Old 02-15-19, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post

I respectfully disagree. The 2018 Tigers were excellent football players and had athletic skill. I don’t think Louisville’s coaching would have made any difference. Look for the same thing from the 2019 Massillon team.

Last edited by Maxie; 02-15-19 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-15-19, 08:18 PM
Varsity

Quote:
And I will tell you Iím glad my children attend a competent School District that isnít an industrial wasteland with 80ís alumni wearing mesh jerseyís puffing their chests out acting like they once played in a dynasty. Until Massillon actually wins a tournament they will forever be known as the Paper Tigers!
Old 02-15-19, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And I will tell you Iím glad my children attend a competent School District that isnít an industrial wasteland with 80ís alumni wearing mesh jerseyís puffing their chests out acting like they once played in a dynasty. Until Massillon actually wins a tournament they will forever be known as the Paper Tigers!

More smack. ďAn industrial wasteland,Ē are you serious? Why do you sound so bitter? Hopefully, you will be attending the game on October 25 and you will have a good time.
Old 02-15-19, 09:12 PM
All District

Quote:
You are crazy, the tigers will run all over the leopards and their DC. If lil Vick and his crew can put up 611 yards on that DC what will the Tigers do? Only bad thing I can say about Tigers is that Nate Moore looks like a very large and round creamsicle in that orange suit he wears. You just wait till these boys play ball and you'll see who the big cat in the fight truly is.
Old 02-16-19, 03:20 AM
Varsity

Quote:
More smack. ďAn industrial wasteland,Ē are you serious? Why do you sound so bitter? Hopefully, you will be attending the game on October 25 and you will have a good time.
Iím not bitter, Iím just speaking the truth. Massillon is the armpit of stark county. Itís definitely an ďIndustrial WastelandĒ. Massillon keeps getting smaller and smaller and more and more people are receiving welfare checks. Why is that? Cmon Maxie give me one good reason why itís not. At least other old industrial NE Ohio cities are trying to revive there image. Whatís Massillon done? Found a few more paper titles in the past few years?? Growing up it was at 22. Now itís 24? How the hell did that happen? Paul Brown must be rolling in his grave right now seeing what Massillon has become.

As for the game on October 25th. Me and you and anyone with a clue knows whatís going to happen. I just know Iíll wake up the next morning knowing I live in a safe neighborhood with no drug/crime problems and I donít have to worry about my car getting its tired slashed.
Old 02-16-19, 08:15 AM
All District

Quote:
Iím not bitter, Iím just speaking the truth. Massillon is the armpit of stark county. Itís definitely an ďIndustrial WastelandĒ. Massillon keeps getting smaller and smaller and more and more people are receiving welfare checks. Why is that? Cmon Maxie give me one good reason why itís not. At least other old industrial NE Ohio cities are trying to revive there image. Whatís Massillon done? Found a few more paper titles in the past few years?? Growing up it was at 22. Now itís 24? How the hell did that happen? Paul Brown must be rolling in his grave right now seeing what Massillon has become.

As for the game on October 25th. Me and you and anyone with a clue knows whatís going to happen. I just know Iíll wake up the next morning knowing I live in a safe neighborhood with no drug/crime problems and I donít have to worry about my car getting its tired slashed.
I think i speak for all folks of eastern stark county when I say this kinda talk ain't got no place on here. Lots of little towns that used to have mills and such are struggling that aint nobody's fault just the way the world is. Be patient Trump is gonna make America great again just give em some time. Until then I can't wait to watch some ball this fall!!!
Old 02-16-19, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

. This is a football forum. Why the hate? Your "comments" are really over the line and are inexcusable. "The armpit of Stark County," LOL! All communities are imperfect, including Louisville. Your comment about some people on welfare speaks volumes about you. Very sad. I'm done with you.
Old 02-16-19, 08:48 AM
All District

Quote:
. This is a football forum. Why the hate? Your "comments" are really over the line and are inexcusable. "The armpit of Stark County," LOL! All communities are imperfect, including Louisville. Your comment about some people on welfare speaks volumes about you. Very sad. I'm done with you.
Now there aint no reason for talk like that but the armpit thing is kinda true. I was at the Wally World over there once and there was a putrid smell in the air. Think that might be what the Syrian fella is talking about.
Old 02-16-19, 12:49 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Iím done with you too. Youíre an idiot and know everything I said was completely true. Youíre right this is a football forum and completely ducked from my comment about your coveted State Championships. 5 years from now 24 is going to become 26. Until Massillon wins it all in a tournament fashion they will forever be known as the paper tigers. ďMassillon City of ChampionsĒ LOL at least my establishment is known as the ďConstitution Town" because we actually did something historical in government history.
Old 02-16-19, 01:00 PM
All District

goblue02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

He is not from Louisville, just like marlboro man was not from marlington, and father of faircrest is not from South. One person or group of people from alliance creating names just to stir stuff up.
Old 02-16-19, 01:23 PM
Varsity

Iím actually from east canton but now live in Louisville. Nice Try.
Old 02-16-19, 01:27 PM
All District

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue02 View Post
He is not from Louisville, just like marlboro man was not from marlington, and father of faircrest is not from South. One person or group of people from alliance creating names just to stir stuff up.
Then letís do something about this. Report them. Itís embarassing for each community
Old 02-16-19, 01:53 PM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
Maxie, I apologize for some of these comments. I started this thread to talk about how the Leopards look for the coming season. I got involved with Yappi because I thought it might be fun to share thoughts with people who love high school football as much as I do. Name calling and smack talk by people hiding behind handles is cowardly and unacceptable. Poking fun is one thing. Demeaning an entire city is something else. Sorry. Hope to see you at PBTS in October.
Old 02-16-19, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalisimo View Post
Maxie, I apologize for some of these comments. I started this thread to talk about how the Leopards look for the coming season. I got involved with Yappi because I thought it might be fun to share thoughts with people who love high school football as much as I do. Name calling and smack talk by people hiding behind handles is cowardly and unacceptable. Poking fun is one thing. Demeaning an entire city is something else. Sorry. Hope to see you at PBTS in October.

Thank you for your kind comments.
Old 02-16-19, 02:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
Then letís do something about this. Report them. Itís embarassing for each community
TŰi chỉ hŗo hứng khi xem cŠc cậu bť chơi bůng
Old 02-16-19, 07:53 PM
Junior Varsity

Father of Faircrest3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue02 View Post

I donít understand why Iím getting roped into this Mr. Blue. I know youíre still still licking your wounds from marlboro man and now this egyptian garfield dude, but thatís no reason to take it out on me and MY CATS!!! 2019 EBC CHAMPS and a playoff appearance are coming this year!!!!! Just watch!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-19, 08:45 PM
All District

[QUOTE=Father of Faircrest3;7256068]I donít understand why Iím getting roped into this Mr. Blue. I know youíre still still licking your wounds from marlboro man and now this egyptian garfield dude, but thatís no reason to take it out on me and MY CATS!!! 2019 EBC CHAMPS and a playoff appearance are coming this year!!!!! Just watch!!!!
Seriously though Faircrest ain't never said nothing hurtful about nobody. He just wants to watch his Cats play ball!!!! Being supportive of your squad is the whole point of this whole thing isn't it?
Old 02-19-19, 09:34 AM
All District

bodiaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

While I will agree with you that Massillon is pretty much a non desired community to raise a family in, but a wasteland is pretty harsh. It's true, that folks are fleeing Massillon whenever they get the chance to upgrade their lot in life. Massillon is suffering from brain drain, the school system is horrendous in regards to educating children, and the ones that do become educated and prosperous tend to flee Massillon for the suburbs, thus you have a constant flow of the intelligent people out of Massillon. Where I digress from your views, is when you hint that Louisville is on or near the same level as Massillon in football. Louisville couldn't contend in the Federal League, whereas Massillon would be in contention almost every year. Massillon can thrive as an Independent because of their history and their ability to schedule the states top teams to come to Massillon (although the Tigers learned they sure are not at the level of Iggy, St. Eds, Moeller, etc). I cannot see Louisville thriving as an Independent program, they will struggle to become playoff eligible almost yearly. I realize you got a new coaching staff, but I personally know, a few of them, and they are knuckleheads, and I am sure former MCK Coach Cross would agree with me, so good luck with that.
Old 02-19-19, 09:47 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiaz View Post
While I will agree with you that Massillon is pretty much a non desired community to raise a family in, but a wasteland is pretty harsh. It's true, that folks are fleeing Massillon whenever they get the chance to upgrade their lot in life. Massillon is suffering from brain drain, the school system is horrendous in regards to educating children, and the ones that do become educated and prosperous tend to flee Massillon for the suburbs, thus you have a constant flow of the intelligent people out of Massillon. Where I digress from your views, is when you hint that Louisville is on or near the same level as Massillon in football. Louisville couldn't contend in the Federal League, whereas Massillon would be in contention almost every year. Massillon can thrive as an Independent because of their history and their ability to schedule the states top teams to come to Massillon (although the Tigers learned they sure are not at the level of Iggy, St. Eds, Moeller, etc). I cannot see Louisville thriving as an Independent program, they will struggle to become playoff eligible almost yearly. I realize you got a new coaching staff, but I personally know, a few of them, and they are knuckleheads, and I am sure former MCK Coach Cross would agree with me, so good luck with that.
I never once hinted Louisville is on the same level as Massillon. If Louisville and Massillon played each other 10 years straight Louisville would win 1-2 times. I just think that ONE time is coming soon because our kids have beaten them before.

How come they are Knuckleheads? The CaptainA guy claims our new DC is a clown. I need some answers