Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-02-19, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Brookville is going to stay in the SWBL no matter what
No offense, but you said the same thing about Milton a couple of months ago. Maybe you should back off on some of these claims.
Old 04-03-19, 04:31 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
At this point, and as of a couple of months ago, that was the popular opinion. As of right now this is the popular opinion.
Why are you so concerned with my posts? You’ve posted, some rather, errant posts. You can disagree and that’s fine but realize things change. I would like to know what school district you have ties to.
Old 04-03-19, 06:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
At this point, and as of a couple of months ago, that was the popular opinion. As of right now this is the popular opinion.
Why are you so concerned with my posts? You’ve posted, some rather, errant posts. You can disagree and that’s fine but realize things change. I would like to know what school district you have ties to.
Just saying you might want to back off these strong claims that a school will or will not do something. Because, as you say, things change. Also, it looks like TC will be competing in the conference for wrestling too per this article.

https://www.tdn-net.com/sports/60513...new-conference
Old 04-03-19, 06:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Just saying you might want to back off these strong claims that a school will or will not do something. Because, as you say, things change. Also, it looks like TC will be competing in the conference for wrestling too per this article.

https://www.tdn-net.com/sports/60513...new-conference
My cousin is the head wrestling coach at TC. He stated he didn't want to join a league in wrestling. I didn't say 100% That they wouldn't. Again, you might want to focus on something else and give up on critiquing every post I make. It's getting kinda creepy.
Old 04-08-19, 08:17 AM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
MVL North
Troy
Piqua
Sidney
Greenville
Tipp
Butler

MVL South
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Stebbins
Bellbrook
Franklin

5 league games, 2 crossovers, 3 ooc

SWBL
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood
Waynesville
Carlisle
Madison
Brookville

7 league games, 3 ooc

I would love to see bellbrook make that move and end up in mvl, I think that would be a decent little conference on both sides and deffinetky a step up in strength of conference for a growing school like bellbrook . Only thing I would like to see is a yearly opener with valley view to keep the rivalry alive . I also think that would be a solid league in the swbl with the remaining teams .
Old 04-10-19, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

What does 2019 look like in the SWBL?
Madison lost a bunch from what I hear, Carlisle has a new coach, Waynesville was better last year, Milton returns some talent and Shawnee, Northridge and Dixie are the same from what I hear.
I think the title is Milton's to lose. Madison has a great program now as does Waynesville. MU takes on Miami East, Oakwood and Northwestern this year as OOC.
What are some OOC schedules for the SWBL?
I think Milton has a chance to finish 9-1 or 8-2 this year. Valley View will be a tough game as will Weeks 1-3, Waynesville, Madison and Carlisle.
Old 04-10-19, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
It will be an interesting year in the Buckeye.
Madison is tough to call. They might have a great junior class, and nobody knows because their seniors were so amazing.
Most of the best players on the Buckeye side are graduating:
Carmichael and Whiteman at QB (as well as MU,NR, and Car QB)
RB's Svarda, Crim, Grove and Twon all graduate. (Hobbs and Fillmore return for PS & WV)
A couple of WR's return, but for teams who's QB graduated so those are hard to predict.
Madison graduates around 1100lbs of defensive linemen.

Preble and Waynesville return 4 kids each who were 1st or 2nd team all-conference. Milton 3 and Madison 2. If that's worth anything.
Old 04-10-19, 04:43 PM
All District

dogsdogsdogs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What does 2019 look like in the SWBL?
Madison lost a bunch from what I hear, Carlisle has a new coach, Waynesville was better last year, Milton returns some talent and Shawnee, Northridge and Dixie are the same from what I hear.
I think the title is Milton's to lose. Madison has a great program now as does Waynesville. MU takes on Miami East, Oakwood and Northwestern this year as OOC.
What are some OOC schedules for the SWBL?
I think Milton has a chance to finish 9-1 or 8-2 this year. Valley View will be a tough game as will Weeks 1-3, Waynesville, Madison and Carlisle.
I could not disagree more. It will be a down year for Milton unless the league is just that bad. They have a lot of 8th graders coming in next year that have had plenty of success but that will not help them this year. The future is bright but numbers are key.
Old 04-11-19, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsdogsdogs View Post
I could not disagree more. It will be a down year for Milton unless the league is just that bad. They have a lot of 8th graders coming in next year that have had plenty of success but that will not help them this year. The future is bright but numbers are key.
I guess I'll allow that. LOL. I was told that MU had a nice group coming back this year. I guess that is wrong info. When does MU turn the corner? Oh, I thought last year was a down year for Milton....

Then East, Oakwood, Northwestern, Madison, Valley View, Waynesville are all losses? Give up some info Dogs....
Old 04-12-19, 03:42 PM
Freshman

dixietony is on a distinguished road
Long time lurker, first post.

Since there are so many rumors, I took the initiative and emailed Mr. Creamer, Dixie's athletic director. A direct quote:
"There will be an official update, on the status of Dixie's league status, coming out in two weeks in our District Newsletter. Thank you." Seeming to me that if nothing was happening, i.e. staying in the SWBL, there would be no need for an update. I could be guessing.
Old 04-14-19, 04:55 PM
All Yappi

Its very well known that Dixie is leaving. I think it's a good move for the Hounds. Creamer is a good AD and will make the move that's best for the schools.
Dixie has been a member since 74, so this will be a change for them.
Old 04-18-19, 11:54 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Southwestern Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsdogsdogs View Post
How do you think it stacks up on the S/W side of the league?
Old 04-19-19, 12:11 PM
All Yappi

3x dogs typically has good posts.
Old 04-20-19, 09:43 AM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
3x dogs typically has good posts.
Things wonít change on the sw side of league , youíll seemore of the same from what youve seen the past 3 years , top 3 teams will be bellbrook, valley view and franklin. Bellbrook lost some experience to graduation but the Cupboards are full in bellbrook land right now , hard to believe but Iím telling everyone now the best is yet to come u set coach Jenkins , they bring back majority of the defense that was very stellar and reload on offense with Westbrook at qb now , very fast and great arm , will be a junior , and Ethan fryman also heading that class at rb abd linebacker , kids been getting pt since his freshman year , the junior class , sophomore class and incoming freshman are loaded. The schedule is favoring bellbrook to, I know itís eaeky but they get valley view at home and brookville , id circle that game in Franklin week 5 or 7 whichever it is for the swbl championship , not ruling out valley view , thatís just my way to early prediction

Valley view returns good amount and will be hungry after a down season
Franklin will be itching to get back to post season after a off year
Bellbrook looks to continue regular season success coming off a 10-0 season and back to back 7-3 seasons prior to that (coach Jenkins 24-6 in 3 years )

Brookville is a great program with great coach that will look to make a statement that belong in the conversation but the past 3 seasons they have went a combined 0-9 against the big 3 in the league with majority of those being big blowouts , so are they ready to compete or are they stuck in the 4 spot being way better then the bottom 3 teams but not close to the top 3 ?

Should be interesting

Vv 7-3
Franklin 8-2
Bellbrook 9-1
Brookville 6-4

Not even going to attempt the bottom 3 they have been bad for awhile now hope they get better for league
Old 04-22-19, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

So does the SWBL add two more schools or stay 10 teams? Dayton Christ and Edgewood would make great additions. As would Clinton Massie or Talawanda
Old 04-22-19, 03:25 PM
Varsity

aztecjim is on a distinguished road
BlessEmAll-adding anyone means going back to the two division setup which I dislike very much. BUT with the remaining 10 schools you have a size issue. What I wish would be bring back the M-ML with Franklin, Bellbrook, Edgewood, Talawanda, Monroe, etc. leaving the remaining seven schools to add C-M, maybe Blanchester, maybe East Clinton.

As for DC. I know this is bizarre but I would not be surprised if DC makes its way into the GCL when P-M and Bacon come back in full time. Maybe even Summit too.
Old 04-22-19, 05:04 PM
All Yappi

Interesting.
Old 04-22-19, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

I think there is a better chance DC makes its way to the new league with Covington, Milton, TC, Lehman, etc. before they end up in the GCL. Or the SWBL as BlessEmAll says.

I can see Summit possibly going to the GCL.
Old 04-23-19, 07:35 AM
All Region

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
I have a hard time seeing DC going to the GCL. Only because I'm not familiar with this, can you enlighten me on the comment about P-M and Bacon joining back to the league full time? I didn't realize they had left partially.
Old 04-23-19, 11:05 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I have a hard time seeing DC going to the GCL. Only because I'm not familiar with this, can you enlighten me on the comment about P-M and Bacon joining back to the league full time? I didn't realize they had left partially.
Bacon and PM have joined the MVC as football only members. DC was in the MVC as a football only member but did not want to play the two GCL schools, so they left. Bacon and PM want to join the MVC as full members but it appears the other member schools are hesitant to let them in, which could bring them back to the GCL.
Old 04-23-19, 11:14 AM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My cousin is the head wrestling coach at TC. He stated he didn't want to join a league in wrestling. I didn't say 100% That they wouldn't. Again, you might want to focus on something else and give up on critiquing every post I make. It's getting kinda creepy.
Jeff Jordan at Graham didnít want to wrestle the CBC meet years ago. That request fell on deaf ears with his school administration. If he canít pull it off, I doubt anyone can. I also think itís a really bad idea. Strength of programs , especially wrestling, can change quickly. Member schools shouldnít pick and choose what benefits them league wise.
Old 04-23-19, 11:31 AM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
Jeff Jordan at Graham didn’t want to wrestle the CBC meet years ago. That request fell on deaf ears with his school administration. If he can’t pull it off, I doubt anyone can. I also think it’s a really bad idea. Strength of programs , especially wrestling, can change quickly. Member schools shouldn’t pick and choose what benefits them league wise.
As a TC fan, I was excited for those boys to hang conference championship banners if that comes to pass!! I think it also may increase attendance with the league rivals? I do not know much about wrestling, except to avoid those guys in a fight. But, I would do whatever the TC wrestling coach wants, that program is elite.
Old 04-23-19, 08:28 PM
All Yappi

Agreed Yak. Oh and BlessEmAll didn't say that DC was going to the SWBL. I stated they might be a good fit. That's it.
Old 05-01-19, 05:57 PM
Freshman

Bread-N-butter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Eaton is bad at at almost everything. Why wouldn't they want join Preble Shawnee in a new conference
As BlessEm said things are cyclical, but I'd also add that Eaton won titles in CC (back to back titles i believe) and Wrestling(wrestling has won 9 of the last 10 years) as well as baseball and softball titles in the last few years. Size wise they do not make sense for the new league and will stick to the SWBL as long as they can
Old 05-02-19, 06:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread-N-butter View Post
As BlessEm said things are cyclical, but I'd also add that Eaton won titles in CC (back to back titles i believe) and Wrestling(wrestling has won 9 of the last 10 years) as well as baseball and softball titles in the last few years. Size wise they do not make sense for the new league and will stick to the SWBL as long as they can
I agree with you. Eaton will stick to the SWBL for as long as the conference sticks around. They would not be a fit at all in the new conference forming with the other Preble County Schools. The only sports they are bad at right now is football and basketball, and I know that's what most people know and care about.
Old 05-02-19, 11:39 AM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I agree with you. Eaton will stick to the SWBL for as long as the conference sticks around. They would not be a fit at all in the new conference forming with the other Preble County Schools. The only sports they are bad at right now is football and basketball, and I know that's what most people know and care about.
Eaton should be a power. Not sure why not.
Old 05-02-19, 01:56 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Eaton should be a power. Not sure why not.
I am not sure why they are not better at those sports. They have been down at basketball for a while, but for football they have only been down for the last 4-5 years. I know their long time coach Ron Neanen retired, maybe that has something to do with it. Either he was that good of a coach, or maybe he saw what kind of talent they had coming in. Eaton is a pretty good size school, looking at enrollment numbers they have roughly 291 boys in the high school, and yet they only had 36 on their football roster. Seems like the participation is down some.
Old 05-03-19, 05:47 AM
Freshman

bewildered is on a distinguished road
Look again!!!!

EATON ONLY HAS 218 BOYS IN HIGH SCHOOL
Old 05-03-19, 06:33 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
that's 3 grades
Old 05-03-19, 06:46 AM
All Region

Yeah, as dograt stated. 218 boys in grades 9-11. I just used that number to figure up a number for all 4 grades. It might not be 100% accurate, but it will be pretty close.