Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-28-19, 09:38 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Dixie and Preble both gone to the CCC, probably 2021
Milton and Northridge both gone to the yet-unnamed league, 2021.
Old 03-28-19, 10:30 AM
All Region

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Dixie and Preble both gone to the CCC, probably 2021
Milton and Northridge both gone to the yet-unnamed league, 2021.
Correction to this post. Dixie and Preble Shawnee will be joining a league that is made up mostly of current CCC schools. It will be a new league with a name to be decided on later. It will not be called the CCC.

The CCC will remain in place with the schools staying... Miami East, Covington, Bethel and maybe Fort Loramie (football only). They are potentially starting this new league we discussed in this thread prior. Whether they keep the CCC name or change, that will be determined later. I'd guess they change it.

These new leagues will likely go into affect starting the fall of 2021.

Below is an article on Preble Shawnee, I haven't seen anything official on Dixie, but it's pretty much a done deal.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...JE3w4jdkUUPrM/
Old 03-28-19, 10:57 AM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
they are going to the CCC teams that left
Old 03-28-19, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

I look for the "leaving" schools to reclaim the CCC name after the bigger schools drop that name.
Old 03-28-19, 11:57 AM
All Region

Quote:
I look for the "leaving" schools to reclaim the CCC name after the bigger schools drop that name.
I don't think so. I believe they will have a new conference name.
Old 03-28-19, 05:14 PM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
not sure you can. I am sure that the other schools coming in would want that anyway. Bylaws, records....all that stuff would be an issue
Old 03-28-19, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
It's a good move for Milton. Joining in 2000 was a good move and now this is a good move. Times and places change.
The SWBL has been a good home for many decades and l we've seen many great teams and players.
Covington, East, Bethel, Ft Loramie will be great competition. Outstanding.
Old 03-28-19, 07:32 PM
All Yappi

Milton made it official. They are out of the SWBL.
Old 03-28-19, 08:50 PM
All District

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Milton made it official. They are out of the SWBL.
I thought they would never leave?
Old 03-28-19, 09:59 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
I thought they would never leave?
Lol. Never, ever leave. Period.

You beat me to it.
Old 03-29-19, 05:32 AM
All Yappi

NEW ATHLETIC CONFERENCE
BRAD RITCHEY
THURSDAY, MARCH 28, 2019
The Milton-Union Schools Board of Education acted on a resolution yesterday evening to join a new athletic conference along with seven other area districts. Milton-Union has informed Southwestern Buckeye League (SWBL) leadership of its future plans. We expect to compete in this new league beginning with the 2021-22 interscholastic athletic season.

Milton-Union is grateful for the many partnerships and friendly rivalries built with other SWBL schools. We are thankful to SWBL leadership and all member schools for the many collaborative relationships developed over the past several years.

We look forward to new opportunities and establishing geographical rivalries with our new associate schools.
Old 03-31-19, 09:48 AM
All District

Sledgehammer is on a distinguished road
Maybe it's time for Carlisle and Madison to ask to be included with Preble Shawnee into the new league.
Old 03-31-19, 10:53 AM
All District

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Brookville and Eaton are in a bad way as they will now have nobody to beat up on year after year
Old 04-01-19, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

TCN is joining the CCC outcasts that can't compete so they run. Covington, Miami East Bethel and now Milton will all enjoy short travel and great rivalries inside their own county. Meanwhile, TCN will be driving to Miss Valley and Ansonia.
Eaton will be fine again and TCN only wishes it had the history Brookville has. Why didn't mighty TCN stay with East and Covington? Really? TCN in its best year is still behind Covington, East, Milton, and Brookville.
Old 04-01-19, 10:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
Maybe it's time for Carlisle and Madison to ask to be included with Preble Shawnee into the new league.
I wish that could work, but it would never happen. The travel from Madison/Carlisle to Miss Valley/Ansonia would be pretty bad. If they could somehow split into divisions in the new conference it might work.
Old 04-01-19, 11:26 AM
Junior Varsity

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
I just heard from a reliable source that MU and Northridge are not leaving the SWBL and that Miami East and Bethel will be now joining the SWBL too.
Old 04-01-19, 11:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
I just heard from a reliable source that MU and Northridge are not leaving the SWBL and that Miami East and Bethel will be now joining the SWBL too.
April fools joke?
Old 04-01-19, 12:02 PM
Junior Varsity

I heard it from an SWBL long standing board member, her name is April First.
Old 04-01-19, 12:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
I heard it from an SWBL long standing board member, her name is April First.
That's funny.. I was actually starting to type up a response and thought "wait a minute", lol.
Old 04-01-19, 06:49 PM
All Yappi

Good one.
Madison and Carlisle will be fine in the SWBL.
Maybe the SWBL invites West Carrollton and Stebbins ? That would mean two divisions.
6 teams each...or... Clinton Massie and Greeneview
I highly doubt the SWBL will expand from here very soon. Seems like they are ok with 10
Old 04-02-19, 07:30 AM
Junior Varsity

I might be a little old school and I know it is difficult for competitive balance, but I do like smaller leagues where you play every school every year. I know it may not be the best for all and it does work to have bigger leagues with multiple sides, but for me, it feels more like a league with outright league titles. I would be fine to keep it at 10 schools.
Old 04-02-19, 08:08 AM
All Ohio

I agree. Bigger conferences are nice for growing communities though. When Monroe was admitted into the SWBL they were close to the smallest, now they are 2nd or 3rd biggest. Without the flexibility to move them from the Buckeye to the SW (2010), it might not have worked. In the last dozen years Monroe, Milton, Brookville, Preble have switched sides. It will be interesting to see if the 10 remaining works. The 3 that were in the Buckeye are significantly smaller than the 2 biggest (Car 175, WV 200, Mad 201 - Frank 333, BB 336). Add in Brookville's 170, and you have 2 schools pretty much double the enrollment of the smallest 2.
Old 04-02-19, 08:48 AM
All Region

Quote:
I agree. Bigger conferences are nice for growing communities though. When Monroe was admitted into the SWBL they were close to the smallest, now they are 2nd or 3rd biggest. Without the flexibility to move them from the Buckeye to the SW (2010), it might not have worked. In the last dozen years Monroe, Milton, Brookville, Preble have switched sides. It will be interesting to see if the 10 remaining works. The 3 that were in the Buckeye are significantly smaller than the 2 biggest (Car 175, WV 200, Mad 201 - Frank 333, BB 336). Add in Brookville's 170, and you have 2 schools pretty much double the enrollment of the smallest 2.
That's the same type of thing that has been going on in the CCC. With no big/small school split, everybody plays everybody. If you look at the newest enrollment numbers and how a school like Bethel is growing.. they are now 3 times the size of atleast one school in the CCC, and more than double the size of 5-6 other schools.
Old 04-02-19, 09:24 AM
All Ohio

Always thought the CCC could use a big school/small school split. Guess they kinda got that, except Arcanum wanted to pretend they're small.
Old 04-02-19, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

Arcanum is small. I'm seeing this new conference expanding in the future and I think that Riverside will eventually move on.
Dograt, have you heard anything about Ft Loramie? What are the chances that Arcanum eventually joins this league? Tri County North?

Would love to see this league morph into this....
Milton-Union
Miami East
Northridge
Covington
Bethel
Ft Loramie
Brookville
Arcanum

Nothing against Troy Christian, Lehman or Riverside. I just see that eventually they will get tired of the Covington's and the Miami East's beating them. MU is so inconsistent that you can't really add them in there. Northridge will be formidable in Track and Basketball. I can' see why Ft Loramie wouldn't want to get in on this league. Is the SCL that great? I know in basketball they are. But no soccer or football, no wrestling. Just curious for a Loramie fan to comment.

Last edited by BlessEmAll; 04-02-19 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-02-19, 10:49 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Arcanum is small. I'm seeing this new conference expanding in the future and I think that Riverside will eventually move on.
Dograt, have you heard anything about Ft Loramie? What are the chances that Arcanum eventually joins this league? Tri County North?

Would love to see this league morph into this....
Milton-Union
Miami East
Northridge
Covington
Bethel
Ft Loramie
Brookville
Arcanum

Nothing against Troy Christian, Lehman or Riverside. I just see that eventually they will get tired of the Covington's and the Miami East's beating them. MU is so inconsistent that you can't really add them in there. Northridge will be formidable in Track and Basketball. I can' see why Ft Loramie wouldn't want to get in on this league. Is the SCL that great? I know in basketball they are. But no soccer or football, no wrestling. Just curious for a Loramie fan to comment.
Fort Loramie not Recovery. Lehman I can see closing within 15-20 years maybe sooner if their enrollment stays where it is. Brookville would be a great addition to that league. I'll see how Riverside does before I make any judgement.

As for Fort Loramie, if there was room for them to join the MAC, they'd be in ONLY if they would join as a full member.
Old 04-02-19, 10:52 AM
All Yappi

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Fort Loramie not Recovery. Lehman I can see closing within 15-20 years maybe sooner if their enrollment stays where it is. Brookville would be a great addition to that league. I'll see how Riverside does before I make any judgement.

As for Fort Loramie, if there was room for them to join the MAC, they'd be in ONLY if they would join as a full member.
Oops
Old 04-02-19, 10:54 AM
All Ohio

Arcanum is not small in the world of the CCC. They were a driving force to get rid of Miami East and Bethel. They are 6 boys smaller than Bethel and twice the enrollment of Bradford! They are the largest remaining CCC school (new invite Preble is bigger though).

I love your league above. But:
-Arcanum already showed their colors. No chance they'll do it
-Brookville should do this, but won't leave the SWBL unless it explodes
-All I know about FL is that they didn't want to leave the Shelby Co. League for this one.
Old 04-02-19, 10:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Arcanum is not small in the world of the CCC. They were a driving force to get rid of Miami East and Bethel. They are 6 boys smaller than Bethel and twice the enrollment of Bradford! They are the largest remaining CCC school (new invite Preble is bigger though).

I love your league above. But:
-Arcanum already showed their colors. No chance they'll do it
-Brookville should do this, but won't leave the SWBL unless it explodes
-All I know about FL is that they didn't want to leave the Shelby Co. League for this one.
Recovery was a mistake. I meant Loramie. Brookville is going to stay in the SWBL no matter what. They were invited to leave with MU and Tipp back in 1980 and they said no.
I don't get Arcanum. Are they the Tipp City of the CCC?
Old 04-02-19, 10:17 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Nothing against Troy Christian, Lehman or Riverside. I just see that eventually they will get tired of the Covington's and the Miami East's beating them
I don't know much about Riverside but I think TC and Lehman will be competitive enough in football and definitely in other sports that they will stay in the league. Remember TC is coming from no league at all in football and Lehman is coming from one based out of Lima area. And the last time TC played Covington they lost by 1 point and they beat Miami east pretty handily. Lehman has split with East the past couple of seasons. I think at least these two schools will be fine.