Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-30-19, 12:15 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Southwestern Buckeye League Future

Looks like there's a possibility that a few schools will be leaving the SWBL for a yet to be named conference with Covington, Miami East, Bethel and Ft Loramie and the CCC members that are leaving.
What are thoughts about this and who are some schools that would replace them. There's also a possibility that Shawnee and Dixie leave to the 10 CCC schools that are splitting away.
That could mean the SWBL goes back to 10 or they add 4 new schools. Could this be the end of the SWBL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BlessEmAll; 01-31-19 at 11:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-19, 12:57 PM
Junior Varsity

GeorgetownTiger is on a distinguished road
Reading what you have written my question is about Eaton and Brookville. Geographically if Milton, Northridge, Dixie, and Preble Shawnee all leave the SWBL the two schools are left in no man's land. What is going on in their minds?
Old 01-30-19, 01:30 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Might be a little early here. Alot of what-ifs, but I guess it's fun to speculate.

If what you proposed were to happen, the big question is do Waynesville, Carlisle, and Madison want to be in the league with the big boys. I think either those 3 leave or Bellbrook and Franklin do.

I could honestly see another CCC scenario. Waynesville, Madison, and Carlisle want to leave (and maybe Northridge if the dont go north), and maybe Brookville, Eaton, VV, and Oakwood want to go with them instead of staying. Effectively kicking out Bellbrook, Franklin and Monroe.

Much has to happen before they get to this point though. Dixie to the CCC will be the first sign if anything is going to happen. Then Preble and Milton will be up to bat.
Old 01-30-19, 01:48 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
I think if Monroe, Franklin, and Bellbrook get left out I see them hitching up with Edgewood, Talawanda, and Ross and a few other schools. I can't see Bellbrook doing that though. A league looking like this could be totally possible.

Monroe
Franklin
Edgewood
Talawanda
Ross
West Carrolton
Bellbrook
Valley View
Eaton

Carlisle could be an option if their enrollment goes up, New school and I have seen some plans for more construction of houses in that school district as well. Not likely, but could be an option if Bellbrook decides to stay up north, which I would expect them to do before having to travel to Ross and Talawanda on the regular. If Fenwick and Badin get left in the cold then I would have no problem being in the same league as them but I understand that would get voted down more than likely.

I could see Bellbrook hitching up with Oakwood, Clinton Massie, WCH, Greenview, and Wilmington and forming a league. Times are changing for sure.
Old 01-30-19, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

Yeah this is all speculation at this point Dograt.
Old 01-30-19, 04:05 PM
Off_Tackle08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
I think if Monroe, Franklin, and Bellbrook get left out I see them hitching up with Edgewood, Talawanda, and Ross and a few other schools. I can't see Bellbrook doing that though. A league looking like this could be totally possible.

Monroe
Franklin
Edgewood
Talawanda
Ross
West Carrolton
Bellbrook
Valley View
Eaton

Carlisle could be an option if their enrollment goes up, New school and I have seen some plans for more construction of houses in that school district as well. Not likely, but could be an option if Bellbrook decides to stay up north, which I would expect them to do before having to travel to Ross and Talawanda on the regular. If Fenwick and Badin get left in the cold then I would have no problem being in the same league as them but I understand that would get voted down more than likely.

I could see Bellbrook hitching up with Oakwood, Clinton Massie, WCH, Greenview, and Wilmington and forming a league. Times are changing for sure.
Greenview would certainly not want in that- they have no business being in a league with Wilmington (D1/D2 in most sports) and I cant see Massie and Wilmington agreeing to be in a league with WCH/Trace due to the way the SCOL dissolved. I would think/hope theyíre both happy in the SBC. That league is 1-2 bigger schools away from being one of the best for mid sized schools in SW Ohio. Little Miami made sense but they wanted the ECC. Teams like Ross, Talawanda and Monroe would fit but distance wise- they wonít.
Old 01-30-19, 10:17 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Eaton is bad at at almost everything. Why wouldn't they want join Preble Shawnee in a new conference
Old 01-31-19, 07:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Eaton is bad at at almost everything. Why wouldn't they want join Preble Shawnee in a new conference

They might but doubtful. Eaton used to be tough in everything up until about 5 years ago. It's cyclical. They much larger than Shawnee as well.

Old 01-31-19, 10:38 AM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
I'm really surprised with how this all started in the CCC. The 10 schools in the CCC that started this without Fort Loramie, Miami East, Bethel, and Covington's handled it really poorly. Essentially attempting to leave the league behind the other four school's back but then asking to keep the "CCC" name. From what I've been told, Dixie and Preble Shawnee will be looking to join the VERY FOOTBALL WEAK, new CCC Conference with those 10 schools. That domino then leaves FL, ME, Covington, and Bethel to attempt to join or put together a new league. I've been told this could affect other SWBL schools such as MU and Northridge. Don't be surprised to see a third domino to fall with schools such as Carlisle, Waynesville, and possibly Monroe.

To me, schools are attempting to do what's best. The way they handle that change though, can be very poor. I turn 40 years old next month. Covington has been a part of the CCC my entire life. In that same time frame, schools like Preble Shawnee and Dixie have always been a part of the SWBL.
Old 01-31-19, 10:41 AM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
Take in Carroll and CJ, problem solved for big schools.
Old 01-31-19, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
I'm really surprised with how this all started in the CCC. The 10 schools in the CCC that started this without Fort Loramie, Miami East, Bethel, and Covington's handled it really poorly. Essentially attempting to leave the league behind the other four school's back but then asking to keep the "CCC" name. From what I've been told, Dixie and Preble Shawnee will be looking to join the VERY FOOTBALL WEAK, new CCC Conference with those 10 schools. That domino then leaves FL, ME, Covington, and Bethel to attempt to join or put together a new league. I've been told this could affect other SWBL schools such as MU and Northridge. Don't be surprised to see a third domino to fall with schools such as Carlisle, Waynesville, and possibly Monroe.

To me, schools are attempting to do what's best. The way they handle that change though, can be very poor. I turn 40 years old next month. Covington has been a part of the CCC my entire life. In that same time frame, schools like Preble Shawnee and Dixie have always been a part of the SWBL.

Covington was in the SRC from 1982 to 1992. Then in the CCC.
Shawnee left the CCC and joined the SWBL. Dixie joined in 1975. Before your time. Lol.

The Southwestern Buckeye League was first started in 1944 with Vandalia Butler, Tipp City, Versailles and Milton Union as the Charter Members. In 1947, West Carrollton and Eaton were added to the League. The SWBL was again expanded in 1950-51 to include Trotwood Madison and Wilmington, but Versailles withdrew. During the 1951-52 school year, the League consisted of Butler, Eaton, Milton Union, Tippecanoe, Trotwood Madison and West Carrollton, while the sports included Football, Boys Basketball, Wrestling, Boys Tennis and Boys Track.
In 1953, Randolph (Northmont) and Oakwood entered the SWBL, making it an eight team League that lasted until 1958 when Brookville and Northridge were voted-in as members. At the close of the 1971-72 school year, Eaton dropped-out and Greenville replaced them for the next year. The next change took place at the beginning of the 1975-76 school year when Bellbrook, Carlisle, Dixie and Valley View replaced Butler, Northmont, Trotwood Madison and West Carrollton. Greenville resigned from the SWBL at the close of the 1981-82 school year and was replace by Eaton. At the close of the 1980-81 school year, Milton Union and Tippecanoe announced their withdrawal from the League after the 1981-82 school year. Middletown Madison joined the SWBL in the 1981-82 and Preble Shawnee joined in 1982-83. Both schools began competition in 1984-85.
Milton Union and Waynesville joined the SWBL in 2001-2002. Also, in 2001-2002, the SWBL became two divisions with Bellbrook, Eaton, Milton Union, Oakwood, Preble Shawnee and Valley View being the Southwestern Division. Brookville Carlisle, Dixie, Madison, Northridge and Waynesville are in the Buckeye Division Franklin and Monroe joined the SWBL in 2004-2005. Both schools began competition in 2006-2007.
Milton Union and Monroe switched divisions in 2009 (?).

Old 01-31-19, 04:00 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Yes, barely before my time or when I was very little. I feel old either way! 😂
Old 02-03-19, 08:16 AM
All Yappi

Bump

Old 02-03-19, 11:15 AM
All Region

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Bump

I think that in this next week we will get some more concrete information in regards to what changes will take place. Itíll start with the CCC changes and go from there. I still expect atleast 3-4 changes for the SWBL afterwards.
Old 02-03-19, 10:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I think that in this next week we will get some more concrete information in regards to what changes will take place. Itíll start with the CCC changes and go from there. I still expect atleast 3-4 changes for the SWBL afterwards.

Started with the GWOC, OHC, and then CBC. Face of Dayton football will change

Old 02-04-19, 06:54 AM
Varsity

formercardinal is on a distinguished road
With this new alignment, I think Waynesville, Madison and Carlisle will be hurting in most sports. I know Madison is coming off a great run in football but I'm not sure they can compete year in and year out with Valley View, Franklin and Bellbrook. I'm not sure what sports Carlisle would even be competitive in right now with those schools. Waynesville's girls basketball program is in good shape but outside of that I think they would struggle as well.
Old 02-04-19, 07:02 AM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercardinal View Post
With this new alignment, I think Waynesville, Madison and Carlisle will be hurting in most sports. I know Madison is coming off a great run in football but I'm not sure they can compete year in and year out with Valley View, Franklin and Bellbrook. I'm not sure what sports Carlisle would even be competitive in right now with those schools. Waynesville's girls basketball program is in good shape but outside of that I think they would struggle as well.
I donít know how valley view is included with 2 D3. Us and Carlisle then in the late 80ís Madison have always been competitive with each other aside from the run we had in the 90 in Football all other sports are back and forth. Baseball has seen some down years where as the Madison carlisle and waynesville has shined. Get rid of the schools like franklin that never belonged in a smaller division anyway go back to the 10 teams of the 80-90. Carlisle talent wise has just bottomed out.
Old 02-04-19, 07:09 AM
All Region

VV
Madison
BrookV
Carlisle
Waynesville
Oakwood
Bellbrook
Eaton
Northridge?
Dixie?- or 2 non conference games.
Old 02-04-19, 08:03 AM
All Ohio

Spartan
Dixie won't be around. They will probably be the first school to officially leave and start a chain reaction.

I'm going to guess that Northridge also leaves, Leaving the SWBL with 10 teams (very nice number), but 2 of the them are Bellbrook and Franklin, huge difference between them and The smaller schools left in.
So...10 teams with a big difference or 8 closer to the same size. Seems easy, but that would require the league kicking out Bellbrook and Franklin, which they will be reluctant to do. And if they do then this whole mess isn't done because that will have even more riprle effects across Dayton leagues! Where will they go?!?
Old 02-04-19, 08:17 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Spartan
Dixie won't be around. They will probably be the first school to officially leave and start a chain reaction.

I'm going to guess that Northridge also leaves, Leaving the SWBL with 10 teams (very nice number), but 2 of the them are Bellbrook and Franklin, huge difference between them and The smaller schools left in.
So...10 teams with a big difference or 8 closer to the same size. Seems easy, but that would require the league kicking out Bellbrook and Franklin, which they will be reluctant to do. And if they do then this whole mess isn't done because that will have even more riprle effects across Dayton leagues! Where will they go?!?
Yep, Dixie is gone. Add Shawnee, Milton Union and Northridge possibly leaving as well. I agree with you though, with the 10 schools left and I think something could work there with the consolidation of the 2 divisions. As you mentioned though, I'm not sure how well that will work for the bigger schools.

I personally think it makes sense for Bellbrook to join the new branch of the GWOC that left to form their own division. I think it could also be possible for Franklin and even Monroe teaming up with some of the schools in the Southwest Ohio Conference like Edgewood, Talawanda and Ross.

Regardless I think the SWBL schools that remain could have enough schools left to fill an 8-10 team conference if they stick together.
Old 02-04-19, 08:45 AM
All Ohio

MVL North
Troy
Piqua
Sidney
Greenville
Tipp
Butler

MVL South
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Stebbins
Bellbrook
Franklin

5 league games, 2 crossovers, 3 ooc

SWBL
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood
Waynesville
Carlisle
Madison
Brookville

7 league games, 3 ooc
Old 02-04-19, 09:16 AM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
This would be crazy and have a lot of moving pieces, but it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. The whole CCC breaking thing is the biggest factor in this, so...

Preble Shawnee and Dixie go to the CCC

Franklin, Monroe, Bellbrook( a stretch)- Try and get into the SWOC

The remaining schools invite Bethel, East, and Covington to make a 12 team league; make it big and small divisions like they have now or North and South.

The odd man out of Ft. Loramie, but them being a football only member isn't helping their case.

OR Franklin, Monroe, and Bellbrook stay in the SWBL, and they still invite the 4 CCC schools and restructure into 8 team divisions. If they do that, it'd have to be a North/South split
Old 02-04-19, 09:50 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigK72 View Post
This would be crazy and have a lot of moving pieces, but it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. The whole CCC breaking thing is the biggest factor in this, so...

Preble Shawnee and Dixie go to the CCC

Franklin, Monroe, Bellbrook( a stretch)- Try and get into the SWOC

The remaining schools invite Bethel, East, and Covington to make a 12 team league; make it big and small divisions like they have now or North and South.

The odd man out of Ft. Loramie, but them being a football only member isn't helping their case.

OR Franklin, Monroe, and Bellbrook stay in the SWBL, and they still invite the 4 CCC schools and restructure into 8 team divisions. If they do that, it'd have to be a North/South split
I don't think it's likely to add the remaining CCC schools. It's more likely the other league forms with Covington, Bethel, Miami East, Fort Loramie (football only), Sidney Lehman, Troy Christian, Milton Union, Northridge and Riverside. It is sounding like that is a serious option now.
Old 02-04-19, 09:53 AM
All Region

Quote:
Spartan

I forgot Shawnee and MU but MU distance has always been the big factor with them.
Old 02-04-19, 09:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
MVL North
Troy
Piqua
Sidney
Greenville
Tipp
Butler

MVL South
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Stebbins
Bellbrook
Franklin

SWBL
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood
Waynesville
Carlisle
Madison
Brookville

7 league games, 3 ooc
Looks good where do I sign
Old 02-04-19, 10:56 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Quote:
MVL North
Troy
Piqua
Sidney
Greenville
Tipp
Butler

MVL South
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Stebbins
Bellbrook
Franklin

SWBL
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood
Waynesville
Carlisle
Madison
Brookville

7 league games, 3 ooc
Please no... And I don't see Monroe and Franklin splitting up. They will go through this together as they came to the SWBL together. Similar sized schools and communities. Franklin would join up with the Edgewood, Ross, and Talawanda I'd hope before joining a league with Fairborn, Stebbins and West Carrollton.
Old 02-04-19, 10:59 AM
All Region

StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
MVL North
Troy
Piqua
Sidney
Greenville
Tipp
Butler

MVL South
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Stebbins
Bellbrook
Franklin

SWBL
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood
Waynesville
Carlisle
Madison
Brookville

7 league games, 3 ooc
Like BucksFan said...

CCC
Miami East
Covington
Bethel
Fort Loramie (FB Only)
Sidney Lehman
Troy Christian
Milton Union
Riverside
Northridge

8 league games, 2 ooc
Old 02-04-19, 11:22 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan119 View Post
I forgot Shawnee and MU but MU distance has always been the big factor with them.
Shawnee will be joining the CCC schools that are leaving and MU will be joining the CCC remaining schools. These teams will not likely remain in the SWBL.
Old 02-04-19, 11:38 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by StSebastian View Post
Like BucksFan said...

CCC
Miami East
Covington
Bethel
Fort Loramie (FB Only)
Sidney Lehman
Troy Christian
Milton Union
Riverside
Northridge

8 league games, 2 ooc
Can't do 9 league schools! Odd number means one school is trying to find an ooc game every week! week 7,8,9,10 non-league games suck to find!

Need to take Riverside out of that league and have 8!
Old 02-04-19, 01:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Can't do 9 league schools! Odd number means one school is trying to find an ooc game every week! week 7,8,9,10 non-league games suck to find!

Need to take Riverside out of that league and have 8!

Agreed. Where does Riverside get into this discussion? They are in no man's land. Ft Loramie is the odd man out where this league is concerned. I love the fact of them belonging to a league with Milton. Football only isn't a problem if you get a school like Newton or FM to stay and be basketball and all other sports only. Not sure why Newton is leaving. Doesn't make sense.

Milton Union
Bethel
Covington
Ft Loramie
Miami East
Northridge (I would have never guessed this one)
Lehman
Northwestern in place of TC. Not a fan of Troy Christian in that league. Although my cousin is the head wrestling coach, I dont think it's a good match. Lehman is a stretch. Both are for-profit schools that actually draw talent from some of these school districts like Milton, Bethel, Covington... Northwestern has great facilities and might bite at this chance. TC will dominate in wrestling.
Like I said, get Newton to stay with us, since Milton and Covington are in it, to replace FL in all other sports.