Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-16-19, 01:28 PM
All District

HE74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Niles still years away no talent, but Hubbard and Canfield is tough for anyone
Eagles have 7 or 8 starters back on defense and 4 or 5 on offense.
Four very good linemen returning. Best, Bednarick, Goodrick are all state caliber linemen.

Skill positions return Harris RB, Donlow WR and 4 year starter at DB, Thomas WR

Lose all state and district defensive player of the year Lukas Mosora (LB, TE, RB) all state QB Davion Daniels, all state DB J Odem.

Mosora can not be replaced. Junior year he led the entire state of Ohio in tackles (200+)

Eagles have not had a losing season in this century. Should be capable of winning 7 or more games in 2019.
Old 02-16-19, 02:17 PM
All Ohio

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
I hope the EBC comes down to week 10 again this year. Marlington and Alliance always play a good hard fought game. The young men know each other and respect each other. Its always a clean game which is a rare thing these days. Both are quality programs that get very little love in Stark County. Its come down to if your not a fed or Massillon team your treated as a red headed stepchild. Looking forward to this season and hopefully a meaningful week 10.
Old 02-16-19, 02:27 PM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
I hope the EBC comes down to week 10 again this year. Marlington and Alliance always play a good hard fought game. The young men know each other and respect each other. Its always a clean game which is a rare thing these days. Both are quality programs that get very little love in Stark County. Its come down to if your not a fed or Massillon team your treated as a red headed stepchild. Looking forward to this season and hopefully a meaningful week 10.
Couldn't agree more. Can't wait to watch my two local teams play some ball!!!
Old 02-16-19, 07:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Father of Faircrest3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
I agree. Hopefully the rest of the EBC steps it up to get our conference some respect!!

I believe my wildcats are the dark horses of the ebc this year. I think this could be our year. Weíre young, but I think coach g reed has his system in and our guys are buying in!! Watch out!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-19, 02:34 PM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father of Faircrest3 View Post
I believe my wildcats are the dark horses of the ebc this year. I think this could be our year. Weíre young, but I think coach g reed has his system in and our guys are buying in!! Watch out!!!!

That would be nice to see. The Aviators already bought in and catching them will be a tall task but the better all of the teams the more excited the league will be.. Hopefully Coach Reed will build a nice program there.
Old 02-17-19, 04:17 PM
Junior Varsity

Father of Faircrest3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That would be nice to see. The Aviators already bought in and catching them will be a tall task but the better all of the teams the more excited the league will be.. Hopefully Coach Reed will build a nice program there.

My Wildcats were close to preventing the aviators take off last year. Neither team scored in the first quarter and was only a one score game about half way into the second. We just got gassed!! Beef up our front 7 this year and progress our o line and I think we got something!!! Keep buying into g reed boys. Heíll lead us to the promise land. Playoffs here we come!!!

Old 02-18-19, 03:00 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HE74 View Post
Eagles have 7 or 8 starters back on defense and 4 or 5 on offense.
Four very good linemen returning. Best, Bednarick, Goodrick are all state caliber linemen.

Skill positions return Harris RB, Donlow WR and 4 year starter at DB, Thomas WR

Lose all state and district defensive player of the year Lukas Mosora (LB, TE, RB) all state QB Davion Daniels, all state DB J Odem.

Mosora can not be replaced. Junior year he led the entire state of Ohio in tackles (200+)

Eagles have not had a losing season in this century. Should be capable of winning 7 or more games in 2019.
Donlow was told his antics will no longer be tolerated and decided to flip to East. The eagles will be better because of it. Similar situation to what happened with Tarver who's now at Farrell. A ton of talent in Hubbards current sophomore class should have a opportunity to make a big impact this year. Playing behind a veteran line helps.
Old 02-18-19, 03:17 PM
All District

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Donlow was told his antics will no longer be tolerated and decided to flip to East. The eagles will be better because of it. Similar situation to what happened with Tarver who's now at Farrell. A ton of talent in Hubbards current sophomore class should have a opportunity to make a big impact this year. Playing behind a veteran line helps.
Thatís a shame, both kids could flat out fly!
Old 02-18-19, 03:27 PM
Varsity

Syrian Leopards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Were those kids originally from Farrell PA and Youngstown?
Old 02-20-19, 12:56 PM
All American

roberto21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrian Leopards View Post
I believe Tarver was from Brookfield and Donlow was Y-town.
Old 02-20-19, 03:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto21 View Post
I believe Tarver was from Brookfield and Donlow was Y-town.
Should be better than last year. That aint saying much though. Aviators got the brakes beat off of them. I know I'm getting a little antsy to go over to mount union and watch some ball!!!!
Old 02-20-19, 09:13 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrian Leopards View Post
Donlow was from Youngstown slated to go to Ursuline like his brother before deciding Hubbard was the better option. Tarver has flipped between Brookfield and Hubbard for years before finally deciding on Hubbard. Discipline and commitment needs to be preached loud in 2019 by the coaching staff. Not saying it wasn't in 2018 but the 2 late season losses of Tarver and Morales almost certainly hurt the defense. Those losses were for disciplinary reasons. Donlow left on his own will. Tarver wasn't given a choice. Donlow could be one of the best ball players in the area but unfortunately lacks dedication and motivation to achieve that status. He should of exploded last season with all the surrounding talent but unfortunately took plays off and seemed out of touch with the game time and time again. Tarver is the bigger loss as he was all over the field making plays but unfortunately couldn't stay out of trouble off the field. Harris should be the bell cow and is phenomenal athlete. Thomas is another name with speed to burn who should get a lot of action next season behind a veteran line. I'm told the current sophomore group is very talented and should also produce a nice mix of playmakers. Overall I agree 7-3, 8-2 is pretty realistic.
Old 02-21-19, 08:26 AM
Varsity

Peycash12 is on a distinguished road
Heard whiting could possibly land mck job ,if not ,badre or whattley .
Old 02-21-19, 04:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peycash12 View Post
Heard whiting could possibly land mck job ,if not ,badre or whattley .
He's got the Aviators flying at an all time high. I hope this is just a bunch of bologna from those slickers over in Canton. I'm not sure anybody could replace lil vick. His style of play sure gets me excited to watch my boys play some ball!!! The delay of games don't get me very excited though.
Old 02-21-19, 05:05 PM
Varsity

No swine this way , secretly , didn’t want to piss the A off .. ask JR he usually keeps it 100 .ask coach if he interviewed ,not applied , see if he keep it real with the A.

Last edited by Peycash12; 02-21-19 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-21-19, 05:20 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peycash12 View Post
No swine this way , secretly applied , didnít want to piss the A off .. ask JR he usually keeps it 100 .
JR who? That fella off the Dallas show ain't got nothing to do with this.
Old 02-21-19, 05:27 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
JR who? That fella off the Dallas show ain't got nothing to do with this.
Rinaldi , Leader of the interview crew , if whiting interviewed , so what be honest, why hide it from the program . I bet if kids wanted to transfer secretly , heíd want the family to be honest .
Old 02-21-19, 09:27 PM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
I don't have any inside information , but it seems a little late to see Whiting's name pop up for the McK job. Don't you think?
Old 02-26-19, 07:45 PM
All District

Any staff losses, additions, or shakeups?
Old 02-26-19, 09:45 PM
All District

Quote:
Any staff losses, additions, or shakeups?
Well it looks like Whiting isnít leaving
Old 02-26-19, 10:12 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
Well it looks like Whiting isn’t leaving
Lil Vic will continue is reign of terror over the EBC. Can't wait to watch the Aviators run the ball!!!!
Old 02-27-19, 07:58 AM
Junior Varsity

third down is on a distinguished road
is next year the year lil vic takes the next step and gets a post season W?
Old 02-27-19, 08:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by third down View Post
is next year the year lil vic takes the next step and gets a post season W?
Boys were close this year lost a heartbreaker. Hopefully he does get a playoff W. Question though when was the last time the Aviators had back to back playoff teams and 3 straight non losing seasons?
Old 02-27-19, 09:07 AM
Varsity

Syrian Leopards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Boys were close this year lost a heartbreaker. Hopefully he does get a playoff W. Question though when was the last time the Aviators had back to back playoff teams and 3 straight non losing seasons?
Game sure was heartbreaker
Old 02-27-19, 09:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
There is a slim chance that the Aviators will be D2 (very slim) depending on where the 2019 enrollment cut is and how many competitive balance enrollees they have. If they are D2 I don't see any playoff wins, but D3 I like their chances. Whiting will be a hot commodity if he puts together another good year. He has done a wonderful job at Alliance and I really respect the job he has done.

Keep in mind, according to the last enrollment numbers released last week, that Alliance has 97 more boys than the next closest team in the EBC (Alliance 363 and Marlington 266). They have 138 more than Carrollton (363-225), that's basically Carrollton plus a big D6 school.. If Minerva and Malvern would combine schools they would still be smaller than Alliance. . They also have 23 more boys than Louisville. So if the EBC administrators are following the same logic then did a few years ago- will Alliance be out soon?

I hope not and still wish Louisville was in, but Alliance really should be the top dog in the EBC on a yearly basis based on the fact that they have more boy to chose from. But still, Whiting has proved that he is a very good coach, but Alliance is following the route that Louisville did.
Old 02-27-19, 04:34 PM
All District

Quote:
There is a slim chance that the Aviators will be D2 (very slim) depending on where the 2019 enrollment cut is and how many competitive balance enrollees they have. If they are D2 I don't see any playoff wins, but D3 I like their chances. Whiting will be a hot commodity if he puts together another good year. He has done a wonderful job at Alliance and I really respect the job he has done.

Keep in mind, according to the last enrollment numbers released last week, that Alliance has 97 more boys than the next closest team in the EBC (Alliance 363 and Marlington 266). They have 138 more than Carrollton (363-225), that's basically Carrollton plus a big D6 school.. If Minerva and Malvern would combine schools they would still be smaller than Alliance. . They also have 23 more boys than Louisville. So if the EBC administrators are following the same logic then did a few years ago- will Alliance be out soon?

I hope not and still wish Louisville was in, but Alliance really should be the top dog in the EBC on a yearly basis based on the fact that they have more boy to chose from. But still, Whiting has proved that he is a very good coach, but Alliance is following the route that Louisville did.
I agree 100% NBC. But There is a big difference between us and Louisville in terms of district and athletic disrabution. This enrollment count is the biggest weíve had in years, however we will be going back down next count and for years to come. Our younger grades are quite small. Alliance could be D4 at that point

Many of our athletes are 2-3 sport kids. Very few specialize in one sport. Our Marching Band seems like it grows every year too. Our biggest problem at Alliance is we have a lot of children who do not participate. I know every school has that but we have more for our size then I most I can promise you that. Plus our district is a very high poverty district and several kids are at a disadvantage growing up.

I also think Girls athletics is a big reason why Louisville got the boot. Sadly/luckily for us our girls programs are horrid. Our volleyball team has struggled and our basketball team may have been the worst in stark county. But I truly think this league will work. I hope someday Louisville is back in with us. I love playing them and I know for sure we are playing them in 2020 which is exciting but still think it was wrong for them to get the boot
Old 02-27-19, 04:40 PM
All District

Quote:
Captain you would have to go back a very long time for that. As you know Alliance has had great teams before but never consistent. 2 years and then it falls apart. Seems like whiting has truly built the foundation of a program.

As for next year the key will be two things. OL and Defensive..Defense was stout after the first two games and really stood out to me. Best Defense weíve had in years. Replacing Cox, Maley, Geier is a tall order. I know our DC likes to play a lot of kids but those three will be hard to replace.

OL needs to gel sooner. We are replacing 4 out of 5 starters. Luckily with Alexander and a healthy Baker the run game should be there! Iím excited we havenít had this much Participation on yappi about Alliance Football in a long time!!!
Old 02-27-19, 09:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Captain you would have to go back a very long time for that. As you know Alliance has had great teams before but never consistent. 2 years and then it falls apart. Seems like whiting has truly built the foundation of a program.

As for next year the key will be two things. OL and Defensive..Defense was stout after the first two games and really stood out to me. Best Defense weíve had in years. Replacing Cox, Maley, Geier is a tall order. I know our DC likes to play a lot of kids but those three will be hard to replace.

OL needs to gel sooner. We are replacing 4 out of 5 starters. Luckily with Alexander and a healthy Baker the run game should be there! Iím excited we havenít had this much Participation on yappi about Alliance Football in a long time!!!
No reason to worry about the offensive line Bolog and the Oakridge boys will have those boys ready to play some ball!!!!
Old 02-28-19, 08:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
I agree 100% NBC. But There is a big difference between us and Louisville in terms of district and athletic disrabution. This enrollment count is the biggest weíve had in years, however we will be going back down next count and for years to come. Our younger grades are quite small. Alliance could be D4 at that point

Many of our athletes are 2-3 sport kids. Very few specialize in one sport. Our Marching Band seems like it grows every year too. Our biggest problem at Alliance is we have a lot of children who do not participate. I know every school has that but we have more for our size then I most I can promise you that. Plus our district is a very high poverty district and several kids are at a disadvantage growing up.

I also think Girls athletics is a big reason why Louisville got the boot. Sadly/luckily for us our girls programs are horrid. Our volleyball team has struggled and our basketball team may have been the worst in stark county. But I truly think this league will work. I hope someday Louisville is back in with us. I love playing them and I know for sure we are playing them in 2020 which is exciting but still think it was wrong for them to get the boot
Great points.. I think Alliance is a perfect fit and would hate to see them go anywhere. I just brought it of because of the enrollment over the next 2 years. I just wish the EBC could get that 8th team and realistically Louisville is the best fit.
Old 02-28-19, 08:30 AM
All Region

Quote:

Alliance will be the team everyone in chasing for at least the next 2 years... I like what Whiting has done there..