Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-05-19, 08:39 PM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Obviously on that one
Old 04-06-19, 06:55 AM
Controller

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Thu Aug 29 H Mentor
Fri Sep 6 A Euclid
Fri Sep 13 A Erie Cathedral Prep (PA)
Sat Sep 21 H Cincinnati Elder
Sep 27 A Cincinnati Winton Woods
Sat Oct 5 H Akron Buchtel
Sat Oct 12 H Cleveland S. Ignatius
Fri Oct 18 H Football North (ON)
Sat Oct 26 H Archbishop Moeller
Fri Nov 1 H National Christian Academy (MD)
Not sure if Euclid really did cancel or not so I am leaving it for now.
Old 04-08-19, 11:49 AM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
Book it!

Quote:
All American

ED's week 2 now open!!
JR is backing out of a signed 2 yr contract to play Ed's at his place both years and Ed's was going to pay $15,000 each year and Euclid keeps gate ?.

So I guess when he says on tv that you have to beat the iggies and Ed's to be a great program he really is a chicken?
Old 04-08-19, 11:54 AM
All American

sehs
Does anyone know anything about National Christian Academy?

Too bad if its true Euclid is taking us off. I would love to see Euclid grow to become another powerhouse public school program, especially with that new stadium and given their history.
Old 04-28-19, 06:57 AM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to former Eagle Andrew Dowell on signing with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent. Good luck on making the final 53!
Old 04-29-19, 03:27 PM
Freshman

EdsFan82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That Sept 6th date is now open on the Hudl page which the coaches are pretty good about keeping updated. It did previously show Euclid.

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/6365/Bo...tball/schedule

Also of note, looks like they added an early Aug McKinley scrimmage on there.. since last I checked at least.
Old 04-29-19, 03:35 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs View Post
Does anyone know anything about National Christian Academy?
Just did some research and looks like a very talented team. Kind of reminds me of the Detroit team we played week two last year (QB went to Purdue and two of their RBs went Colorado and CMU).

NCA Sr class has three nationally ranked prospects, two appear to be their OTs and they also have a CB that is committed to PSU.

2020s: https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Fo...ution.Key=2503

From the Jr class, they have a high profile DE named Monkell Goodwine to know. Has 20+ offers including tOSU.

2021s: https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...ution.Key=2503
Old 04-29-19, 03:46 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
I imagine a competitive week two match-up will be difficult to fill at this point.
Old 04-29-19, 06:39 PM
All Ohio

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Also I thought I read somewhere that Euclid is now playing Pick Central week 2??
Old 04-29-19, 07:42 PM
Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
Also I thought I read somewhere that Euclid is now playing Pick Central week 2??
I don't think so. Pick Central appears to have an Indiana school that week, Columbus East
Old 04-29-19, 07:46 PM
Controller

I think Euclid picked up Canisius out of Buffalo for Week 2
Old 04-29-19, 08:07 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Looks like it from their Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/CanisiusHSFB?fbc...J6gQUEaqzKOUfQ
Old 04-29-19, 08:52 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
Rotsky gutless in pulling out of St. Eds game. Im guessing hed rather beat up on a western New York team as opposed to the defending big school state champs. Shame of it is that he gave up a giant pay day.
Old 05-01-19, 03:06 PM
All American

Old news

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsFan82 View Post
That Sept 6th date is now open on the Hudl page which the coaches are pretty good about keeping updated. It did previously show Euclid.

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/6365/Bo...tball/schedule

Also of note, looks like they added an early Aug McKinley scrimmage on there.. since last I checked at least.
I posted this the day after Euclid backed out of the contract and people kept asking anyway, book it!
Old 05-01-19, 03:20 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
I posted this the day after Euclid backed out of the contract and people kept asking anyway, book it!
Aware of that... but there was inquiry above if it was certain or not, so shared the Hudl page to show staff had already updated the schedule there as a means to trust what was being shared. Carry on..
Old 05-01-19, 04:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Rotsky gutless in pulling out of St. Eds game. Im guessing hed rather beat up on a western New York team as opposed to the defending big school state champs. Shame of it is that he gave up a giant pay day.
If there was/is a contract, how can a school/coach just back out? OHSAA could/should just fine the school a large amount of $. And also make it a week 2 forfeit for Euclid with no option play anyone. While Ed's could still play that week against someone else. Then I'd bet Euclid would play the game.
Old 05-01-19, 07:45 PM
Controller

OHSAA can only do what is in their Bylaws. St. Edward will move on and be fine. Disappointed Euclid backed out, though.
Old 05-02-19, 04:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
OHSAA can only do what is in their Bylaws. St. Edward will move on and be fine. Disappointed Euclid backed out, though.
That's not the point. They (Euclid) broke a contract. Last I knew, that is considered a legal binding document. You can't just run around breaking contracts when you feel like it. I'm sure OHSAA has every legal right to penalize Euclid however they want. That would end that B.S. It also set's a precidence. Others can schedule 2 year deals and cancel the away game with no repercussions. Classless!
Old 05-02-19, 06:30 PM
All Region

E.S. Furgeson is on a distinguished road
Have you read the contract? Are you familiar with the section about the payment made if (school a) decides to pull out of the game? Because Im sure it is in the contract. Classless? Eh. Bad look. More like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-19, 07:24 PM
Controller

Yep game contracts aren't locked in like you might think. Escape clauses for a fee are in all of them. St. Edward has received a few big checks over the years.

Euclid exercised a legitimate option, it appears. (Or possibly it was never signed in first place...) Nothing OHSAA can do.
Old 05-02-19, 08:03 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.S. Furgeson View Post
Have you read the contract? Are you familiar with the section about the payment made if (school a) decides to pull out of the game? Because I’m sure it is in the contract. Classless? Eh. Bad look. More like it.

I've been a head HS softball coach for many years. And I do most of my scheduling. I coach in PA, but have scheduled many independent games with teams from Ohio to get some good competition. I schedule 1 year home, 1 year away. And I have NEVER bailed on a team after even a verbal home and home agreement. I can't fathom doing that to a team. I guess I'm just built differently than the Euclid coach. It's called honoring your commitment. AKA: being a man of your word. So if he wants to pull out, I guess so be it. That sure doesn't mean that I have to think it is OK to do. I know I would never trust a coach that did that to my team or any other team. Have a great day E.S. Ferguson.
Old 05-03-19, 05:09 AM
All Region

Thank you. I have a nice little Friday planned. Hoping to make it to Marietta this weekend to (believe it or not) take in my niece s softball DH

Old 05-03-19, 05:49 AM
All American

sehs
Scheduling football games has been a major problem going back almost 20 years for St. Ed's, longer for St. Ignatius. It is part of the price of success and unless the OHSAA drastically changes, this will not be the last time something like this happens. I don't agree with backing out of a contract either but I'm sure, as people have pointed out, that there are clauses that allow for it. Chances are high that the teams will meet in November anyway depending on the seeding.
Old 05-03-19, 02:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Scheduling football games has been a major problem going back almost 20 years for St. Ed's, longer for St. Ignatius. It is part of the price of success and unless the OHSAA drastically changes, this will not be the last time something like this happens. I don't agree with backing out of a contract either but I'm sure, as people have pointed out, that there are clauses that allow for it. Chances are high that the teams will meet in November anyway depending on the seeding.
The shame of it is that it leaves the school hung out to dry and trying to find games is hard enough. And even harder for an Iggy or Ed's. But I've said my peace, and this thread is focused on St. Edward Football. I see Ed's is coming to Erie this year to play at Prep. You get to play in a very small venue with bleachers only on the home side and railroad tracks right behind the visitors bench. And trains come through pretty regular and they are quite loud and annoying. Joy.
Old 05-03-19, 02:56 PM
All American

sehs
Prep wouldn't play the game at that Veteran's Stadium? I really liked that venue a lot.
Old 05-03-19, 05:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Prep wouldn't play the game at that Veteran's Stadium? I really liked that venue a lot.
It's possible, but I doubt it. I would be surprised if they moved it to the Vet. But anything is possible. They could move it the week of the game. That would be the best move Prep could make. But the other factor is if Erie High School has a home game that night. Technically the Vet is Erie HS football's home stadium.
Old 05-06-19, 11:25 AM
All American

Typical JR move!

Quote:
That's not the point. They (Euclid) broke a contract. Last I knew, that is considered a legal binding document. You can't just run around breaking contracts when you feel like it. I'm sure OHSAA has every legal right to penalize Euclid however they want. That would end that B.S. It also set's a precidence. Others can schedule 2 year deals and cancel the away game with no repercussions. Classless!
Rules don't apply to him in his little mind.It's all about him!
Yet on TV interviews before or after 4-5 playoff or seasonal games vs Ed's and Iggy he always says you have to play these teams be be good??? Chicken-crap piece of dirt!
Old 05-09-19, 01:16 PM
All Region

The rules don't apply to him? Let it go. I'm sure there is an anonymous donor who can wrap up a last minute defensive end or back.
Old 05-09-19, 03:59 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's possible, but I doubt it. I would be surprised if they moved it to the Vet. But anything is possible. They could move it the week of the game. That would be the best move Prep could make. But the other factor is if Erie High School has a home game that night. Technically the Vet is Erie HS football's home stadium.
Looking at MaxPreps, Erie HS does indeed have a home game that Friday night, so the game looks to be played at Prep's field.

Erie hosts West Toronto Prep 9/13.
https://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/...4-67f1d84d3299
Old 05-09-19, 07:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Looking at MaxPreps, Erie HS does indeed have a home game that Friday night, so the game looks to be played at Prep's field.

Erie hosts West Toronto Prep 9/13.
https://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/...4-67f1d84d3299
That's a shame. It would be at a MUCH nicer venue if they could/would play it at the Vet. Prep's field is terrible for seating with no visitors bleachers and the VERY annoying loud trains that come through during the game right behind the visitors bench. Ed's handled Prep last year and I expect the same again this coming year. Assuming it is still a scheduled game, and unless something changes, I would rather go see Ignatius vs. Hoban instead of Ed's at Prep.