Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-18, 09:38 AM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 135
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
2019 GCL Coed

Definitely early, but why not get the thread started? The Coed will be interesting next year with the departures of Purcell and Roger Bacon and the addition of the CCL games (Hartley, Watterson, Desales, St Charles) from Columbus. Each team from the GCL will play 2 teams from the CCL with the exception of Alter because, well, they would rather play lesser competition. This is how I see it shaking out.

1. Alter
2. Carroll
3. CJ
4. Badin
5. Fenwick
6. McNicholas

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-04-18, 09:43 AM
Garth Algar Garth Algar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-29-08
Location: Aurora
Posts: 73
Garth Algar is on a distinguished road
I believe Badin and Mcnick are still playing Purcell and Bacon - just as non league games. I don't believe they are playing the Columbus schools.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-18, 09:51 AM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 135
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Algar View Post
I believe Badin and Mcnick are still playing Purcell and Bacon - just as non league games. I don't believe they are playing the Columbus schools.
You are right I forgot about that. I stand corrected.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-18, 10:08 AM
THE FLOCK THE FLOCK is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-30-18
Location: Applebee's
Posts: 139
THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
Definitely early, but why not get the thread started? The Coed will be interesting next year with the departures of Purcell and Roger Bacon and the addition of the CCL games (Hartley, Watterson, Desales, St Charles) from Columbus. Each team from the GCL will play 2 teams from the CCL with the exception of Alter because, well, they would rather play lesser competition. This is how I see it shaking out.

1. Alter
2. Carroll
3. CJ
4. Badin
5. Fenwick
6. McNicholas

Thoughts?
Fenwick 5th?? That's preposterous. Believe me I know that we lose guys like Henry Nenni, Thomas "the vulture" Vogelsang, RJ Clesceri, and more key seniors, but Fenwick reloads better than any school I've ever seen. Plus I think CJ is definitely going to be ahead of Carroll. Carroll loses their star in Fred Butts and CJ will have their big transfers that led them to a 5-0 start this year playing all 10 games. I'll be damned if my Falcons don't finish ahead of Badin and Carroll. Pathetic
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-18, 10:11 AM
cdubata cdubata is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-07-18
Posts: 23
cdubata is on a distinguished road
Fenwick will finish last. Quite possibly a 0-1 win team next year They return only 2 starters on offense, and 4 on defense, couple that with only 9 seniors on next years roster. No help from the JV team either. Only game they were even competitive was Carroll.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-18, 10:52 AM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 135
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Fenwick 5th?? That's preposterous. Believe me I know that we lose guys like Henry Nenni, Thomas "the vulture" Vogelsang, RJ Clesceri, and more key seniors, but Fenwick reloads better than any school I've ever seen. Plus I think CJ is definitely going to be ahead of Carroll. Carroll loses their star in Fred Butts and CJ will have their big transfers that led them to a 5-0 start this year playing all 10 games. I'll be damned if my Falcons don't finish ahead of Badin and Carroll. Pathetic
You win the troll of the year award. Fenwick brings back NOBODY. CJ loses Cokes and Wilcox. Carroll brings back damn near everyone with the exception of Fred Butts. Fred was no star. I stand by my predictions. Now get back to class.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-18, 11:04 AM
cdubata cdubata is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-07-18
Posts: 23
cdubata is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
You win the troll of the year award. Fenwick brings back NOBODY. CJ loses Cokes and Wilcox. Carroll brings back damn near everyone with the exception of Fred Butts. Fred was no star. I stand by my predictions. Now get back to class.
"NOBODY" in capital letters is a little harsh on 16 and 17 year old kids. The 6 players that they do return made all GCL this year. Kinda reinforces the reputation that Carroll has developed over the last couple of years.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-04-18, 11:20 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 646
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Fenwick 5th?? That's preposterous. Believe me I know that we lose guys like Henry Nenni, Thomas "the vulture" Vogelsang, RJ Clesceri, and more key seniors, but Fenwick reloads better than any school I've ever seen. Plus I think CJ is definitely going to be ahead of Carroll. Carroll loses their star in Fred Butts and CJ will have their big transfers that led them to a 5-0 start this year playing all 10 games. I'll be damned if my Falcons don't finish ahead of Badin and Carroll. Pathetic
I agree and think this might be the year CJ dethrones Alter.

1. CJ
2. Alter
3. Fenwick
4. Badin
5. Carroll
6. McNick
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-04-18, 12:04 PM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 135
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubata View Post
"NOBODY" in capital letters is a little harsh on 16 and 17 year old kids. The 6 players that they do return made all GCL this year. Kinda reinforces the reputation that Carroll has developed over the last couple of years.
You yourself JUST said they would finish last. Did I miss something?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-04-18, 12:37 PM
FootballFan4Life FootballFan4Life is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-08-14
Posts: 62
FootballFan4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
Definitely early, but why not get the thread started? The Coed will be interesting next year with the departures of Purcell and Roger Bacon and the addition of the CCL games (Hartley, Watterson, Desales, St Charles) from Columbus. Each team from the GCL will play 2 teams from the CCL with the exception of Alter because, well, they would rather play lesser competition. This is how I see it shaking out.

1. Alter
2. Carroll
3. CJ
4. Badin
5. Fenwick
6. McNicholas

Thoughts?
Why don't you do a little research before making yourself look ignorant. Check out the "lesser competition" from Belfry KY - who just happens to be the winningest football coach in Kentucky state football. Four consecutive state championships sure sounds like lesser competition. How would YOU like four of your first games out of the gate be Fairmont, Belfry, DeSales and Hartley? Lesser competition?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-04-18, 12:52 PM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 135
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan4Life View Post
Why don't you do a little research before making yourself look ignorant. Check out the "lesser competition" from Belfry KY - who just happens to be the winningest football coach in Kentucky state football. Four consecutive state championships sure sounds like lesser competition. How would YOU like four of your first games out of the gate be Fairmont, Belfry, DeSales and Hartley? Lesser competition?
If my team was as good as Alter I would LOVE to open up with that schedule. The big boys down south do it all the time. They play the GCL South, Eds, Ignatius, teams from KY. Alter wants to play lesser competition so they can skate into the playoffs every year and that is just the way it is. Cry about it if you want to.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-04-18, 01:33 PM
cdubata cdubata is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-07-18
Posts: 23
cdubata is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
You yourself JUST said they would finish last. Did I miss something?
My post was (suppose to be anyway) about the lack of depth at the upperclass levels, lack of current jrs and sophs, and the JV was 90% freshmen. You said that Fenwick has NOBODY worth a damn.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-04-18, 02:26 PM
chwestbroo chwestbroo is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-18
Location: In my mom's basement
Posts: 49
chwestbroo is on a distinguished road
I feel like Ryan Minor or Branden McDonald will win Offensive Player of the Year. Defensively Evan Schlensker, David Frederick, and maybe a few others could win the Defensive Award.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-04-18, 02:47 PM
FootballFan4Life FootballFan4Life is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-08-14
Posts: 62
FootballFan4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
If my team was as good as Alter I would LOVE to open up with that schedule. The big boys down south do it all the time. They play the GCL South, Eds, Ignatius, teams from KY. Alter wants to play lesser competition so they can skate into the playoffs every year and that is just the way it is. Cry about it if you want to.
Talk to me about scheduling when your team makes one trip to the playoffs. And by the way, skating into the playoffs as a #1, #2 or #3 seed every year isn't too shabby. Let me know if you want to the turn the conversation back to the failed two point conversion for the next 10 months.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-05-18, 05:36 PM
aged jock aged jock is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Posts: 2,062
aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan4Life View Post
Why don't you do a little research before making yourself look ignorant. Check out the "lesser competition" from Belfry KY - who just happens to be the winningest football coach in Kentucky state football. Four consecutive state championships sure sounds like lesser competition. How would YOU like four of your first games out of the gate be Fairmont, Belfry, DeSales and Hartley? Lesser competition?
Problem is, the first team can be very good, but the second team guys aren't as big, fast, strong, experienced or plentiful. They all have big hearts, but going through a gauntlet like that, there's no telling who would be left at the end.

That's why we have divisions. That's why CB is ridiculous, as it exists today.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-05-18, 05:39 PM
playboi12 playboi12 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-01-04
Location: cincinati
Posts: 798
playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Didn't alter beat elder at the pit back in the 80's or 90's?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-05-18, 09:34 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 646
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chwestbroo View Post
I feel like Ryan Minor or Branden McDonald will win Offensive Player of the Year. Defensively Evan Schlensker, David Frederick, and maybe a few others could win the Defensive Award.
I can see that
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-06-18, 11:40 AM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 135
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan4Life View Post
Talk to me about scheduling when your team makes one trip to the playoffs. And by the way, skating into the playoffs as a #1, #2 or #3 seed every year isn't too shabby. Let me know if you want to the turn the conversation back to the failed two point conversion for the next 10 months.
When you resort to ONE play from this past season, it lets me know what you are all about. Us going for 2 against the #3 seed in the region was a bad decision? One where the WIDE OPEN kid dropped the ball or he would have walked in? Stick to the topic at hand...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-07-18, 08:39 AM
THE FLOCK THE FLOCK is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-30-18
Location: Applebee's
Posts: 139
THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
When you resort to ONE play from this past season, it lets me know what you are all about. Us going for 2 against the #3 seed in the region was a bad decision? One where the WIDE OPEN kid dropped the ball or he would have walked in? Stick to the topic at hand...
LOL. Carroll fans. Confidence is one thing, ignorance is another. Saying the patriots will finish 2nd in the GCL is laughable. You haven't even been competitive in years, you lose your best player, and somehow that equals 2nd ahead of CJ? If anything, the failed 2 point conversion is the epitome of Carroll football. Any competent team would catch that wide open pass and walk in, but I think we all know Carroll is far from competent.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-07-18, 08:57 AM
cdubata cdubata is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-07-18
Posts: 23
cdubata is on a distinguished road
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-07-18, 01:13 PM
Deep Deep is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-30-18
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 138
Deep is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Fenwick 5th?? That's preposterous. Believe me I know that we lose guys like Henry Nenni, Thomas "the vulture" Vogelsang, RJ Clesceri, and more key seniors, but Fenwick reloads better than any school I've ever seen. Plus I think CJ is definitely going to be ahead of Carroll. Carroll loses their star in Fred Butts and CJ will have their big transfers that led them to a 5-0 start this year playing all 10 games. I'll be damned if my Falcons don't finish ahead of Badin and Carroll. Pathetic
More like Fenwick 6th. They are losing a lot this offseason.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-07-18, 01:27 PM
PATSFB PATSFB is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-30-18
Posts: 22
PATSFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
LOL. Carroll fans. Confidence is one thing, ignorance is another. Saying the patriots will finish 2nd in the GCL is laughable. You haven't even been competitive in years, you lose your best player, and somehow that equals 2nd ahead of CJ? If anything, the failed 2 point conversion is the epitome of Carroll football. Any competent team would catch that wide open pass and walk in, but I think we all know Carroll is far from competent.
Good for you. If Fenwick was competent they would have beat a team that is "far from competent" by more than 1pt. I think your insulting your own program with that statement.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-10-18, 07:46 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,782
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
Didn't alter beat elder at the pit back in the 80's or 90's?
yep
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-10-18, 07:48 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,782
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Practically Carroll's entire team is going to Power Enterprises which is basically where the Alter kids go... Heard they've been working really hard the last month there. Having stronger kids that are focused is a big improvement for Carroll. They may surprise some people this year. Again, they play a lame schedule. I also heard they're dropping Beavercreek
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-11-18, 01:58 PM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 135
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Practically Carroll's entire team is going to Power Enterprises which is basically where the Alter kids go... Heard they've been working really hard the last month there. Having stronger kids that are focused is a big improvement for Carroll. They may surprise some people this year. Again, they play a lame schedule. I also heard they're dropping Beavercreek
Everyone says we dropped Beavercreek and act like it is because they are so good. Beating an 0-10 D1 school does what for Carroll? They gave us ZERO points this year. What's the point?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-08-19, 11:53 AM
TheBaconator TheBaconator is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-11-18
Posts: 15
TheBaconator is on a distinguished road
Alter won't stand a chance against Carroll and CJ. They would be lucky to be third in the GCL next season.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-09-19, 09:21 AM
ColumbusCatholic ColumbusCatholic is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-05-17
Posts: 23
ColumbusCatholic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
Definitely early, but why not get the thread started? The Coed will be interesting next year with the departures of Purcell and Roger Bacon and the addition of the CCL games (Hartley, Watterson, Desales, St Charles) from Columbus. Each team from the GCL will play 2 teams from the CCL with the exception of Alter because, well, they would rather play lesser competition. This is how I see it shaking out.

1. Alter
2. Carroll
3. CJ
4. Badin
5. Fenwick
6. McNicholas

Thoughts?
I don't really care one way or another about the Alter scheduling argument but I see on a DeSales site that they are on the 2019 schedule......is this wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-09-19, 09:24 AM
FootballFan4Life FootballFan4Life is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-08-14
Posts: 62
FootballFan4Life is on a distinguished road
No. Itís correct. They play DeSales next year and Hartley and St Charles the following season.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-09-19, 09:28 AM
hdvhsmgr hdvhsmgr is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-01
Location: Columbus, OH, USA
Posts: 1,554
hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Anyone know who Alter is playing week 3? Right now, I have:

KETTERING ALTER
1 - Kettering-Fairmont
2 - Thurgood Marshall
3 - OPEN/UNKNOWN
4 - Columbus DeSales
5 - Dayton Ponitz
6 - Hamilton Badin
7 - Bishop Fenwick
8 - Dayton Carroll
9 - Cincinnati McNicholas
10 - Dayton Chaminade-Julienne
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-09-19, 09:41 AM
TheBaconator TheBaconator is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-11-18
Posts: 15
TheBaconator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
Anyone know who Alter is playing week 3? Right now, I have:

KETTERING ALTER
1 - Kettering-Fairmont
2 - Thurgood Marshall
3 - OPEN/UNKNOWN
4 - Columbus DeSales
5 - Dayton Ponitz
6 - Hamilton Badin
7 - Bishop Fenwick
8 - Dayton Carroll
9 - Cincinnati McNicholas
10 - Dayton Chaminade-Julienne
I don't know. They usually play Roger Bacon, but we are not in the GCL anymore. Which is lucky for Alter! They wouldn't be able to stop Corey Kiner with 15 players on defense! LOL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCL Coed 2018-19 chwestbroo Boys Basketball 281 04-01-19 05:16 PM
GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2013-2018 Pope Francis 1 Football 480 11-20-18 12:28 PM
GCL Coed 2018 ThatRandomGuy Baseball 0 03-12-18 09:10 PM
GCL coed bseballfan35 Baseball 0 02-22-18 08:53 PM
GCL Coed Week 4 GclKing Football 15 09-17-17 01:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz