Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Projected Record?
10-0 0 0%
9-1 0 0%
8-2 2 5.88%
7-3 3 8.82%
6-4 8 23.53%
5-5 7 20.59%
4-6 6 17.65%
3-7 3 8.82%
2-8 2 5.88%
1-9 1 2.94%
0-10 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-17-19, 10:05 AM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,217
birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
2019 Schedule
8/30 - @Fairfield
9/6 - @Lakota West
9/13 - Dunbar
9/20 - Miamisburg
9/27 - Beavercreek
10/4 - @Wayne
10/11 - Fairmont
10/18 - @Springfield
10/25 - @Northmont
11/1 - Springboro

After coming off a disappointing 2-8 season, I expect the Elks to rebound in 2019. I am going to project their record at 7-3 and the playoffs! Elks should beat Dunbar, Beavercreek, Miamisburg, & Fairmont, then win 3 of remaining 6 games.
Centerville football is now a joke. You need to update your transfer protocol like Dayton Wayne. Call vampire2 for a tutorial. GBM
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-17-19, 12:27 PM
firebirds football firebirds football is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-12-18
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 14
firebirds football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I am not sure if it is a rebuilding year since we didn't lose much from the SR class like the year prior, or will need to have some younger kids contribute more than normal. I am more optimistic and think 7-3 is possible. Fairmont missed their chance last year. I don't see any chance for the Birds to beat the Elks this year.
I think we will start slower but will hit our stride right around when we play you guys. It seems like you are losing a lot at receiver and defense. I think we will handle you up front and dominate the whole game.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-17-19, 03:46 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,977
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Centerville football is now a joke. You need to update your transfer protocol like Dayton Wayne. Call vampire2 for a tutorial. GBM
Moeller sucks.... they are everything that is wrong with high school sports.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-17-19, 05:50 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGuy View Post
Your week 3 game is a joke. Centerville should be embarrassed by that. I just checked the OHSAA website. Massilon Perry and Pickerington Central are looking for a week 3 game. Instead, Centerville with their 1049 boys is going to play Dunbar and their 277 boys. I guess Carlisle didn't have an opening?
I hope Dunbar is a layup for the Elks. With Fairfield and Lakota West plus Wayne, Northmont, Springboro, and Springfield, the Elks will probably have one of the hardest schedules in the state. It is not unusual to schedule a game that should be a win.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-17-19, 05:50 PM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,217
birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Moeller sucks.... they are everything that is wrong with high school sports.

Big Moe is the envy of every school in America. Dayton Wayne on the other hand should take notes and you should stay current on your medication. GBM
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-17-19, 05:52 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Centerville football is now a joke. You need to update your transfer protocol like Dayton Wayne. Call vampire2 for a tutorial. GBM
One down season and now Centerville is a joke?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-17-19, 05:55 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirds football View Post
I think we will start slower but will hit our stride right around when we play you guys. It seems like you are losing a lot at receiver and defense. I think we will handle you up front and dominate the whole game.
That is what I thought would happen last year, but it did not happen. We did lose several WRs, but I like what is coming up. OL is probably the biggest question mark. DL and defense will be better this year as we had a lot of injuries last year.

I could be wrong, but I think the Elks will surprise some teams this year.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-17-19, 08:23 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,977
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Big Moe is the envy of every school in America. Dayton Wayne on the other hand should take notes and you should stay current on your medication. GBM
Wayne owns Moe in football.... no envy here
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-18-19, 06:51 AM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,217
birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Wayne owns Moe in football.... no envy here
According to Wikipedia, "In it's 50+ year history, Wayne's varsity football team has won several conference football championships and and has played in the OHSAA playoff tournament 18 times. In 1999, 2010, 2014, and 2015, the team made it to the Division I state championship game, losing all four times. They have won 4 of 6 games vs Big Moe head to head. Somehow, I don't think this record of accomplishments fares very well in the overall conversation. GBM
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-18-19, 09:58 AM
nooks nooks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-06
Posts: 826
nooks is on a distinguished road
How does Dayton Dunbar only have 297 HS boys? There are probably 20,000 residents in that district. What school do they go too? They can't all go to Huber Heights...?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-18-19, 10:14 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 271
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooks View Post
How does Dayton Dunbar only have 297 HS boys? There are probably 20,000 residents in that district. What school do they go too? They can't all go to Huber Heights...?
I would guess that they go to one of the other 5 Dayton City Schools, or possibly even Trotwood.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-18-19, 02:38 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I would guess that they go to one of the other 5 Dayton City Schools, or possibly even Trotwood.
I believe you are correct. Dunbar is D3 for FB like Trotwood.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-18-19, 04:16 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,977
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooks View Post
How does Dayton Dunbar only have 297 HS boys? There are probably 20,000 residents in that district. What school do they go too? They can't all go to Huber Heights...?
Dayton is open enrollment and with all the issues that had happened at Dunbar they likely took off to Marshall, Belmont, or Trotwood now that Trotwood is officially open-enrollment. They cannot go to Wayne unless they physically move into the Huber Heights school district. Wayne is NOT an open enrollment school nor will they ever be.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-18-19, 04:20 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,977
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
According to Wikipedia, "In it's 50+ year history, Wayne's varsity football team has won several conference football championships and and has played in the OHSAA playoff tournament 18 times. In 1999, 2010, 2014, and 2015, the team made it to the Division I state championship game, losing all four times. They have won 4 of 6 games vs Big Moe head to head. Somehow, I don't think this record of accomplishments fares very well in the overall conversation. GBM
Oh, I know Wayne's history as well as Moe's as well as what happens when these teams meet. I know what Wayne does to teams like Moeller, St. Xavier, and Elder in the playoffs... I was at all those games. Wayne is not envy or in aw of these schools....
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-19-19, 11:51 AM
nooks nooks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-06
Posts: 826
nooks is on a distinguished road
Thanks Vamps...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-23-19, 08:51 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Oh, I know Wayne's history as well as Moe's as well as what happens when these teams meet. I know what Wayne does to teams like Moeller, St. Xavier, and Elder in the playoffs... I was at all those games. Wayne is not envy or in aw of these schools....
Wayne has been a D1 state power the last 10 years repping the GWOC. I am ready for the Elks to step up.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-25-19, 07:18 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 101
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I am not sure if it is a rebuilding year since we didn't lose much from the SR class like the year prior, or will need to have some younger kids contribute more than normal. I am more optimistic and think 7-3 is possible. Fairmont missed their chance last year. I don't see any chance for the Birds to beat the Elks this year.
In the last two years you have lost all the starters on the O and D lines. I think there will be no starters from last year on either line. I may be wrong but I believe that is the case. D LB and secondary will have some experience.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-26-19, 04:50 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
In the last two years you have lost all the starters on the O and D lines. I think there will be no starters from last year on either line. I may be wrong but I believe that is the case. D LB and secondary will have some experience.
We lose a lot of OL and DL but not all. Our best DL and 2 OLB/DEs are back along with some good LBs and SS. OL is returning the LT but rest will be young. Defense will be much better and offense will be more dangerous with QB and RB back. Our WRs will surprise some people - big and athletic. I am still feeling 7-3.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-30-19, 08:41 PM
nooks nooks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-06
Posts: 826
nooks is on a distinguished road
In HS football, give me 2 future college defensive linemen and an all-league LB and I'll give you a championship team. Forget who said that...but I think it was Paul Brown. Appears not what the Elks will have back. So I'll stick with 6-4.
I do think the direction under this coaching staff is solid though.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-06-19, 05:17 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
GWOC Showcase

I heard the Elks and some other GWOC schools had a showcase today. How did our Elks do and how many coaches showed up?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 05-06-19, 06:05 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 101
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooks View Post
In HS football, give me 2 future college defensive linemen and an all-league LB and I'll give you a championship team. Forget who said that...but I think it was Paul Brown. Appears not what the Elks will have back. So I'll stick with 6-4.
I do think the direction under this coaching staff is solid though.
Paul Brown? Ok, who are the two DL and who is the LB?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-06-19, 06:07 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 101
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I heard the Elks and some other GWOC schools had a showcase today. How did our Elks do and how many coaches showed up?
Wasnít just CHS, these coaches have been doing a circuit of SW Ohio, today was the GWOC.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-07-19, 06:42 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
Wasnít just CHS, these coaches have been doing a circuit of SW Ohio, today was the GWOC.
I like the idea of showing off the talent in the GWOC. I heard that this was the first year and the GWOC got the idea from the GMC. I hope they do it every year to make it easy for college coaches to see the Elks.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-07-19, 06:34 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 101
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I like the idea of showing off the talent in the GWOC. I heard that this was the first year and the GWOC got the idea from the GMC. I hope they do it every year to make it easy for college coaches to see the Elks.
It seems like a good idea, but from what I heard it was not your typical evaluation. At least at chs, they did not run a 40. And there was only interest in a few players. If the interest is only in skilled players, great, just donít invite linemen. That said it is a good thing for football in Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-08-19, 04:18 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
It seems like a good idea, but from what I heard it was not your typical evaluation. At least at chs, they did not run a 40. And there was only interest in a few players. If the interest is only in skilled players, great, just donít invite linemen. That said it is a good thing for football in Ohio.
I wonder if there is a way for the HCs to know in advance what coaches are coming and who they want to see? There is no sense in wasting a kids time if they are not going to be evaluated.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-08-19, 06:28 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 101
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I wonder if there is a way for the HCs to know in advance what coaches are coming and who they want to see? There is no sense in wasting a kids time if they are not going to be evaluated.
Sure but something like this, where the coaches are coming to the kids, the coaches should be giving all the "invited" players a look and to not even have them run a 40 is kind of ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-16-19, 06:59 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Anything new in ELK Country?

It just hit me yesterday, but all 5 of the Elks toughest games this season are away - Fairfield, Lakota West, Wayne, Springfield, and Northmont. This schedule has to be one of the toughest D1 schedules in the state.

Last edited by ELK Strong; 05-16-19 at 01:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-16-19, 03:28 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,977
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
It just hit me yesterday, but all 5 of the Elks toughest games this season are away - Fairfield, Lakota West, Wayne, Springfield, and Northmont. This schedule has to be one of the toughest D1 schedules in the state.
You also pay Dunbar..... so while you are playing Fairfield, West, and Dunbar Wayne has Colerain, Olentangy Liberty, and Trotwood....

I hope both teams can get through it at 3-0 but with all the distractions Wayne could start the season 0-3.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-23-19, 09:07 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 651
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
You also pay Dunbar..... so while you are playing Fairfield, West, and Dunbar Wayne has Colerain, Olentangy Liberty, and Trotwood....

I hope both teams can get through it at 3-0 but with all the distractions Wayne could start the season 0-3.
With the exception of Dunbar, both OOC schedule look pretty daunting. Fairfield will be a good gauge to see if the Elks will be more competitive this year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schedules EagleFan Football 49 02-07-19 07:22 PM
Centerville Football 2018 Recap and 2019 Future ELKSONE Football 39 11-02-18 07:36 AM
Huber Heights Wayne 35 Centerville 21 vamp2syd Football 7 09-29-18 11:50 AM
Challenge Game (9/29): Centerville (5-0) at Wayne (4-1) WarriorOne Football 164 10-02-17 09:01 PM
WK 5 : Centerville (4-0) vs. Springboro (1-3) ELK Strong Football 83 09-22-17 09:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz